U.S.S. Sentinel - 11503.02, Mission #31

"Upgrades Complete"


Summary

 

The USS Sentinel is on the outskirts of Federation space, closing with the fabled Starbase 123 at impulse readying for the first step in their grand journey. From here on they'll be beyond the reaches of known space, exploring the universe and seeking out new life and civilization. Soon it will be time to boldly go where no one has gone before.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Begin Mission - "Upgrades Complete" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Sitting in the CO's chair on the bridge:: OPS: ETA to starbase 123?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::keeping his eager jitters under control, keeping in contact with the base. nothing's diverted them off course...yet...knock on wood...::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

@::is in her quarters on the station, busy packing up her things into a suitcase, waiting for Sentinel's arrival::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO: One minute, sir. They have the bay doors open and the welcome mats rolled out.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

@:: pilots a cargo maintenance unit (CMU) on an exterior inspection of the USS Sovereign, its headlight illuminates the hull for visual examination while the scanners record the extent of micro-crystalline fatigue fractures.  Data is passed onto Taev's PADD.  Each fastener on the hull plating evaluated within the survey is coded BLUE if within specification or RED otherwise.  As the craft approache

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

s the Bussard collectors, Taev initiates laser spatial-scanning to measure their coil geometry, checking their alignment.::  

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: busies herself in Sickbay, trying to straighten out a few things that never got fixed after the ship lost power over H'atoria. ::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Nods:: OPS: Good good. It's nice to finally make it, isn't it.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

@::looks over her mission orders, and puts the PADD into a briefcase along with her other info PADDs::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS:  USS Sentinel, this is Worker Bee NCC422436, request permission to dock.

 

ACTION: A tannoy goes out across the station. "USS Sentinel is now arriving at the main docking bay. All work crews report to station."

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

@::Hears the announcement, and grabs her things, heading towards the main docking bay::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

OPS: Standard Docking procedures. One quarter impulse power.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO: Almost doesn't seem real. ::is that a smirk? or a trick of the light?:: One quarter aye.

 

ACTION: The Sentinel slowly and beautiful slips into its designated spot, moving slowly through the heavy bay doors on Thruster control to pull up next to one of the extendable docking clamps.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

@::  Feeling nervous::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*ENG*: Worker Bee, permission to dock is granted. How is she looking?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS For a new ship, you have an amazing amount of structural stress that was applied to your hull.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*ENG*: Good thing we are in for a refit. We've had a long journey.

 

ACTION: The docking clamps engage and a hive of activity begins around the Sentinel.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::arrives at the main docking bay waiting area, watches as the Sentinel glides into place::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: docks the CMU into the USS Sentinel's shuttleport.  The single-seat craft settles into a receiving cradle projected from the starboard wall.  Taev clambers out and down a short ladder, then wipes down the craft, removing condensate from the rapid temperature change.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO: Clamps engaged, ready to move to station keeping. Smooth sailing.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Smiles and relaxes in her chair and just sighs::

 

ACTION: The docking ports open and a mixture of crew trade places, some leaving to assigned posts or simply for quarters on the Starbase while others walk onto the Sentinel, technical teams and relief crew as well as new officers.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

OPS: Hand over control to Starbase 123, and get the shore leave rotation started. Did you get the requisition orders from all of the departments?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS*: Cadet Taev, where should I report in for duty?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO: You know I have everything in order, or I would certainly be hounding SOMEone about it. *ENG*: Welcome, Cadet. ::checks the list of oncoming crew:: Engineer, yes? The XO is here on the bridge, or you can check in with the chief first if you would like.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::gathers up her things and proceeds on board the Sentinel, heading to the Bridge::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

*OPS*: Thank you sir, I'll stop up at the Bridge.  It will be fantastic to see it in person instead of just Holos.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Smiles:: OPS: I could never doubt you.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::finds the turbolift and steps in.:: TL: Bridge

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO: Tidy paperwork is always preferable to anything getting lost in the cracks.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Takes the nearest turbolift::  TL: Bridge

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: puts on his white gloves and straightens his uniform::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finally fixes the last of the little details in Sickbay and feels rather accomplished by that fact. As long as no dust bunnies appear to ruin her day, she'll be quite content ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::notices the Romulan officer, eyes him curiously:: ENG: Jolantru ::smiles::

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Nods:: OPS: Quite

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

AMB: Jolantru Indeed

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Steps onto the Bridge::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::the turbolift doors open to reveal the Bridge of the Sentinel, steps out onto the Bridge::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Stares at the XO intently, eyes dilated.  Takes a step back.::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Turns pale ::

 

ACTION: A dust bunny wafts under one of the equipment carts.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::walks up to the command circle:: XO: Ambassador Terell reporting in for duty.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

XO: Cadet Taev, reporting :: Vomits excessively on the floor.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::stands to take his leave once everything is sorted, and someone ought to be taking the station soon anyway, and turns to--oh. really? REALLY?:: ENG: ...Perhaps your first stop should be sickbay, Cadet.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Starts cleaning up:: OPS: Sorry sir, I'll get that.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Turns to look at the newcomers on the bridge:: AMB: Welcome Ambassador. I know your services are going to be well needed on these exploration missions. ::Pauses at the Cadet's vomit:: ENG: Welcome to the Sentinel Cadet....::Looks at the OPS:: ENG: Head to Sickbay, Cadet. This'll be taken care of.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::holds out her hand to the XO.. and notices the romulan getting sick, does her best to keep a straight face::

 

ACTION: The duty crew on the bridge look a little uncomfortable.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

XO: Thank you, I look forward to getting started :: smiles::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

OPS: Yes Mam.:: Leaves the Bridge shuddering.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Shakes the Ambassador's hand:: AMB: Perhaps you should head down to Sickbay as well. Might as well get your physical out of the way now while things are settling down. Might not be time for it later.

 

<Crewman_Itor>

::stumbles onto the bridge from the other side, pushing his hoverbucket and holding a mop, grumbling::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::snaps at the duty crew:: All: Go on, about your duties; everyone has first day jitters. ::but now he feels the urge to SANITIZE. EVERYTHING. and certainly gives the puke a wide, wide berth::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

XO: Well, looks like I might have to start helping him adjust here.. when he's feeling better. Yes, of course. I'd love to get settled into my quarters first, perhaps someone could point me the way?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: glares at the dust bunny and swears in Andorian :: Self: I hate when my big mouth gets ahead of me... :: goes to find a broom ::

 

<Crewman_Itor>

::nods respectfully to the XO:: XO: Ma'am. ::begins working around everyone, mopping up and sanitising::

 

<Crewman_Itor>

<Dust_Bunny>

::sneakily wafts up onto one of the consoles, leaving a dusty little trail::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Smiles:: Itor: Thank you, Itor...I appologize for this. Cadets can get anxious on the bridge.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Reaches sickbay and sits awkwardly.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

AMB: Of course. I'll show you myself. ::Turns:: OPS: Where is the Ambassador's quarters?

 

<Crewman_Itor>

::smiles widely:: XO: Ain't no bother, Commander. At least it's not Holodeck duty! ::gives something of a salute, knuckling his forhead before finishing up::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: twitches a bit and debates whether a phaser or a transporter would be better to get rid of the damned thing, but notices a patient, so she walks over, setting the broom down :: ENG: Hello, Cadet. How can I help you?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::smiles at the XO, nodding her head politely::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

CMO: I've been sent here from the bridge Sir.  I threw up.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

ENG: Ah. Well, how're you feeling right now?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

CMO: Will I have to report to the bridge very often, do you think?

 

<Crewman_Itor>

::finishes cleaning up the bridge, running a tricorder for any bacteria or virii before nodding at a job well done and heading on his way to the next cleaning job on his chit::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

CMO: Sorry, I'll be fine.  I do feel better.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Smiles lightly:: OPS: The Ambassador's quarters?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO/AMB: Ambassadors get the special privilege of deck 2 housing with command staff and VIPs. As ambassadors are, of course, VIPs. ::with a polite nod to AMB:: I can show the way?

 

ACTION: A pair of workbees move out into the large internal bay inside the station, a large core tractored between them.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

OPS: If you'd like to. I do have a couple other things to attend to. ::Nods to the AMB:: AMB: Ambassador. ::Heads for the TL::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: laughs :: ENG: Probably not. That's your superior officer's problem. I don't think I can cure a case of jitters, but I think I can help. :: grabs a hypo and a vial of antiemetic medicine and loads the vial into the hypo before injecting the medicine into the cadet's arm.:: ENG: But that'll help.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

OPS: Of course, I'm ready when  you are.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO: Ah, the engineers are switching to station power. Quick work I see. Do not forget to take your own leave, ma'am.

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

CMO: That feel wonderful.  It's cold!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

ENG: Really? I've never actually noticed that before. Huh... :: muses on that for a moment ::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Steps into the TL and waves a hand in front of her:: OPS: I'll be quite alright. A bit too much paperwork on my desk. Like you said, got to keep it all tidy and not let them slip between the cracks. ::Lets the doors close::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

AMB: I think you will find your quarters to be of the best quality. ::leads the way:: You specialize in keeping the Romulan peace, yes?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

CMO: I'd like to go to Engineering, may I be dismissed?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

ENG: Of course. Try to keep a lid on those jitters, alright?

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Nods emphatically, then exits Sickbay::

 

ACTION: The dust bunny wafts across the Sickbay entrance doors

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: prays that the dust bunny will get the hell out of Sickbay and be someone else's problem ::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Takes a TL:: TL: Main Engineering

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

OPS: I am here to act as a liason between the Federation and the Romulans, I also have experience with the Klingons, as well as other races. ::following OPS::

 

<ENG_Cadet_Taev>

:: Reaches Main Engineering and starts taking inventory ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

AMB: I am not sure how much dealing with Romulans or Klingons that are not our own crew you will have to do once we get out there--if we get out there--but we should never be quick to turn down any diplomatic help.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::steps into the turbolift behind OPS:: OPS: I will also be working with the various cultures we come across, of course. I pick up new information and languages very quickly..

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: decides to go through crew records and see who needs an updated physical ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

AMB: And this is why you are a VIP for an ensign, if I may say so.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause MIssion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage