U.S.S. Atlantis - 11501.28, Mission #1033

"Outta Time"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The Atlantis orbits high above a stricken planet, antiproton flushbacks eminating from an underground surface beneath the ruined crust. The one message that managed to come through was garbled, the image disturbing with the way it sped up and slowed down, the words - if that's what they were - sounding like something alien and full of distress. Whatever has been going on, the problem

 

<GM_James>

must lie there.

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Unconscious on the operating table.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns back to the bridge from the viewer ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: These emissions must be stopped, and quickly.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: continues to scan the planet's surface and the energy readings for any clues ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up to Blackthorne from her seat on the Bridge ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: What are the conditions inside the facility? Can our sensors pentrate into it?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

::placing the hypo spray to the ensigns neck I took a deep breath of relief:: ENG: wake up ensign the operation was a complete success but you are going to have to stay in sick bay for a while you have been through a significant trauma

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: consulting her chair terminal :: CO: Negative, there appears to be interference around the facility. :: squints as she studies the screen and taps a couple of times :: CO: And the interference appears to be expanding.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: sensors are only showing a downgrade in the current state of affairs, so she intensifies the scan to get a clearer idea of what is happening. ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: It's expanding spherically, currently at the rate of approximately one meter per minute.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Ilaihr flails one of his arms up and places it on Slade's head, whilst mumbling to himself::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: ensign that's my head! :: he says in a muffled tone because a hand is on his face ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: furrows brow :: XO: We sure as hell can't send anyone down there with the conditions as they are.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*CO* T'Lira to Blackthorne.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: watches as Slade brings Ilaihr out of the effects of the anesthesia. It's apparent that Ilaihr is still out of it, but at least he's alive and repaired :: MED: Nice job, Doctor Slade. Surgery seems to come naturally to you. Hope we don't need to use that skill too much around here.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*SCI* Blackthorne here.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: It would be unadvisable. Perhaps we could use a probe.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*CO* Sir, I have new readings from the planet. There appears to be a network of plasma relays and conduits beneath the planet's surface. It appears to be a power distribution grid.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Indeed, good idea. NAV: Launch a class four probe.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

NAV: Aye sir. :: presses button :: Probe away.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: I sincerely hope not either sir, but thank you and thank you for your help! :: still attending to his patient but showing appreciation to his superior for believing in his abilities::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*SCI* Would it logically follow that the origin is - or was - the power plant?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Whispering/murmuring:: Self: My mind...your mind...my thoughts....your....thoughts.....

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*CO* That would be a logical assumption, but sensors are unclear at this moment. I will attempt to refine the scans to provide an answer.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*SCI* We've just launched a probe to attempt to enhance sensor fidelity. Tie into it.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*SCI* Come to the bridge and use the science station here; we need you on hand.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*CO* Aye sir. I am on my way now. :: stands and walks out of the science lab and to the nearest turbolift. :: TL: Bridge.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: scrubs out and leaves the surgical bay to check up on the other patients of Sickbay. :: Nolan: Doctor Nolan, how are our patients doing? :: absentmindedly picks up a PADD and begins reading about the patients ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Bridge: The probe has soft-landed.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

MAGIC EDIT: :: nods to Slade, scrubs out...

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: jerks away violently from the ensigns hand:: ENG: whoa you were in my head, or atleast you were trying to be! Wake up ensign :: shakes the ensign's shoulder

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: consults her panel to check on the probe's status ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Sits up violently, in a bit of a daze, looking around the room until he meets Slade's gaze.:: MED: You should really eat that chocolate you're craving.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

 XO: Anything interesting coming back?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: thank you for the advice ensign, you should stay away from hallucinangens even on shore leave! Now lay back and rest you are going to be here for a whiles there anything I can get you?:: rubs his head after the flash in his mind::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: You could obtain my clothes for me, and possibly a stimulant, because I do need to get back to work.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: I will return your uniform but I cannot allow you to return to duty so soon after surgery! You will have to discus that with Lt Tav

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Smiles:: MED: Thank you, and very well. CMO: Doctor!!! Doctor Tav!!!!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: enters the bridge and heads to the science station to review the probe telemetry. ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: works to sort the readings in a way that make sense :: CO: Data now coming in to Science. Whatever started this is still happening, and it's getting worse down there.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: One crotchety old bloke requires you assistance.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: analyzes some atmospheric data from the probe's flight down, since there's nothing to really fly when you're orbiting a planet ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Groans:: Self: A caffiene suppliment would be marvelous aswell....

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: Sir, the probe telemetry is... disturbing. The oceanic activity is increasing in destructive power and tectonic activity is increasing on a massive scale.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stares :: SCI: What kind of power generation could go wrong in such a catastrophic way?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Nolan>

CMO: Very well, Doctor. The two bones breaks are being mended as we speak. The concussion has been medicated for swelling and is resting in recovery. The two burn victims have been treated and are resting as well. I'm off to take care of the sprain.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: I am unsure, sir. I do not wish to theorize at this time.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: We have to stop this, and fast.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

Nolan: Excellent. Thank you, Doctor. :: turns on his heel back to the surgical bay :: ENG: Yes, Ensign?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Senses disturbance in the force:: CMO: I really must be getting back to work doctor. I'm sure there is a hell of a situation going on right now.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: I agree. The problem could be that the catastrophe could be caused by what the power system is intended to power.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: I tried to tell the ensign that returning to duty so soon after surgery is a bad idea

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: Doctor Tav, I am perfectly fit for duty.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: Any conjectures as to what that could be?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: Just need a little pick-me-up.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: In respect to the data already gathered, sir, it could be a massive antiproton generator.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: arrives over Ilaihr's bed and checks his PADD to make sure he's unable to stand up. Knowing he's safe, Tav nods :: ENG: I am sure you would be a great help on the bridge. However, you've just had major surgery. We had to open you up. You're going to be here for a little while. We need to make sure you will be okay when you leave. And so, I am not letting you leave for a couple days. :: looks up at Slade with what is almost a smirk ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: ponders on T'Lira's words ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: You can place a bio-monitor on me. And I was on my way to the bridge before I came here in any case. I wont be doing any running around I assure you. I can't stay cooped up in sickbay Doctor. That would be a waste of my century of experience.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: How would we stop it in its current state? Anti-electrons?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: At this juncture in time, I believe it would be 'worth a shot', as humans say.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: If you would like I can try to route a portion of your station to this padd so that you can monitor from here, but you really do need to mend ensign :; returns the smirk to the CMO ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: How would we even generate such a large quantity of positrons?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: How many super-centenarians do you know dear boy?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: An extremely large generator, such as one on the scale of the anti-proton generator. I do not believe we have access to one at this moment.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: my fair share from Starfleet medical sir, but that is irrelevant at the moment :: Smiles at the ensign ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

ENG : For that time, you'll be doing the most good right here. That's an order from your Chief Medical Officer, Ensign. From another multi-centenarian.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

MAGIC EDIT: ENG : You're going to stay here. For that time, you'll be doing the most good right here. That's an order from your Chief Medical Officer, Ensign. From another multi-centenarian.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: Is there one on the planet?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: Curse you rat-bastard Trills and you're superior ages.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: nods :: ENG: Curse accepted. Now, rest.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: Yes sir. If an engineering team were to reverse engineer the generator already there, that would cancel out the problem at hand.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: Doctor Tav, I simply cannot.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: Is there another generator on the planet, one that doesn't seem to be destroying itself?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::starts trying to stand up:: CMO & MED: I need to work.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: I do not believe so, sir.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: Re Routs a PADD and hands it to the ensign:: ENG: Here ensign, you can monitor all major engineering activity from here and make minor alteration but you are staying here, :: Places a hand on the ENG shoulder and pushes him back down on the bio bed::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: I could also do with my pipe....

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: its either this or I sedate you again ensign

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: prepares a hypospray :: ENG: I didn't say don't think. But you will rest. If I have to make it happen. :: holds up the hypospray :: ENG: You'll do all the work, in a relaxed way, in your mind, that  you like. Otherwise, I'll have to insist. :: holds up the hypospray again ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO, SCI: Estimated chances of survival at the generator site?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: I would say poor, sir.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Grumbles as he's forced into bed like a child.:: ALL: You can't keep me here forever... You'll have to turn your backs some time, and then I shall disappear like a ancient blue ninja.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: I can't give you a percentage, but it wouldn't be impossible.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

All: What are the current conditions there?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: Laughs at the blue ninja comment:: ENG:: Ensign Lt Tav  has assigned you to me, as my patient. I wont be turning my back just monitoring your progress and holding onto this :: Holds up hypospray::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: Sensors cannot penetrate the interference around the installation, but with a modification, sensors may be able to read the current conditions.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Reads the PADD, eyeing up the doors, watching the doctors' movements.:: MED: My age belays an agile old cracker.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: Doctor Tav. I really would like to make a complaint about being forced to stay here.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: Our probe is of no help there?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG:: And I would hate to stun and old man but if I have to use a phaser instead I will

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: No sir. The installation is generating too much interference.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: What modifications would be necessary?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: A modification to the transporters, perhaps, would be the best route, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: How would that help us understand the conditions there?

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: puts down his PADD :: ENG: One moment. :: turns his back, puts on an ancient pair of reading glasses that he keeps on him... well, he's not really sure why... and turns around in a spin before picking up the PADD again :: ENG: Sickbay Complaint Department, how can I help you?

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: stares at Ilaihr over the half glasses ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Bridge: Agreed. A transporter beam could be modified to cut through the interference.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: nearly bursts with laughter at the CMO's glasses::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Glares at the Doctors over his spectacles:: Self: I do very much miss Mr Throll and Mr Groll.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Leans into Tav like a microphone:: CMO: I would like a chicken double meal, and three sides of fries... and be let the hell of of this god damn room.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: It's like some sick punishment. ::Laughs at his own pun::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: pretends to take notes on the PADD without looking up :: ENG: (along with each idea as it is listed) Mmhmm... Uhhuh... Nothappening.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: Walks over to the side wall and speaks into the replicator then returns to the bio bed::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Begins scooching slowly towards the door::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: hands the desired food to the ensign:: ENG: Here is your chicken double meal and fries now sit there quietly and eat it

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO, SCI: Make it happen, then. Coordinate with engineering as you need to.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: Aye sir. :: begins to draw up a rough plan of how to go about this particular modification ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: looks at Slade's delivery :: ENG: How did that twentieth century earth song go? Two out of three ain't bad? :: pushes Ilaihr's shoulder back to the bed ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: stands immediately and walks to Science to assist T'Lira...after all, she was CSO for years ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Scowls at the doctor:: Sself: This is the last time I ever come to this place.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

*Computer*:: Computer erect a level 5 force field around the surgical bio bed

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Taps his commbadge:: *CEO*: Lieutenant Quinn.....sir.... whats is the ships statuPleaseRescueMeFromThisPlace!

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: puts down the PADD and looks Ilaihr in the eye with a smirk, over the horn-rimmed half glasses :: ENG: Oh. You'll be happy to know that while you were under, we did take care of your annual physical, which was coming up. Well, at least the undamaged parts of you. The stuff we fixed, we'll have to check before you leave, and again in a couple weeks. But before your injuries, it looks like you were as healthy as an antelope.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: tweaks their orbit a bit to stay well clear of the flushbacks, as their ground track was starting to precess toward the site ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: well apart from the smell sir

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: Bloody told you..... *CEO*: Sir, they've turned it into Obsidian Order headquarters down here to prevent my escape.....

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

*Ilaihr* We had 2 near ruptures in the EPS conduits, and 7 actual inoperable taps, all repaired.  And...what?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Looks angrily at the young doctor.:: MED: That is crossing the line....

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks over T'Lira's plans and adds a couple of figures of her own :: SCI: This should be enough for Engineering to work with.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CEO*: They refuse to let me leave, erected a force field and everything. I would very much enjoy helping with reapirs and such sir.....

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

*ENG* And why exactly are you trying to leave without their authorization in the first place?

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: joins the communicator conversation :: *CEO* Lieutenant. Ilaihr came in with some major injuries. We patched him up; in a couple days he'll be as good as new. But he needs rest. We had to give him some pretty major surgery.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

*CEO* I sent you a message regarding Ensign Ilaihr. When you finally get back to your desk or nearest PADD. The details of what we had to do are on there.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CEO*: Because I'm old, crotchety, don't like being cooped up in bed, and they're so sarcastic and playing their doctor games with me...........

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

*CEO* He's still coming out of the anesthesia. He won't even remember this conversation.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: I'll remember.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: I know I will :: Chuckles under his breath::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: can do nothing but sit down and wait for the science to happen ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: smiles down at Ilaihr... still looking over the glasses. Finally, he decides to take them off and put them back in his breast pocket ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Glares at the doctors again.::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: Smiles back::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: enjoy your chicken sandwich sir

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CEO*: I beg you sir, please get me out of here. I'll be quiet on the bridge or something....I cant stay here.....

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

*CMO* Yeah, sorry.  I've been cooped up in jeffires tubes, but I'll give that a look at my first opportunity.  As for Ensign Ilaihr, the conversation I need to have with him isn't meant for your ears.  No offense.  Suffice it to say, add my authority to yours, and take what steps you deem appropriate.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

*CEO THROUGH Ilaihr's COMM* Thank you, Lieutenant.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Puts his hands on his head as he slowly goes insane. Swearing in various languages from around the quadrant.::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

::Clenches his fists as he mutters a few uncharacteristic swears himself, emerging back out into the corridor, his self-propelled tool box bot in tow.::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Glares at Tav: CMO: You win this round Doctor.....

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: I shall havemy vengence!

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: nods :: ENG: Make that every round. I'm the Doctor!

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG & CMO : And I helped :: Smiles increduliously::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

XO: I agree.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

SCI: Good. Contact Engineering and get them started on it.

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage