U.S.S. Sentinel - 11502.16, Mission #29

"The Endless"


Summary

 

The Sentinel orbits high about the planet, getting strange sensor blips - A glitch after the troubled times, an enemy waiting in the shadows, or something even worse? On the planet, after a short musical interlude, some sort of defense mechanism has been activated that's locked Commander Stradiot and her away team in those old ruins.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::sitting on the Bridge in The Big Chair(tm)::

 

ACTION: The room continues to rumble and shake around the away team, the doors sealed and the console inactive.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Looks around:: All: Suggestions?

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

@XO: I would say run, but we appear to be trapped.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Still fiddling with the console regardless of condition.:: XO: We could always just blow the fookin' wall?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@SCI: Would the walls take that kind of damage?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO: They're made of granite.... A metor could hit, and we'd be fine. Amd a phaser set at 8 or above should do it.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

OPS: Lieutenant, any word from the surface?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO: I'm still pissed off though, outsmarted by my kinsman... normally they start by blastin' first, then think up a solution. Must've been in here a while.....

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Nods:: SCI/MED: Alright, let's do it. ::Points her phaser at the wall, waiting for the others to join::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Not yet, sir. Shall I ask for a check in?

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

@:: pulls her phaser out and sets it to level 8 before pointing it at the wall ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Raises phaser, aiming at the wall, setting it to 8:: XO: Ready ma'am.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@All: Fire. ::Fires phaser::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Fires::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

@:: fires ::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::shakes his head thoughtfully:: OPS: Noll wait and see how they progress.  Im under orders to assist here, Brigadier BratH.  Wem eager to get along to Starbase 123 as well.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO: If it all goes to shite, I can always drop my uniform, and say I've taken you prisoner. ::Gives a toothy grin.::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::leans down to OPS and whispers:: OPS: Signal the Artur for a time estimate.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::continues:: OPS: And alert the Away Team.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Smiles lightly:: SCI: Let's hope this doesn't come to that.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

@:: scans ahead and thinks about a potential way to defuse this particular charlie-foxtrot before it begins ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO: Aye, I'd had to disable them afterwards, and that'll be a lot of hassle.

 

<Brigadier_BratH>

#::looks decidely grim for a moment as Parker speaks:: *CO*: Everything is under control here, as I said. Your assistance was welcome, although only the Artur was due to arrive according to the transcripts. Our problems are our own, Captain, as I'm sure you can understand.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::shoots off a message to the sister ship and quietly pings XO::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*BratH*: I do understand.  Allow us some time to collect our crew and for the Artur to gather theirs, and well give you a time estimate shortly, if thatt stay if they dons going on down there, if they dons none of our business.  Tell the Artur to make best speed with their offload.  Where does their flight plan take them after this?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@SCI: Nor I, but I don't want to start anything we can't finish. That pulse disabled our ship.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO: The energy pulse that took out us and the Artur was similar in ways to Breen energy dissipation weapons. Like they used at the 2nd battle of Chin'toka.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

@:: throws out random idea :: SCI/XO: Could that be what they're trying to do here? Recreate those weapons for their own use?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Nods:: MED/SCI: Possibly.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@All: Problem is, if that is what they're doing, it's much bigger than us.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: I will find out. ::shoots off another message asking for flight plan to the Artur in the meantime:: *XO*: Apologies, we have run into a situation with a well-armed Klingon ship and a less than entirely warm greeting from her captain.  We might be getting out of here. What is your status?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Shrugs:: XO/MED: Maybe. They were alot to do at the time. Only one ship survived Chin'toka, the IKS Ki'tang.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@*OPS*: Currently trapped in a structure. If you can beam us out, it would help.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO/MED: If the empire perfected that weaponry, it would change the balance of power in the Quadrant.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::interjects:: *XO*: Commander, the Klingons donre staying here.  Wed get him a time estimate.  Forty-five minutes, you said?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO: Aye ma'am. I'd say ladies first, but.... the Klingons may hesitate shooting me for an extra second. ::Takes a step into the hole::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Starts slowly going down the stairs:: SCI: It's quite alright. Thank you.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Give or take, yes. Shall I hail him back so he can order us about more?

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

@:: follows, tricorder in one hand, phaser in the palm of the other :: SCI: I certainly have no intention of anyone getting shot here today. Just stunned.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@MED: Perhaps. The empire will have repaired by now, and tensions are growing.... they will probably want to return to the conquest again.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

OPS: Yes, Lieutenant, you should.  Its well within his rights to ask us to leave.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@XO: I have no intention of getting shot.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@SCI: Oh good. ::Smiles::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::hails the Brig:: CO: I would gladly take scans if I had no fears of setting him off...

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

OPS: Scan away, Lieutenant. Leave the worrying to me. I did ask for that tactical analysis, after all.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Scans the area. Focussing on the movements of the Klingons.::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::glances back to Tactical::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::well then, with that blessing, he'll take as many scans of that ship as he pleases in case anything suspicious pops out::

 

ACTION: The Brigadier flashes back up on screen, looking a lot less cordial.

 

<Brigadier_BratH>

#*CO*: How long, Captain?

 

ACTION: The Away Team moves down the stairs, which are steep and winding, but quickly bring them out to a long stone corridor full of light which doesn't appear to have any source.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@Self: This place is odd....

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Nods:: SCI: Those lifesigns still there?

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*BratH*: Ire wrapping it up now and getting their crew back.  WeH.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@Self: Well, I'll be... the light, its holographic, theres a network of emitters inside the walls.

 

<Brigadier_BratH>

#::glances at his Operations officer and gets a short nod before he turns back to the screen:: *CO*: That'll do.

 

ACTION: The Viewscreen shuts off once more.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*BratH*: One question, though.  We had a weird power drain when we first reached the planet.  You wouldns hope we remain friends.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

@SCI/XO: Six lifesigns ahead.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Raises his phaser up a little, keeping an eye of the corridor ahead.

 

ACTION: The corridor ends, opening up into a large room with a huge holographic projection at its centre. A planet, presumably the one you're on, flickers in the light and around it six Klingons work at the stone consoles. They don't appear to have noticed the newest guests

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Silently waves for everyone to stop and back off::

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage