U.S.S. Sentinel - 11503.16, Mission #33

"Upgrades Complete"


Summary

 

The USS Sentinel remains in dry dock, with physicals ongoing in Sickbay, diagnostics and fitting going on in Main Engineering and the bridge a hive of activity. On the station, however, a certain young Operations officer received a rather puzzling message.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Looks around sickbay::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

CMO: Listen Doctor, perhaps I am being far to harsh with you. The truth is I have not been sleeping well!

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Slumping head in defeat:: CMO: I am not one to admit when i have a problem, I am always able to fix the issue, but it is getting worse!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: raises eyebrow :: TAC: Your scan is showing elevated hormone levels. Perhaps a sedative might help? :: is totally and completely used to this after a few hours of hell in Sickbay ::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Pilots his Worker Bee outside the dorsal hull, replacing hull fasteners.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::pings whoever's at ops right now for one to beam up. directly to the bridge if you please. he's got work to do...::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sees the CMO and steps over to her.:: CMO: Everything going well, Doctor?

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Stands upright as the captain approaches::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

TAC: You know, the replicators can make light sedatives. That may do the trick. If that doesn't work, I can run a prescription for something stronger. :: notices the captain :: CO: Perfectly. Just the same as usual here.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::in the Lounge, going over the latest Sentinel Mission logs from H'atoria::

 

ACTION: Baudin disappears in a shimmer of light, reappearing a moment later standing just behind his underling on the bridge.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::cross referencing the information with the latest news reports about house BratH::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

CMO: Thank you Doctor, I will try that. Again my apologies for before it has been rather unsettling lately how my mood has been fluctuating

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: <BZZZZZt!>

Snap. ::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

::Nods to the doctor, and then to the captain as he strolls out of sickbay::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: shakes her head slightly before turning :: CO: How can I help you, Captain?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

a_OPS: My thanks. Take some leave if you haven't done so yet. I'll relieve you. ::not that there's much room for argument. gotta kick the newbie out (and sterilize the console) before taking his seat::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::taps comm badge:: *Adm*: Sir, could I have a minute of your time, I've got a question about this House BratH.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

CMO: Just checking in everywhere on the ship. How are things here in Sickbay?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*ENG*: Cadet, status update on our upgrades?

 

<GM_James>

@<Secretary>

*AMB*: One moment please, Ambassador. I'm putting you through to the Admiral's office now.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

CO: Oh, good. I just wish that everyone would see the line and come back later. That would make this a lot easier.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*Secretary*: Thank you

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS* Sir, the fasteners out of Spec are 80% replaced, I've been working in order of importance.  If we don't get them all we'll still be okay.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::<BZZZZt!>

 Snap.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*ENG*: And how about that slipstream drive? Everything running smoothly? ::he'll be running his own range of scans over the drive, of course. looking for anything unstable or out of place...::

 

<Admiral_Ren>

@::looks over a couple of PADDs on his desk, scanning through them:: *AMB*: Ren here.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

CMO: I can understand that. ::Smiles:: I used to be a CMO myself years ago. Everything happens around here when you're busy. ::Nods:: Well, i'll step out of your way down here. It's one less person in line to see you.

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Walks out of sickbay completely annoyed with himself; why did he have to be such a jerk to her. Its not everyday he has the opportunity to talk to the girl of his dreams and when he does he goes for the'I out rank you bit" ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*Adm*: Sir, I've been going over some of these reports from the latest Sentinel mission, and I've got some questions about House BratH. Do you have a few minutes?

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: grins slightly :: CO: I'm almost reminded of my third year at the Academy. One minute, perfectly fine. The next, some massive bar fight strolls in.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS*: Sir, the drive is installed per orders. There are some fine tuning issues to work out and plenty of tests. It will meet the performance specifications we were given Sir.

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Steps into the first turbolift:: TL: Holodeck 3

 

<Admiral_Ren>

@::looks up from his notes with a slight frown, nodding despite her not being able to see:: *AMB*: Of course, what's on your mind?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Grins back:: CMO: I could tell you stories, but they'd scare you out of Sickbay, and I'm sure I need you here.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*ENG*: I see. Thank you, keep up the good work. Let me know the moment anything changes. After the chief, of course.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::<BZZZZt!>

 Snap.::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS*: Sir, Yes Sir!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

CO: Of that, I have no doubt. Now, if you will pardon me, I have to make a few house calls. Some of the more shy people still haven't shown up for their physicals and I have to go hunt them down. :: manages to keep the smirk off her face. ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*Adm*: It would seem that house BratH has claimed responsibility for the latest attacks on the romulan medical transports, using the weapon that was being tested on H'atoria. If this is true, it would seem that this could be a violation of the Khitomer Accords. I was just wondering if I should advise the Captain on this

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: The turbolift slowly comes to a halt and the doors open, He walks to the holodeck doors:: Computer: Computer run program Milner mind beta 4

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::<BZZZZt!>

Snap.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Smiles again:: CMO: Be sure to bring some Ambrazine. ::Winks and leaves sickbay with a smile on her face. Heading towards the bridge::

 

<Admiral_Ren>

@*AMB*: I understand your concern, Ambassador, but sadly they've not directly attacked any Federation allies - the Romulans are still keeping quiet behind their borders except for the refugees. They're claiming that the Sentinel and the Artur were caught up in an accident, which sadly figures just fine despite any possible motive.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: chuckles to herself and grabs a tricorder along with a medical kit. Just in case. Then, she heads out of Sickbay and towards the turbolift ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*Adm*: Interesting. All right, understood. Thank you, I'll keep that information in my files.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::everything's in the green. which should be good news. but he frowns at the scan results anyway.::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: As soon as he walks through the holodeck doors, she runs into his arms. The most beautiful half betazoid half romulan he had ever seen as if it were the first time again::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::<BZZZZt!>, tap-tap-tap-tap-tap, Snap.::

 

<Admiral_Ren>

@::nods once more:: *AMB*: Understood. You're welcome to get in touch whenever you need, it'd be worth keeping an eye on both the Romulans and the Klingons in the wake of these incidents.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: reaches the turbolift :: TL: Bridge.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Steps into the TL:: CMO: I thought you had house calls...on the bridge?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*Amb*: Thank you Sir, I will do what I can from here, if we run into any new information I'll keep you apprised.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

CO: As I said, some of the crewmembers are apparently very shy. :: Again, barely manages to keep the smirk off her face ::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::<BZZZZt!>, <BZZZZt!>, Snap.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::maybe he should ping station ops, ask them if they've seen anything weird... he gives a worried tapping rhythm on the console. they'd want specifics, and he only has a vague warning to stay sharp. maybe that'll be enough?::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*Amb*: Once we get going again that is.. Thanks again sir, Terell out.

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: He Strokes the side of the Doctors face:: Holo CMO: Why cant you be real??

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

<*Adm*, not Amb>

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

Computer: Computer end program

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Smiles:: CMO: Fair enough. Just try not to steal my whole senior staff. I sort of need them.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

CO: No promises. Most of them have already dropped by, though. I don't need to chase them through the ship with a hypo.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::<BZZZZt!>, Snap.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

Computer: Computer, run this same set of scans on the drive every half hour and highlight any discrepancies. ::can't be too careful::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: He walks out of the holodeck and back down the corridor to the turbolift:: TL: Bridge

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods again and steps out of the TL onto the bridge::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

::<BZZZZt!>, WHIRR-whirr-whhw-sput, SELF: oh crap.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: steps out of the TL and instantly spots her target. Silently, she steps off to the side and pulls the tricorder out to scan the rather elusive crewmember. ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::maybe he ought to try some more unusual or in-depth scans. should he do that with or WITHOUT the chief's permission? he sits back, rubbing at his chin. don't get comfortable...::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Cautiously pilots the Worker Bee down to the shuttlebay, holding a crappy power wrench in his lap.::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: The TL slides to a halt and the doors slide open, and then there she is:: CMO: Doctor, What are you doing here? I thought you had a line down the corridor in Sickbay!\

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::Doctor--? he turns about stiffly and spots her. he does not look very amused. but...more importantly, there's the captain::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Berths the Worker Bee onto a receiving cradle, then shimmies down a yellow ladder while holding the very crappy power wrench.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: curses softly to herself :: TAC: I was trying to... run a scan of the room. Just in case there might be a pathogen. Y'know, with that poor cadet... :: thanks the Elements that she's long since mastered BSing her way through daily life ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Takes her seat and looks around. Watching the interactions around her.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CMO: ...and IS there a pathogen?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::finishes her herbal tea and sets the cup back on the table for the waiter to take, then exits the Lounge, going back to her quarters to drop off PADDs::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Drops the incredibly crappy power wrench, then walks briskly to a weapons locker and removes a type 1 phaser.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

OPS: I haven't finished that scan yet. You can't rush a scan, it might miss things otherwise. :: uses the classic Vulcan poker face ::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

CMO: Ahh...... Well I hope there is not such a pathogen. I hope that I Ummmm...... Didnt disturb you! Excuse me!! :: Shuffles away awkwardly back to his station, putting his facein his palm and calling him self an idiot::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::his look very clearly emotes a calling of bs. but he will not verbally do so.:: CO: Captain, with the new drive in place and starting to get run through the tests, I would like to advise the utmost caution. No need to rush or put undue stress on new systems.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: continues scanning :: TAC: Probably not, but I just want to be sure. One can never know with a starship this big.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: takes careful aim at the offensive power wrench.::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::his hands behind his back are very. very tight.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: OPS: Noted. Hopefully there's not a huge rush to get somewhere in our next mission. If there is, we might have to eject parts of caution out the airlock.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finishes the scan and flashes a quick grin before walking back into the TL ::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

CMO: It is quite a big ship :: He fumbles trying to hide the partial blush in his cheeks from her smile as she entered the TL::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Phssssst! ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::right. no pathogen. yeah that's what he THOUGHT. keep walkin', doc.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: snickers to herself as she check the PADD that she's got of people who need to get a physical ::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Sneaks back to the weapon locker, stowing a type 1 phaser ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Is still in engineering going over numerous QSD simulations::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

TL: Main Engineering

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Heads to Main Engineering.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: I wonder where and how far we'll go first....

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: steps out of the TL and looks around to find her second stubborn officer of the day. :: Self: Come out, come out, wherever you are...

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Looks perplexed at his console:: CO: Captain, I am not sure why this is appearing in tactical and not OPS or Security but there has been an unauthorized phaser fired on board, but I cannot pinpoint where on the ship because most of the sensors are off line.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Begins to sing something in gaelic that seems unintelligible::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Frowns and turns her head:: TAC: Contact the station. They'll have sensor records of the ship. Give them the time and they'll give you the location.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Takes up station at Console #2

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

CO: Aye Captain

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: spots the person she's looking for and sets her tricorder to run silently before stowing it haphazardly in her medikit. :: SCI: Hi! What's that? :: because secrecy totally didn't work last time ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::there's his attention snapped to. is this it? is this what they needed prepared for?::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Should we lock down the ship, do a sweep? In case someone got aboard...

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Stops singing abruptly as he spots Sarissa:: CMO: Afternoon Doctor. How may I help? Is yer tricorder broken?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Grins::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: hopes like hell this works. Only a few minutes... :: SCI: Oh, no help needed. Just wandering the ship and thought I'd see how the new drive is working out.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Turns to watch the Doctor talk to the Klingon ::

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Taps away at his console communicating with the stations operations center for dry dock, and then a response rings in:: CO : Captain the station reports it came from engineering. I read no alarms in engineering at this time though

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CMO: Oh its doin' quite nicely. How are the physicals goin'?

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Still puzzled as to why this has become his job, but remains with a smile on his face as he has a side thought of the Doctor once again::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sighs:: OPS: Lock engineering down. TAC: Dispatch a security team to investigate.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

SCI: Physicals should be finished up in a few hours. Things have slowed down quite a bit. There are still some people that haven't shown up, but I'm figuring they're waiting 'til the last possible minute.

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

CO: Aye Captain

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::nods and turns back to his console, triggering the doors and hatches around engineering::

 

ACTION: Engineering locks down and the panels flash a blue alerting light. Everyone starts groaning as they put down their delicate instruments and stop what they're doing to wait at their posts.

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

:: Dispatches a security detail to main engineering as ordered::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Laughs:: CMO: Which is why yoo'r here. ::Chuckles some more:: My wife usually does mine.... which is definetly no' how it sounds.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: suddenly confused and wondering what in the names of Air and Fire is going on. :: SCI: Is this normal? :: points around at all the hubbub, her tricorder ignored even as it beeps once to let her know the scan is complete. ::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: sits quietly at Console #2 ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Looks around as the alarms go off:: Self: What the BLEDY hell!? CMO: No... 'tisn't

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::decides to have a look at the ship's language database to find out how many languages it has, noticing it's missing a couple of dialects here and there::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: Oh, damn this to Arienyye. SCI: And what could cause something like this?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Taps commbadge:: *Bridge*:: This is Hamlet to the bridge... Wha's goin' on?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*SCI*: The short answer to your question is unauthorized phaser fire in engineering. Help out the security team that's on its way.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: overhears the exchange :: Self: The short answer?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

*CO*: Will do ma'am. Get right on it. Hamlet oot.

 

<TAC_Lt_Milner>

*Security Team* Connect with Lieutenant Hamlet upon arrival to engineering

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage