U.S.S. Hyperion - 11502.02, Mission #37

"Reflections"


 

<GD_CJ>

SUMMARY: Commander Danann has been removed from the ship, and Captain Rome is suitably unhappy about this. With all the other underhanded goings on, Rome has called for a staff briefing to discuss next steps.

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::stands by the edge of the oval table, his palms resting on the cool surface::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::makes a brief stop at the replicator on his way to his seat::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Makes his way from the TL to the Briefing room::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Goin through a bunch of PADDs he has, getting some work in before the meeting begins.::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::snags the cup of coffee, PADD still tucked under his arm as he walks over to his seat, settling in and checking the diagnostic progress on the PADD::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::walks in with a mug of coffee and takes her seat::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods to Rousseau:: MED: Doctor.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::puts the PADD to one side, taking a sip from the cup before looking around the room, nodding in greeting::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::nods back in greeting:: CO: Good Morning Captain

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Looks up and takes note of everyone in the briefing room. Smiles at Izzy, before burying back into the PADDs::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::smiles over at Douglas::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::Waits for everyone to enter and take their seats::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

<change that to afternoon>

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::removes a piece of hardware from his pocket and slides it over the desk towards Lyon:: OPS: Commander, I want to know how this item works and implement it to cover the whole ship, starting with the Bridge and key sensitive areas.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Sits down in the Briefing room and waits for everyone to get ready to listen to the captain::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Stares at the gadget on the table gooey eyed.::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::settles down and has a sip of coffee, while looking curiously at the device::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::closes his hand over the item:: CO: I know what it does. Integrating it into the ship systems will be a challenge. I'll get that going as soon as the computer is back up and running.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::stands up straight, placing his hands behind his back:: OPS: Thank you Commander.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: As you all now know, Commander Danann has been taken to Earth by Starfleet Logistics....I believe we do not yet know to real reason behind this move, but I suspect that someone wants to wound us.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Senses irritation in everyone at the table::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: Until we get her back, and I am certain we will, Commander Lyon will step up from his status as second officer. So your department should now liase with him.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: From my interview with him sir, he seemed...distantly focussed on the command structure and it's policies sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: I agree, Ensign. He has ulterior motives...which remain to be seen.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::looks a little startled, but nods:: CO: I'll do my best, Captain.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods to Lyon::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: I may be called to violate direct orders in the days to come. Know this....I do not do this lightly, and I have the blessing from someone up high. I can't tell you any more, but if you wish to object. Take it up with the Commander.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::takes a deep breath, then looks over at Gunn:: All: I am going to rely on you all in the days to come, and I need you at your best. I need you to follow me.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: I think we're all committed to the safety of the ship and crew sir. And the return of the commander.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::reaches over and grabs a small wooden box from the edge of the table:: NAV: Front and Center, Cadet Gunn.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Stands up::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Looks at the captain:: CO: Yes Sir?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: I have informed Starfleet Academy that you have successfully passed your review. Now you answer to me only. ::hands him the small wooden box containing a single gold pip::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Congratulations, Ensign Gunn.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::smiles approvingly:: NAV: Congratulations, Ensign.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

NAV: Congratulations, Ensign, well done

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Nods to congratulate Gunn::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Eeee Thank you Sir, I will try to do my best for this crew and the ship and if there is anything you need Sir, you got it.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::waits for him to put it on his collar:: NAV: You can continue to do your job admirably. ::smiles::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: Report to your stations, I want a status update from every department within the hour.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Puts up the golden pip:: All: Guys I will try my best.

 

<GD_CJ>

<Bridge>

*CO:* Captain, we're receiving a priority message for you from Admiral Walker.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks up:: All: That's it, everyone to your station. Dismissed.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Stands up and collects up his assortment of PADDs:: CO: Aye Sir. ::Runs of to his station::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gets up, taking the piece of equipment, his cup and PADD:: CO: Some information later on will be appreciated, Captain.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods to Lyon::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Stands up and walks to his station::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Leave that for now.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: I will return the device shortly.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Of course, Captain. ::hands it over::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grabs the device, then turns to the monitor behind him and rests on the edge of the table:: *Bridge*: Route it in here please.

 

<GD_CJ>

<Bridge>

*CO*: Aye, sir.

ACTION: The spinning Federation logo appears on a nearby comm panel.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::heads for the exit and his station on the bridge, hesitating at the door, not sure if he should stay or not::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::gathers up her stuff and heads out back to sickbay::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Stuffs the PADDs in the drawer at his work station, and begins a status check of the tactical and security systems.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Looks at his console and waits for orders::

 

<Adm_Walker>

::appears on the screen:: *CO*: Captain.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*ADM*: Admiral. ::holds up the device:: Who's H.S ?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

MED: Hey Izzy. ::Waves, hoping to catch her before she leaves the bridge:: I mean, uh, Ensign Rousseau....Doctor Rousseau....

 

<Adm_Walker>

*CO*: Henry Sumner. He can be trusted.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

TAC: What is it, Douglas?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*ADM*: Any relation to Commander Sara Sumner?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::waits by the turbolift as Douglas catches up::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::drops the PADD onto his console and moves over to the command chair::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

MED: I was wondering if I could stop by sickbay after shift. I've been having trouble sleeping. I mean, I don't usually sleep, I meditate...but I can't focus, so I need to sleep.....

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

MED: Don't wanna be a pain in the ass.

 

<Adm_Walker>

::nods:: *CO*: They're siblings; Henry was formerly stationed on the Bremen. He's no longer officially with Starfleet, but he's a personal friend. Captain... I want to apologize about Commander Danann. I did what I could to block Winters, but Command was determined to let him have at least one. I told them you were off limits.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sits down, looking around, imagining another life that could have been... in command::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sighs:: *ADM*: Understood sir, and thank you.

 

<Adm_Walker>

*CO*: Have you chosen a replacement XO?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

TAC: Of course ::smiles:: Stop by whenever you're free. I'll see what I can do

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Smiles:: MED: Thanks Izz...umm Doctor Rousseau.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

NAV: Congratulations again, Ensign.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*ADM*: No sir, I'll wait until I get her back...but I have temporarily asked Commander Lyon to step up.....to be honest sir, I've served without an XO for a long time before, I can do it again.

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

OPS: Thank you Sir.

 

<Adm_Walker>

::nods lightly:: *CO*: All the same, I've arranged for a candidate, mostly because I think it will stick in Winters' craw... I want you to divert to Starbase 310 before continuing on with your previously discussed mission to pick her up. Use her as XO, or as an advisor; either way, she'll be useful.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gets up and walks down to his console - it had bigger displays:: NAV: A stellar achievement.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

TAC: You can call me Izzy, that doesn't bother me. I'll see you after shift

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*ADM*: Who exactly, sir ?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::pulls up the progress report on the diagnostic, acknowledging a step knowing it would irritate his second down in the computer core::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Smiles at Izzy before scampering off back to his post:: MED: See you later Izzy.

 

<Adm_Walker>

::gives a wry smile:: *CO*: And ruin the surprise? Don't worry, Captain; she's trustworthy, too. Walker out.

 

ACTION: The comm cuts.

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

OPS: Well it kinda funny but I feel like I have done this a couple of times.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sighs::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

TAC: Later, Douglas ::smiles::

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Smiles at the OPS::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

NAV: How so? ::sits down and initiates another process in the reinstall::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::walks out onto the Bridge:: NAV: Ensign Gunn! Disengage from the station and bring us to ship power.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Are we warp capable, Commander?

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

OPS: Well the symbioint has had 7 hosts that have been in Starfleet.

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Looks to the CO:: CO:Thank you Sir.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods in comprehension before turning:: CO: Aye, sir. I can finish the reinstall en route. Shall I notify the station of our intention to leave?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: I believe they will catch on.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gives a small grin:: CO: Aye, sir. I will record the sqawking for later review.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grins::

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Starts to get ready to disengage from the Station::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: When ready, move us to a safe distance from the station and set a course for Starbase 310, maximum cruising speed.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::prioritizes some processes to make the trip easier until he finishes the reinstall::

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

CO: Aye Sir.

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Starts to plot in a course to Starbase 310 while disengaging from the station::

 

<Adm_Walker>

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::steps onto the Turbolift:: TL: Main Sickbay ::doors close:: Self: Hm..

 

TIME WARP: 24 hours later, on approach to Starbase 310...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::crosses his legs in the command chair while reading a PADD::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

<move that before time warp>

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::looks up from the message:: CO: Captain, Starbase 310 acknowledges our flyby and says the package is ready for transport.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: How cloak and dagger...tell them we are standing by.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Aye, sir. ::sends the message back to the station::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: Standing by if there are any daggers sir. ::Grins::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: thank you Ensign, but I think we're amongst friends here.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: Its becoming difficult to tell...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods in agreement::

 

ACTION: A transporter beam appears on the bridge, giving way to a smallish human woman dressed in casual attire with a duffle bag slung over one shoulder.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::looks curiously at the new arrival:: CO: Package delivered, sir.

 

<Sara_Sumner>

::gives her head a little shake before looking around:: CO: Reporting for duty?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Stares at the new visitor like a bulldog::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::stares without saying anything::

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Looks at this new person on the ship with a little distaste::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

Sara: I'll be damned.

 

<Sara_Sumner>

::sighs and grins at Rome:: CO: It seems we've been caught up in some crazy plot once more, Captain Rome.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::smiles:: Sara: Just like old times.

 

<Sara_Sumner>

::glances about:: CO: Well... I'll get settled, and then someone can fill me in?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

Sara: Officer's mess, 1900 hours.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Holds out his hand:: Sumner: Would you like me to take your bag ma'am?

 

<Sara_Sumner>

::nods, glancing around at the rest of the bridge staff:: Self: So welcoming... ::smiles at Douglas:: TAC: Thanks, but I've got it. ::head for the turbolift::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::heads for his ready room::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Nods:: Sumner: As you wish ma'am.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gets up to take the centre chair:: Sara: Your quarters are on second deck, four doors aft from the turbolift. I would show you, but I have the conn.

 

<Sara_Sumner>

::nods to OPS:: OPS: Thanks, Commander. I'll be back shortly. ::steps into the TL:: TL: Deck 2.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Looks at Lyon:: OPS: Hm, she seems nice.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

TAC: Old friend of the Captain, I believe.

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Looks at OPS:: OPS: This is gonna be something.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods slowly:: NAV: Indeed, Ensign. I believe you know where we're going next.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

OPS: Crap knows we need a few more friendly faces around here sir. Specially at the moment.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

TAC: From your lips to your deity of choice's ears.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

OPS: There are no Ice Giants sir. So I'd say Odin.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::smiles:: TAC: Odin it is, Ensign. Personally I'd say Cuthulhu has a hand in this, but I'll reserve judgement until I see monsters with tentacle faces.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Laughs:: OPS: I like it sir. H.P. Lovecraft. I always found Yog-Sothoth to be a personal favorite.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

OPS: He's like the Giant Spaghetti Monster.

 

<NAV_Ens_Gunn>

:: Starts to polt in a course from the captains note, Maximum Warp::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Bemused, slowly turns back to his console.::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::grins:: TAC: As long as you don't start talking like a pirate, I will be very happy.

ACTION: The ship points itself towards the Betreka Nebula, jumping to warp, heading deeper into the widening mystery.

 

<Sara_Sumner>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage