U.S.S. Atlantis - 11501.14, Mission #1031

"Outta Time"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Is casually strolling through and monitoring engineering::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: making his way around Sick bay familiarizing himself with all the different panels and compartments he reveled in the fact that his first mission was underway::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: having returned the previous day, he's in the ready room reading over reports from the Starbase crews on repairs and such ::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: checks a console in the main science lab, monitoring the progress of a new experiment. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: notes that they even put a New Starship Smell air freshener in the system ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: is fully back in command mode, crisp and alert in front of her seat on the Bridge, monitoring the rate of return of their crew and taking note of a few new hands ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: chuckles to himself :: Keep the old girl detailed and she'll stand proud.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: is back at her station on the Bridge, running diagnostics on Operations systems post-repair ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: in her quarters, cheerfully humming as she unpacks ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Claps his hands to get everyone's attention:: Engineering: Right everybody, I'm sure Lietenant Quinn has already been over it with you, and I am certain we must have all read the very brief brief.... We need everyone working on the Slipstream Drive, making sure it works perfectly and as efficiently as Starfleet are telling it should.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: realizing that he was the only doctor in sick bay he taps his com badge :: Com : Sick bay to the bridge:

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: exits the bridge and indicates to T'Kirr as he crosses that she should keep the conn ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: wordlessly, of course, as has become common between them ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: enters the TL :: Engineering.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: notices Blackthorne and does so ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Monitors a console, checking the simulated energy levels of the Quantum Slipstream Drive::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: notes that the experiment is proceeding as expected, so she leaves it to run and takes a walk around the ship. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smiles to himself, loving a good surprise inspection now and then ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Slade:  Bridge here, go ahead.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CSO: Lieutenant I would like to request a ship wide broadcast reminding the crew of post shore leave physicals. Appointments should be made department heads first sir.:

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: exits the TL and arrives in engineering with no great entry theatrics, just looks around and inspects ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes note of the extensive checklist as it's checked off by the harbormaster ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: hangs up the new dresses she bought on leave, then changes into her uniform ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Senses a presence, turning around slowly to notice the Admiral:: CO: Captain Sir, welcome to engineering. ::Holds out hand::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: shakes the offered hand :: ENG: Ensign. I trust all is in order here?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns to T'Kirr ::  XO:  Commander, Sickbay is requesting a shipwide announcement for post-shore leave physicals.  What are your orders?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CO: Everything appears to be running well sir. Half the department are working on QSD the other half are finishing up diagnostics of our newly repaired and replaced systems.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CO: I hope everything is up to your standards. ::Nods::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods as he looks around :: ENG: We'll find out soon enough.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: peers over to Science :: CSO: That didn't sound like the CMO on comm.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CO: How was your shore leave sir? I hope you recieved the bottle of ale I sent down for you.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: pins on her pips, pulls her hair back and ties it into a ponytail, and checks to be sure she's Starfleet proper in the mirror ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

XO:  No, Sir, it's Dr. Slade.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: Refreshing, thank you. As for the ale, I'd advise you get to know folks a little better before offering contraband as gifts.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: at this point, she's given up on the walk and is back to monitoring her experiment, keeping an eye on the hydroponically grown plant she is testing. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: satisfied, she exits her quarters and enters the TL :: Bridge.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CO: Perhaps it was not the wisest choice of gift sir, but they do say the brass have an inquenchable thirst for it. Much like Cuban Cigars of 21st century Earth.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: raises an eyebrow, thinking Tav could be trying something new in order to get certain individuals to make their appointments. Still, as medical staff, it is a legitimate request :: CSO: Very well, but no need to preface with the senior staff. I can remind those...not present.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: So I've heard. Regardless, we will be testing the slipstream drive, along with its refinements, shortly after departure. Be ready.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CO: As you command sir. I shall leave you to your inspection, whilst I go and monitor the simulations.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

XO:  Very well, Commander.  *Sickbay*  Command has approved a modified version.  Stand by for broadcast.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

* Bridge * : understood standing by

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Shipwide*  Reminder to all hands:  Please make appointments with Sickbay for your post-shore leave physicals.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: As you were.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Nods at the Admiral and smiles before moving off to his duties::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: walks up to the QS drive and checks it out ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: waits for her to finish, curiously :: CSO: Do repairs look sufficient, Lieutenant?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: arrives on the bridge, nods to T'Kirr with courtesy, and assumes the helm :: XO: Commander.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods in acknowledgement to Harper ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

XO:  According to all diagnostics, that's affirmative.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: powers up the station and runs through pre-departure checklists ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CSO: Excellent.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Pulls up the current QSD simulations, and compares them to readouts from previous uses::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods, satisfied that everything appears to be ship-shape, turns on his heel and heads for the exit ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CO: I hope everything is up to scratch sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: We'll find out soon enough. :: exits and heads to the TL ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: Hmmm, cryptic. ::Gets back to work::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: speaks quietly to herself :: These readings are much better.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: sorting through medical records preparing for physicals he stops to wonder if Lt. Tav is alright::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: the plant seems to be thriving under the test conditions, but for some reason, the artificial growing mechanism she constructed is causing the plant to turn... greenish-blue. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: arrives on the bridge and makes for the center seat this time :: XO: Status report.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: overhears Harper :: NAV: Better than what?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

XO: Before the repairs, Commander.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods and glances at Blackthorne before consulting the latest update on her console ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

aENG: Ensign is there anyway of decreasing the bumpiness we experienced last time we used the drive? We dont want anything shaking loose or getting damaged.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Harbormaster is standing by for the last few crewmen to board at the hatch. All systems reading clear.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

aENG: I atleast hope Starfleet's refinements included that...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: does the Picard maneuver and sits down, finding that even his chair has been adjusted :: XO: We'll depart as soon as they're aboard.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Aye.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: fiddles with the controls for his chair, adjusting it ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: puts the sensor array through its paces, finding it very satisfying that the whole sensor net is calibrated and functional ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: runs a few quick diags on propulsion ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

Crewman : having motion sickness before we leave space dock is not a promising start! Here this should help :: gives the young crewman a hypospray and sends him back to his station::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: All personell on board and accounted for.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

XO: I shall have to confirm during actual operation, but engine efficiency does appear to be markedly improved compared to our arrival state. I can report all warp speeds and quantum slipstream flight mode available.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*Bridge*: This is Ilaihr to the Bridge.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Have the computer confirm, and also be sure that no one is aboard that should be not be leaving with  us.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*ENG*  Go ahead, Ensign.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: asks the computer to check for extra personnel on board ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CSO*: The numerous diagnostics and simulations of the QSD are coming in ma'am. We should be nearly ready to go. I recommend another once over of the structural intergrity fields, just to be on the safeside. And the entire engineering staff are on standby for anything that may go wrong.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

+Shipwide+ All hands, prepare for departure.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*ENG*  Acknowledged.  I am running a final diagnostic on the structural integrity fields now. :: boop boop make it so ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: figures that announcement will run off anyone loitering on the docking bridge as well :

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CSO*: Understood. Let me know if you need anything Lieutenant.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*ENG*  Aye, thank you, Engineering.  Bridge out.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: We're clear, Admiral.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Excellent. CSO: Lt. Wright, transfer us to internal power

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: tappity tap ::  CO:  Transfer complete.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

*Bridge* sick bay to bridge

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Seal access points.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Attain clearance from the dockmaster as well.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: tappity tap tap ::  CO:  Access points sealed.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: her fingers begin to dance across the console as departure looms ::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: hears the announcement and turns her attention to the viewport, waiting for the stars to start moving ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: runs from sick bay to the TL:: Bridge

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: the TL doors open and a moment of terror strikes him and he regains his bearing:: CO: admiral permission to come on the bridge for underway?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods to the doc ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Have we depature clearance?

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

CO: thank you sir :: takes a place near Lt Wright the CSO::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: exchanges niceties with the Harbormaster ::  CO:  Aye, Sir, we have clearance to depart.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: turns to look at Slade in the TL ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: gives Slade a brief smile as he takes a seat near her ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Clear all moorings.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Starts singing a Gorn lullaby as the ships begins to make a move and the warp core begins to hum.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: cuts the ship loose :: CO: Aye sir.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: his eyes widen in complete majestic awe::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Thrusters only to the spacedoors. :: says that in a way that some people will understand he's holding back ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir. :: gently backs Atlantis out of her parking spot ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: turns the ship toward the doors, which are open, and thrusts that way ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: expertly guides the ship through the doors, revealing the planet below on the main viewer ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: senses the excitement on the Bridge that usually accompanies leaving spacedock, with the help of Ian's psyche ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smiles, always loves this part ::

 

ACTION>

People wave at us out both internal and external windows as we depart, a Sovereign stil being an impressive sight.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: anxiously awaits hearing the admiral give the command to engage, gripping the sides of his seat in excitement::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: waits for a little distance between the ship and starbase, then says :: CO: We are free and clear to navigate, Admiral.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: glancing at the main viewer, excited ::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: finds the view to be rather compelling and moves to stand next to the viewport. It is rather aesthetically pleasing. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Our destination for the slipstream test will be Gencodia. NAV: Set a course, starting at warp four.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Walks up to and looks up at the warp core as it flashes, knowing the moment is about to come:: Engineering: Everyone, we're about to engage, so places people....places.

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: here it comes:: he thinks to him self:

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: lays in the coordinates for Gencodia, and also commands the guidance computer to calculate a slipstream solution :: NAV: Course laid in and ready.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Execute.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: waits for it :

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: grinning uncontrollably ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: engages the warp engines ::

 

ACTION>

Atlantis springs to life and warps off into the black.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Warp engine performance nominal.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: watches the stars streak by ::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: starts breathing heavily at the sight of streaming stars::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Structural integrity field stable.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Commander, assume the tactical station.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: lets out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: still with a smile on his face, launching always being the best part ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: moves to Tactical ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Understood. XO: Yellow alert, configure shield geometry for slipstream flight.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: checks out the new arms complement ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: the guidance computer spits out a slipstream solution ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Opens a channel to the bridge::

 

<MED_Cadet_TylerSlade>

:: stands and returns to TL:: Sickbay

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*Bridge*: We're ready down here Captain, on your orders. The drive is both shiny and anxious.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

+ENG+ I'll take that as your go for slipstream, then.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CO*: I too am shiny and anxious, yes sir.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: bites back a giggle ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Operations.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Aye, Sir.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: maintaining a straight serious face ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Give me a go/no-go.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Go.  :: embarassed and red in the face ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: snickers quietly to herself ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Yellow Alert active, shield geometry ready for slipstream.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: flashes a quick glare over at Kate ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Transfer shield control to the computer.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks innnocent ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Helm.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Helm is go. Guidance computer has a solution and nominal power is available through all flight modes. (22:14:10) VAdmBlackthorne: XO?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: transfers shields, wanting no part in calculating it herself...okay maybe just a little bit ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Tactical.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Go.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Engage the quantum drive launch sequence, target the slipstream to open in one minute.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir, initiating launch sequence, slipstream opens in one minute from..... :: beep boop bop :: now.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

+Shipwide All hands, prepare for slipstream flight in one minute.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: If anything seems off, speak up.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Marvels as the QSD begins to power up::

 

ACTION>

The slipstream drive itself in engineering hums louder and louder as it powers up...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Thirty seconds.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: To be honest, it sounds like an Ion Cannon powering up....

 

ACTION>

A swirling, ethereal tunnel forms ahead of us on the viewscreen and envelops the ship, which is pulled smoothly in.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Stable slipstream velocity achieved. All readings are nominal.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Brilliant. Bridge: Well done, all.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*Bridge*: It seems distinctly less bumpy than last time.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

+ENG+ Indeed, well done.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: grins up at the viewscreen ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage