U.S.S. Atlantis - 11501.21, Mission #1032

"Outta Time"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The USS Atlantis continues en route to Gencodia in Slipstream, having worked any kinks out of the newly conditioned drive to the point where there's barely a hum and the little needle that shows bad things isn't even breaking a sweat. The crew go about their usual business, sitting or standing at their stations, conversing with their colleagues and generally doing what needs to be done

 

<GM_James>

on what could only be described as a routine voyage.

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Begin Mission - "Consequences" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: still on the bridge in the center seat, this not being a terribly long slipstream jaunt, so his ready room isn't calling ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sitting at her station, doing Science and still alive ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: at the helm, monitoring the slipstream integrity, although the computer would also yell if anything slipped off nominal ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: at Tactical, monitoring systems and watching for anything unusual with slipstream ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: scaning through the pad of appointments while walking through the cooridor to sick bay he was completely unaware of anyone else being around::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: watching the slipstream effects from the viewport in the science lab ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Is essentially floating through Engineering like a butterfly, checking systems and consoles and simply admiring the gentle hum of the warp core and QSD::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: sits in his office, reading reports and creating appointments for different crew members annual physicals ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Slipstream performance nominal. She is purring like a cat.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Seated in front of a work station down in main engineering, fixedly doing a second re-check of the slipstream calculations.  He satisfied himself the first time that they were in no danger of dropping back to normal space in the middle of a star or anything so nasty, but even if the gold standard WAS essentially set by blind luck, the bar for accuracy has been set a lot higher than simple safety. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smirks :: NAV: Close enough.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Mutters to himself amidst some rather uncharacteristic grumbling. :: Of course, it'd help if we weren't going right back to friggin Gencodia.  We already did shore leave, after all.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: the sick bay doors open and he is handed a pad for a new patient:: Crew man: How did this happen? :: scanning the young mans arm that he clutches to his chest::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks down at her console ::  Huh.  That's odd.  :: looks again ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Floats upon Quinn:: CEO: Anything the matter sir?

 

<GM_James>

<Crewman_Bickers>

::winces, making a huge deal out of it with lots of gasps and groans:: MED: I got it caught in a...Gel relay junction when someone bumped me...

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Sir, I'm getting a minor blip on long range sensors.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Define "blip."

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up towards Wright, but doesn't lift her head ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Well, it's a low-intensity antiproton flushback.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Naturally occurring antimatter? How?

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: the hydroponic experiment has now reverted back to its natural color, but it unfortunately shriveled by about 30 percent. Not exactly positive results... ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Takes a second to note Ilaihr, but once he DOES look up, the question filters in a moment later. ::  Huh?  Oh, not really.  It's just...well, we're playing with a new toy, and that's awesome.  But when you're using something this revolutionary, you hope to maybe set a few records.  It's half the fun of being in the first wave!  Being the ones that others seek to measure up to.  That's not gonna happen here.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

Bickers: calm down crew man, I will give you a hypo spray for the pain and put you in  retract splint to mend the broken wrist. it will take a couple of hours. You wont be returning to duty today. now have a seat

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  We may have to get closer to gather more data, Sir.  Long range sensors don't give a lot of detail.

 

<GM_James>

<Crewman_Bickers>

::makes quiter whimpering noises, clutching his splinted wrist and nodding to the doctor::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Discovery had the devil's own luck with their system here once.  Popped right into orbit next to us.  We're not getting any closer than that.  Or if we do, it won't be good.

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: applying the hypospray to bickers neck and gently placing the splint an initializing the sequence made him feel as if he ws really starting to care for his crew::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: I'd say that warrants a closer look.  All: Stand by to return to normal space. Test complete.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  It's closing.  25 seconds to impact.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Drop to normal space.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye aye, returning to normal space..... :: begins the shutdown ::. ... .... now.

 

ACTION: The Atlantis drops to normal space, moving out of the Quantum Slipstream shortly before the flushback wave rolls over the ship, a very slight vibration running across the hull.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Sir. I understand the Human need to pioneer; to do things first and set records. But, is the act of doing these new things and today going further than we did yestarday, not the actual piunt?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

<point>

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Status.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

Bickers: ok now let that do its job, and I will get Lt Tav to come look at you, only he can clear you for duty tomorrow

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches the readings at Tactical, attempting to make sense of it ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Looks at Quinn concerned as the QSD shuts down:: CEO: Wonder whats hapening?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  All sections reporting normal.  Since the field was so low-intensity, no issues were anticipated.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

NAV: We have returned to normal space.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: walks to CMO door and knocks awaiting to be acknowledged:

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Anything from your station?

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: notices that the ship has dropped out of slipstream and returns to the admitted failure of an experiment ::

 

<GM_James>

<Crewman_Bickers>

::sits on his biobed, enjoying the relaxing feeling from the analgesic::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: hears the knock, sets his PADD on his desk and looks through the door and seeing Slade there, gives a brief smile :: MED: Yes, Cadet?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  There looks to be a slight imbalance in the Quantum Slipstream field output, Sir.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Damage reports from all primary decks are in, all systems nominal.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Caused by the flushback?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Hard to say for sure, but the timing coincides nicely.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Project a flight path of the phenomenon, both back and forward, on the main viewer.

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Yes, Sir.  :: taps a few times on her console, pulling in all available sensor data to get the most accurate picture possible, and puts it on the main viewer::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Anything interesting ahead of, or behind it?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: Sir, there is a patient a Crewman Bickers who has broken his wrist in engineering. I gave him an analgesic and had him lay on the bio bed while the retract splint mends the break. There is no apparent nerve damage but I do believe that he should be off duty for the rest of the day sir. But only you can make such a call. So if you don't mind sir would you

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

come make a quick evaluation

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Sir, there appears to be another flushback headed our way... this one is a little stronger.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Turn her bow into the flushback. XO: Status of the shields?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Half unconsciously lets his fingers fly over the controls as he does a quick diagnostic. ::  ENG: Antiprotons?  Well, there's our first right there.  Looks like we hadn't fully completed the transition back into normal space when it hit.  Knocked some stuff out of whack.  I'll just need a minute to correct this.  Mind finding out what's going on up there?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: turns the Atlantis :: CO: Aye aye.

ACTION: The viewscreen shows the course of the flushback and it's possible origination point beyond LRS, it's ring-shaped and showing up as a pinky-blue line on the screen.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: taps at her console and glances to a side panel :: Functional, no sign of the flushback affecting it.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Smiles:: CEO: I was about to ask whether I should.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Taps his commbadge:: *Bridge*: This is Engineering to the bridge. Whats going on up there, we were just hit by antiprotons?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: That's a ring. How far does the flushback extend above its plane?

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: nods and stands up :: MED: Sure. Let's head out and give Bickers a final check. :: walks out the door following Slade to the BioBed where he treated Bickers. Instinctively he pulls out a Tricorder and begins scanning Bickers, giving a courteous nod :: Bickers: Crewman Bickers. You had an incident with a gel relay? Never a good idea. How does your arm feel?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  It looks like it's expanding out from a central location, Sir.  The ring is approximately 20 light years in diameter.  Above the plane, I am still checking into that, please stand by.

 

<GM_James>

<Crewman_Bickers>

::looks up at the Doctor with a smile:: CMO: Much, much better. I can barely feel it at all.

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: that's the hypospray sir

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Answer engineering there and find out how the slipstream was affected.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: checking the splints progress realizing it is only 25% complete::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

Bickers: Very good. Doctor Slade treated you well? :: continues scanning Bickers' arm, and then on to his biological functions to make sure he is responding well to the treatment ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks at the visualization and the central point ::

 

<GM_James>

<Crewman_Bickers>

::nods once again:: CMO: Very well, he's quite the medic. ::keeps his arm held out from the treatment, a little lightheaded from the medication::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*ENG*  We were hit by an antiproton flushback, low intensity field.  Can you tell us how it has affected the slipstream drive?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Second flushback in ten seconds.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

Bickers: I appreciate the compliment crewman, and while I did spend some time as a medic I am a Doctor

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: after monitoring the flushback, the sensors show that it extends quite a way out, approximately a lightyear above the Atlantis's current horizontal plane and nearly 20 lightyears back the way the Atlantis had come from. And it was moving rather quickly. She set up the sensors to monitor any other flushbacks ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*XO*: Lieutenant Quinn is working on that right now lieutenant. Do we have any information on where it came from?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: Smiling at the crewmans compliment::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

<*CSO*>

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

Bickers: Very good. Well, then... :: continuing to scan :: I see that the splint is taking some extra time to work... everyone heals differently, even with modern medicine. I'd like you to stay here under Doctor Slade's care for the next few hours, to make sure your arm mends properly, and then you may return to your post in thirty hours. I'll send a message to your department head.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

All: Brace for impact, just in case.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*Shipwide*: All hands, brace for possible impact.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: hears the all call and grabs the neaest bulckhead::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: braces for impact ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: doesn't have a cup of tea to rattle off a table ::

 

ACTION: The crew braces and the second antiproton flushback rolls over the ship, a crackle of energy arcing out from the shields as it passes, rocking the Atlantis to a gentle 'two' on the Enterprise scale.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: grips the armrests of her chair ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: Braces for impact and puts a hand on Bickers' shoulder to steady him ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Grabs a hold of the sides of his chair, and braces his feet against the bulkhead. ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Reaches for something to hold onto, but too slow, getting thrown across engineering:: Self: Wahhhh...........

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: That's getting more intense. Have you figured out its height yet?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SCI* T'Lira, do you have any conclusions regarding the size and shape of the anomaly?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: Lieutenant that is more than a single impact, should I prepare for injuries to be coming in?

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

*CSO* The anomaly is approximately a lightyear above the Atlantis's current horizontal plane and about 20 lightyears behind us. I would say it is rather large. :: checks scanners for more data ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

MED: I certainly would.

 

<GM_James>

<Crewman_Bickers>

::nods lazily as the Doctor speaks, casually lying back down on the biobed:: CMO: Whatever you say, Doctor, i'm just going to rest here a moment.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Leaps out of his seat as soon as he has solid footing, firing up his holo-gauntlet tricorder and loading the medical diagnostic program before runnng a scan of Ilaihr. :: ENG: Stardate, commander of this ship, and did this ever happen on Betty?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  It looks like the anomaly extends about 1 light year above our currrent plane.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

Bickers: That's fine. Relax a bit, and we'll let you know when you're free to return to your quarters.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Picks self and brishes self down:: Self: Well that was fun, and unexpected....

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SCI*  Good work, please keep me apprised of anything else you find

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

*CSO* Aye sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Take us up 1.5 LY and then set a course for the orignation point. Warp eight.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Uhhh.....uhhhh. Oh yes. Stardate 11501.25.........no .20

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: As steadily as possible walks over and prepared three additional bio beds with trauma kits and hypo sprays

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir. :: points Atlantis  "up" above the plane of this thing and hits the warp drive :

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Vice-Admiral Ian Blackthorne

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: taps busily at Tactical, reading incoming data and monitoring for changes in ship systems  ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: And..... I'm unsure right now......but probably.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  There's a third wave incoming.  The central point appears to be the second planet of a system about .... 35 light years away.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Will we clear the plane before it hits?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  My sources say... no.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Would we at warp nine? Additionally, would our warp field provide us any protection?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Holds on to something tightly:: CEO: I have a feeling that's going to happen again any moment.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Nods and mixes a little hypo cocktail for him.  Painkiller, anti-swelling agent, and a mild stimulant. ::  ENG: Wouldn't surprise me.  This'll get you on your feet. Then...sit down and hold on.  Soon as we get the all clear, it's right to sickbay.  I'll send Gant with you to make sure you get there okay.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Nonsense sir. I'll be fine. Only a mild bump. I'm not a cripple.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: watches as Slade, Nolan and the rest of the medical team make sure Sickbay is ready to go for whatever might be coming in. He steps to a viewscreen and looks at the current statistics :: Sickbay Crew: We have four minor casualties coming in, two burns, a broken leg and a concussion. We'll take the burns to beds 1 and 2, broken leg at 3, concussion at bed 5.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Bridge: Fifteen seconds.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: We need to find out whats causing this!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Brace for impact, again.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Yes we would clear it at warp 9.  Warp bubble... maybe, but I can't say for sure.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*Shipwide*: All hands, brace for another impact.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Warp 9.5!

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Braces::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

::Braces::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: guns it ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Applies the hypo. ::  ENG: Or the ranking officer.  Sit.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: braces ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Warp 9.5, aye.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: suddenly wants a cup of tea that can rattle off a little table in front of him ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Sprints back to his console, and tries to pull some instant magic out of his hat to get them through this one any better than the last two. ::

 

ACTION: The third wave rolls over the ship, this time hitting a clear 'four' on the Enterprise scale, causing some consoles to spark and some slight shifting of feet. There's also a little smoke coming from one of the vents on the bridge.

 

ACTION: In an empty room, a cup of tea someone left there rattles its way off onto the floor.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: turns her face away as her console sparks ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks annoyed:: NAV: Get us above these damn things, and then turn to the source.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: also his tea urge is strangely satisfied ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: squawks slightly as sparks spray into her face ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

All: Everyone OK?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Yes.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Sir, perhaps I should make my way to the bridge? It has a nice comfy seat somewhere, I'm sure. And I can relay any information we get via the engineering console on the bridge.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: checks systems and hull integrity ::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: in the science lab, a few PADDs were sent to the floor and so was the experimental plant, but the readings are coming in steadily, mostly showing the same thing they have been. For now. ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: checks sensors to make sure we are well and truly out of the splash zone ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: her console hasn't sparked :: CO: Our additional speed should clear the next wave.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Running simultaneous analysis on those antimatterwaves and a damage assessment. :: ENG: Sounds like a plan.  Once Doctor Tav signs off on it.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Jack>

:: made a deft dive to save a bottle of scotch from hitting the floor in Ten-Forward ::

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Admiral, I'm reading only minor damage to tertiary systems. Everything else is functioning normally.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

::Stands next to bed 5 and looks to Tav:: CMO: Your orders sir?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: I'll make my way to the good doctor then. For, I think the first time.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: shakes her head to clear it and looks at sensors ::  CO:  The flushbacks are increasing in both intensity and frequency, Sir.

 

ACTION: A handful of crewman stumble into Sickbay, some supported by others, most just cradling arms or limping.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Understood. Now to find out why someone or somethign is emitting antimatter waves... and how they're doing it.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Makes his way to sickbay, despite not needing it.::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Frowns as he notes a sluggish response from a number of systems on deck 16. Looks like he gets to be worried about possible brain damage twice over. ::  All: Looks like a blown gel pack on deck 16, section 7 aft!  Gant, you're on it!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: turns Atlantis toward the point above the center of the flushbacks once they clear the height ::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

*CSO* T'Lira to Wright. I have further information about the flushbacks. The antiprotons appear artificial.

 

ACTION: The Atlantis moves sleekly through space, avoiding the next flushback by a fair margin before she can make her way towards the sourse

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: checks his workscreen again where he is standing :: Sickbay Crew: Alright, let's add two more minor casualties... a sprain and a huge bruise that could mean something more. Slade, I want you to work on the patient with the bruise. Doctor Nolan, would you take care of the concussion? Medics, you'll have the two burns and two broken bones.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

* Bridge* Anyone not occupied up there, this is Engineering.  Is hardening against more of that still a priority?  

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SCI* What brought you to that conclusion?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Walks into sickbay. Noticing all the injured crew:: CMO: I see you're busy doctor, I suppose I can wait....

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: Aye sir

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*CEO* We are currently out of range of the flushback fields.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

*CSO* The antiprotons have an artificial signature, sir. Their patterns are erratic and have no real form in their structure.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: While we travel, any ideas as to what could be doing this?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: assisting the patient with with the huge bruise to the bio bed, closes the bio bed and begins scanning::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

ENG: Nope. Sit down right here. :: directs him to the BioBed where Doctor Slade awaits :: Doctor Slade will check you out to make sure that bruise isn't something more

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  It appears that the antiprotons have an artificial source.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: I feel fine doctor.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: come on lets just get you checked out, if I agree your fine then you can go. deal?

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: shakes his head at Ilaihr :: I am sure you do. We just need to make sure you're okay.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Then I'm even more interested to know how to create such a thing.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Slow us to a leisurely warp eight.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slows to warp eight, but not leisurely ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: Sir, He has an internal hemmorage. We need to stop the bleeding

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Warp eight, aye.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: Very well Cadet, I will go along with this.

 

ACTION: The Atlantis slows to a rather leisurly Warp 8, the antiproton flushbacks passing below it.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: stops working with the other patients and joins Slade on the other side of Ilaihr's bed, looking at the screen above Ilaihr's head

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO & MED: See, I told you I was fine.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: Ensign we are going to take good care of you, but you are going to need surgery

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: you are currently bleeding into your abdomen from a splenic rupture and you re developing a tension pneumothorax

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: I'd also be interested in knowing why the antiprotons weren't immediately annihilated upon contact with normal matter.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::His eyes bulge wildly:: MED: Ehem.....What? Impossible. It wasn't even a serious fall.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: not to mention the broken ribs

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  You and me both, Sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Time until we arrive above the center?

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Calls up Wright, since she seems to be his most reliable default contact up there. :: *CSI* Hey, Quinn again.  Good news.  I've confirmed the structural stress never exceeded tolerance.  Most of the actual damage was to the EPS grid.  Overloads brought on by sudden massive stress to shields.  We'll need to switch out a few relays, re-initialize a couple more, but we should have the worst of this under control within the next twent

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: Did Mister Quinn put you up to this to keep me out of trouble?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: they hypospray deadend most of your pain, and it wasn't the fall that hurt you Ensign it was the forceful impact against thee deck.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Ten minutes, present speed.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: your andorian physiology also allows you to work for short periods of time after trauma, its a defense mechanism

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: But Doctor, I have work to do, and this is no time for surgery.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: Doctor Tav will you assist me in the procedure sir?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: Ensign I do believe that Lt. Tav will agree your not going anywhere unless we get you fixed

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Sits up on the bed:: MED: I need to make my way to the Bridge.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Have engineering get a damage report together in the meantime, minor as it should be.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

ENG: We're going to prep you for immediate surgery. You're going to be fine. However, I will not let you return to your post. If you don't have this surgery, your injuries will kill you. Do you notice difficulty breathing?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: places a hand on the ensigns shoulder::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*CEO* Sounds good, keep us posted.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: pushes Ilaihr back to lying down ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: My breathing is fine damnit. I feel like a 60 year old again....

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Sir, I just heard from Engineering - they expect "to have the worst of this under control within the next twenty".

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: turns to the screen :: ENG: Take a deep breath for me.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: Ensign in about a minute or so the hypo spray will wear off and you aare going to feel the full brunt of the pain

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Takes a deep breathe:: CMO: See.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: we will sedate you for the procedure but the initial hypospray has to be clear of your system first so that we do not compromise you breathing

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  The flushbacks are causing a lot of damage to other ships and outposts in the affected area.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

ENG: Uh huh. Take another deep breath and this time hold it.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: Have you every lived in a Vulcan Monestary son? Pain is a daily occurence.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Who's out here?

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: No sir I haven't, but have you ever tried to fuction with only one lung?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  No one Federation-aligned.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: watches the screen as the hypospray chemicals clear from the blood stream::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: I remember a deal that went bad once. I did have a collapsed lung after being shot by a Kressari.....

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: does this feel similar ensign?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Tries to hold his breath as Tav asked, but his lungs slowly begin to deflate::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: I didn't think so.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

ENG: That's a collapsed lung. You have a hole in yours. Some call that nature's way of saying, 'Perhaps you need to slow down a bit.' Take that deep breath.

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Grabs his toolkit. ::  Price, mind the store!  I'm gonna go take a look at that downed sensor pallete in grid 5.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

MED: I took alot of Hallucinagens at the time....

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: prepares a hypospray to sedate the ensign for the procedure::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

ENG: So how're you feeling?

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: motions Slade to hold off a moment ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

ENG: Hold your breath until I say to let it go.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Approaching the origin from above.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: I'm feeling fairly good doctor. As if I could wrestle a Breen.

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: stands by after noticing tav waiving for him to wait::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Hold breath::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Take us out of warp and keep clear of the flushbacks.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: scans Ilaihr with his Tricorder, making notes of where different things are going on inside him for use in the surgical bay :: MED: Alright, go ahead. ENG: Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Aye, dropping from warp.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: diving down on the star system from above ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

ENG: sleep tight ensign you will feel better shortly :: Places they hypo spray to the andorians neack and administers the full dose::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CMO: You do not fill me with glee doctor....

ACTION: The Atlantis heads towards the planet of origin at Impulse, coming upon the hell-streaked visage of what was probably once an idyllic and peaceful class M planet.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: Damn, these doctors.....damn them all......

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: activates the antigrav unit on Ilaihr's bed and pushes it into the surgical bay, with Slade close behind. :: MED: Prep him for surgery. While you're doing that, I am going to check on the other casualties.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: Begins preparing the surgical instruments that will be required for the procedure Hypospanner, lasersuture, dermal regenerator, Cellular separator, and hypospray

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: flipping through sensor data ::  It's a Class-M planet, post-warp civilization.  But...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

All: What could have caused this?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  The whole planet is being hammered by freak storms, tectonic shifts, plasma and ion cascades that span... entire CONTINENTS.  Sir,  it's... literally hell down there.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Signs of surviving life? :: knows the answer, has to ask ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: Aye sir

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: The aftermath of war.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: as he passes through Sickbay, calls a few nurses to assist Slade in the prepwork and later in the surgery. He makes his rounds and checks on the other patients and sees that they are being treated efficiently :: Nolan: We're preparing Ensign Ilaihr for surgery. Would you take over watching the other patients?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  The waves seem to be originating from what looks like a large underground facility on one of the smaller southern continents.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Begins to lose consciousness, sees hallucunations of old friends:: Hallucinations: Dan'el.....Jingo....Adam...Kedra....My boys......

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Crawling through a jeffries tube to the nearest offending relay, accompanied by an omnipresent, high pitched hum as his "tool box" follows him down, courtesy of an onboard antigrav unit.  Thus freed from the need to actually lug the thing along with him, he's able to bring a more extensive assortment of tools with him than usual.  A last gift from his predecessor. ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

Nurse: Remove his uniform and utilize the sonic sterilizer to prep the lest side of his thoracic and abdominal regions

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: All.....grown up......::Lets out a deep exhale::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Nolan>

Tav: Yes, sir.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: sensors haven't actually gotten much more on the antiprotons, but they're still picking up readings of the planet. :: Self: This is... unthinkable...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Get some more data about that facility. We need to stop whatever is causing this.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  I'm reading about ... 1.8 billion life signs, believe it or not, in a few small pockets of civilization.  This size of planet could have easily supported a population of 7-8 billion.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Is there anyone at that faciity to hail?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Sits boly upright for a moment, and shouts:: Sickbay: BASTARDS!!!!! I'll SEE TO YOU!!!!! ::Passes out::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

<sits bolt::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  I'm not getting any life signs, but there's a lot of interference.... there could be another billion there and we wouldn't know.

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

Nurse: give him another 25 units of the anesthisia

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

Nolan: Thank you, Doctor. :: turns around and studies his PADD with readings of Ilaihr's lifesigns and injuries as he enters the surgical bay, just in time to see Ilaihr's final outburst as the anesthetic kicks in fully. :: MED: Huh. Gotta love the effects of anesthetics on people of different anatomy, eh?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: thinks to him self : he reallyhas done a lot of drugs in the past

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

00000000000000000000000000000000+

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

<sorry, cat>

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Hail the labratory.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

^facility

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Removes an access panel, and is unsurprised to find a length of burned out cabling.  Reaching for the nearest control interface, he quickly double checks whether it will compromise any important functions not already on the fritz.  Fortunately, he only finds one, and sends a quick word to security that the fire suppression systems on deck 8 forward are about to go offline and they may want to send a few marines to stand by with ha

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: he seems to have a tolerance sir, we should make very sure that doesn't happen during surgery

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Facility:  This is the Federation Starship Atlantis.  Underground facility, please respond.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Facility*

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Makes random gurgling and grunting sounds::

 

ACTION: A reponse flicks up on the viewscreen, heavily distorted, but for the briefest of moments it looks like everything happens at ten times normal speed. A woman appears, haggard, wounded, blood streaming down her face while behind her bulkheads collapse and console explode. She appears to scream, then the image disappears in a flash of white.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

MED: I fully agree. You just gave him another 25 units, and that doesn't seem to be having any negative effects, but he's still pretty lightly under. Let's do another ten units.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CMO: Aye sir

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: frowns ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches the main viewer ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  :: Turns to the Admiral silently for orders, disturbed by what she has seen ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: Administers the hypospray and stands at the head of the bio bed ready to hand the instruments to tav::

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage