U.S.S. Hyperion - 11412.01, Mission #31

"The Patrol"


 

<GD_CJ>

SUMMARY: The Hyperion approaches the chaos of the Badlands, where Nalta claims Adria is located. The Vonnegut has caught up, adding considerable firepower to any potential confrontation. What does fate have in store for them inside the vast plasma field?

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Stands on the bridge, looking around at the crew there, making an internal decision::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sits in the center chair, his right hand running through his beard deep in thought::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aFCO Miller>

CO: Captain, we're about 15 minutes from the Badlands.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Thank you Mr. Miller. Full stop 15 thousand kilometers from the perimiter.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Joanne, Red alert.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Nods to herself, looking down at her console and making some changes to the tactical rotas::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::scratches his beard once more::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::settles into the seat next to CO without a word, glancing repeatedly at aNAV and his progress at the helm::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

CO Aye, sir. All stop 15K out.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Quickly sends the ship to Red alert, after making the changes::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::comes to a decision::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks around for Douglas:: TAC: Ensign ::Gestures for him to come over to her::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Commander Lyon, send a decrypted message to Starfleet Intelligence in my name, no specific recipient. Repeat after me.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::clears his throat::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::quickly prepares the message headers:: CO: Ready, sir.

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks sidelong at CO, wondering what's coming next::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Dixon, I have Agent Madsen's killer. Stop message there and attach our coordinates.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::takes a deep breath::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Is running simulations seeing how those tacyon echo-locators may work, noticing Feyna, and walking over to her:: CTO: Yes ma'am

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::does what the Captain asks:: CO: Message ready, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Transmit, use my level 1 encryption.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

Self: He probably cracked that.

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::adds the encryption and sends the message:: CO: Done, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Thank you Commander. Keep an eye out for any replies and route them to my personal station.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Captain? ::looks at him with concern:: CO: What are you planning, sir?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gives a quick glance at the work he was performing:: TAC: I'd like you to hand your work over to another officer. There has been a change to the duty rota, and I require you to perform bridge guard duty until otherwise informed. Thank you Ensign. ::Looks back down at her console, checking the ship readiness for about the hundreth time::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::turns around in his seat:: CO: Aye, sir. While we're sending things, before we enter the Badlands, I cracked the code Rolan was using. It can help Starfleet track down the rest of the bombers. I've prepared a message with the relevant information to send before we enter the Badlands.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks over at Danann:: XO: A very dangerous gamble, Commander.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks over at Lyon:: OPS: Well done Commander! Send it to Trill and the Starbase immediately.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: I'm appreciate more information than that, sir? ::tries to keep her voice neutral::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<del 1st "before we enter the Badlands">

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::turns back to his console:: CO: Aye, sir. ::attaches the appropriate headers and send the message::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Keeps her ears open, to try and overhear Rome's 'Dangerous Gamble' and if it's going to require extra Rome protection::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Nods his head over to the captain:: CTO: I guessed. Any recommendations on who to hand it to?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: This is not the time nor the place, Commander. This is one of those times you just have to trust me.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: If you pass it to myself, I'll reassign it to another bridge officer

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::sighs and finishes up the medical report for Danesh, deciding to wait until red alert is clear before relaying the news to the Captain::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::stares at CO, biting her lip, the knot in her stomach returning. Brow furrows for a moment.:: CO: I trust you. ::nods once::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

brings the ship to a dead stop:: CO: Captain. We are 15 thousand km from the edge of the Badlands.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Self: Trust him. ::Sighs internally::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Keep position. Start plotting safe routes through the area while we wait.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Lyon, open hailing frequencies.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Transfers the information to Feyna's console:: CTO: It may be fairly rudimentry... I didn't have a lot of time to work on it, and I'm not really familiar with the tech.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: If we get a signal, track it.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

CO: Aye, sir. ::starts plotting routes from the available information off sensors::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: I'll ensure someone in SCI gets hold of it then.  Please Ensign, take your position

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Hailing frequencies open, Captain.

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::clears his throat and crosses his legs:: *Adria*: I'm here.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Close hailing frequencies.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Suddenly shuts up, and gives her full attention to Rome and Adria::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::presses the control:: CO: Closed, sir.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Walks over to the side of the turbolift door, and guards it, whilst watching the viewscreen::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Sir, there was a momentary flurry of signals that stopped when you spoke.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::stands up and heads for the replicator before turning his head:: XO: Coffee?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::lets out an involuntary loud sigh, her mind preoccupied.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Track the origin.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::fingers flying over the controls:: CO: Already tracking, sir.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks up, caught in the middle of an unpleasant thought:: CO: Thank you, sir, yes. ::sounds guilty and surprised::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV>

OPS: Definitely cupholders.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Thinks that Rome must like his XO, that it took him a while before he got her tea::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::stops by the replicator:: Computer: Two Raktajinos, double strong. Shot of milk.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gives a single snort of amusement::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grabs the two cups and heads back to the command center and sits down, handing one cup to Danann::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Can't quite work out if being put on guard duty is Feyna trusting him or punishing him::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::accepts the coffee with a smile:: CO: Thank you, Captain. ::clears her throat and takes a sip:: CO: Your plan sir, I assume you're enlisting the help of a big bully to scare a smaller bully?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: Something like that....

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Self: And we get squished in the middle between them

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: And this... Dickson person... can we trust them? ::speaks quietly::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::frowns with irritation:: CO: Incoming hail from the Vonnegut, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

XO: No.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: On screen, Commander.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: No

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks back at CTO, surprised to hear her volunteer herself into a conversation::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::transfer the comm to the viewscreen then returns to his work:: CO: On screen, aye sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks at Joanne with a knowing nod::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks over apologetically:: XO/CO: Sorry......

 

<Capt_Harris>

::appears on the screen, looking even more tired:: *CO*: Captian Rome; we're in position, and awaiting further orders. How do you want to play this?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Shrugs:: CO: How could I not?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Can vaguely hear Feyna and Danann, decides to become a bit more cautious::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::resetting biobed readouts, prepping for casualties, again, for the 3rd time in what feels like as many days..::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Harris*: Keep an eye out on the perimiter....and watch our backs. First sign of trouble, inform Command and get the hell to safety.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::stands up and steps up the bridge towards CTO:: CTO: What can you tell me? ::leans on the side of her console::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks over to Rome for non-verbal permission before acknowledging Danann::

 

<Capt_Harris>

::furrows his brow some:: *CO*: Permission to use my own definition of 'trouble?'

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Hey, if I'm gonna be any use to this ship, I need to know.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Harris*: I'd expect nothing less, Udonis.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<CTO:>

 

<Capt_Harris>

::nods and gives a grim smile:: *CO*: Understood. Vonnegut out.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Realises he can't see her, and makes her own decision, speaking so quietly that only Danaan can hear::  XO: I can't say much.  But suffice to say, bad guy.  Terrorist.  Personal ...connection with the Captain.  So much so he tried to kill him.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Harris*: Godspeed.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::bites her lip again::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Lyon, open hailing frequencies once more please.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::heaves an internal sigh as he work gets interrupted again, but punches the buttons regardless:: CO: Go ahead, Captain.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: Fan-fucking-tastic... ::pats CTO on the shoulder, nods once:: CTO: Thanks, Jo.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Stops a moment:: XO: And very nearly succeeded. Which is how I originally came into the picture. I was....well, my previous bosses thought Rome might need some personal protection.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Adria*: Don't be coy sweetheart. I travelled a long way to see you.....oh, did I come at a bad time? ::motions for Lyon to cut the transmission::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: And he got stuck with me as his shadow

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::cuts the comm and sits back expectantly, waiting for the computer to finish it's job::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sips of his coffee::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: I'm glad you're here. ::says no more. Throws CTO a wry smile and heads back to the command circle::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Realises that some cloak and dagger shit is going on on this ship:: Self: Not my problem... ::Shaking his head:: dont say or do anything stupid... dont get involved...

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::smiles as the computer beeps at him:: CO: Captain. I've finished tracking the signals and it's a wide system of modified comms buoys hidden in the fringes of the plasma storms. ::looks over his shoulder:: We will have to go in closer to determine the central source.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Send the coordinates to Mr. Miller.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Murmers:: XO: I think I'm glad you're here too, for his sake

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::accesses his personal console and sends a transmission to Shuttlebay one::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: I can't say how much closer or even how far into the Badlands we need to go to find that central source, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Then we follow the goddamn trail, Commander.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sends the information over to the helm:: CO: Aye, sir. Following the goddam trail.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::smirks::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::takes a sip of his coffee, not aknowledging the jibe::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV>

::shoots a glance at his husband before plotting a route:: CO: Ready, sir.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: I really hope those beacons work and we catch this bitch.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Jo, how many of those bomber vests do we have onboard?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Self: Looks like we're going a'hunting....

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Engage, half impulse.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sighs, knowing he's reacting badly::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: One second sir ::Attempts to find the information::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: About a dozen

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV>

CO: Half ahead, aye. ::engages the engines::

 

ACTION: The Hyperion presses forward into the Badlands, the Vonnegut following behind at a distance.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Have them instal into a dozen torpedo magazines then.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Raises her eyebrows with a smile:: CO: With pleasure ::Gives the order::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Looks at the captain.... his mouth almost gaping open:: Self: Awww man....

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV>

::looks for the warning signs of erupting plasma plumes::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: As soon as you have one ready, fire it straight ahead. Then detonate remotely when safe.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sips her coffee, staying quiet as things progress, ready to step in when she's needed, if she's needed.::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Waits for confirmation that the first tube is loaded, and fires::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks over at a very quiet Danann::

ACTION: The Hyperion expertly navigates the dangerous filaments of fury filling the field.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Detonates the first vest remotely::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::stares out at the viewscreen, trying not to wonder if she'll ever get her head around Rome and his methods at all.::

 

ACTION: The Captain's console receives a notifcation from the shuttlebay.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks down and types a few commands:::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gives a small smile as the comms buoys flare to life, giving him what he needs:: aNAV: About 100km further in. ::speaks a little louder:: CO: Captain. Found the source. There is a blind spot on sensors but the buoys confirm the location.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::His head drops slightly because dangerous explosives are being worked on and he doesn't get to participate:: Self: So this is my personal hell...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Send the coordinates to Tactical. ::turns to Joanne:: CTO: Arm another one and fire it at those coordinates.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Aye, sir. ::transfers the information:: CTO: All yours.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: What's causing the blind spot, Rojer?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Nods over at him, and fires the second one towards the stated co-ordinates, detonating once arriving::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::smiles::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: You can do rude things to me which I will deny later if I did know, Commander. I'm still trying to determine that.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: You lost me at "rude thigs"... but keep trying to figure it out.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: I'm going to deny it now. Best guess it's a dampening field. It's too symmetrical for it to be natural.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::glances around at CO, up to CTO merrily working away at her station, then down to CO again:: OPS: See what you can do to cut through it... ::spoken absently as she watches CO::

 

ACTION: Sensors light up as a ship decloaks off the port side, firing a burst of plasma at the Hyperion before cloaking once more. The ship rocks slightly with the hits, but damage is minimal.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::Grabs the sides of his chair:: CTO: Report.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Braces himself on the wall::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sways to the side but remains standing. Has good space legs::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::pacing a bit before pressing comm badge - now or never..:: *CO:* Captain, permission to come to the bridge? I have some information for you

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*MED*: Come on up, Doctor. Bring your medkit.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

::mutters something in Nausican, making Rojer reach over to punch him::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::takes a sip of his coffee, a smile on his face::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

*CO:* Yes sir, on my way

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::entering turbolift, PADD and medkit in hand:: TL: Bridge

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: Aye, Commander. f I can get the visual my husband just gave me out of my head. Ask our doctor to bring some brain bleach. ::frowns at the pilot before turning back to his console::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::steps off of Turbolift onto the Bridge::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: The ship looks similar to the previous one that Adria...apprehended. And there is no way to confirm if the projectile exploded Sir

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Quickly turns to the turbolift door, before realising its Izzy and relaxing again::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Load the modified torpedoes into every other tube. Fire only when we have a clear shot.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Open...oh you know the drill.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: The ship and the Vonnegut have clashed sir, exchange of fire, but no damage.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: I have a shortcut for that, sir. ::taps the control:: Go ahead, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::feels more alive than in a long time::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Prepares to fire the vests when the time is right::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::steps over to CO, speaks quietly:: CO: Captain... I have to admit, I feel like I'm chasing after a run in my stockings here today. ::looks frustrated, trying to hide it:: CO: I need you to tell me what the hell you're playing at. I don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Adria*: Come now love, you wanted me.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

MED: Welcome to the bride Izzy.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::turns to Danann: XO: Commander, we're on the hunt.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CO: Captain, I.. have the report on Danesh here. He didn't make it, sir..

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

MED: Too bad. ::rarely registers the message, his eyes glued on the screen::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::is about to retort that she knew damn well they were on a hunt, but... stops mid thought on hearing MED's voice::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

::makes another course correction around a plasma plume::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks over at MED, waves her over to her, glaring for a second at the CO::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Recognises that distracted look on Rome's face, and realises she had better prepare herself::

 

ACTION: The Hyperion rounds the bend, coming upon the source of the signals, revealing what sensors could not: a large starbase, seemingly build out of the hulls or disparate vessels, with several small attack ships flying about the perimeter. They all make a bee-line for the Hyperion.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::steps over to XO::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Head shinks at hearing Izzy:: Self: Noooo ::Glares at the captain on hearing him::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

MED: Tell me what happened... ::speaks softly to the young doctor::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Errr, exactly what did you want me to fire at, Sir

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks at the starbase....as such:: CTO: Fire.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Fires at the starbase, using phasers to ward off the 'flies'::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

:;looks at the screen, giving a low whistle through his teeth:: aNAV: Odin's Outpost. ::referring to a similar structre from one of their favourite series of novels::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Fire two modified torpedoes. Strafing run.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

OPS: Indeed, but with more firepower.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Acknowledged ::Obeys Rome's instruction::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::stands up::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

XO: Yes Ma'am. He.. coded again for the 3rd time in as many days, the injuries were too much for him. It's all in the report

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

::turns his attention to keeping the ship on the best attack vector for the torpedoes::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Inform the Vonnegut to attack the leading defensive vessels.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::bites his lower lip::

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::reaches down to activate the external comms again:: *Adria*: Found you.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sends the message, a reply moments later:: CO: Captain Harris acknowledges, sir.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::rests her hands on MED's shoulders and nods:: MED: I know you did all you could, Doctor. PLease make sure I get a copy of the report. I'll.. ::looks at the viewscreen briefly:: MED: I'll be down to pay my respects later on...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Thank you Commander.

 

ACTION: The Hyperion and attack ships exchange fire, the Prometheus vessel parting the cloud as it makes for the starbase. The attackers come round to attack from behind, but are intercepted by the Vonnegut's pulse phasers, making short work of three of the vessels.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::grins::

 

ACTION: The Hyperion fires a pair of torpedos at the station, only the see them shot by multi-hued bolts of energy from the station itself. As it nears, it sees a pair of doors roughly patched into the side, which begin to open.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Watches silently at the viewscreen and enemy ships exploding whilst turning to see Izzy talk to Danann about Danesh, unsure what to think about::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Fire all torpedoes!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Fire all phasers, disrupt those countermeasures!

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::nods at the XO, glad for her compassion..:: XO: Thank you.. I'll make sure that you get it as soon as possible

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Fires everything they have::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

::mutters something else in Klingon and prepares to keep the ship out of the line of fire::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Adria*: Adria....::in a sing-song manner::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::lets her hands drop and smiles sadly at MED:: MED: As soon as.. this... is over, I'll write up a letter to his family. Perhaps you may wish to add some words to it, too.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Chuckles at Miller's Klingon expletive::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

XO: I'd be happy to ::smiles softly::

 

ACTION: The ship and station exchange a flurry of weapons fire; the Hyperion's torpedos are too numerous, and several strike home, causing brief gouts of flame to erupt from the station's structure. Meanwhile, a large, tubular vessel emerges from the doors, turning directly for the Hyperion.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sees the vessel and recognises it immediately:: CTO: Focus all our fire on that vessel!!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aNAV: Plot a course out of here!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: I think we are going to have a problem with that one Sir, tactically speaking ::Continues to fire, none the less::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: you think???

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Tell Harris to get the hell out of here after this run.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: You know me sir, stating the bloody obvious.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

CO: Already done sir.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

aNAV: About turn, fastest possible speed!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods at Danann::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

::punches it:: CO: Running like a scalded cat, Captain.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

Self: Where are you Dixon ?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Good....better that than dead.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sends the message to the Vonnegut::

 

ACTION: The unknown vessel powers weapons, baring a central canon. A hellish beam of golden energy erupts, punching through the Hyperion's shields and shearing one of the starboard nacelles clean off.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

MED: Excuse me... ::steps away:: CTO: Less chatter, more phasers!

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::is sent across the Bridge in a heap of limbs::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: I'm multitasking Si...::Makes a mad grab at her console to stop falling over::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

OPS: Vent all our excess antimatter!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::is thrown to the floor, skidding into a bulkhead and hitting her head::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::wipes blood from his lip as he attempts to stand up::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV Miller>

::grunts as Rojer is flung against him, the ship lurching drunkenly::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Gets thrown against the wall, almost embed his hand in the wall to hold on::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::clawing his way back to his part of the large console:: CO: Aye, sir. Venting! ::enters the commands::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::tries to keep her balance, gets out the medical tricorder and checks out the Captain, then Dannann::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::blacks out::

 

ACTION: The vessel lines up for another shot, sensors indicating it's aim a bit more central this time. The canon glows, read to rend the Hyperion asunder.

 

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::scans Dannann, checking for concussion::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Fire phasers at those antimatter storage units!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Presses the fire button::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::treats Danann for concussion, and swelling, trying to keep her hands steady::

<Capt_Harris>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage