U.S.S. Atlantis - 11503.18, Mission #1037

"The Opening Shots"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: returns to the bridge, having quite enjoyed the Icenan hospitality ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

:: nudges Lt Tav as they walk down the corridor to sickbay:: CMO: that was interesting eh sir?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: working at an auxiliary station, working on a theory and musing about the strange Icenans ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Feels quite happy about the interaction with the Icenans. Glad to be learning a new language and amazed at the diversity of the foliage::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: makes it back to the helm and takes her usual seat ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: turns into Sickbay :: MED: It was. Breaking... bread... with members of newly discovered species of people never gets old.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Sits at his desk, cup of iced coffee in one hand and a PADD in the other.  He made an appearance at the feast, of course.  Wouldn't want to be rude.  But he doesn't want to rest on his laurels, and he's still not happy about how easily the slipstream drive was knocked  offline at the start of all this.  So he's reviewing plans to reinforce a few key relays, build in additional surge protection. ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sitting at her station, feeling as though she may have slightly overeaten, handling departure communications with Icena ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

CMO: It was my first, First contact. Quite amazing how different worlds live

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Sir, incoming communication from Star Fleet Command.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: turns to look at Slade out the corner of his eye, then turns to him, a gleam in his eye :: MED: Your first, first contact? Heh, heh, heh... You got an easy one! :: slaps Slade's shoulder ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

:: walks over to the consol to check all patient statuses, after laughing at the CMO's jape::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Enters Sickbay, with a trailer containing a number of pretty flower species dragging behind him::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: I'll take it in the ready room.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Aye, Sir.  :: transfers the call ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: exits to the RR and sits at his desk, turning on the monitor ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: has mapped out a rough temporal line on a display and is configuring it to include the recent DTI reports for a more complete timeline(s) ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sees Admiral Zuriyev's bald pate, the vodka reserve quite low ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO & MED: I have come bearing gifts!

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

::looks at ilahir entering sickbay with a trailer in tow:: ENG: Hello Ensign how are you? And why all the plants?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: checks orbital parameters, engine stats, all that jazz, and quietly burps a little, the Icenans having something like bacon ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: turns to Ilaihr's entry and peers at what he has in tow, Slade beating him to saying something ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: I mentioned a scientific venture with Doctor Tav. Thought I'd bring some new botanical samples. Also I really like plants.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: has a conversation with Zuriyev involving many frowns and four letter words ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

MED: I recall you mentioning :: looking through the wide assortment of alien plant life in awe that no human had ever touched them before::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

ENG: I recall you mentioning ^

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: cuts the comm :: Self: Shit.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: They may have medicinal value, they may also be highly toxic. I would like to plant samples in hydroponics, but I need to know more about them first.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: hates this part of the job - takes a deep breath and walks out onto the bridge ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

CMO: Dr. Tav I think that Ensign Ilahir has a task for us sir

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Finishes up his iced coffee before rising from his desk and walking back out onto the engineering upper level.  Like Percy before him, he makes a drink allowance for performance necessary caffeine in the engine room, but this isn't an emergency double shift scenario, and  besides, it's an easy way of being the well-behaved chief. ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: I prefer the term joint venture. There is science to be had.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

ENG: hahahah :: laughs at the change of term towards Tav::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks directly at T'Kirr, but speaks loud enough fo the bridge to overhear :: XO: Our exploration mission must halt for now. We have word of a Tzenkethi fleet moving against Starbase 621.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: scans through the plants in Ilaihr's case, looks at the Ensigns in turn :: MED/ENG: Well, what are we waiting for? :: turns his head to Ilaihr :: And botany being an express interest of yours, do you have anything you need to be taking care of?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks up ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: freezes for a moment, but resumes work, her gaze flicking up to the Admiral ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: Technically I haven't been cleared for actual duty yet but... ::Feels strange, looks at the doctors with concern:: CMO & MED: Something is wrong...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Given our ability to respond quickly with the slipstream drive, we're heading there to hold the line with the other such ships until the fleet can arrive.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

ENG: What's the matter Ensign? :: peering in the same direction as ilahir waiting for what is to come::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: narrows his eyes at Ilaihr's comment ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: I dont know... the tone has changed....

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Plot a quantum slipstream flight solution for Starbase 621.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir. :: engages the computer ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Yellow alert.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Put me on shipwide.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

::walks over to the consol and checks trajectory:: CMO/ENG: we have changed course

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: pauses in her work to listen to the announcement ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: taps a few keys, then turns and nods at the Admiral. ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Looks up at the alarm light::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Is on the elevator, halfway down to the first level when he notes the newly changed lighting with a sigh.::   Of course.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

:: Stands at the MED consol and waits for the message::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SHIPWIDE: This is Admiral Blackthorne. We have received word of a Tzenkethi fleet moving against Starbase 621 and are engaging the slipstream drive to intercept. Despite our mission of exploration, we must return home to defend ourselves. Their motives are unclear, but the intentions are not - as of this moment, we are at war.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Rests his hand on a nearby biobed:: Self: I hoped I would be dead before I heard those words...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SHIPWIDE: Prepare yourselves for slipstream flight - and combat. Blackthorne out.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: took the ship promptly to Yellow Alert ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Assume tactical and configure shield geometry for slipstream flight. All reserve power to the deflector.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

Self: The Tzenkethi?  Okay, why  not?

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

Nightingale: Nurse I want every Biobed equipped with a trauma kit

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

NAV: Slipstream solution for Starbase 621 calculated.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

CMO: What else should I do sir? I have only done war simulations this will be my first combat mission

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO & MED: I need to be in engineering... do I have your authorisation?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Give the Icenans our thanks for their hospitality. At least we made a first contact before this happened.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

::Hands the PADD off to Gant as he moves to a console to monitor the power distrubution and field integrity.  :: File it.  We'll get to it eventually, mark my words.   At least if something breaks this time, help will apparently be close at hand.  

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: her hands twitches slightly as she remembers the last war she had a part in. That certainly was not an agreeable experience and she hopes like hell that this will end peacefully ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Warp four and stand by for slipstream.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: begins configuring the shields as ordered and shifts reserve power from Tactical ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir, warp four.  :: engages warp drive ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

CMO: I told the Ensign that medical clearance had to come from you sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Quinn* Blackthorne to Quinn.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

ENG: Of course. Go.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Nods before quickly leaving sickbay::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: transmits gratitude to the Icenans before we get underway ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: Trauma kits are a good start. Prep the Triage Center, and prepare all surgical bays.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

ENG: Good luck sir :: he yells after ilahir as he walks out of sickbay:

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*Blackthorne* Quinn here, sir.  Slipstream is ready and waiting.  In fact, I'm eager for another shot at Discovery's record.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CENG* I take it that's a Go for slipstream, then. Discovery will be joining us, in fact.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

CMO: Aye sir :: grabs the nearest nurse and heads to the surgical bay::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Catches what Slade shouted to him:: Self: We're going to need it my boy....

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*Blackthorne*  Good.  Hard not to feel better when there's a Galaxy with you, sir.  But we're ready down here.  For all of it.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* They should feel better to have a Sovereign with them. We'll both need the help. Blackthorne out.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Jumps into a turbolift:: TL: Engineering computer. Quickly my dear.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Nods to himself. :: There's that, too.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Is the deflector Go?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: checks status of sensors and the nonvital systems ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Shield geometry a Go?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Go.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: flipping through diagnostic results ::  CO: The deflector is Go, all additional power is diverted.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Navigation?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

NAV: Helm is Go.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Turbolift gets down to engineering seemingly quite fast, Ilaihr exits it into engineering and quickly takes up a post::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Engage slipstream drive.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: hits the big red button :: One minute to slipstream formation.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

All: 30 seconds.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: makes the rounds around Sickbay, checking that all the biobeds are properly prepared with all the necessary medical equipment for what is to come. Afterward, he steps into his office to make sure all work that could be either classified or personal. He returns to the main floor where nurses, orderlies and the other doctors who are not busy with something else scurry around, and oversees their work. ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Looks up as a movement catches the corner of his vision,and frowns softly. ::   ENG:  Ensign Ilaihr.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: watching continuous diagnostic information carefully ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: monitors her beloved engines as they build in power ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Looks up from the console:: CEO: Lieutenant Quinn.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

All: Slipstream forming....

 

ACTION>

The tunnel coalesces on the main viewer and Atlantis is drawn in to slipstream flight.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches Tactical carefully as they enter flight ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Quantum Slipstream drive performance is nominal.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Pauses a moment further. ::  ENG:  When we  emerge, I want you on shields.  Take power as needed, shunt surges as you find them.  I don't want to hear about a single blown console.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Have the Sharks standing by for our arrival. We will likely need our fighters.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir. :: sends out the word to all her pilots ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

::Returns to Tav in the middle of Sickbay:: CMO: Surgical Bays are prepped and ready should we prepare a casualty area in one of the loading docks sir?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Will do. But when the Tzenkethi come, blown consoles will be the least of our problems.

 

ACTION>

Atlantis hurtles through the slipstream toward home space like a bat out of hell, tension aboard now high, quite the contrast to the easy-going time on Icena.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: Absolutely. And make sure Triage is ready to go.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: Not for you.  Just focus on your job, trust to the rest, and we'll be fine.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: How strong is Atlantis' external hull and ablative armour?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sits down, finally ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

CMO: Triage is being set up by Dr. Perron, I will contact OPS for an open loading dock and take two nurses with me to set it up

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: contemplates a specific bottle of scotch ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: becomes momentarily wistful at the thought of it ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: Very good.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: It's taken a full on disruptor strike with shields down, and suffered mostly cosmetic damage.  She's been through more than a couple of these big fleet engagements now.  And that's just during my tenure.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

*OPS* Sickbay to OPS

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: The Tzenkethi will attempt to board us by far less conventional means.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Sickbay*  Go ahead Sickbay... is this Slade?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: all systems are at top efficiency. Now to play the waiting game ::

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

*CSO* Yes Lietuenant, I need an available loading dock for Casualty area set up

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: waits to become very busy at Tactical, as ready as she can be ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Slipstream termination in two minutes.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Red alert.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: Let me guess.   Had a run in or two on Betty?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes Atlantis to Red Alert ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: No. Not even I entertained the Tzenkethi.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Slade*  Congratulations on your promotion again, Ensign.  Loading dock 3 is available.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: One minute.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Having dealt with the Breen, the Tholians, the Romulans.... thats should give you an idea of who these people are.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

*CSO* Thank you, and not a moment too soon right? Loading Dock 3 understood Slade out

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: posts herself outside Engineering with a security team, awaiting possible boarding ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: posted outside sickbay for the same reason ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: Well, the Federation's had  contact, so it's not like we're fighting the Iconians or something.  Either way, if you have any insights, now's the time. Otherwise, just watch those shields.   That's the most surefire way to stop a boarding action I know og.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Checks shield status.:: CEO: I would recommend arming yourself.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

(*of)

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

All: Slipstream termination in five seconds.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: finds as much tactical and logistical data she can get a hold of on the Tzenkethi, using some rather questionable sources to get a complete picture of the enemy ::

 

ACTION>

Atlantis pops out some distance away from the Starbase, across the star system actually, but long range sensors are basically solid red with enemy ships.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

:: loads a hover stretcher with supplies and gets two nurses and heads to Dock 3:: CMO: I will be in loading dock 3 if you need me sir

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Drift... 156 AU, but in this case, we may be fortunate.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Sir, long range sensors show... a lot of enemy ships.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: gets slightly nervous ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

::Nods, and turns to Puddington. :: Break out the weapons locker. Start passing out hand  phasers.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Warp six to the starbase.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Warp six, aye.

 

ACTION>

There are already some Federation ships present skirmishing with the Tzenkethi vanguard, Discovery included.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: unconsciously starts to tap on the console. Not loudly, but just enough to cause a small "tap-tap-tap-tap" staccato sound ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: In the  meantime, now that slipstream is nolonger  engaged, he takes back some of that power.  A force field flares to life  around the warpcore, and transport inhibitors come online through engineering. ""

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: You got it. :: turns to direct the finalization of the preparation of Sickbay ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Get me a sitrep from the other ships present and see who's here.

 

<MED_Ens_Slade>

:: Reaches loading dock 3 and sets up a multiple casualty medical staging facility::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Takes a phaser from Puddington, before holstering it:: Self: I hoped I wouldn't have to use one of these...  

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Aye Sir.  :: turns to her communications console and starts reaching out to the other ships ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: taps on his chair arm and sends out the Top Secret Third Fleet Batsignal ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: begins analyzing sensor data on the enemy vessels, determining strengths and weaknesses ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Get down to the assault bay and have your birds ready to fly.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slides out of the helm :: Aye sir. :: suppresses a gulp at the overwhelming odds and taps her commbadge as she enters the TL :: *Sharks* All pilots to the assault bay!

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Oh.  Transport  inhibitors around the bridge and sickbay too.  A response to the however classified Klingon incident. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Good hunting, Commander. :: takes the helm ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: takes stock of the helm and gets ready to do some fancy flying ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Discovery and a few other ships outside the Third Fleet ate here... I count 8 total.  No other flagships present. Sitrep is manageable for now, but things are starting to get out of hand.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: notes Blackthorne sliding into Helm and thinks to herself he'd rather be in a Mustang, but she has to admit he's better off here ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Inform them that I am in command now and to maintain defensive formation around the Starbase.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

Chaka>

 :: Grinning like a jackass as he grabs his helmet out of the locker. :: Sharks: Did you see that sensor telemetry?   Just pick any direction and shoot!  We can't miss!

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Aye, Sir.  *All Vessels*  Attention all vessels.  Admiral Blackthorne of the USS Atlantis is taking command.  Maintain defensive formation around the Starbase.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: arrives in the locker room and fishes out her flight suit :: Chaka: Just stay alive.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: Where are the Breen when you actually want them...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

All: Dropping warp and joining the fight. XO: Light cruiser ahead is the first target.

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: locks her board and moves over to the TL, unsure about what exactly she is about to do :: TL: Assault bay.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

Chaka>

Harper: You got it, Firefly.  Just saying...bet I bag more than you do.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Targeting.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Despite himself, just shakes his head and chuckles.::  This your first large scale battle, Ilaihr?  As an active participant, I mean.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: pulls on her flight suit and grabs her helmet with a smirk :: You have a bet.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: drops warp :: Fire!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: fires at the cruiser, annoucing Altantis to the battle ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

Chaka>

::Clambers up the ladder and pats the side of his Mustang as he hops into the cockpit.:: C'mon, Zabathu.  There's latinum waiting out there.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Yes. I've been in many wars... even more warzones... I used to have Breen bodyguards call the Twins for things like this.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: the TL arrives at its destination and she moves into the locker room :: NAV: I request your permission to join the fighter squadron, Commander.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG:  Well, try to relax.  You've never seen Atlantis cut loose before.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: starts to rush to the Boudica, but runs into T'Lira :: SCI: You are qualified, as you have demonstrated. Welcome to the Sharks, rook. I just happen to have one spare bird. :: points it out ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: nods :: NAV: Thank you, sir. :: reaches for a flight suit ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage