U.S.S. Hyperion - 11501.19, Mission #35

"Reflections"


 

<GD_CJ>

SUMMARY: The 'interviews' are underway. Up next is Ensign Douglas; meanwhile, the Hyperion continues its system checks after weeks of repairs.

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::sits in his office with the door closed, a mound of PADDs spread cross his desk, eyes focussed on the screen in front of him::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::siting on the bridge, fuming::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Walks onto the bride with a PADD in hand, looking at the new specifications that Danann has in mind for Tac response times::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::glances over at Danann:: XO: I have some excellent instructional materials to construct voodoo dolls, Commander.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gives the PADD a small smile as she reaches her station:: Self: Her standards are almost as high as mine!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::huffs a genuine laugh:: OPS: I hope they can take a beating. ::smirks::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: I also have an app you can run on your PADD that you might enjoy. I'll forward it to your inbox later.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Walks to his post and starts to get ready for defensive maneuvers:: All: hey guys

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::going over the orders from this morning:: CMO: Commander, who's first on the list for physicals?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gets up as he notices Joanne enter the bridge, walking over to her console, but turns back at an alarm sounding at his own::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::quirks an eyebrow:: OPS: You have me curious, Roj'. I look forward to seeing it. ::looks up at NAV as he walks past:: NAV: Nice of you to join us, Cadet. Let's start with some basic tactics. ::taps on her armrest console a few times, pulling up for basic tactical scenarios::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: You will love it. ::frowns down at the console, an odd spike of activity in the computer core::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Standing quietly, watching the chronometer tick down until his interview.::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Double takes at Lyon, but resists making a comment::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: Aye, I'm ready

 

ACTION: The Hyperion receives a comm; audio only.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::slowly sits down, tapping a few commands, checking on the apparent feedback loop in a secondary processor::

 

<GD_CJ>

@*Hyperion*: Winters to Hyperion. Have Ensign Douglas meet me in conference room C, Habitat Ring.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

*Winters*: Acknowledged, sir. He will be with you shortly.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sighs:: Self: God, I love that voice. ::rolls eyes and turns to TAC:: TAC: You know the drill, Ensign.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Does the Picard manoeuvre, straightening his uniform:: Self: Lets do this, ALRIGHT!!!!

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

XO: I'm going....

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: Sounds like an interview with Winters is an...experience

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

NAV: OK... here goes... :: checks that NAV's console is disconnected from the actual ship's system then calls up the first simulation, Two Klingon BoP's, decloaking on screen::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Doesn't even bother to turn around, simply steps backwards into the turbolift.: TL: Docking Platform.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: He's... a peach. ::throws her a glum look::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::grumbles:: XO: Commander, I have some spike of activity in the computer core, an apparent feedback loop in a secondary processor, but it means we have to take that processor offline while Engineering takes a look at it. I can continue working with Lt Feyna, or oversee the core repairs.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: Anything I should be aware of? I take it he ::pauses a moment:: Knows things?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::frowns:: OPS: Source of the feedback loop?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Turbolift doors close, and slowly descends::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::quickly glances over one of his reports with a grumble, picking up a PADD and leaning across his desk to hand it to Rousseau:: MED: Check with Cadet Gunn, he hasn't had his physical done yet. Neither has Lieutenant Feyna, but I think she might have something on her plate.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::waves CTO down to her side::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Slides out from behind her console, and sits next to Danann, looking attentive::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: Unknown, hence the need to take it offline and have Engineering to figure it out. This is level 1 diagnostics stuff and then digging through the datalogs.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Starts making ready for evasive maneuver waiting for respond from the Klingons::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::leans in very close towards CTO, looking her in the eyes seriously:: CTO: Just be very careful of anything "sensitive" you say aloud. He tripped me up on a point of detail... he's aware of more than he should be.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::The turbolift doors reopen on the docking level. Soule walks calmly along the corridor and through the docking section, looking out the window he notices the wormhole open up and close. It made him long to explore, giving him incentive to get this interview over and done with::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: OK, do it and keep me informed.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Murmers:: XO: Okay, so think before speaking, even the most innocent of question?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: All right, Gunn it is. Senior staff is probably going to be busy with these interviews first...

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: Aye, Commander. ::turns back to his console, initiating the isolation of the processor and sending the work order to Engineering::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Keeps a save distance from the BoP´s waiting for further instructions::

 

ACTION: The starboard Klingon BoP fires on the Hyperion

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

:Setting foot on the station, he quickly looks for and finds a turbolift to take him to the habitat ring:: TL: Habitat Ring, Conference Room 3.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

*NAV:* Doctor Rousseau here, please report to sickbay for your physical. At your earliest convenience, of course.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO:What do you think he's after, commander?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::pushes back from his console and snagging the PADD with the work he has to do with Joanne::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods, looking up from his desk and giving her a smile:: MED: Any trouble, let me know. ::looks back down at his desk and delves right back into these reports::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Steps off the lift, and walks up to the conference room door. He rings the chime to alert the Captain to his presence::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gets up and wanders over to the two women:: XO/CTO: Just remember, everything said on the bridge gets logged. Even while docked.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sighs:: CTO: Honestly, I feel he's after me, the way he was running his questions... for one he accused me of falsifying my reports... but, perhaps he's doing that to everyone. He questioned me about Captain Rome, too.

 

<Capt_Winters>

::checks his watch:: TAC: Come in, Ensign.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Starts evasive maneuver Delta 7:: *MED*: Kinda in the middle of something now...

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Nods silently, taking a moment:: XO: I'll take that on board. ::Gives Lyon an understanding glance::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::hunkers down next to them:: XO/CTO: But if there is juicy gossip, I want in.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

*NAV:* As soon as you're able to, Cadet. No rush.

 

ACTION: Starboard Klingon BoP delays then spins with Hyperion, firing again. The other BoP disappears from the screen, appearing on sensors taking a wide sweep to the Hyperion's aft.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Enters the conference room stoicly:: Winters: Captain. Soule Douglas reporting as ordered.

 

<Capt_Winters>

::motions to the chair on the other side of the desk; the room is sparse, only the desk, chairs, a PADD, and, oddly, and old-fashioned clock::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks at OPS, then CTO:: CTO/OPS: Just.. be careful. Remain truthful, and don't give him an inch.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Gets ready for full stop as soon as the other BoP decloaks to get him in front of the Hyperion::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Nods and takes the seat.:: Winters: Usually I prefer to stand sir.... but I've been standing on the spot for about 12 hours now.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods:: XO: Aye.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::straightens up again:: XO: We will get on with our work, ::indicates him and Joanne:: and you play with the Cadet.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks over at Lyon:: OPS: So, like we've had to do before.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::smiles:: CTO: Indeed.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::smirks:: OPS: You know how to make a girl happy.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Stands, giving Danann a real smile, before following behind Lyon::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: So we are not firing back in this simulation??

 

<Capt_Winters>

::nods some, scrolling through his PADD:: TAC: That's dedicated of you. I understand you've been put on guard duty, Ensign.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::returns the smirk:: XO: Not just the girls. ::walks over to the Tactical console::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

NAV: It's all you, Cadet. Evasion, evasion... ::taps her console, the second BoP decloaks as it speeds up behind the Hyperion::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::scrolls through the crew roster:: Self: let's see, Jensen's after Gunn...

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Rolls her eyes:: OPS: Good job your better half isn't on shift today!

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::The clock on the wall ticks loud and every seventh second is fast, ruining the timing and seriously urking Soule::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

*Jensen:* Please report to sickbay for your routine physical

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Einter: Aye, Sir.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Makes full stop, pushes the ship to 180 on the spot::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Full impulse::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::laughs:: CTO: He would just laugh and make some off-colour comment.

 

<Capt_Winters>

::sighs softly, rubbing his cheek as he reads:: TAC: You've been a bit of a problem, haven't you, Ensign?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CTO: So where do we need to improve the power regulation for tactical systems?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::laughs at NAV's flying, loving his style:: NAV: Nice moves, Thor.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

OPS: Or could....never mind. I have got a few idea. ::passes him the PADD she was augmenting earlier::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: What ever works Ma´am

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

NAV: Good philosophy... ::taps her console again::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::just smiles since she knows Ethan almost as well as he does:: CTO: Why do I get the feeling your ideas are going to mean a lot of work? ::takes the PADD and reads, making approving noises::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: I am a nuisance it appears, yes. But, I assume that is not why I'm here.

 

ACTION: BoP 1 clips off the nacelle of BoP 2, sending them both careening into space, seriously damaged.

 

<Capt_Winters>

::raises an eyebrow:: TAC: Why do you assume that?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

OPS: Because you know that I don't like disappointing 'the man', or woman ::Gestures over her shoulder to Danann::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Stars to make ready to vent plasma for his next maneuver::

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: A gut feeling.

 

ACTION: a tachyon surge off the Hyperion's starboard bow appears on NAV's console::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: So, what would you like to know sir.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

?

 

<Capt_Winters>

::smiles some:: TAC: You like to follow your gut feelings, don't you? Regardless of the consequences. It says here you gained unauthorized access to ship's systems and altered them on your first shift?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods:: CTO: We agree on that. ::points to one of the schematics:: Let's pull that up on the MSD and I can figure out how to improve the flow through those junctions. ::turns towards the master systems display at the back of the bridge, pulling up the relevant section in bigger detail::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: Thats correct sir. I was trying to speed up maintenance, by redistributing power to where it was required.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: I have a stickling for efficiency.

 

<Capt_Winters>

::leans back in his chair:: TAC: You didn't run this by Engineering first, I assume.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Moves with Lyon towards the display:: OPS: I'm the ideas girl, you are the power expert.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::runs the simulations while adjusting various aspects of the power distributions through the EPS conduits:: CTO: I'm glad we had dinner. The talking was long overdue.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Start to scan the tachyon surge waiting for a reading while putting the ship at a save distance from the surge::

 

ACTION: A third BoP appears off... the starboard bow!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks up at NAV: Sorry about all the Klingons... these simulations are old. Someday, we may get updated ones.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: No. Everything was pretty manic at the time. If I recall, Captain Brax had just been severely injured.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: People were running around, unsure of what to do. So I was trying to do my part.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::taps her fingers on the desk and gives Jensen another minute to respond...::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Doesn't meet his eyes:: OPS: It was an awkward situation. But I think I needed it to. Dinner and drinks, and a good talking to.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Vents plasma and puts full throttle on the engines waiting for the BoP to ignite the plasma:: XO: Np, Ma´am

 

ACTION: BoP fires at the Hyperion, pew! pew! pew! aaand explodes in the plasma cloud.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::smiles:: CTO: We've known each other too long for awkward to remain a factor. We're all too damned confrontational for that. ::moves more sliders around to get the best power flow::

 

<Capt_Winters>

::gives a shrug:: TAC: So you altered a number of key systems without informing Engineering, apparently unaware how that might interfere with Engineering's operation in a time of crisis... Tell me, Ensign, do you believe you know better than all the designers at Utopia Planitia?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: That very much depends sir.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

OPS: Speak for yourself. I only really confront when I need to use my knife. I tend to hide in corners and gain information. Wonder where I learnt that from

 

<Capt_Winters>

TAC: How many starships have you designed? Tested? Built?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

<Jensen>

*MED:* Sorry Doctor, I was a little busy with something. On my way...

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: Designed? I'm working on a few ideas at the moment. Tested? Still running lots of simulations: Built? None, so far.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: Ma´am Ens. Rousseau wants me at sickbay for my phisical. Should I continue the simulation later or...

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::grins:: CTO: Well, that too. Skulking is an art after all.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: I do hope to remedy that sir.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

OPS: You call what I do 'skulking'? And here I was, thinking I was being more elegant than that ::Glances over with a grin::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::taps on her console:: NAV: Report to Sickbay, Cadet. I'm not sure how many more Birds of Prey I can pull out of my ass. ::smiles, and nods to NAV to leave::

 

<Capt_Winters>

::frowns some as he eyes the Ensign:: TAC: You like to think of yourself as brilliant, don't you? You think of all those fancy gizmos and implants, and you think that makes you better those around you, than those you serve with.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

<Jensen>

::walks through Sickbay doors and plops himself down on a Biobed. ::Make this fast, I've got to finish scrubbing the shuttle bay floors... My CO's been riding me about it all morning.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Stands up and smiles back at the XO making his way to the TL::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::chuckles:: CTO: We all skulk, Joanne. Just with various degrees of elegance. You just look better at it than I do.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

*MED:* On my way.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Steps on the TL, tells the comp. SickBay.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Grins:: Winters: I do like to think of myself as brilliant. As for being better than anyone? No. I'm just a man sir. But all the implants, and gizmos and the pain I carry with me everyday...sir! I think they prove my convictions.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Tosses her head, and accentuates her English accent:: OPS: Of course I do, Darling

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sits in the XO's chair, slumping sideways, tapping her fingers idly on the side of her armrest::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: Besides the fact that my 'unauthorised' access to the systems highlighting how under prepared our computer security is.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::laughs a genuine belly laugh:: CTO: You know I just love that accent of yours.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::gets out a pair of rubber gloves and snaps them onto her hands:: Jensen: How is your ankle, any problems with it? ::gets out the medical scanner and scans Jensen top to bottom..::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::taps the last controls:: CTO: Let's see how this improves the reaction times.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

*NAV:* I've gone ahead with the next crewman on the list, but I shouldn't be long. Just come down when you're ready.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Steps out of the TL making his way to the SickBay:: MED: Reporting in.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

Computer: Run simulation. ::looks down at the display::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Drops her voice, and murmers, without moving her lips:: OPS: You found out anything more regarding these Winter interviews? Sounds like we might have to get the old skills out.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Watches the simulation, whilst awaiting a response::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

MED: All ready here.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::bends closer to the display, emulating her move and murmurs in reply:: CTO: Nothing. But I don't want to start something that could blow up. Anything from the CO?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

NAV: Ok, Just have a seat, I'll be with you shortly.

 

<Capt_Winters>

::shakes his head lightly:: TAC: Shockingly, a treasonous cyborg officer isn't on the list of conventional threats. ::he sighs softly, looking to the PADD once more:: You also constructed an unapproved weapon?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Shakes her head very slightly:: OPS: I worry that it could all be related to....them.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Sits down and waits for the Doc to get to him::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Jensen: How's the ankle that you broke a few weeks ago, any problems with it?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: There are conventional threats out in the unknown sir? And No. The construction was authorised back at the academy. What wasn't was the fact that I didnt have it signed in with Leftenant Feyna.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::shrugs:: CTO: That is always a possibility. Them.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

<Jensen>

MED: No, no major problems. Still aches from time to time, but otherwise ok.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Jensen: Good good. You're free to go, you passed with flying colors. Keep an eye on that cholesterol though, it's borderline...

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

OPS: And them, naturally leads to him, which is always a big problem with this ship ::Pretends to focus on a certain readout::

<Capt_Winters>

::casually tosses the PADD aside, leaning forward:: TAC: I'm gonna level with you, Ensign; I have no idea how you're still wearing a Starfleet uniform. By all rights, you should be sitting in a Federation prison, where you can't endanger one of our most advanced ships with your frankly insane behavior. Of course, it helps that you have a relative in the Admiralty, doesn't it?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

NAV: How are you doing today, Cadet?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::getting out the medical tricorder, begins scanning NAV for his physical::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods slowly and points to the readout:: CTO: I know of him, but not everything. Big problem on this ship, or just it's Captain?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

MED: I'm mostly ok.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

NAV: Mostly? Anything I should know about? ::smiles::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: I'm still in this unifrom sir, because I'm a damn good officer. I DO NOT endanger the ship, the ship and the crew are at this point in my life; my primary concern. As for my 'godmother', I dont 'need' her to protect me.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Turns her head slightly, catching a whiff of Lyon's aftershave:: OPS: Captain's. But, for my part at least, Captain's problems are my problems.  It's how I got here anyway.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::has NAV lay down so that she can complete a abdominal scan::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Looks in MED´s eyes and says:: MED: Well, sometimes I wake up during off hours when I should be resting.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods again:: CTO: You know you can count on both of us. ::catches her eye and holds it for a moment, conveying his sincerety::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

NAV: How's your caffeine intake? Sometimes that can cause sleep problems.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Smiles at him, realising how much she'd missed having him, having someone to confide and trust in.:: OPS: Understood. ::Raises her voice to a natural volume:: OPS: I think this is helping, don't you?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sits and worries silently::

 

<Capt_Winters>

::shakes his head slowly:: TAC: You're not as great as you think you are, Mr. Douglas. ::stares at him for a moment before leaning back once more:: Your Godmother won't save you this time. If I were you, I'd start packing your things.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::returns the smile:: CTO: I think it does. The simulations look good.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Winters: You are not though sir, are you? I am. So, if that is all sir?

 

<Capt_Winters>

::sighs softly:: TAC: Go.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::finishes up NAV's physical, doing a microcellular scan..::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Stands up, and walks out of the room confidently, with sights set on the bridge again::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CTO: Maybe some good news will cheer up the Commander. ::nods over at Danann::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

OPS: You do it, you're the pretty one in our team.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS/CTO: How's it going, kids?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

NAV: Ah, so your Symbiont is having problems adjusting to your telepathic abilities?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

MED: Yes it seems so.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::grins:: CTO: Flattery will get you in trouble with my husband. ::turns to the XO:: XO: We are making significant progress.

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Swears angrily in Klingon and Nausican as he walks the corridors back to the ship::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: Best news I've heard all day. ::smiles a little::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

MED: It´s like I need a strong tea to relax the Symbiant from time to time.

 

<Capt_Winters>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage