U.S.S. Sentinel - 11505.04, Mission #39

"Lost and Found"


Summary

 

The USS Sentinel is at Kobliad after spending two days being repaired and re-armed. She isn't at 100% yet, but there's 10 more hours of high warp until they reach their destination of the Helaspont Station and 51 Pegasi. Twenty ships, a combined Andorian and Starfleet task force, have gone missing in this area during a particularly excessive amount of solar radiation blocked scans. The Sentinel and her crew have been tasked to investigate and find our the cause of the disappearance and recover the vessels and their crews is possible.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Begin Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sits in her chair on the bridge, holding her head in her hand:: aXO: We just about ready to ship off?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Stands at tactical, methodically tapping gloved fingers on console::

 

ACTION: A handful of nurses gather around Lieutenant Marcus' biobed, making sure he doesn't leave while performing - probably unnecessary - scans.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::takes her place at OPS, signing into the console::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: sits in Sickbay, logging the latest injuries and deaths for the record, wondering who writes the letter home ::

<

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

CO: The Sutherland is heading the task force in our absence. We are good to go, ma'am. ::in a quieter voice for her ears only:: Pardon me for asking, but are YOU?

 

<Nurse_Gesh>

::peeks her head into the CMO's office:: CMO: Doctor, Lieutenant Marcus is ready to be cleared.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

aXO: Alright, give the order. ::Lowers her voice:: I'm fine...just some lingering pain.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: looks up :: Nurse_Gesh: Alright. :: stands up :: I guess I'll read him the list of dos and do nots.

 

<Nurse_Gesh>

::grins, stepping aside to let the CMO through:: CMO: I'll get the audio recordings.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Primes the matter/antimatter intermix.::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CMO: I think I know the drill Doc, Dont play with it too much or it will fall off and all that?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

AMB: Plot a course for Helaspont Station, warp 9. We have a long way to go.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: thrrrrrrmmmm, thrrrrrmmmm, Klwwwwwshh.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: walks up to a biobed near Marcus and leans against it :: NAV: More like you're confined to the ship until that wound heals and I keep a medical sensor on you just in case. Any questions?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

OPS: Ma'am, warp engines ready for engagement.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CMO: and where might this medical sensor be placed, Doctor? :: Winks::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*ENG*: Understood Ensign, I'll pass that along

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Warp engines are ready, Ma'am

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

All: Engage

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::hits the big shiny Engage button::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

NAV: It's a wristband. :: politely ignores any and all dirty jokes that could have come from that ::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel turns on its axis, her nacelles powering up before she shoots off in the direction of Helaspony Station at high warp.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Feels the ship going to warp:: CMO: fine fine someone is driving my ship may I go Doc?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: monitors the warp field, adjusting fuel regulation for high warp speed.**

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: hands him the wristband :: NAV: Now you can go. I think the ship is probably in good hands, so you needn't worry. Oh, and if you take the sensor off, I'll know. See ya 'round!

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*OPS*: Ma'am 10 hours at high warp speed will leave us awfully hot.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Runs from Sickbay to the nearest TL:: TL: Bridge

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Engineering has a request to go slower than warp 9 ma'am, he feels that the engines will be too hot..

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: The TL Doors open and he makes a stride to his helm, as he places the wrist band under his sleeve:: AMB: Excuse me Ensign, but may I drive? :: Smiles::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sighs softly:: *ENG*: I understand the risk, but we're in a bit of a rush here. Your opinion is noted. If things are going well, we might go down to warp 8.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*CO*: Ma'am, yes Ma'am.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::smiles back at NAV, politely:: NAV: Sure, let me just transfer the controls over...::oh so politely..::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Appologies for my timing Captain, I had to be released by Doctor Sarissa it wont happen again :: re engages control of the helm::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Noted.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Gist smiles at the scene, and ponders for a moment if he should congradulate Marcus on his "escape" but thinks better of it::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Shuffles over to Console #2, plotting a heat graph versus time versus reduced energy capacity.  The 3-D display makes him wince.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: makes the rounds and releases a few patients, some with sensors, some without ::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel continues to fly through space, despite the squabbles within her corridors.

 

TIMEWARP: The Sentinel travels without incident, skirting around the pockets of fighting between Federation and Tzenkethi forces. The journey takes a little over 18 hours thanks to the heat issues, but she finally arrives none-the-worse for wear a few minutes out from Helaspont Station.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sits in her Ready Room, going over PADDs with data from the war::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

aXO: 3 minutes to Helaspont sir

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finishes inputting the last death records and leans back in her chair, wondering why the Tzenkethi felt the need to kill this many people ::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

AMB: Hail the station when we are in range. I want to know everything that they know.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: Ma'am, we are just a few minutes out. Hailing the station as we speak.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

aXO: Yes sir ::Hails the station:: Incoming message from Commander Richards

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Stands up and heads back onto the bridge:: AMB: On screen.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::puts the message on the main viewer::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: As cordinates are reached he brings the ship out of warp:: CO: Slowing to Impulse, Captain

 

ACTION: The comms go off in the Sickbay: "Medical Emergency, Deck 4 Section 21 crew quarters!"

 

<Commander_Richards>

@::appears on the viewscreen, looking a little haggard:: *Sentinel*: Sentinel, this is Helaspont Station. Welcome to the arse-end of the galaxy.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: Damn. :: louder :: On my way! :: grabs a medikit and runs off to the TL :: TL: Deck Four!

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Immediately begins cool-down procedures for both nacelles, easing down the warp core.::

 

ACTION: A comm goes off on the bridge. "Medical Emergency on Deck 4, Section 21. Tactical assistance required."

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: *Helsapont*: I'd like to say it's good to be here. ::Looks over:: TAC: Tactical assistance required? Send a team down.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*Computer: On it.* :: Walks into turbolift:: TL: Deck 4

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: steps out on Deck 4 and heads towards Section 21 ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: should I do an internal sensor sweep for that section, Ma'am?

 

<Commander_Richards>

@::nods:: *CO*: We've been hit with the odd raider, but there's too many ships here and not enough tactical advantage, so it's been most staying away for long hours while they try to annoy us. I was told you're here for the Draconis task force?

 

ACTION: As the CMO nears the correct section, she can see a pair of crewmen standing in the corridor while a third is on his knees over a body attempting CPR.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*Richards*: That would be the missing contingent, yes? That's why we're here. Do you have last known coordinates?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: Air and Fire... :: runs closer :: Crewmen: What happened here? :: scanning body with tricorder ::

 

<Crewman_Bickers>

::looking a little pale - there's so much blood:: CMO: We were heading to our duty shift in Engineering when we found her like this.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::nods at Terell, coming over to the station:: AMB: Just to get a better idea of what is happening. Keep in touch with our medical and tactical teams.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Finally the doors open and Gist moves towards section 21::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*OPS*: Ma'am, we could sure use some replacement & spare parts.  :: Sends a tabulated list of parts sorted by priority. ::

 

<Commander_Richards>

@::nods, turning to check his console then tapping at it, sending the data across to the Sentinel:: *CO*: We were expecting some communications blackout from high solar activity from Theta Draconis, we had sensor locks on the ships before and then no trace afterwards. We sent a shuttle out to investigate but turned out nothing.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Crewman_Bickers: Got it. Do you have any idea how it happened? Any of you? :: the tricorder is shrilling loudly and unhappily ::

 

ACTION: The gathered crewmen shake their heads - they look pretty crisp and fresh, except for the one who was doing CPR and is now dripping with blood.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::initiates an internal sensor sweep for deck 4, section 21:: *CMO*/*TAC*: This is the Bridge, we need a report as soon as you can give it

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*Richards*: Did the shuttle disappear as well? or just the 20 ships?

 

<Commander_Richards>

@*CO*: Just those ships, our shuttle came back empty handed.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

aXO: I've just received all of the data from the sensor logs from the station, Sir

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*Richards*: We'll look into it...Anything else you can tell us?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*AMB* Um, we have a crewmen down here with six stab wounds to her lower abdomen. I'm transporting to Sickbay now, so I'll keep you posted. :: flips tricorder shut :: TR: Sarissa to Transporter Room Three, emergency transport for two directly to Sickbay.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Gist finally reaches the scene, temporarily ingoring the Captain:: ALL: What's the situation?

 

<Commander_Richards>

@*CO*: Only to keep an eye out. Raiders like to hit us from the nebula some times. You couldn't hide anything larger in there with our sensor net, but smaller ships can slip through it and surprise you.

 

ACTION: The transport chief acknowledges and transports Sarissa and the crewman to Sickbay.

 

<Crewman Bickers>

TAC: Sir, we came across one of the lower deck Ensigns lying here on the floor bleeding. She looked so pale...

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Ma'am, the CMO is reporting that the injured crewman has stab wounds to the lower abdomen

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: *Richards*: Acknowledged. We'll get right on this. Sentinel out. ::Motions for the AMB to cut the com.::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::frowns mightily:: *TAC*: I want that area locked down, and I want the movements of our downed crewman traced.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: spots a nurse nearby :: Nurse_Williams: Help me get her to a biobed, now!

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::cuts the comm to the station::

 

<Commander_Richards>

@::nods, getting back to work:: TIC_Chief: Give me those sensor readouts from station fourty-six, I want to check them again last week's.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*OPS*: Ma'am, about those parts.  What can Helaspont provide us with??

 

<Nurse_Williams>

::jumps too it with professional alacrity, taking a hold of the body and helps the Doctor get her up onto the biobed, beginning with hooking up the biosign monitors::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO*: Aye sir,  ALL: Can anyone tell me what happened here?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*ENG*: One second Ensign, let me have a look at that list you sent. ::brings up the list, transferring a parts request to the station::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: gets the dermal regenerator ready :: Nurse_Williams: Can you replicate some blood for her? She's going to need a few pints.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods to the aXO:: aXO: If you can handle this, I'll take care of things up here. ::Turns back:: NAV: Set course for Draconis.

 

ACTION: The Vulcan woman continues to bleed out on the biobed, her chest barely rising at all.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

CO: This is the last thing we need right now short of a sudden Tzenkethi attack. ::shakes head:: AMB: Updates as soon as there are any. Get science sort through the sensor data we were sent as well, see if anything unusual pops up.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

aXO: Should I have the station beam over the parts that were requested by engineering?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: starts to patch up the wounds, using guaze to seal the others for now. ::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

AMB: If they can spare them. Things were a little rushed at Kobliad.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain :: Sets course to draconis and engages at full impulse::

 

ACTION: A small security detail arrives to corden off the area at Section 21.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Crewman Bickers: Did she say anything?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

aXO: yes Sir.. ::acknowledges the offer to beam over the parts, as soon as they can do it::

 

<Crewman Bickers>

::shakes his head:: TAC: Nothing, sir. She was unresponsive. Melanie gave her CPR immediately, we could see she was breathing.

 

ACTION: The parts are transported to Engineering storage before the Sentinel moves away from the station at impulse.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Looks at the team for a second:: security detail dudes: I want a man posted on every door and every corridor in this section ::Taps com badge aXO: Sir, we're going to need more men down here. Crewman Bicker: Did you hear anything? ::pulls out a tricorder to scan the area::

 

<Ensign_Sa'tel>

::lays on the biobed, coming around and opening her eyes, foamy green blood on her lips as she glances up at the doctor working furiously over her abdomen::

 

<Crewman_Bickers>

::shakes his head again:: TAC: Nothing, we were on our way to a duty shift when we came across her.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Exits Main Engineering and heads to see what presents we got from Helasponte, hoping for the good stuff.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::sends the sensor data through to the science station for SCI to sort through next time he's on duty::

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage