U.S.S. Sentinel - 11501.26, Mission #27

"The Endless"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The Sentinel and the Artur have managed to slow their descent, although the ships still move inexorably towards the atmosphere and certain doom. It's a race against time to right their respective orbits and find out the cause of the disturbance which put them in this predicament...before it happens again.

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::in Main Engineering:: CEO: Status report!

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Flying the shuttle to the Artur, setting up the tractor beam::

 

<CEO_Kerman>

::taps away at the console hurriedly:: CO: I should be able t' give you impulse power in ten minutes, Captain.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::making some calculations about shuttle transporters, buffer patterns, how many at a time he could wing it at most...::

 

ACTION: The heavy shuttle moves into position within the atmosphere, coming up on a similar trajectory to the Artur

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@Self: Alright...here we go....::Starts the tractor beam:: This better work....

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*Bridge*: How are we looking up there, Bridge? We should have impulse back in 10 minutes.

 

ACTION: The tractor beam latches onto the Artur, speeding up its transverse velocity little by little

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: We will look much better when impulse is back, sir. And if we had power to our own transporters, but one rather outweighs the other.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: Artur is slowing. Orbital velocity increasing to match the shuttle. Looking good on that end, at least.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*OPS*: Understood, Lieutenant.  Ire at least buying them more time as well. Parker out.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: getting the final pieces of equipment needed for the surgery and paying half a mind to the PADD in her hand with details over the surgery required ::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*Shipwide*: This is the Captain speaking. All pilots to the shuttlebay. Launch and lcok tractors on the Sentinel and Artur to prevent further orbital decay.

 

ACTION: The tractor beam pulses, the intensity varying and cutting out as it pulls the Artur into a faster and more stable orbit.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::Strides out of Main Engineering into the dimly lit corridors of the deck, looking around::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Smiles warily:: Self: Working so far....come on....

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: Do not let those shuttles burn themselves out. Any time that can be bought is time well spent. Tell them to keep their transporters hot in case we need them; I'm working on an idea, but here is hoping it will not be necessary once Artur is stable and we have impulse.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*OPS*: Understood. Parker out. ::starts walking toward SIckbay, thoughts of the mission on his mind::

 

<CEO_Kerman>

CO: Sir, I think I have it! We're got impulse power! ::slams the 'engage' buttun, channeling built up plasma through the impulse field generators until the familiar hum warms his heart::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Throws her fist in the air:: Self: There we go. Stable orbit. *CO*: Captain, The Artur is now in a stable orbit.

 

<CEO_Kerman>

<*CO*>

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

Self: Well there we go then, nicely timed...

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*XO*: Fantastic work, Commander. ::hears the Chiefll be on the Bridge.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: tries not to jump three feet in the air :: CO: A-aye sir. Of course. :: thanks the Universe silently that she didn't drop the equipment. That would have been awkward. ::

 

ACTION: The procedure seems to be working, the bio monitor showing a rise in lifesigns, the fluid being drains relieving the pressure and the repair work being done fixing York's noggin

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Shakes her head:: TAC: They need damage control, not security....We're going to head back to the Sentinel. There's no more need for either of us. ::Starts flying back to the shuttle bay::

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::sends note down to the shuttlebay and engineering about sparing some hands to help Artur and using the shuttles::

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::Checking TAC panels, All lights green and security teams reporting. Standing by on high alert::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::walks out of the surgical suite and pauses in the corridor, leaning against the bulkhead and cupping his face in his hands, overcome for a moment:: Self: Thank the Gods.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

XO: Rodger that. ::Taps combadge:: @*Security Team*: Security teams Alpha and Beta report to the shuttle bay for Damage control and shipment to the Artur.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: continues working and praying that this doesn't go south. ::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::collects himself and heads for the nearest turbolift::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

TL: Bridge.

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

@::Pilots the shuttle back into the shuttlebay and lands, leaving it running so others can use it to give aid to the Artur.:: TAC: Come on, let's head back to the bridge. I think we need to pool our information.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: checks the osteogenic stimulator levels and bumps the level up by three percent ::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::steps out onto the bridge:: *Shipwide*: Senior Staff to the Conference Room.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: after noticing a drastic improvement, she removes the shunt and grabs the regenerator and close the hole. Surgery number one was most certainly a success. ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::Nods to the XO:: XO: Right behind you Commander

 

<CEO_Kerman>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-ChanServ- GM_James (SM_James) added GD_Tom to the access list (with role: aop).


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage