U.S.S. Sentinel - 11503.30, Mission #35

"Upgrades Complete"


Summary

 

The USS Sentinel has joined the fleet at Mizar, a group of vessels equipped with Quantum Slipstream drives gathering to head off towards the Sigma Rho and give the station under siege some much needed support.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sitting in her chair on the bridge::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Penny for yer thought cap'n?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: is super-chilling the hydrogen tank to slush for increased short-term performance.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::continues monitoring Tzenkethi communications...::

 

<TAC-Cdt_Gist>

::Gist standing at tactical console::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Just thinking over the situation. I've not experienced war from a personal perspective so it's a lot to process.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: ETA to Sigma Rho?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Ma'am, according to this comm information, the Tzenkethi appear to be reinforcing their positions at the wreckage of starbase 621

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I know. I've no' had much experience with it myself. Yoo'll be fine Cap.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: 8 minutes once our fellow fleet ships give us the go-ahead to shove off.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Then they're already eating our territory...

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Tops off the batteries at 103%

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: Acknowleged

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: There wasn't any reason to hold back once the explosion dissipated. We retreated from the area.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: Perhaps...We'll see how our Admiral's tactics lead us through this.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: Signal our fleet ships that we're heading out.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: From what I've read about him... we should get through this.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

AMB_Ens_Terell: CO: I've got something else coming through ma'am. It would seem that they are sending a heavy carrier group to bolster their forces at Sigma Rho. They should arrive in about 12 hours.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: We better set up a good defense. We have the time.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::shakes head to himself, signalling the fleet and NAV::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: That would be prudent.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Stares at the Science station whilst the computer continues to search for something useful on board.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Sigma Rho task force reporting ready, ma'am. But the Minotaur-A and Lexington will be leaving us behind.  Engine troubles.  Leaves us two ships down.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: They going to be able to fix things quickly?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: All due respect, this is not something that can wait any longer than it has to. It will take them a few hours yet, and another task force will not arrive for two days with whatever slipstream ships being sent along with us.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: I wasn't considering waiting, no worries. I wanted to know if we're expecting their help any time soon.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

Helm: Set course for Sigma Rho, Engage Slipstream drive.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

@*CO* Ma'am, Enginers, power systems, phasers & shields are 100% or better.  We're ready down here.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Engages Slipstream Hotkey.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Rhon>

CO: Slipstream drive engaged from Engineering. Deflector powered up and course set...the slipstream is forming.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Makes the necessary slipstream calculations for the shield geometry.::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: A crescendo of harmonics emanates from the Benamite crystal chamber, something in E major.::

 

ACTION: Outside, the Sentinel and her fleet of comrades turn and power up their drives, the quantum slipstreams openining before dragging the ships into the vortex and propelling them at insane speeds towards their destination - Sigma Rho.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*SCI* Sir, can we have a probe launched on arrival, would like a heads up on where to reinforce shields.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Emergency message from Sigma Rho.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: On Screen.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

*ENG*: We can do that lad. Although as a heads up, I'd say reinforce them all, because that probe prolly wont last long.

 

ACTION: The Viewscreen flashes up with the static-filled image of a distinctly Federation-looking Bridge, with an odd layout. A haggard looking man sits in the Centre chair, stairs going up behind him to a transporter pad.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Reinforces shields to maximum, drawing energy from Holodeck, Replicators, and Sonic Showers.::

 

<aCO_Capt_Griffiths>

@*Sentinel*: This is the USS...something, not quite sure yet. We're evacuating Sigma Rho but the Tzenkethi are overunning our position. We can't get any damned escape pods out when they blow them out of sky like skeet! ::rocks as the ship gets hit another time:: We're requesting all possible aid, I don't care if it's a garbage scow - we need to get these people out of here.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Frees up any and all energy available in the science labs.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: sighs and tries to remember where she put that damned medikit she just had... and remembers an update would be good. :: *Bridge* Sickbay to Bridge, someone mind letting me know what kind of hell we're going into now? :: winces at the overly sarcastic tone ::

 

ACTION: Amidst the main sickbay nurses and doctors strolls around tending to the patients left over from the last battle.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

COM: USS Somthing Not Quite Sure Yet: USS Something Not Quite Sure Yet, this is the USS Sentinel, we're on our way.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

Self: USS something? *CMO*: Another battle, Doctor. You should start expecting these more often.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

*CMO*: We're heading to Sigma Rho station doctor. Prepare for more casualties.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*OPS* No thanks, I'll stick to the idiots who fall down Jeffries tubes. *SCI* Already on it. I don't think we ever unprepared down here.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::continues listening to Tzenkethi chatter::

 

<aCO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::laughs partly with relief and partly with mania:: *Sentinel*: Sentinel, I'll forgive the sarcasm if you can get your ass here and start plowing the road!

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

*CMO*: Good, cuz it's may get crowded down there.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: Signal the rest of the fleet we're jumping into a fight as soon as we arrive. I want the less battle ready ships to handle the evacuations while we and everyone else fights back against the enemy.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*SCI* :: sarcastically :: Yay.

 

ACTION: In another burst of static, consoles fizzle and burst into sparks before the communication is cut and the viewscreen shows slipstream.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Captain, the Tzenkethi are moving forward with their carriers. They could be making a push to take the station with boarding parties.

 

<NAV_Ens_Rhon>

CO: ETA in 60 seconds, Captain.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Configures hot keys for impulse drive power distribution.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: There's still almost 3000 people onboard the station

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: I'd rather not lose another station to these freaks. Do they have enough security and tactical forces to hold them back while we hold them back in space?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Disengages the Slipstream drive on arrival, shifting power to Impulse with a lurch.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Puts his weapons research away, and pulls up the specifications of a Tzenkethi carrier.:: Self: You have to have some other weakness than the flightdeck.

 

ACTION: The Sentinel drops out of Slipstream and into Hell. Twenty different Federation ships battle a veritable swarm of Tzenkethi raiders backed up by heavier frigates and carriers, the wreckage to build another ten station littering the battlefield.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Let me see what I can find out.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: gets to work in Sickbay, sending the "walking wounded" back to work and opening up as many beds as possible for any more wounded. :: Self: War sucks.

 

<TAC-Cdt_Gist>

CO: Phasers and Photon torpedoes ready captain.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: There's three MACO transports ready to assist - the Tunguska, Columbo and the Wraith.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: Give the fleet their orders have the battle ready ships enage the enemy.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::fingers fly across his console with a sharp nod:: CO: I assume that includes us.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

TAC: Target the ships that are closest and fire at will.

 

ACTION: A large wave of raiders and fighters break off their attack to meet this new foe, the smaller ships darting through the Federation lines with golden distruptors firing, shields sparking left and right sending each vessel rocking.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Smiles:: OPS: Of course.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

<ready to assist with evacuation efforts>

 

<TAC-Cdt_Gist>

CO: Affirmative captain. ::Targets raiders and fires phasers::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Signal those three to start the evacuation.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Settles the shield harmonics, adjusting power output on Port and Dorsal sides.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Yes Ma'am :: begins transmitting the message to all three MACO transports to start the evacuation::

 

ACTION: The three MACO transports begin their dash towards the station backed up by four other Starfleet ships, red-orange phaser fire and glimmering blue quantum torpedoes popping Tzenkethi ships like overripe grapes.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Cap'n! It looks like a lot of the station defense fleet is heavily damaged. There are about 12 small escort ships, Sabre classes, Miranda, Defiant, two Akira class carriers with 4 fighter squadrons in the air, 4 Galaxy class cruisers, a Sovereign, and one unidentified ship.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: The unknown vessel has no markings and no transponder. While it is definitely Starfleet, I dunni recognise it.... and it is HUGE.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Blinks:: SCI: Well, if it's Starfleet, we can ask questions after we push them back.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: 8 Tzenkethi carriers, multiple wings of frigates, raiders up the ass, and fighters are lingering around the station to pick pods off, but cannot get through the shields. Frigates are not close enough quite yet, and carriers seem to be hanging back for repairs, support, and sending out those damn fighters.

 

<aCO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::breathes a sigh of relief as the sensor readings ping up for the incoming reinforcements:: Self: Thank you... ::flicks open a comm channel to the lead vessel:: *Sentinel*: Sentinel, this is Captain Griffiths. We're tied up defending the station while those carriers sit at the back - perhaps now we can occupy their time and give the evacuees time to get out.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Somethin' dunni feel right about it. What if it isn't Starfleet?

 

ACTION: The Sentinel comes under fire from multiple Tzenkethi raiders, her shields sparking blue and white from the hits, each one rattling the crew and shaking the deckplates beneath their feet.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

ALL: Ignore the fighters. Focus on the larger ships. We need to push them back. We might not eliminate them, but we'll save the station.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Shuts down waste reclamation, diverting power to shields.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: It's headed by a Starfleet captain and helping the Rho. Good enough for us. Focus on the big picture for now.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: sighs as Sickbay begins to get real busy again :: Self: Second battle and I already want to take a vacation. I am on a roll.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

COM: CO Griffiths: Ahh, Captain, good to see you still kicking. Let's target the same vessels and take each one down quickly.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Yes ma'am. While we're on that subject. ::Sense of urgency in his voice:: I recommend we target the Carriers' flight decks.

 

<aCO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::nods to himself and starts throwing out orders:: *Sentinel*: Understood. We've been targetting everything by hand, this ship isn't...uhhh...it's not actually finished yet. If you could link your tactical sensors in to us I'm sure my Ex-Oh would appreciate it. ::watches as the Deltan man nods his head rapidly from the TAC station::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Even without the cuties, the secondary explosions will cause massive damage.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Taps battery power to supplement Phaser banks::

 

<TAC-Cdt_Gist>

SCI: Flight decks, affirmitive.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Gestures for the OPS to link the tactical sensors with their ship.:: COM: CO Griffiths: Target the flight decks. They seem to be the weak point for these ships.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: one patient is practically begging to go back to duty, but can't walk because of his broken leg :: Patient: You can wait a bit. Your leg needs time to mend and you're far too eager to get reinjured...

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::synching up with the unfinished new ship's sensors - a mystery for later:: *aCO*: Anything you have that makes a very large boom would be best.

 

ACTION: The entire ship rocks suddenly as one of the Tzenkethi raiders makes it through, smashing into the Sentinel's shields in a hail of plasma fire and debris sending the crew stumbling and causing consoles to explode around the ship. In Main Engineering, one of the power conduitsnear the QSD relay goes up, a *whump* of pure kinetic energy sending Taev face first into the console

 

<aCO_Capt_Griffiths>

he's working at.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Rocks hard with the blast:: All: Damage report!

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Passes out, face bleeding.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Is rocked by the explosion:: Self: Mother of fooking god!

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::gets thrown to the floor as the ship rocks, bumping her shoulder hard on the deck plating::

 

<TAC-Cdt_Gist>

CO:The hulls been damaged, sheilds at... 54 percent.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: ends up across yet another biobed, and this time a patient, too :: Self: I swear to all the Elements, this is getting very old, very fast!

 

<aCO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::nods once more to himself, smiling slightly as his Ex-Oh lets out an uncharacteristic cheer:: *CO*: I'll have our fighter wings try and draw off the frigates guarding them, see if I can open us a hole in their defenses.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Bleeds quietly, his left cheek burnished in blue and purple.::  Taev's red shirt smolders from an electrical short.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I'll trg and modulate the shield frequencies!

 

<CEO_Lt_Valentina>

::rushes to Taev's side, slapping her comm badge:: *Sickbay*: Medical emergency in Main Engineering!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

COM: Griffiths: Give us what you can. Sentinel out. ::Cuts the com from her console::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Shirt erupts in a small flame.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*CEO* Sickbay, Sarissa here. I'm on my way now. :: grabs the medikit she was looking for earlier and heads out, dragging a medtech with her ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::picks herself off the floor, testing her shoulder, wincing::

 

<aCO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::passes out the orders, watching as his two Akira's begin to move out, remembering his own time planning tactics for those fighters:: Self: The places we've been. Brace yourselves, this is going to get rough.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Green blood drips onto CEO Valentina's shoes.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::shields his face from a little boom, waving the smoke aside--damn, no good. he throws himself to another station nearby:: CO: Engineering reports slipstream down. We should not take more hits like that.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: gets to Main Engineering and sees the mess :: Self: Damn... CEO: Alright, what have we got... oh.

 

<CEO_Lt_Valentina>

::feels glad she didn't wear her red pumps today::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::gets back to the comm station, making sure its still intact::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::'s red shirt is completely ruined.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: I'm hoping not to. NAV: Evasive manuvers!

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage