U.S.S. Hyperion - 11503.09, Mission #42

"Kobliad Knights"


 

<GD_CJ>

SUMMARY: The USS Elpis, normally on patrol near the Klingon Neutral Zone, has been given a special assignment. They are to assist Dr. Eiman's team deploy a prototype sensor array, one that will greatly expand Starfleet's abilities to explore both known and unknown space.

 

<GD_CJ>

While not everyone aboard sees the value of this test, Dr. Eiman remains a great believer.

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Start: For Tomorrow>>>

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Looks down at the PADD, and marks of the job she has just completed from her list::

 

<WO_Korlan>

::fiddles with a calibration on his tools, looking around at the others working around him::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::Walks arounds engineering looking at various panels::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::fixes her hair in a shiny surface::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::slides down the stairs leading from the upper engineering area::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::walks briskly through Main Engineering:: All: We're twenty minutes from deployment people; how are we looking?

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::enters some relevant data from her PADD into the ship's computer::

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Looks over her PADD, and notices Yolo beautifying herself, and can only just hide her disdain::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::looks up at Eiman, smiles politely:: Dr: Getting there?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::hands Eiman a red data card:: Eiman: The POST's have finished, we're running green on the mains.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::glances up at the Doctor:: Eiman: Within parameters, Doctor.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::gets back to work, having wa

 

<CmN_Yolo>

<wasted a few minutes getting distracted::>

 

<CwM_Heinz>

Eiman: All clear here Doctor, I don't really see why we must do this so close to the Klingon border. Seems like an unnecessary risk, doctor.. sir.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::turns his attention to the calibrations he was working on::

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Leans down with one hand, and pulls up one of her boots, ensuring the regulation knife she has in there is adequately concealed::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Heinz: You afraid of the waffleheads, Heinz? Grow a pair.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::nods at Heinz's words::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::sighs softly:: Heinz: Because, Heinz, if we do this too far inside Federation territory, it's not going to tell us much, is it?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::struts over to the main power readout::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::flicks a few switches on her console and watches the relevant telemetry scroll by, enjoying meanwhile how spinny her chair is. It has a nice swish to it::

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Looks around at how busy everyone is getting the sensor array working; albeit without faith in the project::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::Looks back to panels in embarrassment:: Eiman: Uh yes Doctor

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Heads to her next task on her list, sighing a little as she realises it's next to Yolo::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::leans in to Yolo:: Yolo: Officer Stick on your six.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::checks the ship's chronometer:: All: Alright. Keep at it, everyone; I'm going to do some final checks up on the bridge. Remember: we're building the future of Starfleet, here. ::grins and heads off::

 

<WO_Korlan>

::moves to the next calibration point, giving a small grin at Parker as she heads over to Yolo's station::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::looks up at Oliver, flashes him a thank you nod and strightens her back, putting on her serious expression::

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Shakes his head.:: Self: Humans.... ::Types commands into the console::

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Crouches down and opens a panel near Yolo, and starts adjusting::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::reaches up and flicks a switch, bringing the diagnostic unit online::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Parker: Sir. ::nods once and returns her eyes to her console, resisting the urge to swing her chair in time with her work::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::turns around and hops up onto the console, sitting on it's edge as the diagnostic cycle runs:: All: You know, I think we're here to spy on the barbarians. I heard that Starfleet is prepping for another war.

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::leans over to Oliver:: Oliver: If this does work, this could give us an advantage over the Klingons. ::In hushed tones:: But don't think for one second that this has anything to do with exploration.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::gets up, stretching his back a bit before moving down the line with calibrations:: Yolo: New boots?

 

<Dr_Eiman>

<CmN_Fitzgerald>

::yelps and jumps away as sparks fly from part of the array:: Self: God damn it, son of a... ::firmly sucks on one of his fingers::

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Looks up at the acknowledgement, as she finishes her small job and seals up the panel::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Heinz: We'll be exploring Kronos up close and personal for sure. ::grins at Heinz::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::laughs at Fitz::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Korlan: I wish. Just finally polished the old pair. ::grins:: Korlan: How are you getting on, there?

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Stands, and leans over and murmers into Yolo's ear::  Yolo: You have a hair out of place by the way...::Leaves the area to the other side of ME, with a small smile on her face::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::Smiles back, eyes shifting to the panel below him:: Oliver: I guess so. This just doesn't seem right. War with the Klingons? That's not what I signed up for.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Heinz: Someone has to rid the galaxy of those worm eaters.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

<Fitzgerald>

::glares briefly at Oliver:: Oliver: Yeah, real hilarious...

 

<WO_Korlan>

Yolo: About time. ::arches his back:: I think I need a break, this bending over is making my back ache.

<CmN_Yolo>

::eyes widen:: Self: Which one?!

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::winks at Fitz::

 

ACTION: The lights in Engineering flash red, along with a warning klaxon. 'Alert Condition: Red' shows on various displays.

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::Begins to blush:: Oliver: Worm eaters? I heard that was just a rumor. There's no way.

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Takes a seat at a console, and taps some panels::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliver: There is always a chance they're just as scared of us as we are of them, you know.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::jumps off the console and turns the diagnostic off:: All: Battle stations!

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Sits, alert and prepared to do what is necessary::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::Shouts:: Oliver: Ay sir!

 

<WO_Korlan>

::gets up with a wince, storing his tools and jogging over to his duty station::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Korlan: Lock down the mains!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::jumps at the klaxon, then spins her chair facing out to see what is going on:: Korlan: What now?!

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::is finished with entering the information, checking to see if system is nominal.. mostly ignoring the conversation up till now - Pays attention to Battle stations:

 

ACTION: Main Engineering explodes into action, the Elpis' regular crew well conditioned for this.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Ens: Sir, anything from the Bridge?

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Crosee

 

<Ens_Parker>

<delete last>

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Crosses her legs, her shiny boots catching a gleam of red from the alert::

 

<Ens_Parker>

CPO: No direct orders from them yet.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::through the drama can't help but envy Parker's boots::

 

<WO_Korlan>

Yolo: Red alert. Who knows, maybe the Klingons are onto us and we're all gonna die horribly.

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::wants some decent boots...and a skirt::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Ens: We'll just order pizza then. ::said sarcastically::

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Notices the Klaxon.:: All: Whats is going on? Are the Klingons attempting to prevent our reconnaissance probe?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Korlan: They should know better than to attack us, this ship is state of the art. Class IV phaser cannons!

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Finally gets a message from the bridge:: CPO: Multiple hostiles.  15 minutes.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::reappears in ME, managing to look pale despite all the red lights::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

All: Must be the Klingons, I knew this was a bad idea!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::blinks, and puts her head down, monitoring power flow to the shields::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::grunts:: Yolo: Doll, disengange the sensor array from the mains. We need the power.

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Murmers to herself:: Self: Engines for evasive manouvers.  warp for quick get away.  Shields.  weapons

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::all thoughts of boots or hair do's left to the side for later::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

Yolo/Oliver: Belay that.

 

<CwM_Solir>

Heinz: Of course it was a bad idea.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::turns to see what Eiman has to say::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::turns around:: Eiman: Are you mad? We have hostiles incoming.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

Parker: Ensign Parker; how soon can we have the array online?

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliver: On it! ::ignores the sexism, all things considered, she was looking preety damn good today.::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::takes a step toward Eiman:: Eiman: Doc, I'm all for science, but this is untested technology and I have no idea how it will affect our systems in battle!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::holds for further orders:: Dr: Doctor?

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Looks to her notes:: Eiman: About 10 minutes, unless we get given higher priorities from the bridge

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::gives Oliver an odd look:: Parker: We're going to need to establish an uplink to the nearest starbase; we'll be sending our telemetry there instead of storing aboard the ship. Understood?

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::monitors the sensor array, checking power levels::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Calhoun: Yoeman, confirm with the Bridge...

 

<CwM_Heinz>

Solir: Solir! I'm reading a power surge behind my panel, see if you can shut it off!

 

<WO_Korlan>

::sidles over to Yolo:: Yolo: Isn't the Doc being a bit rabid with his cause?

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliver/Parker: Sirs? Am I disengaging or not? I have a lot of switches to flick and I need time, if you want this done properly!

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Waits for the bridge confirmation, and continues prepping the ship for contact with the bogies::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::looks around at all the chatter, seeming rattled, before closing his eyes:: All: Listen to me!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::quietly, leaning in a little:: Korlan: I don't know him, and I don't like him.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::waits for the Doctor to explain himself::

 

<CwM_Solir>

::walks over to Heinz, examining the panel::

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

Oliver: On it, Sir. ::taps com badge:: *Bridge* Bridge, We need to establish an uplink to hte nearest starbase. Confirm when ready

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Looks over  to Eiman, wondering for a moment what rank he would equate to::

 

<WO_Korlan>

::nods at Yolo, looking at the Doctor for an explanation::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Calhoun: Confirm that he's actually serious! Tell the Bridge that we can not go into battle with untested components!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::eyes wide, waiting, trying not to show her impatience::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::takes a deep breath:: All: The Elpis will not survive this battle. She's outgunned, and because we had to take the warp drive offline to power the array, she won't be able to get away in time.

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::looks up at Solir: Solir: What do you think is causing it?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::feels a chill travel up his spine:: Eiman: Screw that

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Solir: Solir, can you do the calculations for a cold restart?

 

<Dr_Eiman>

All: There's only one thing for it; we have to finish what we started. We will get this array online, we will send out a test signal, and we will report our findings to Starfleet.

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Murmers:: Self: Or at least until we get blown up

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::gapes:: Parker: Sir?! I - I can at least TRY and get power distribution back to normal if I take the array offline now!

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Fiddles with some controls, checking the issue:: Heinz: Dont know... Although from whats going on, I'd surmise it's something to do with our current feckless endeavour.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::blinks:: Self: No-one said it was a one-way mission.

 

ACTION: Bridge confirms uplink.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::turns around and starts powering up the dilithium conversion::

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

All: We have confirmation of the uplink.

 

<CwM_Solir>

Parker: Yes. Give me 47 seconds exactly....

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::nods at Solir::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Calhoun: Fat good it'll do us when we're blown fifty ways to sunday!

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::shakes his head:: Yolo: We don't have the time.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Eiman: I can get the core back online!

 

<WO_Korlan>

::sighs, turns back to his console and continues with his job::

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Twists her chair to one side, and taps her badge:: *CO*: Captain, do you require the warp engines or shall we continue with the sensor array as being insisted by Dr Eiman?

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Eiman: My fingers are fast. ::stares at him::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

Oliver: The Klingons will be on top of us by then!

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::starts flooding the system with excess plasma to get the temperature up, hoping he won't crack the manifold::

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::continues monitoring the uplink signals::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Eiman: You deal with your precious array, I'm getting us power!

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Enters the calculations from memory::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Solir: Solir, input the calculations into the intermix chamber when ready.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::gets nothing from Parker:: Oliver: We're doing this, eh? ::starts to take the array offline, piece by piece, redistibuting the power for Oliver's start-up sequence::

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Doesn't get a response from the bridge::  Oliver/Yolo: We are on our own.  We need to decide

 

<Dr_Eiman>

<CO>

*Parker*: Not gonna do us much good at this point. We'll buy you the time you need; just make sure this wasn't a wasted trip.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::turns to Parker:: Ens: I decide to survive, do you ?

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Looks up at the ceiling::  Oliver: Captain says sensor array.  We do sensor array

 

<CwM_Solir>

Oliver: Ready. ::Inputs the calculations into the intermix chamber. The core making a groaning sound::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Ens: We can do both! One will work in the end.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::hears Parker:: Self: Of course we will go for the greater good and all that.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::turns to Parker:: Ens: there's plenty of battery power for a scan, use that.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::grimaces as the core seems to crack and groan::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Korlan: Wanna gimme a hand? I need data on the dilithium matrix assembly. Don't want it to overload.

 

<Ens_Parker>

Oliver: If you can ensure the work you are doing won't impact the array, or blow us up.  I'll work on the sensor array  ::Increases her list of tasks to do, and starts working::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::sighs and shakes his head:: Oliver: Fine. I'll do it myself. ::moves towards the array, continuing to bring it online::

 

<WO_Korlan>

::goes over to Yolo:: Yolo: Which display do I watch?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::doesn't answer::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::looks over array readout:: Eiman: Readings are nominal, Doctor.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::looks at the numbers steadily climbing.....but too slowly::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::waves to the console one down from her:: Korlan: That one up... there. Just tell me if it spikes past 300.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Self: Come on girl....

 

<Ens_Parker>

::Looks over at Eiman::  Dr: Just don't redo what I'm already working on.  Don't waste time

 

<WO_Korlan>

::turns his attention to the display:: Yolo: I guess that will be bad?

 

<Dr_Eiman>

Heinz: Alright. Initiate primary power.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliver: Hold your breath... Korlan: We won't be around long enough to realise it, but.. yes.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::casts his eyes to the ceiling for a moment:: Yolo: You have such comforting words.

 

<CwM_Solir>

Oliver: Have you got it?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Yolo: Release the pressure buildup in the ventral plasma manifold.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Korlan: I like to think my brutal honesty is a virtue, you ass. ::grins and gets back to work.::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliver: Reouting it through secondary systems, aiy.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Solir: Got it....she's still cold, this is taking too long!

 

<WO_Korlan>

Oliver: Aye. ::leans over and flicks the switch to relieve the pressure:: Yolo: And it's a beautiful ass too. I was just saying.

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::Taps panel:: Eiman: Initiated

 

ACTION: The ship lurches as the battle begins. Power spikes and fluctuations roam throughout Engineering, with the crew left to compensate as best they can.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::holds onto the console, hoping he doesn't end up on the floor and misses the moment they all die horribly::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::grabs the sides of his console::

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::grabs onto her console to avoid being thrown to the floor.  Notices the dilithium intermix numbers continuing to rise..::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

Eiman: Array is coming online, all power within acceptable parameters. Doctor we may just do this!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Korlan: Let's try to keep it in one piece then, eh? ::shakes at her seat bucks::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::kicks a dent into the panel below::

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::continues monitoring the uplink as soon as she can sit upright again::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::stumbles around to the other side:: Heinz: Alright; emit the test signal!

 

<WO_Korlan>

Yolo: Aye, I prefer it that way. ::eyes glued to the display:: We're not at 300 yet.

<CmN_Yolo>

ALL: If we get out of this in one piece, I'm opening that bottle I've been saving.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Solir: Solir! Bring the nacelles online, feed the subspace field in on the ship! We might just warm her up.

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Runs to a console.:: Oliver: I don't like it. We barely have the warp core functioning, and we still have people wasting valuable energy on that sensor array.

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::presses the flashing green panel, It lets out a shriek:: Eiman: Done!

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Solir: Do you have a bloody alternative?!

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::grips the panel to keep from falling to the floor:: Eiman: Doctor! Signal is strong, the array is active!

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::watches the telemetry display, waiting for the data to return::

 

<CwM_Solir>

Oliver: How you humans would say, 'ditch the dead weight'. But I'll try and get the nacelles on, best I can.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::holds his breath::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::gives Solir a thumb's up::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::hears Solir:: Oliver: rerouting power from back-up systems, all non-essential systems.. ::pointedly::... except that array... are going offline. I'm giving you all she's got!

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::gasps lightly as the telemetry begins to display, line after line of data scrolling across the screen:: All: It's working... it's working! We're getting detailed planetary data from... three sectors away! Are you seeing this, Heinz?

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Feeds a subspace field into the warp nacelles::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Yolo: Thanks....oh if we survive this, I need a date with your bunkmate.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::rolls her eyes at Oliver:: Oliver: Is there anyone left on Deck 7 you *haven't* dated?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Yolo: you.

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Looks at Oliver and Yolo:: Oliver/Yolo: Discuss that when we aren't about to die!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::glares at Oliver::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Solir: Sorry mom.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::feeds more plasma::

 

<WO_Korlan>

::sort of registers the Doctor's excitement, still watching the display:: Yolo: That is a good thing, right? Or should I get worried he's gonna try his luck with me?

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::gasps:: Eiman: Ay, I can confirm! The readings are clear! We did it!

 

<CwM_Solir>

Self: Damn Humans!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Korlan: Oh, it's definitely a good thing. I do NOT wanna catch whatever he is carrying. ::fumes::

 

<WO_Korlan>

::chuckles::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::turns to face the warp core, the reaction starting to light her up::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::moves over to another screen to double check something:: Heinz: No... no, no, no... The uplink isn't working!

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::ignores the Doc::

<CwM_Solir>

Oliver: Just a little bit more.....

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Self: Come on........

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::Hits the panel in front of him, It flickers:: Eiman: Doctor, I thought we had it! Just for a moment there.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Korlan: How are we doing there?

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Yolo: 'Lo, if we have any spare power left....dump it into the SIF....if this works, it's gonna be a rocky ride.

 

<WO_Korlan>

Yolo: Not at 300, so we're alive for now.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliver: Maybe you should get in and pedal.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::runs a hand through his hair:: Heinz: Uh... uhhh... Let's, let's put all the telemetry together in a data packet... send it on general frequencies.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Yolo: You could go out and push.

 

<CwM_Solir>

Yolo: That isn't the worst idea.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Self: I knew I should have stayed a Chef...

 

ACTION: The ship rocks violently as the shields give way. Various alarms sound throughout Main Engineering. The Warp Core stutters briefly.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliover: After you... ::turns back to her console:: Self: ...ass.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

<Oliver>

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::falls onto the protective railing::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

Eiman: Ay Doctor. ::Inputs a sequence into the panel:: Eiman: Data compiled, and sent.

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Self: Oof!

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::hears the shield alarm go off to her right::  

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::crashes into the railing, his momentum carrying him over; he gives only a brief shout before he hits the deck below::

 

<WO_Korlan>

::bashes his head against the console, getting a spectacular cut over the eyebrow and bleeding a lot::

 

<CwM_Solir>

::Is knocked back a bit:: Olver: Give the core everything we've got!

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::looks after the Doc::

 

<Dr_Eiman>

::lies motionless, lifeless::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::runs toward the main controls and ignores the safeties and pumps it full::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

::reroutes what little power the shields has been using to the warp start up sequence::

 

<CPO_Oliver>

Solir: Solir, manage the pressure!

 

ACTION: With the mission complete, the Elpis attempts to turn about and make an escape.

 

<CwM_Solir>

Oliver: On it. ::Keeps a hawk eye on the pressure::

 

<CwM_Heinz>

::runs to the doctor's side:: Solir: Call sickbay! We have a medical emergency! Eiman: Doctor!

 

<WO_Korlan>

::wipes at the blood running into his eye:: Yolo: Still alive - not at 300.

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Oliver: Slam it, damn it!

 

<CPO_Oliver>

::brings the core online, closing his eyes::

 

<CwM_Solir>

All: Dump excess plasma as we jump, we might ignite it... keep the savages off us.

 

<WO_Korlan>

::gets a sneaky suspicion:: Yolo: What was I monitoring?

 

<Ymn_Calhoun>

::was monitoring the uplink.. still active?::

 

<CmN_Yolo>

Korlan: air pressure... I just didn't want you underfoot.

 

ACTION: The Core lights up, and the warp engines engage; what's left of the Elpis begins to jump to warp, when a barrage of fire from a Klingon attack cruiser slams into its spine. Debris is scattered across the sector, the remains of the ship and crew strewn about the stars.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

EPILOGUE: It doesn't take long for a Federation task force to gather and chase down the small Klingon fleet that destroyed the Elpis. Revenge is swift and merciless. The war with the Klingons will rage for several more years before the historic Khitomer Accords are signed after the destruction of Praxis.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

Meanwhile, the data gathered by the Elpis' experimental sensor array proves instrumental to the future of sensor design. When Starfleet's main purpose turns away from war, its exploratory arm finds itself more than ready to take over.

 

<Dr_Eiman>

Thanks to the Elpis' sacrifice, future generations will be able to chart unknown star systems. They will seek out new life, and new civilizations. They will boldly go where no one has gone before.

<<<End>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage