U.S.S. Sentinel - 11503.23, Mission #34

"Upgrades Complete"


Summary

 

The Federation is at war. The Tzenkethi have attacked Starbase 621 along the Federation-Tzenkethi border and all available ships and set to head them off. The Sentinel puts off a thorough test of her Quantum Slipstream drive to instead head out with best possible speed and aid her sister ships and their crews in this hour of need.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Standing on the bridge, watching over things, making sure everyone is getting back onto the ship::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Sits in Main Engineering at Console 2, adding scripts for easier subsystem work.  The room smells like silver solder and metal dust.  CEO Valentina hovers over the Crystal containment unit comparing the HMI readouts to her Tri-corder.

 

ACTION: The docking clamps unlatch from the Sentinel, the port pulling away into the recess to leave the ship floating in the Starbase' main bay.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finishes putting the last of the crew physical reports in ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

Helm: Take us out of here.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain  :: Engages engines as commanded and exits starbase::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::standing on the Bridge, at her new post, paying attention to the goings-on around her::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: monitors the heat transfer rate out of the secondary transfer loop.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Exits the turbolift onto the bridge.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

Aloud: Space lanes clear, good to go. ::he's a little distracted. he's been listening to chatter, and, well, he knows the news is not good::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel swings around and glides smoothly out of the hangar doors, the space cleared for the sleek Sovereign.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Watches the viewscreen as Sentinel pulls out.::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Captain we have cleared the star base

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: NAV: When we get clear, Set a course to Starbase 621, maximum warp and engage.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::taps a few buttons on her console, bringing up whatever information she can find on the Tzenkethi::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*ENG*: Engineering, power up our new Slipstream Drive.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO AYE :: Types in course to starbase 621 as commanded and disengages inertial dampeners and engages maximum warp 8::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Opens plasma conduits 1,2,7, crosses fingers. ::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: reads over the latest dispatches from Starfleet and cringes a bit when she realizes how bad this could very well get. Nothing to do now except prepare, though. ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: An' you had me thinking we weren't gonna be usin' it ma'am.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Winks:: SCI: This is an emergency, after all.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Engage Quantum Slipstream Drive.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Transfers power to the Benamite crystal, sympathetic vibrations begin to chime.  Sounds eerie in here.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

Self: Hm.. matriarchal, brutal, not likely to negotiate...

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Smiles back, turning around and taking a seat a SCI, to get telemetry from the QSD.::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Drive engages with a heavy lurch ::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain :: Waits for the execution key to illuminate on his console he holds his breath, then when it flashed red he hit it and engaged the new drive::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::taps a few more buttons, looking for anything on Tzenkethi language, just in case they can be talked to...?::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

AMB: They're also as tall or taller then me ... with claws like swords.

 

ACTION: As the new Quantum Slipstream drive powers up, the Engineering crew stand on tenterhooks. From outside, the deflector on the Sentinel glows for a brief moment as it moves through space, firing a short beam that generators the Slipstream opening before with a feeling like being stretched through a pasta maker the ship is dragged inside and accelerated at ludicrous speeds.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

SCI: so far, not looking very encouraging for negotiating with them...

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

<change negotiating to talking.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: measures hydrostatic loads applied to the benamite crystal.  A sigh of relief is heard throughout Main Engineering as CEO Valentina turns away satisfied.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Presses a button on her console:: Shipwide: This is Captain Stradiot. Will the Senior Staff please meet me in my Ready Room for a brief meeting.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Slipstream engaged successfully, ETA to Starbase 621 in 38 minutes. Captain

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

SCI: I have it on some authority that that canni be... Old trader friend... he traded with Tholians and Breen and the like... he never traded with Tzenkethi.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

=that they=

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Acknowledged.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: looks up at the announcement and sighs. Time to actually find out what was really going on here. Besides the war, anyway. Standing, she heads out of Sickbay and to the TL :: TL: Bridge.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

SCI: Looks like either fight them or flee, then... they don't seem to look on other races as much more than enemies

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Watches CEO Valentina move smartly to the TL responding to the Captain's summons.  Taev spritely moves over to the more cushy Console #1 chair.::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Gist moves towards readyroom from his console::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Stands and walks across the bridge to the ready room::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

AMB: Xenophobia and an autocratic society will do that to ya...

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::finishes whatever he's got going and stands, stiff, following to the RR::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::downloads all Tzenkethi information she found onto her PADD for the meeting.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Steps into the RR and sits at her desk, waiting for everyone.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: the TL dumps her on the bridge and she heads to the RR ::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Sits in chair in readyroom, smiles at Captain::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::nods over at Hamlet, and then heads towards the ready room::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::enters the room and sits down, her PADD in front of her::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Notices everyone going towards the ready room, begins to wonder until he remembers he should also be going in.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Looks at the crew that are sitting and making themselves comfortable and raises an eyebrow::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::standing at attention in the back, room for everyone else::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Standing awaiting the captains report and orders::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Enters the RR and takes a nice spot to stand in the back.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: sitting on the couch in the RR in the stiff posture she used to use back at Starfleet Academy ::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS: Sir, the Cap' didn't mean me too, did she?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::makes a mildly annoyed face:: *ENG*: Yes, so you had better double time it, Cadet.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Runs to the TL::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sighs softly:: All: I'd like to remind you all of protocol while we're waiting for anyone else. I didn't ask you to be seated. Those who are sitting, please stand back up. Besides, this will be a short meeting.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::list of people who are already in enough trouble with him to begin with...::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Looks at Baudin:: OPS: Was that the lil shite who fired a phaser in engineering?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::stands back up::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: silently curses herself and stands quickly. :: CO: Um, sorry sir.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Runs into the Meeting room, then stands in the back ::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Stands:: CO: Sorry Captain, maam.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: You can take it up with him later.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Waves her hand:: All: It's not critical. I normally wouldn't call so many people in this room, but it's important....The rumors you've all heard are true...The Federation is at war.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Nods. Under breath:: Self: Give'm a thwack behind the ear!'

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

Self: Only was a matter of time...

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: Here we go...

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

All: We're currently on our way to Starbase 621. It's currently under attack by Tzenkethi outliers and advance scouts. They're keeping the ships pinned down while making attack runs on the staion. We'll be joining ships from across different fleets to defend the station and from there, we'll see what orders are.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: With the Tzenkethi Coalition....

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Stands in confusion at the captain's words::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO:Who's in command of the defence?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

All: Their tactics are very direct. Throw everything at once and see what happens. A very Tug-of-War way of fighting. They work to get bording parties on each ship because of their brutality on the ground. If we get boarded, we're in trouble. However, we will be shooting to kill if we are boarded.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

TAC: Currently Admiral Blackthorne, who is CO of the Atlantis is running things.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Easier said then done ma'am.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

CO: Um, would that require all personnel to carry weapons?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

CMO/All: It's standard Battlestations procedure.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: Atlantis... Ilaihr's on tha' ship.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: mutters :: Self: Oh dear.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Captain will we be on independent movement around starbase 621 or will we be under the admirals command for formation movements?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: We'll see when we get there. Right off, I'm going to assume independant. Just listen for my instructions and you'll do fine.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Stands:: All: I'm sure you have questions....but anything not dealing with the immediate situation of the defence of Starbase 621 will have to wait. Battlestations. Dismissed!

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Gets up and returns to bridge::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Slips quickly out of the meeting room and takes a Jeffries Tube to Main Engineering::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::snaps a salute and heads back out to the bridge and his station::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

CO: Aye sir. May I have permission to requisition a cargo bay or something for emergency triage?

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Aye :: Popps to attention and turns to return to his station::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Yes ma'am. ::Goes back to his station to monitor the forward shield geometry.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: CMO: Do what you can without it. Use the Holodecks as well if need be. The Cargo bays might be targets for boarding parties.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

CO: Yes, ma'am. :: heads out of the RR and to the turbolift, all the while mentally configuring a holodeck for a triage unit ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::nods to the Captain and returns to her post on the Bridge::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Steps out of the ready room:: OPS: Red Alert. ::Walks over to her chair and sits down::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Aye. ::raises the alert::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Sitting on the bridge, Checks the current trajectory:: CO: Captain 5 minutes to Starbase 621

 

ACTION: The lights dim slightly, alarm klaxons sounding and red adorning the alert panels.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: NAV: Acknowledged.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

Self: Here goes nothing

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: the TL heads back down and she gets off, jogging into Sickbay :: All: Alright people, listen up. We'll be in the middle of a battle soon, so prep the trauma kits and make sure that Holodecks 1 and 2 are converted into emergency triage and surgery units!

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

ALL: I've heard it'll be a tad bumpy on the w'y oot.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

SCI: I'll do what I can

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Shoots a smile to hamlet::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Takes a deep breath and remains composed::

 

ACTION: It's a tad bumpy as the slipstream dissipates and drops the Sentinel at full impulse outside Starbase 621 and into chaos. The remains of a Tzenkethi raider skitter across her shields as she sweeps past the flaming wreck of what used to be a Miranda class Federation vessel - the area outisde Starbase 621 is a battlefield.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Slowly bleeds energy from the Slipstream drive and feeds Impulse Engines.  The room's acoustics settle down to a more familiar throbbing.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finishes passing out weapons and feels the shudder of the deck plates :: All: Here we go. Make sure that everyone is treated according to severity of injuries, but make sure the walking wounded get cleared out in quick order.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

:: Attempts to evasivly fly around the debris::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sees the carnage and destruction on the sensor. Takes off an imaginary head.:: Self: My god.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::makes sure some of that power gets reallocated to shields::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: TAC: Target nearest Tzenkethi ship and fire phasers.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

OPS: Analysis of the situation?

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Aye sir. ::Targets and fires phasers::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Captain, I noticed that the Universal Translator has an incomplete database on the tzenkethi language. Would you like me to work on helping with communications? I might be able to fill in some of the blanks.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::looks at the viewscreen in awe at the debris field::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: We're a little past communicating with them, but yes. A better knowledge of the language will help with translating subspace communications.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Cap'n we're cut off from the Atlantis. They're t'other side of the starbase to us.

 

ACTION: Tzenkethi ships turn to confront these new attackers, several small raiders spinning to fly straight for the Sentinel with phaser cannons firing. The damage does little but shake the ship and make the shields glow, until the Sentinel's phaser fire ends even that.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Sir, more Tzenkethi, but it looks like the Scarescrow and the Seleya have joined the battle.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Every little bit should help...

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Watches power drains from Phasers, Shields, Impulse.  Taev hurries over to the intermix console and increases the feed.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Ma'am, we're cut off from the other side of the station from here. If we can coordinate with the Scarecrow and Seleya, we may be able to work our way to where the rest of the fleet is.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

Aloud: Would not want to miss the bulk of the 'fun'...

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: OPS: Tell them to get into an arrowhead formation with the Sentinel as point. We're going to spear through their lines to regroup with the Atlantis.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

OPS: This is hardly my idea of fun. ::Says without looking up from console::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Does a tactical analysis of the enemy ships, hoping to find a weakness in the shields or hull... or just the ships in general.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::coordinates with the other two stuck ships to relay the message::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Heat output is rising, Taev opens relief valves for transfer loops 1 & 2 to dump the over-heated coolant while drawing fresh cold fluids from Tank 2.::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Sir, frigate in coming! Fire at will?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

TAC: Fire photon torpedoes

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

Self: Photon Torpedoes... sheilds weakened captain but she's still coming.

 

ACTION: The Sentinel plucks another few raiders out of surrounding space while firing upon the Frigate, although one slips through the barrage of fire to crash headlong into her shield and sending the ship and crew rocking.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::brings up the communications display, trying to see if she can tap into any tzenketh comm frequencies::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Reels back in her chair:: Outloud: Damage Report!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: ends up sitting on a biobed and almost across a nurse :: Self: This is most certainly not what I had in mind.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Scans show that the Tzenkethi ships are small and dogged. But the frigate is heavily armoured, and able to take a beating.::

 

ACTION: A few wounded begin to pour into Sickbay, some light plasma burns and sprained wrists - for now.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::holds onto the console and does her best to not fall over..::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Sheilds took most of it captain,

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*CAP: Ma'am, Hull fractures on our Ventral side, but minor.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: grabs a medikit and begins to triage and treat the wounded ::

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi frigate closes to its weapons range, a burst of pale golden disruptor fire launching from it's forward hull to crash against the Sentinel's shields.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

OPS: Lieutenant... do we still have the ginni bastards in storage?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::continues monitoring tzenkethi comms...anything to go on?::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

All: Emergency power to forward shields. OPS: Are the other ships ready?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Transfers emergency power to forward shields::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: The ones you never got to use? Yes...yes, I believe we do. CO: As ready as they are going to be, ma'am.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Batteries begin discharging, plasma conduits begin to heat past recommended limits on forward runs.::

 

ACTION: The next few shots only cause a minor shaking and swaying against the bolstered shields, the Scarecrow sweeping in front to take the brunt of a few plasma torpedoes in kindness.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

OPS: I reckon tricobalt saturated quantum torpedoes might come in handy at some point today...

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Captain, we need to concentrate on that frigate, the fighters can wait!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: TAC: When I give the word, I want a full spread of photon torpedos and phaser fire out front. We've got to cut through that line. ::Turns:: OPS: Signal the Scarecrow and Seleya to engage.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Let's go. Full impusle. Let's break through.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Aye sir!

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Good to go, minor damage only. SCI: We can save those for the other side with the brunt of the battle.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain :: Engages full impulse pushing toward the enemy ships::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: treats an ensign with plasma burns and turns to a nearby console to get a fast update on the battle ::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Heat output continues to rise, dumps overheated coolant from lines #1 & 2, drains Tank #2 and opens Tank #1.::

 

ACTION: The two other ships sweep out from their positions, a barrage of blue and red torpedoes meeting the Tzenkethi strike shot for shot, the Frigate soon taking a severe pounding until its shields buckle and the hull begins to crack under the stress.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

TAC: Fire!

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: Acknowladged! Firing!

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

OPS: If we had more time, I might of whipped up more.

 

ACTION: The barrage from the Sentinel takes the Tzenkethi frigate in the forward hull, smashing straight through the plating to explode through the other side, sending the destroyed ship reeling through space and opening a gaping hole in the line.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

::Sighs and whispers:: Self: First blood.

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

ALL: We never turn first when the Sentinel plays chicken

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: All: Good work all. Now let's push through the opening we've made and rejoin the fleet.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: Damn right we don't!

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Open a replicator subsystem plasma line as a bypass to feed forward shields, eases off primary lines.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::lets out a breath that she didn't know she was holding...::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Captain, The way is open to join the Atlantis and the rest of the defensive fleet, shall i set a course?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Yes. quickly, before the hole closes.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: continues to treat patients and not think too much about the weight of the phaser on her belt ::

 

<NAV_Lt_Marcus>

CO: Aye :: Sets a course to re group with the atlantis and engages at full impulse

 

<TAC_Cdt_Gist>

CO: That frigate may try to cut us off captain.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Thinks about Ilaihr.:: Self: You better still be alive you crazy blue bastard.

 

ACTION: The Sentinel, the Scarecrow and the Seleya slip through waves of Tzenkethi, all three ships taking a battering to the shields but giving as good as they get before pushing through to the other side of the line

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage