U.S.S. Hyperion - 11504.20, Mission #48

"Kobliad Knights"


 

<GD_Aoibhe>

Summary: The Hyperion is still heading into the Badlands, since Captain Rome hasn't felt inclined towards update the bloody orders!

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::rides the TL up to the Bridge, adjusting his uniform and centering himself::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Is correlating all the reports that mention MACOs::

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<CEO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::is in Engineering with an icepack on her head, having turned and walked into an open bulkhead hatch::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::is busy making the rounds in sickbay as usual::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Looks up as the TL doors open, and double takes at Rome::  CO: Feeling a little shaggy, were you Captain?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::steps onto the Bridge as the lift doors open::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Is doing his rounds on the ship, checking in with security personnel, and in on the training sims on the holodeck.::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::seated on the Big Chair, then nearly falls off at the sight of the Captain:: CO: Sir? Going for a new look? Not that the buzzcut doesn't suit you...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::gives Jo and Roj a look:: All: Felt like a change was in order...::walks towards the center chair:: OPS: Report.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::turns to look, raising an eyebrow but keeping quiet otherwise::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gets up:: CO: Still heading for the Badlands. We should be there soon. ::moves to the XO chair::

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: ETA Mr. Miller ?

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Raises her eyebrow at Rome::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

CO: Coming up in 15 minutes, sir. ::pauses:: I like the new look, if it matters.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::looking over mission orders, finalizing casualty prep.. again::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Thank you for the input Mr. Miller.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::smiles faintly and returns to his console::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Jo, has engineering reported on the status of our shields..those plasma storms caused a havoc with our systems last time.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Decides that the security teams are prepped and that he should make his way back to the bridge.::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Looks away from her work, to glance over at a console to one side to check::  CO: I've not had a recent report.  Let me contact Danann

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Can you get a read on the ship ?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::tapping at the console:: CO: Analyzing now, sir.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Taps her badge:: *CEO*: Feyna to Danann, what is the current status of our sheilds, in consdieration of the plasma storms?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::runs a hand over his head, feeling the breeze of the environmental systems::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::checks in the last few patients left over from the last battle, there's still about half dozen recovering in main sickbay::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Turbolift opens up on the bridge, Soule taking up his position at TAC.::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

CO: Unknown, sir. The trail is degraded since it's about ten or more hours old. I can confirm it's not Federation in origin.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::leans in:: OPS: What do you think ?

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Danann>

::Looks up at the ceiling as she pressed the icepack to her skull:: *CTO*: Well, they're in better nick than my head... ::grimaces:: *CTO*: They're at full power. Just tell Miller not to surf right into any eddies, yea?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::leans closer as well:: CO: It can be any of our enemies' ships. Let's follow it.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Looks over at Rome:: *CEO* Look after yourself.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: I tend to agree....I'm in the mood for some swift justice.....inform the second wing to split off and follow the original course.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Signs off::  CO: So the shields are at full power, and holding, just don't try anything too....avante guarde

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Thank you Commander. We'll be sure to reserve the theatrics.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Dannan>

::waves over an ENG with a medkit.:: ENG: Just gimme something in there that will help me see straight, got it?

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::goes back to her MACO work, taking a moment to think whether she prefers the shorn or the floppy locked Rome::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::formulates the orders and transmits it to the second wing:: CO: Orders sent.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Pursuit course Mr. Miller.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Isn't sure of what's going on, but does a last minute diagnostic of the weapons systems.::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

CO: Aye, sir. I've also picking up a second ion trail a bit weaker than the first, intersecting it and then entering the Badlands a ways further on. ::changes the ship's course to follow the ion trails::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::gives bed #1 his injection of pain meds, gives bed #2 antinausea meds for concussion, and checks on the osteotractor on bed 3 as it aligns the patient's left femur bone..::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Two ships ?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

CO: Yessir. But they split off, like they went this way at separate times.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: A patrol perhaps?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Makes sense. Let's keep on the original trail for now.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Aye, sir. ::speaks to Miller:: aNAV: Stay with the original trail.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::nods in acknowledgement and marks the area where the fainter trail enters the Badlands::

 

ACTION: The good ship Hyperion reaches the edge of normal space, the Badlands billowing and looming right ahead of them.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::cracks his knuckles but otherwise keeping silent::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::prepares himself for the wild ride that's coming up::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::watches the plot track on his console::

 

ACTION: The first tendrils of disturbance reach out and curl around the Hyperion's port side, pushing it about.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::still feeling the effects on whatever was in that bottle:: CTO: Jo, where's my Rak?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Takes a deep breath, feeling unnerved by them entering the Badlands again.::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::looks up, yet again, at the sound of cracking knuckles and an irate Captain:: CO: In the replicator, where it normally lives.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::keeps his eyes on the viewscreen, thinking back to the last time he was around these parts::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::counters the first caress of the Badlands:: Self: Naughty naughty. I haven't asked you to dance yet.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::points at a Cadet then at the replicator::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

CO: Sir, this is where the first ship entered the Badlands.

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Take us in, use your best judgement.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Tell the Vonnegut and her wing to flank us.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Lets a grin escape, and shakes her head at Rome::  CO: Not quite what I was suggesting, Boss.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::changes course and sends the ship into the turbulent region of space, quarter impulse.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::accepts the cup from the Cadet and sends him on his way:: CTO: I was....weapon and shield status ?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sends the orders to the Vonnegut:: CO: Done.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::Feels the ship's rocking, and instructs the nurses to fasten down the patients if there's too much turbulence...::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: Same as they were last time you asked.  All fully operational.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sips of the coffee:: CTO: Then find me a target.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: We're looking sir....

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::sends Rojer a pic of a seatbelt sign with a note to hold on::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::taps a command into his armrest and activates the safety belt::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Good man.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::glances over:: CO: Good advice, sir. ::does the same, sending Ethan the commands to activate his own, with a snarky "This is how you do it" return message::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: We'll find 'em.... hopefully before they find us.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: Any target?  I could throw some....::Stops as she sees something on sensors:: ....I can see the ion trail on short range sensors

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::smirks, tapping the controls to active his harness, making the minor adjustments to sail around the plasma plumes::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Sensor analysis.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Ensign Douglas, a word.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: Working on it.  ::Is tapping furiously::

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::turns to look at Douglas::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::His eyes look around the bridge nervously, as he thinks about what he could have possibly done this time.:: CO: Uh... yes sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::waves the kid over::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Approaches the captain.:: CO: I didn't do it this time....

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::banks to starboard, avoiding another plume that erupts::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Commander Lyon gave me a report on your holographic .... shut up.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: I like it...but I have some concerns.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: It's a small craft.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Friend or foe ?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::his mouth twitches with amusement::

 

ACTION: The Hyperion is shook violently as the plume Miller was trying to avoid suddenly spins towards them

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Taps some more:: CO: Doesn't seem to have a final destination. more just weaving around avoiding things.  I'm a little suspicious, like it's supposed to be drawing our attention

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: Vitro.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::is thrown around in his harness: aNAV: Easy there.

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: He's anxious to meet you sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: When will we be in weapons range ?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

Self: You bitch, you shouldn't be biting. ::speaks louder:: CO: Aye, sir. That one got a bit friendly.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::is suddenly very glad that she had the nurses put the straps around the patients this time.. ::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks up at Douglas:: TAC: We'll see, but until then I want you to rewrite his matrix to remove any chance of friendly fire or danger to Starfleet personnel.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Danann>

*aNAV*: Watch the paintwork, Miller! I'll take any damage out of your allowance! ::rushes across Main Engineering::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Gets shaken around a little:: CO: Not too long now

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Swipes her MACO work to one side::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: When we're in range fire a warning shot across their bow.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::managed not to get thrown to the ground..this time::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

*CEO*: When you have your pilot qualifications you can complain. Until, keep it to yourself. You know how unpredictable the Badlands can be.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: I can do that sir, but he shouldn't be much of a problem in that respect sir.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: If I can get that aim in, I'll do my best

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Do it, and then you can present the idea again.

 

ACTION: The ship shudders with another near miss. The Hyperion is just too big for this kind of delicate manoeuvring

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

*CEO*: You can come sit here and I'll bang around Engineering. But I'd rather not since we might just blow up or something. Pick your choose. ::banks around another plume, heading for the smaller ship.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Now, get a MACO team together to board that ship.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Don't make me spill my coffee.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: We might be beter off in MVAM, sir.

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Smiles.:: CO: Now that, I can definitely do sir.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

CO: Wouldn't dream of it, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Can we seperate in here safely?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods at Douglas:: TAC: Dismissed.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sighs:: CO: Probably not. We should have done that before we entered.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Danann>

*aNAV*: I'll play you for it later. Poker. You and that lug you married. ::reroutes something through something else so that a third something doesn't blow a hole in the hull::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Then Mr. Miller will just have to show us how good of a pilot he is.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Walks into the turbolift.:: TL: Armoury.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sips of his coffee::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

* CEO*: Done, but I have to warn you - he cheats.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Fires a warning shot across the bow of a small stationary craft to the starboard of the good ship Hyperion::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: I have faith in him, sir. ::mutters:: I have to, I married him after all.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Danann>

::smirks, wipes blood off her forehead with a sleeve and gets back to work::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Taps his commbadge as the turbolift descends.:: MACOs: Corporals Stein, Manheim and Brix, meet me in armoury five minutes ago.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: Warning shot fired

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: Let's see if we have their attention.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::watches the sensors for warning signs of another plume erupting::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::checks the bridge console, to find out position, etc..::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::tries his best to clear his mind, but thoughts of Eva keep surfacing::

 

ACTION: The small ship remains stationery, and fires back with a tiny phaser array.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grins:: All: Wrong answer.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Tractor beam, and disable their weapons.

 

ACTION: Small ship fires again. Pew Pew pew!

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::checks the ship configuration:: CO: And we caught us a Breen ship, sir.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Runs from the turbolift to the armoury. Collecting his rifle, two phases, a bandolier for an assortment of knives, and a tik'leth which he sheathes on his back.::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Initiates the tractor beam, and gives one precise shot to disable weapons:: CO: No damage to shields

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Tell them to stand by to be boarded or be destroyed, their choice.

 

ACTION: Tactical sensors light up

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods:: COM: Breen: This is the USS Hyperion. Lower your shields and prepare to be boarded.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: Where are the team..... why does no one ever rush when I give orders.....

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Seeing multiple contacts on sensors:: Self: Shit

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CTO: Problem?

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: Looks like my anticipation of a trap was accurate

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

@ <Breen_Commander>

*CO*: KZZTZHCTTEEEEE kZZZHETAATEHCH ZT!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Disengage tractor beam and disable that ship.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Now you can tell the Vonnegut to arrive and flank them. ::sips of his cup::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

*MACOs*: Where the hell are you, we've go places to go and shit to do....

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: I'm a bit rusty on Breen but that didn't sound very friendly. ::sends the Vonnegut their orders::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Disengages, and prepares to be aggressive towards the multiple vessels incoming::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: Which one in particular Captain?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Tell Douglas to join the MACOs to repel possible boarders.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CTO: How many incoming?

 

ACTION: The multiple contacts bear down on the Hyperion, their small size making them more capable of avoiding the tendrils in the bad lands.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Our pray first.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Then fire at will. Destroy them.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: All fifty of them sir, not even I am that skilled!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Way to inspire confidence, Commander. We have a fleet.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

ACION: The closest Breen craft fire at the Hyperion and its flank.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: The Vonnegut and rest of the fleet acknowledges, sir. Incoming.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

*Bridge*: My spider senses are tingling VIOLENTLY.... what's going on up there?

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: I think the sarcasm is lost on you right now ::Initiates a tactical plan as pre-organised with the fleet::

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Returns fire to the attacking Breen::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::initiates the maneuvers to bring the ship about and give Feyna the best firing solutions::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Tell the fleet to launch all Mustangs.

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

*TAC*: Nothing to worry about, Ensign. We're just springing a trap.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

*Fleet-wide*: Launch the Mustangs.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

OPS: Nothing we haven't done before, spring a trap, right?

 

ACTION: The bReen ships skitter this way and that, doing their damnedest to avoid Federation fire.  Fenya's aim is far better than her conversation skills, though, and several of them are picked off as they strafe past.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

*OPS*: That sounds distinctly like something I should worry about.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

*TAC*: You have your orders, Ensign.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Continues firing excellently, and talking little::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::prepares for incoming casualties... has been prepared.. is never unprepared..::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

CTO: Take your pick. But only the good times.

 

ACTION: The Vonnegut and the rest of the fleet appear out of the opaque gasses of the Badlands, the Breen forces suddely desperately outnumbered.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

OPS: There were good times?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::smiles as the second wing appears on sensors:: OPS: Tell the second wing to clean up.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CTO: Many of them. Risa, Deneb IV, Risa again, Romulus, Risa a third time... ::grins::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::transmits the orders to the second wing:: CO: Second wing acknowledges, sir.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

OPS: I'm sure there were many.  Can't think of any right now.....

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::his eyes flicker back and forth, taking in the battle reports on the viewscreen overlay::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Jo, can you spot their general anywhere?

 

ACTION: The Vonnegut basically ploughs through the remaining little Breen ships, firing at them with phasers.

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

::Her eyes flick over the screen,:: CO: Not immediately, but I'll keep looking

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

*MACOs*: All MACO teams, secure all critical positions, I want 5 minute updates on your status.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::squeezes the aluminium cup as he studies the reports::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: I want their flagship!

 

<CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

CO: And I want to give it to you, wrapped with a bow

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::takes a deep breath::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: I'll check in with engineering....

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::quietly watches the Captain's actions::

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage