U.S.S. Bremen - 11402.19, Mission #1

"Elding"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript  

Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman asCO Captain Rhodri Griffiths

Brian Bailey asXO Lt. V'Lor

CJ Short asENG Ensign Ilia sh'Torar

Andrew James asOPS Cadet Lora Inaji

and

Kyle Renaud asTAC Cadet Darloch

 

 

Mission Summary:

A civilian science team, while chasing ion storms in the Kalandra system, picked up unusual energy readings from the general direction of the 4th planet. Their readings were weak and sketchy, and could have been put down to a sensor blip, but they reported it anyway, just in case it was evidence of stranded crash survivors or unwitting settlers on Kalandra 4.

 

Kalandra 4, while being on the verge of M-class status, is nonetheless unsuitable for habitation as the storms cause huge electro magnetic disturbances in its thin atmosphere, rendering life on the planet all but impossible. The USS Bremen has been ordered to the area to brave the ion storms and discover the nature of the reading. We start off with the USS Bremen about 15 minutes out from the ion storm's far edge.

 

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<<<<Begin>>>>

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

 ::taps out a few commands on his chair console, picking a few of the current reports to check::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::nods some as the last of the simulations finish, and taps her badge:: *CO*: Engineering to bridge.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::taps his comm badge, still looking at the reports:: *ENG*: Go ahead, Ensign.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

:V'lor is going over latest Ion Storm Drill data on her PADD making sure the crew is ready to enter the chaos set before them. Satisfied wiith what she has seen. Sends the information to Capt. Griffiths with her Scottish accent:: CO: The latest data of the last drill, Captain.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::looks up and offers V'Lor a smile:: XO: Thank you, Lieutenant. What're your thoughts on the crew's readiness for the storms?

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::walks onto the bridge with a padd, returning to her station::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

*CO*: Sir, I think we have a solution for the shields. If we direct ionized plasma  through the deflector control conduits, we should be able to ionize the shields. Using the sensors, we can match the charge of the storms, and it should keep them at bay. We just don't want to get into a fight while we're doing it, sir.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::frowns slightly as he goes over sh'Tolar's idea, nodding slightly:: *ENG*: I like it, Ensign. Keep it ready, prepare the deflector as needed, and if push comes to shove and we hit something we're not too sure on we can give it a go. Good work.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Tilts her head with unVulcan slight smirk:: CO: They are ready. Excited about our first Mission.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::looks over to the Operations console:: OPS: Cadet, run a long range scan of the Kalendra system. See if we can get a weather report before dipping our toes in the water.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

*CO*: Understood, sir. Engineering out. ::takes her slip of latinum from one of the other engineers::

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::runs her fingers over the controls, preparing some probes for launch:: OPS: Aye Sir, running a scan now. Probes are also ready for launch, Captain.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

XO: As we all are I think, Lieutenant. ::grins slightly then turns back to Operations:: OPS: Thank you, Cadet. Once we drop out of warp, launch a probe every one million kilometres. I want our guide rope as visible as possible.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::takes her seat next to the captain pulling up her screen. Checking on all the decks report check ins from the heads. Eyebrow raised at Griff's commnet to her.::

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: Aye Sir. ::pauses:: Long range scanners indicate storms from level 4 to level 6, however there are enough gaps to be able to plot a relatively safe course. Relaying data to navigation.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::looks over at Darloch standing at Tactical:: TAC: Cadet, run a tachyon sweep once we enter the system and focus on the fourth planet. I want to make sure there's nothing ship-shaped out there, cloaked or otherwise.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV_Bleet> ::sits at the conn, excited about being on the bridge. Can't stop grinning::

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO: Yes sir no problem

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> ::receives data from OPS:: OPS: Thanks! ::turns around and nods enthusiastically, before widening his eyes, realising he's not looking where they're going::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::scowl at Bleet smiling like a Cheshire Cat:: aNav: Cadet are you smiling?

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::sits back in his chair and gets comfy, watching the viewscreen:: aNAV: What's our ETA, Mister Bleet?

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> XO: Yessir! Ma'am.. sir... er... ::gives up and gets back to work::

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::grins at Bleet's excitement and the XOs response from behind the command circle where it would be missed::

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> CO: Reaching the edge of the closest ion stormfront in 1 minute, sir... I'm aiming us for a calmest gap I can see, sir...

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

aNav: Sir will do. Good. The Captain asked a question on our ETA.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

ACTION: The Bremen's shields start to shimmer around the ship as those crazy little ions start to bounce off it in wisps.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> ::turns around and eyes the XO:: XO: I was thinking!

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::nods, giving V'lor a quiet glance:: aNAV: Thank you, Mister Bleet. ::looks over to Tactical:: TAC: Cadet, shields to full.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::whistles lightly as she steps off the turbolift, PADD in hand, making her way towards OPS::

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

OPS: Transfer auxiliary power to the inertial dampeners, see if we can make this ride a bit smoother.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO: yes sir

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::hands holding her seat in place as she ship starts to bounce enjoy busting the aNav a little. Reminding them on professionalism.:: aNav: That is Sir.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> XO: Yes, ma'am.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

:: switches shields to full

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::smiles disarmingly to his Second's chair, speaking quietly:: XO: A time and a place, Lieutenant. Status report from all decks, please.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::transfers power to the dampeners:: CO: Power transferred. ::turns her head and nods to ENG as she approaches::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

OPS: Here's the specs for that shield modification, should the Captain want it.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

:;in her mind that will do. Most get green crew ready and concentrated on the mission at hand.::

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

ACTION: The Bremen starts to shudder a little, before the inertial dampeners kick in to smooth out the ride a little. The view screen slights up with a shuimmerign veil of blues and greens as the storm rages silently around them

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::quite enjoys the vibrations in his chair:: OPS: Anything back from our scans of Kalendra IV, Cadet?

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO: shields starting to drain. Dtill in safe range yet Sir

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::takes the padd from ENG with a smile:: ENG: Thank you. ::looks over them:: Very clever. ::turns to the OPS console and launches the first probe along their path:: CO: No, Sir, monitoring.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::speaking quietly:: CO: There is never a good time and place, Sir.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::grins slightly:: XO: Perhaps, but some are better than others.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: No sign of any cloaked ships, but it should be noted the storms are interfering with scanner accuracy, Captain.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

::starts tac scan on system starting with planet 4

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::nods:: ENG/OPS: See what you can do to boost sensor efficiency in this swamp.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

ACTION: As the Bremen progresses, the ion storms shift, the corridor it was navigating closing in behind, and changing ahead, the storms intensify, shaking the ship violently.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::smirks back looking at her screen:: CO: Captain all decks reporting in. There is a minor injury a bump in the head in one of the science labs.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::grips his chair tightly as he rocks back and forth::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::moves over to the engineering console, and brings up the sensor specs::

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

Aloud: I hate storms. ::launches a second probe::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

OPS: I dunno, they're kinda pretty... ::grins and brings up the resolution grid::

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::glances over at Tactical:: TAC: Shield status, Cadet?

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

aNAV: Take us in nice and steady, Cadet.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> CO; yes ma'am!

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::frowns some:: CO: Sir, we have some serious hull stress on the lower decks. I suggest we implement that shield modification to compensate.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: Not pretty enough! ::diverts extra power to the sensors to see if it increases accuracy::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

:;Eyebrow rises at OPS's comment on Storms thinking how she hates storms messing with her Tee Time. Nearly laughs when hearing Griff being called Ma'am by aNav::

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO: still in safe range lower than id like tho will try to adjust modulation. Shields at 75% Sir

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aENG_Spanner> ::runs across Engineering *ENG*: Sir, we're getting requests for extra power to shields and to sensors! Which should we allow?

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::grins slightly:: ENG: Reinforce structural integrity on those decks and prepare the deflector. Let's see if we can punch our way through.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::cancels her power request as the shield reports come in::

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

:: Adjusts the deflecter to quicker rotating. Modulation

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::rubs her eyes lightly:: *aENG*: I wasn't aware it was an either/or proposition... Give the shields a boost, and see what you can do to reinforce the structual integrity field around the lower decks.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aENG_Spanner> *ENG*: Well, it is!

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::checking her readouts hands going over a few things.::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

*aENG*: No it's-... ::clenches her fists and takes a deep breath; she speaks through clenched teeth:: Shields.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> CO: Sir! We're approaching Kalandra 4 now! ::bounces in chair, though whether it's the storm, or his own giddiness, it's unclear::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::does what she can to reroute power from tractor control to the structural integrity field::

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::holds onto the chair, not daring to stand up right now in case the rocking intensifies:: aNAV: Find us a quiet spot to park please, Cadet. Standard...ish orbit.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

OPS: On screen.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: Captain there's a lot of electrical interference. The probes are showing energy readings across Kalandra 4, but I can't get a good reading. On screen.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV> ::sounds unsure of what constitutes "standard-ish":: CO: OK...

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Looks over to the screen::

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::watches the screen from his chair, frowning, wondering just what could be down there:: OPS: Launch an atmospheric probe, get us a close look at what's on the screen. Anything on sensors?

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

ACTION: The screen shows a planet in electrical chaos, great bolts of reactionary light shooting this way and that across its surface.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

XO: I can't imagine anything being alive down there. ::glances over to Tactical:: TAC: Cadet, any ships on the tactical sensors?

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::launches the probe:: CO: Waiting for new sensor data, Sir, one moment please.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

CO: Captain, deflector is ready, on your command.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Looks at this giant ball of light and chaos on the screen and looking down at her readout checking if everyone is fine.:: CO: The Universe Works in Mysterious Ways, Captan.

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

ENG: Fire her up, Ensign. See if we can't get a bit of piece from this incessant rocking.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::initializes the ionized shields::

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

ACTION: The Bremen's intense rumbling reduces to a mere purr as the ENG's modifications take effect.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO:  Nothing showing up that electrical field will make it hard to cloak anything

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::grins as things settle down, relaxing in his chair a little:: ENG: Nice work, Ensign! Keep a close eye on the modifications, we might need to make adjustments.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

*ENG* Good job, Ens. Sh'Tolar.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::fist pumps::

 

CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::chuckles at the fist pumping:: ENG/OPS: Now lets work on clearing up this sensor telemetry and finding out what's down there.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

:;taps her console with a frown, then taps it again:: CO: Sir... the probe is returning telemetry. Usually I'd expect random fluctuations, but this, it's too regular. Like an electrical heartbeat. It's almost... organic?

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

CO/OPS: We could probably configure some of these probes you guys love so much to act as a sensor array... like a not-so-very-large-array.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

ACTION: The atmospheric probe is engulfed in the electrical stroms on the planet, before a streak of lightening shoots upwards along the probe's comm link and blasts into the side of the ship. Consoles explode! aNAV is thrown to the ground! Smoke fills the air!

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: It wouldn't be the first time life has adapted to similar circumstances. The Ornarans and Brekkians, for example, ::is interrupted as the ship rocks::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::grips his chair tightly and rocks back and forth, doing the shuffle:: All: Report!

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

aNAV: Move us away from the planet!

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Eyebrow up with a surprise checking her consol on the reports:: CO: Great, in all the planets in the Universe this one has an attitude.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

All: Bleet! ::rushes to Bleet's side, checking for a pulse::

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO: shields 31% and falling

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::moves quickly to the Nav chair  after sending her checks to the Captain's counsol. She is  checking the Nav System as Ens Sh'Tolar is checking Bleet::

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: Sir, if there is a life form, perhaps something as simple as hailing... ::cuts herself short with worry it's a stupid idea::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::shakes her head at everyone else on the bridge, and hits her combadge:: *Sickbay*: Medical emergency on the bridge!

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

:: adjusting shield strength trying to boost from back up systems

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::console beeps:: CO: We've got an energy surge heading right for the main computer core!

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::moves back to her console as it beeps:: CO: Hull breach on deck 5; emergency force-fields in place!

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

OPS: Lock it down! Cut off the relays if you have to!

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::taps his comm badge:: *Sickbay*: Medical emergency on the bridge, transport Cadet Bleet to sickbay!

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

ACTION: Core gets partially fried, bringing navigation and external communication down.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: It's flowing over several decks, I don't think I can divert it all! ::starts shutting down relays and diverting routes away from the main core::

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<Sickbay> *CO*: Yessir! ::transports aNAV Bleet off the stricken bridge::

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

<move OPS line up before Action please>

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

TAC: Find out where those surges are coming from, and divert all power to the shields! ::stands up and makes his way around to the Operations console:: XO: Move us away from the planet, a safe distance!

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::grimaces, looking from the console to Inaji:: OPS: Where are these surges coming from? The storm, or the planet itself?

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

::Scans locations of last 2 pulses to determin whats the cause

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Taping controls on Nav System checking the ship's direction and moving the ship to a safe distance:: CO: Aye, Captain.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: From the planet, Sir. And it's moving.. it's activating the transporters!

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::looks around for sh'Tolar:: ENG: Damage report, Ensign. What've we got and what can we do?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::blinks:: OPS: OUR transporters? How is it doing that? Lock them out!

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: I think we have to consider the possibility this is a life form. I know, it sounds crazy, but this is too regular... it doesn't fit with normal scans of electrical patterns...

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<Transporter Chief> *CO*: Er.. Captain Griffiths to Transporter Room 1... ::sounds confused:: *CO*: Bring clothes...

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

CO: The surge is travelling through our ship. When I cut it off from the core, it moved to the transporters. ::taps her console:: Trying to shut it off now.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::raises an eyebrow slightly and taps his comm badge:: *Chief*: On my way, chief.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

CO: Navigation and external comms down, sir... uh, it looks like our probes served as lightning rods, and directed energy from the atmosphere to the ship!

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

:: attempting to adjust shields to deflect energy from pulses

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::steps over to the Turbolift:: XO: You have the bridge, Lieutenant. ::looks towards Tactical:: TAC: You're with me, Mister Darloch.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO: on my way sir

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

ENG: Looks like our rope was covered in oil. See what you can do to bring communications online, and shields back up.

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: See? This is why I hate storms.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::waits for Darloch to step into the TL then sends it hurtling for Transporter Room 1::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Nods:: CO: Aye, Captain ::takes the Captain's Seat.:: OPS: Get us a new Nav ASAP.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

::Quickly joins CO::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

CO: Already on it! ::taps furiously at her console, trying to reroute navigational sensors through the astrometric arrays:: OPS: I said they were pretty, not inviting!

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::wonders where the NAV catalogue is:: XO: Er.. yes Sir. *aNAV_Teelb*: Ensign Teelb report to the bridge!

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::steps off of the TL and walks quickly into the transporter room, glancing around to see what's brought him down here::

 

Host OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: Pretty annoying, perhaps.

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<aNAV Teelb> ::charges out of the bathroom and bolts for the bridge:: *OPS*: On my way!

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::would laugh, if they weren't under threat of being blasted apart by plasmic discharge::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Checking on the readouts and damage:: OPS: Thank You Cadet Inaji.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

::takes a defencive stance but is ready to help

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<Transporter Chief nods uncomfortably towards the silver-skinned woman, standing on the Transporter Pad as she curiously looks around::

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<Naked Silver Lady> ::smiles gently at the Captain, showing no shame at all::

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

::takes phaser and sets for stun but keeps it non threatining

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::shakes her head:: XO: I think I can get navigation back, but I'm gonna need to go to the computer core.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::clears his throat and looks at the woman, trying to hide his utter astonishment:: Woman: My name is Rhodri Griffiths, Captain of the Federation Starship Bremen. Who....are you?

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

ENG: Do it.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

::Gets ready to defend CO

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::rushes to the turbolift, hoping it doesn't break down on the way, and then hoping she didn't just jinx it::

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<Naked Silver Lady> CO: Who... are you? ::uses CO's inflection, suddenly looking surprised at the sound of her own voice:: CO: Who... who... are... you?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::tilts his head slightly, wondering if this creature even understands:: Lady: Can you speak? Do you understand us?

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::checking and managing reports on the repairs::

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<Naked Silver Lady> CO: Who... are you? ::smiles with interest::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::returns her smile, gesturing to himself with a hand on his chest:: Lady: I am Rhodri. ::gestures to her with his same hand:: Who are you?

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::rushes to the computer core, some kind of fancy tool in hand; flux coupler, we'll go with that::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::her hands going over everything:: Aload: Status Reports.

 

TAC_Cdt_Darloch says:

:: takes scanner and scans the lady while keeping eyes for any thretning moves

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<<<<Pause Mission>>>>

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage