U.S.S. Sentinel - 11504.06, Mission #36

"Upgrades Complete"


Summary

 

The USS Sentinel responded to the Sigma Rho's distress with a fleet of MACO marines and a handful of ships to fight back the tide. The lines are stretched thin, but the escape pods are away and the MACO are battling in the corridors or Sigma Rho as the crew fight valiantly in the space around her. The Starfleet forces regroup with the Sentinel and the unnamed, unknown vessel commanded by the Sigma Rho's commander leading the charge on the Tzenkethi lines.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sittings in her chair on the bridge:: All: Status report.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: awkwardly taps his melted communications badge over and over to tell the Captain her the QSD will blow if used.  Taev's shouting at it in frustration due to the ringing in his ears.::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Some damage to the forward thrusters but engines are still running, maintaining course captain

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Sensors are operating within normal parameters. I'm tryna find a weakness to their heavily armoured hull or their shields... but thats a work in progress.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Getting reports from all ships, attempting to get into or maintain position.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Sitting at his console knowing that this sovereign class star ship just narrowly squeezed through a tight spot, which is difficult know the size of this massive ship::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: takes a quick breather before looking around Sickbay for her next tar- er, patient. ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Shakes her head:: OPS: We able to solidify a line here? We need to push them back.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Takes a deep breath as he monitors the force numbers. Starfleet vessels being heavily outnumbered by the Tzenkethi.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: stumbles into a wall, looking down.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: notices that someone has decided to take a walk :: Self: You have got to be kidding me. :: looks around :: Where can I lose an Ensign that easily?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Mystery ship damaged but operational.  Shields at three-quarters, warp offline, impulse in and out, weapons hot. ::he pauses while he takes in reports from other ships to sort them all out:: Other ships in the fleet reporting some similar damage. Damaged but doable, captain.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: They're tactics are more throw everything at once and if it doesn't work, throw more. Is there a way to use that to our advantage?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Sensors are indicating the Carriers are launching more fighters. The Cruisers are holding a line whilst the Raiders and Frigates make a push.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: OPS: Make it happen then. When the Tzenkenthi pull back to throw another wave at us, I'd like to have a new line in their way to hold them back. We need to buy as much time for the evacuation to complete.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: And they may well have long range weapon capabilities.....

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Ma'am, there's some comm activity between the carrier groups and raiders. It looks like there may be some boarding parties on the smaller ships

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: glares around Sickbay, looking for the wayward patient :: Self: Well, I certainly am going to work on my finding skills tonight. :: grabs a tricorder to scan for this runner ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: And I do agree ma'am. But they are gonna make it difficult.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Enters the Turbolift.:: Computer: Deck 19!

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: MACOs on the Rho are holding the Promenade, shuttle bays, and pod bays but are encountering heavy resistance.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Thank you, Ensign. Good work. ::Turns back: OPS: Signal for the Constitution class ships to target those boarding parties. We'll need the heavier firepower for the carriers.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Thank you, Captain ::smiles::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::doesn't even have to say a yes ma'am, just jumps to. there's a hell of a lot to coordinate here after all::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: The Defiant and Sabre classes should focus on the Raiders. Whilst Miranda and Excelsior Classes focus on the Frigates

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: Urgh, why are tricorders such pieces of hnaev? :: tries to fine tune the tricorder for Romulan lifesigns and is not having an easy time of it ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: The sheer number of Fighters means our wing of Galaxy classes needa focus their firepower on them.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Looks out the TL door, this is not the Bridge.  Water systems gurgle down the corridor.::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Sheilds at 64% percent.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Looks over a PADD of her own:: SCI: Understood. Coordinate with Tactical and OPS to make it happen.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finally figures out the tricorder but finds it's a little gargled at the moment :: Self: I knew I should have taken those engineering extension courses...

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Nods to the captain. Sends the tactical objectives to Gist and Baudin.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

TAC: Acknowledged. Continue firing.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

Computer:  I'm lost, where am I?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: With the rest of our ships and the Mustang wings, we can defend the pods and the station.

 

ACTION: The Starfleet ships line up, each group forming into their own respective formation as their orders trickle in, the Sentinel at the centre holding them all together. The Tzenkethi ships begin to move forward, the raiders and fighters speeding in to close the distance fast while the frigates move in behind, the larger cruisers behind that forming into a long formation ahead of

 

<GM_James>

the carriers like an artillery line.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::concentrates on listening in on Tzenkethi comms, listening for more possible information on boarding parties.. ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Straightens up in her chair:: OPS: Signal the fleet to engage the enemy again. Hold them back!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*ENG*: I need everything we've got into shields and weapons.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Keeps and eye on the fleet movements.:: CO: i dont like how they're linin' up, but we can do this...

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::mentally plays Ride of the Valkyries, thankfully refrains from playing it through the ship::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: What if we dove down and came up underneath? They would have to correct course and in that time we could concentrate fire?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: makes the stupid tricorder work :: Self: Come out, come out, wherever you are... :: makes not to self that a tricorder is not an efficient way to scan an entire ship ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Taev's Comm badge buzzes hotly, then cracks.::  TL: Engineering.

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi raiders close in with the front line of ships, the heavy Galaxy class cruisers moving slowly like semi=mobile weapons platforms, shimmering orbs of red and blue torpedoes smashing into tzenkethi ships where they can, crackling lances of orange phasers plucking fighters out of the air while the Mustangs draw them off.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: gets fed up after a mere minute and throws the tricorder on a cart, almost sprinting over to a console :: COMP: Computer, internal scan for Romulan lifesigns.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: I bledy wish we had more of those Tricobalt torpedoes.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: If we break the line, they'll get through to Rho. We need to hold it here. If this was open space, I'd be behind that plan in a moment.

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi frigates close with the other shields, golden-coloured disruptor beams meeting blue shields, Starfleet and Tzenkethi trading fire back and forth, the more nimble ships running rings around eachother as they engage in the fight.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

ALL: THE CRUISERS ARE FIRIN'!!!

 

ACTION: Consoles spark and pop as the ship rocks under heavy fire, huge torpedoes crashing into the Starfleet line from the distance Tzenkethi cruisers

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Looks outside the TL doors, this isn't the Bridge either!::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: is decidedly unpleased by the fact she's across another biobed :: Self: I swear by the names of Air and Fire, if this happens one more damn time... :: checks the results of the scan ::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Gets slammed against console.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Is flung into the SCI console.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Rocks and flies out of her chair onto the floor. Forcing herself to stand up, she leans against the OPS's console:: All: Damage report!

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Grips tightly on the helm attempting to maintain the massive ships forward motion::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::grips her chair with both hands, scooting backwards from her console, trying to avoid being thrown to the floor again like last time::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Damage Report Captain, minor hull damage, shields down to 59%

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: his head clears a bit, he walks back to sickbay. ::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO:Sir! ::Wips blood away from mouth:: CO:They're trying to soften us up for the cruisers, if we don't do something the cruisers will tear us to shreds!

 

ACTION: Another explosion rocks the ship, followed by another and another, the consoles at the rear of the bridge explode and send some poor, nameless Ensign tumbling down the steps.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: doesn't bother to get up from the biobed, just clings to it ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Captain, they're tryna smoke us out. We need to break a line open and strike the Cruisers hard with the Steamrunners, whilst pullin' the Galaxys closer to the Station.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Kept holding onto station and didn't get thrown around to much::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Wipes blood from her forehead and sways for a moment, getting her eyes to focus again:: SCI: Can we afford the loss of ships on the line?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

CMO: Doc, I'm feeling better now.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Torpedoes are hitting hard and pinning down the rest of the force. The older ships aren't going to last as well as we are.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: What's the status of the Evac? If we give them enough of a foothold, they'll wipe out all the work we've done so far.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: fixes glare on ENG :: ENG: I'm certain you are. Sit down on that biobed and stay there! Next time, it might be a good idea to not wander around a ship during a battle? :: realizes that she's ranting and cuts it off ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::continues clinging to her chair and trying not to get thrown around, previously bruised shoulder smacked into the console::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: sits on a Biobed, quietly.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: MACO forces still holding but still facing some hard fighting. 80% of the pods have launched.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: We should be open a hole long enough for a hit and run. Maximise damage to them and minimise it to our forces. We needa hit those Crusiser back, before they hit us from afar and leave the smaller vessels and the fighters to swarm our remaining forces.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: OPS/SCI: Alright, make it happen. Send a contingent of ships to hit the crusiers.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: On it Cap'n. ::Messages the Steamrunners to prepare for a full attack on the Cruisers the moment a hole is opened in the main battlezone.::

 

ACTION: The ships move while the Sentinel continues to rock and sputter under the heavy assault, her shields crackling almost constantly while her and her counterpart swat the smaller ships out of the air with piercing lines of phased energy. As the Starfleet cruisers break off their attacks a few get hit from incoming raiders, some smashing into the hulls and tearing them to shreds, others ending up with ships lodged inside pouring out boarding parties.

 

ACTION: There's a slow movement sidways of the battle lines as the Starfleet ships move forward, weapons fire beginning to strike the heavy and vulnerable Tzenkethi cruisers, the barrage of fire upon the Sentinel and her crew slowing as the enemy ships turn to combat the new threat.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: We cant hold this course much longer, we are going to start to break apart from the impact captain!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

All: Emergency power to shields.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

ALL: We needa follow their forces in, hit those Crusiers with a send wave, whilst pulling out our previous assault.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

<a second wave>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Give them a little more time. We'll survive.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Send it. Can we drain their shields with a Tachyon beam?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Looks impressed, as he hadn't thought of that.:: CO: Yer damn right it will, even if I have to break the Laws of Physics....

 

ACTION: Explosions and debris litter the battlefield, the heavier Galaxy and Ambassador classes taking the brunt of it, one spinning through space with a Tzenkethi raider lodged in her hull, still firing phasers at odd angles even while she burns.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Holds on tight to his console pushing the impulse engines much farther than he would ever in any other circumstance::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sends the new orders, then begins to modify the deflector array to fire a Tacyon pulse at enemy ships::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

TAC/NAV: Hold position, keep the suppressing fire up.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Waits until the doc isn't looking, then sprints into the restroom to vomit into the sonic shower.  Curiously, it isn't working.::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Aye sir.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Configures the deflector with the specifications.:: CO: Ready on your order ma'am.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: All Stop Aye

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: is working on a patient who ended up with a stray piece of metal through his leg :: Patient: Just hold still, I'll have this out in a moment.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Slips back to his biobed, humming softly.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Let's give this a shot. Fire the beam.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

ALL: Firing.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Holds on tight, hoping the console doesn't explode::

 

ACTION: The Deflector heats up and a tachyon string launches at one of the cruisers, reaching it despite the extreme range. The yellow-gold crackle of the Tzenkethi's shield meets it, and the Sentinel's shield recharger ticks up just a notch.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::holds on tight almost unconsciously this time... is somehow getting used to being thrown around the bridge...::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Modulates the frequency hoping to hit the sweet spot.::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: primes the impulse engines to engage on captain order to get out this spot if eccesary::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: pulls the metal out of the crewman's leg and is instantly grateful that it didn't go through bone as she grabs the dermal regenerator to patch up the damage ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: Damn... it's jus no' enough....

 

ACTION: As the Tzenkethi cruiser's shield drop, it becomes the first victim to a Federation barrage of fire, cracking under the stream of torpedoes and lances of energy smashing against it's hull, popping it like a balloon full of lizards.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Reaches out to a wall console.  ::  CO: Ma'am, the QSD is off-line, do not engage QSD until repaired.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Makes her way back to her seat and holds her head in her hand for a moment. feeling her head, wincing as she brushes against the wound:: *ENG*: That's fine. I need my shields as much as possible. Give me what you can.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Mouths a silent prayer to himself::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::hears nothing but static where a tzenkethi signal was coming through before.. ::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Fingers hovering over the engine execution buttons waiting to get out::

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage