U.S.S. Hyperion - 11412.08, Mission #32

"The Patrol"


 

<GD_CJ>

SUMMARY: The Hyperion hangs, momentarily, in space, directly in the path of a weapon that clearly does not care about shielding. Can the Hyperion do anything to stave off their fate a while longer? Can anyone?

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Waits to see if the impact of the weapons fire on the antimatter pods works::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grabs the railing surrounding the command circle:: NAV: Evasive!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::lies unconscious on the bridge carpet, bleeding from a head wound::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::grips the railing as he watches the viewscreen, feeling somewhat helpless and like he should have prevented this entire series of events from taking place::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::Is busy fighting off a sense of rising panic as she looks up and sees the ship bearing down on them on the viewscreen. Meanwhile, she works quickly to repair the two broken ribs on XO’s left side, and doses her with medications to counteract the effects of the concussion::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Keeps a tight grip on her console, making a quick review on remaining weaponry::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Keep firing those modified torpedoes! Fire goddamn everything!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: I'll fire what we have Sir. ::Continues to fire at the enemy::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::struggles to breath, from the pressure on her lung::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Evasive maneuvers, Cadet! Get us out of the line of fire!

 

ACTION: The unidentified weapon glows ominously in the distance, another deadly blast ready to fire. It is met, initially, by a trio of blue flashes; quantum torpedoes fired by the Vonnegut scream at the vessel, two impacting the shields, the third managing to breach; at the same time, phaser fire from the Hyperion strikes its ejected antimatter pods. The resulting explosion is awesome and terrifying to behold, threatening to envelop all.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Feels the thrill of admiration and panic combined::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Plots in every evasive maneuver he can come up with:: CO: AYE SIR!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Think we're going to survive this, Sir?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: I know we are! Keep firing!

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CTO: We are not dead yet buddy!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gives him a wonky smile:: CO: I never stopped

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::breathes a sigh of relief as XO becomes concious again - and is currently trying to sit up, muttering something about someone named Tony... and is momentarily confused when Danann grabs her uniform and plants one on her lips:: XO: Uhhh.. Commander???

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

NAV: I'd hope to know the difference ::Tries to give him a confident look::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::kisses MED deeply and passionately, leaning back with a sigh and unfocussed eyes:: MED: It's been too long since I got to do that.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Kymar, assist with Operations! Tell the Vonnegut to focus their fire on that....thing's weapon.

 

ACTION: As the flashes eventually fade, the enemy ship drifts forward, the fore-aft quarter blown well apart, a field of debris drifting quickly outward. The Vonnegut flies by, turning about to deal with the remaining interceptors.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::bites his lower lip, his eyes alert and attentive::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<MED: Wow, I missed doing that...>

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Kymar, you're my number one. Status of our shields and engines?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::walks over to NAV:: NAV: Circle us around, keep our wounds out of the line of fire. We're finishing this.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::leans back with a wince and shakes her dizzy head::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Starts to initiate scans on the left over of the ship, and notes a power surge::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Power surge from the enemy vessel Sir

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Is it the weapon?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::regains her balance, and her composure..., wiping her lips with the back of her hand, blushing:: XO: uh.. Commander, you've had a bad concussion and some broken ribs, but you'll be fine. Give the Vertazine a few minutes to work, it'll counteract the dizziness and disorientation.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: No way to tell at the moment.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: But I'm also scanning for Orion lifesigns.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Keep us at a safe distance from that thing.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Tell the Vonnegut to take care of the last of the interceptors and that starbase. Leave nothing behind.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Goes from evasive "pattern delta 5" to circling around the remaining ships:: CO: AYE Sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: Someone give me a systems' report !

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Contacts the Vonnegut, and passes on the message, whilst analysing the scan data::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Plots in a little more distance from the remaining ships::

 

ACTION: The scant few lights apparent on the vessel's superstructure flicker back to life. A series of fixtures begin to emerge from the hull; a score of turrets and cannons, seemingly placed haphazardly, all take aim at the Hyperion as she weaves around.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks over at MED, blinking:: MED: wh-... ::looks around distractedly, turning to check behind her:: MED: I thought-... ::shakes her head, voice wistful as she turns back and looks MED up and down:: MED: Never mind... thanks, doc... ::goes to stand up::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: About 20 lifesigns on the vessel of various races, with about the same number of dead

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: And it looks like we are about to come under attack again ::Prepares shields and weapons....again::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Fire all torpedoes!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Pass her, then take us out of here. ::pats the kid on the shoulder before walking towards Danann::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: You alright?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::gives a quick look around to see if anyone noticed:: XO: Anytime...  ::still blushing a little::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::focusses on the viewscreen, her face paling. Stands up, a little shaky:: CO: I'll be fine... ::steps forward, her side still in a great deal of pain and blood down the side of her face::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: We are at a good distance Sir :: Starts to plot a course to the other end of the system::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Good. ::turns his attention back to the viewscreen:: XO: Get me a status report from Engineering.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Fires again, upon the ship::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Thank you Cadet, take us out of the Badlands, full speed ahead.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Joanne, tell Harris to get the hell out of there.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Informs the Vonnegut to withdraw::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Aye Sir :: Hits the engage button::

 

ACTION: The barrage opens up as the Hyperion attempts to pass, hammering the shields, slowly turning to follow. The ships exchange their hellish fire, shields and hulls alike burning and flaring.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Yessir.... ::leans against a railing and raises a shaking hand to her comm badge:: *Engineering*: Danann to... ::thinks:: *Engineering*: Whoever the hell is down there, I want an update on our status, immediately.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grabs the sides of his chair as he sits down, the ship shaking apart around him::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Almost falls over on the multiple impacts:: CO: Shields are holding, for now Sir

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::grabs onto the nearest railing and pulls herself back to a standing position, holding on tight::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Keep rotating shield frequencies, work with Gunn to allow our shields to recharge.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: The Vonnegut cannot withdraw. Damage to engines, and they can go at half impulse at best

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::growls::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks over at Gunn, and sends him the shield rotation she intends to implement::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::is thrown against the railing she's holding on to, thumping the exact location of her bruised ribs and chest:: Self: Ugh!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::taps at his console:: *Adria*: Adria...is that all you got for me? I'm right here.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Tell him I'll buy him time....he has to get out, does he have warp ?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Nope, half impulse Sir

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::slams his fist down::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Informs the Vonnegut at the additional time, and for them to get as far as they can on their limited speed::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: He needs to get out of there

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::nods as she gets Engineering's report:: CO: Captain, we have full impulse, but warp is out of the question. Engineering says the Hyperion is heavily damaged, sir, she won't take much more of this. ::rests hand on her side, trying to alleviate the pain::

 

ACTION: A general alert sounds on the bridge, the computer announcing an obscure condition.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: What if we separate? Can we get the civilians and non essential personnel to warp ?

 

<GD_CJ>

<Computer>Hyperion: Warning. Warhead activation detected. Reach safe distance immediately.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Guess we are not going anywhere sir. :: Starts evasive sequence Beta 93::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Checking!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::perks up:: NAV: Get us the hell out of here Cadet. Reroute all the power you need!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Takes a looks at her screen, trying to pinpoint the damage, and the warhead, thinking she had already fired everything::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: Full power to aft shields!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Changes the shields without question::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Do we have any of those modified torpedoes left?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

XO: Hold still, Commander... ::grabbing the bone regenerator from the medkit and giving XO's ribs one more pass::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Captain, sections One and two are warp capable. I'm initiating personnel transfer now!

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Trying Sir :: Does every evasive maneuvers to try to put more distance between the attacking ships and the Hyperion::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

MED: I'm fine, doc. I'm sure it's just bruising...

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Shakes her head:: CO: I fired everything Sir, no more modified torpedoes

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

Self: Goddamnit Harris.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Captain... ::gives him a look::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Commander, take everyone to the least damaged section and get out of here.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks over at Rome, hoping he doesn't literally mean 'everyone', deciding there and then that she won't leave him::

 

ACTION: The Vonnegut's deflector section detaches, activation a self-contained impulse engine; it heads straight for the enemy vessel.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

XO:Let me do a quick scan for internal bleeding. Holdon just one sec..::scans the tricorder over the bruised area::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::blinks:: *ALL*: All personnel, this is Commander Danann. Evacuation of Section Three will begin immediately. All personnel, no exceptions, proceed to Section Two. All personnel... Danann out!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

Computer: Computer prepare Section three for manual command.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Remains at her tactical station, continuing to defend the Hyperion::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::turns and looks at MED:: MED: Swear to God, Doc, if you want another kiss, just ask... ::steps away:: MED: Otherwise, you have patients elsewhere to attend to.

 

ACTION: A trio of shots hammer the Hyperion's aft sections, one piercing the shields, rocking the ship violently once more. At the same time, a brilliant flash lights up the screen, various warnings ringing throughout the bridge as the Warhead detonates.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Puts in the last orders on the console before evacuation::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Is finally thrown to the floor, her head hitting the edge of the console as she goes down::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::shields here eyes as she oves over to the CO:: CO: Captain Rome, Section Three evacuation proceeding. They'll be clear in another three minutes. ::doesn't make any moves to leave::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks over to Joanne for a report, then sees her on the floor:: MED: Ensign!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: I'm not going, you know. ::spoken matter-of-factly::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gets back up after a few minutes, wiping the blood flowing from a cut out of her eye with the back of her hand::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Runs over to CTO trying to get her out of there::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Don't worry, you're staying right here.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Pushes Gunn away from her:: NAV: You go evacuate. I'm staying. ::Gives him a grim look::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: She's fine, get back to your station.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::breaths a sigh of relief, winces as her ribs ache mightily, but hides it as well as she can::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CO: Yes, Captain! ::makes her way over to Feyna, scanning her head::

 

ACTION: Eventually, all turns silent, save for the various alarms.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: You are all staying on section 1.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Aye Sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Joanne, give me a report..

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

MED: Just do something to stop this bloody stuff obscuring my vision ::Tries to give Rousseau a smile::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::goes over Feyna's cut with the dermal regenerator, and it disappears from view::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Goes back to his console trying his best not to get hit more from the other ships::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Is slowed down by her head injury:: CO: One second sir

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*ENG*: Repair what you can, if our energy drops below the requirements of Tactical and the conn, reroute non-essential systems... environmental, whatever we have to spare and keep me informed.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Prepare seperation.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::confirms on the sensors:: CO: Enemy is now in several pieces, with no power signatures detected

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: And no life signs

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::lets out a deep breath:: CTO: And the Vonnegut ?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: The Vonnegut is adrift, but still intact Sir

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Take us back, within transporter distance of the Vonnegut.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Tell Engineering we need shields and transporters.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::lets out a breath, but keeps on alert in case of any more injured::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Plots in a course to the Vonnegut:: CO: Yes Sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grabs Danann's arm and pulls her closer:: XO: If this goes badly, you take sections 1 and 2 out of here, no matter what.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::turns to speak to CO:: CO: They- ::is interrupted by Rome himself:: CO: If this goes badly, I'm staying right by your side.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: You will follow my orders, Commander.

 

ACTION: The Hyperion picks its way back towards the Vonnegut. The viewscreen shows a debris-strewn wasteland, the super-ship obliterated, with large pieces of the superstructure crashing into the heavily damaged starbase.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Any signs of attackers, Joanne ?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Not at present Sir. Doesn't mean they aren't there though

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::smiles as he watches the behemoth in pieces::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Stay alert.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: And here I was, thinking of taking a nap Sir

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Cadet Gunn, as soon as we're in range, start transporting the crew to sections 1 and 2.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Tell Harris we're coming for his people.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Yessir... ::looks at CO with worry:: CO: We get through this, we're having a little chat.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods:: XO: Yes ma'am..

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Aye Sir, we will be in range in a minute :: Starts preparing for transports::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Smiles down at her console, at the interaction between the CO and XO::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::turns away from CO and contacts the Vonnegut::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Shakes his head over the CO and XO::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: No reply sir! I'm going to widen the band...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

MED: Ensign Rousseau, we might have injured incoming. Inform Sickbay on both sections to prepare.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Lifesigns on the Vonnegut, Jo ?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Still nothing sir, their comms must be down.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CO: Yes sir. ::goes to the medical console on the Bridge and begins sending a message to Sickbays One and Two to prepare for more injured::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: We are in transporter range Sir.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Clenches her teeth at the name:: CO: The majority are fine, with approximately 25% injured or dead. ::Glares over at Danann, wondering why she ever liked her::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Energize.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sighs and closes his eyes:: Self: Damnit Harris.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Stars to transport any lifesigns from the Vonnegut to the sickbay::

 

ACTION: The Hyperion begins to beam the crew of the Vonnegut aboard; both sickbays are soon inundated with injured and dying.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Call DS9, tell them to dispatch salvage teams.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Any lifesigns on that hulk or the space station....specifically Orion ?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::nods, clearly shaken to her core::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Commander....relax, it's over....we won.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: I've been doing continual scans, specifically for Orion, and have currently come up empty

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: YOu've a funny definition of "won", sir... ::is pale and trying to hide how rattled she is::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: We took out this whole operation....I call that a win.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Looks at the CO with relief, hoping that his action today finally made some impression to him::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks away from the CO and straightens up:: ALL: Well done, all of you.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Cadet, when we have everyone on board, lock a tractor beam on the Vonnegut and take us out of here.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Wonders for how long Rome has thrived on the thrill of not dying during a mission::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks around the Bridge, nodding at everyone::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::And wonders how accurate Adria's minion was in her assessment of Rome::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::gives a quick nod to CO in reply, but looks really shell-shocked::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Tell Engineering to dispatch repair teams.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Looks back at his console and starts preparing the tractor beam on one of the better sections of the Vonnegut to make it stay in one piece:: CO: Yes Sir.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: They're already dispatched... ::doesn't make eye contact with Rome:: CO: I'll have a full report from them soon.

 

ACTION: The evacuation completes, the Vonnegut, for the moment, left a lifeless hulk adrift in the Badlands, along with whatever operation Adria was running here. When all is set, the Hyperion locks on to the maimed vessel, hauling it carefully out of the Badlands.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grabs Danann's arm:: XO: Well done today.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Set a course for DS9, Cadet. Then seperate section 3, lock it down and leave it.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::turns in surprise and claps eyes with Rome. Struggles to keep her composure:: CO: Yessir. Thank you, Captain.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: All ready done Sir. :: Engaged the Hyperion impulse drive to DS9::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Then take us to warp when ready.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sits down::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Tries to wipe the dried blood off with her sleeve, before beginning an assessment of the ships tactical systems, knowing the results will be depressing::

 

ACTION: With the Vonnegut in tow, the Hyperion jumps to warp, leaving the devastation of their trip to the Badlands behind.

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage