U.S.S. Sentinel - 11501.19, Mission #26

"The Endless"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The crew are working towards bringing the ship back into working order, with the CO down in Main Engineering overseeing the resurrection of the warp core while Lieutenant Baudin controls the bridge, investigating as far as they can the cause for their current predicament. With luck, they'll be back on their feet before they know it, and able to put their investigation into full effect.

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::in Main Engineering, tapping away at the console nearest the warp core::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

CEO: Thoughts, Mister Kerman?

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::tapping away at the other console, conferring with one of the technicians before he faces the Captain again:: CEO: We're ready to start, sir. We're still cut off from most systems and the batteries are going to need to charge, so to speak, but we'll have main power.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Is still going through ideas to get out of the current situation::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: triages and treats patients, keeping an ear out for any news on the current status of the ship ::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

CEO: Well keep an eye on the intermix ratios over here.  Give it a go.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::nods, then begins routing what little power he has through the M/AM reactor start sequence::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: All right, with luck--and we know how our luck normally runs--we should have power soon. When that comes, I will try to stabilize the ship. I want you to make sure we have eyes on everything going on outside this ship. Where we are, where the Artur is, where the planet is relative to both of that.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Lieutenant,

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

<Cut that out>

 

ACTION: A low hum reverberates through Main Engineering as the warp core begins to power up, slow pulses of light travelling up along the main core

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::settles himself at the NAV station, easing himself into the seat with a groan::

 

ACTION: Across the ship the emergency lights flicker on and a few consoles light up

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: I'm on it Lieutenant.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: I hope this cold start works.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

Engineering: So far so good, everyone.  Keep it coming.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: notices the flickering and grins :: Self: At least something is going well.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

Engineering: Crewman Tavoss, see if you can reroute power thorugh those secondary conduits. Well handle engines. Parker out.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

*CO*: Aye sir.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: reaches for a trauma kit and starts to attempt to relieve the cranial pressure, hoping it will be enough to restabalize Doctor York's life-signs ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Grumbles:: OPS: That's no' good.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: We're barely getting power back here, how the hell are we goin to get power to them.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Barely power back, and we can't go anywhere yet. Assuming they suffered the same as us, unless they manage to reboot their core the same as we did...

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Do you think if we could get power to the shuttle bay, we might be able to pull the Artur stable with a number of shuttles?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: At least slow them down...

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::turns to the CEO:: CEO: Are tractor beams up? If I got a lock on the Artur, that would shorten our time to hitting the gravity well, but lengthen theirs, yes?

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::frowns as he thinks, scratching his chin:: CO: It's possible, sir. If we can generate enough impulse plasma we could route it through the tractor emitters for a burst of power. Don't know how much you'd get, and they'd be useless afterwards until I could replace them.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: It might work, thats assuming the shuttlebay hasn't depressurised, and that the shuttles have power themselves.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::shrugs:: Computer: What is the status of the shuttles?

 

ACTION: York's vital signs climb a little bit and plateau, the cranial pressure relieved for now.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Although.... They were offline at the time.... EMPs have less of an effect on electonics when they're offline.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Thats if the principle is even remotely similar...

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: breathes a silent sigh of relief and sets the biobed monitors to alert medical staff if life-signs decline again before stepping away to treat other patients ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::grins sheepishly as he coordinates repair efforts:: CO: Sorry, sir, haven't got full computer control working yet.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: At the moment, that is all we have to go on. This so far seems to have worked much like an EMP. ::looks to see if he can tell the status of the shuttlebay::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

CEO: No no, itm going to see if we can get the tractor beams up.  Do we have any method to communicate with the Artur?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: I can make my way there if you want sir? Set up a program between the shuttles, if they work.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: Their comms must still be down. A tractor beam would be lovely. We are thinking of trying to utilize the shuttles--might give us some extra power?

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*OPS*: Sounds like a plan. Im heading for tractor control. Reroute whatever remaining impulse plasma wes complete.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::isn't looking forward to replacing those emitters:: CO: Yessir, take Davies there with you, he's our Tractor specialist. :;points to the jittery young Crewman::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: How so? Even if we get a message to them, what would it be? 'Restart your warp core, please'?

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::nods, hoping the pips donve got a ship to save.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS:No sir. That we haven't given up hope. And have an active plan afoot.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<ENG_Davies>

::shivers to attention, salutes, then nods and heads into the service access for tractor control:: CO: This way, Sr!

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::gives a little nod:: SCI: Get down to the shuttles then; I'll see what engineers I can pull to help you. I will stay here if the tractor beam works, or in case we get navigation back.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

Davies: Doubletime, soldier! ::crawls after the eager crewman:: Davies: Get this tractor up, Crewman, and youre through here.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Nods back:: OPS: You know how to reach me if you need me sir. ::Enters the turbolift:: TL: Shuttlebay! 5 minutes ago.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CEO*: I want as many people as you think you can spare in the shuttlebay pulling what power you can out of them. Ensign Hamlet will meet them there.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<ENG_Davies>

::heads along until he reaches the right junction, pulling the panel off the wall and beginning his work:: CO: On it, Sir!

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CEO*: And get those bay doors open if you can.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Moves quickly towards the shuttlebay::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CEO*: Secondary. Power first.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: after treating a few more people, she wanders back over to York's biobed and doesn't like what she sees. He needs surgery, and this is so far beyond her training. But one makes do as one can. ::

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Exits the turbolift hastily as the doors open, sprinting to the shuttlebay::

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::keeps working, his fingers a blur over the console:: *OPS*: You've got it, Vikram! I have a damage control team nearby, they should be able to pilot a shuttle.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Steps into the shuttlebay, looking around::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::Watches Davies work, nodding as he goes:: *MED*: Ensign, we may have more casualties in off the Artur soon. How is Sickbay and Doctor York holding up?

 

ACTION: One of the damage control crewmembers waves over at Stradiot from beside a prepped shuttle

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

*CO* Sickbay's gotten calmer and Doctor York's condition has stabalized, for now. :: preps a surgery kit and a PADD with helpful info ::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Quickly jogs over to the prepped shuttle:: Crewmember: Status report,

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Runs into the shuttlebay::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

XO: Ensign Hamlet here sir. ::Panting::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Nods:: SCI: Glad you could make it.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<Crewman_Doyt>

XO: Sir! We're just prepping the shuttles for launch, we're having to do it by hand. There won't be any docking navigation either so that'll need to be done manually.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

XO: Oh, I'm getting too old to run around like a freshman. Whats our status sir?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

Doyt: Good work. Let me know when it's ready to go.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<ENG_Davies>

::grins trimphantly as something snaps into place:: CO: We're all set up here, sir. We get one shot with the tractor and that's it.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

SCI: Waiting on the shuttle to be ready, That's basically it.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<Crewman_Doyt>

XO: Climb aboard when you're ready, Commander. We'll be done in 30 seconds.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::taps his comm badge:: *CO*: I've managed to generate some impulse plasma and have finished routing it to tractor control. Fire when ready, sir.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

XO: Do you think you could transport me to their Bridge when we're in range?

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*OPS*: Lieutenant Baudin, Is hope this works!

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

Self: Lets hope this bloody thing gets off the deck, and those doors open.

 

ACTION: Impulse plasma is forced through places it isn't meant to be forced, and the Sentinel's tractor emitters fire in a sickly orange glow. But the beam lances out through space, latching onto the Artur's forward hull for a brief second to halt it's momentum through space, dragging the Sentinel along with it for 3, 4, 5 seconds before the emitters die and the beam dissipates.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::looks over at Davies:: Crewman: I think it just went back offline.  What happened?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Turns:: Doyt: Let's get going.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<Crewman_Davies>

CO: That's all she wrote, sir. The emitter isn't meant to handle impulse plasma, it's blown.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

XO: Did you feel that?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Frowns:: *CO*: What happened, sir?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: Sir, I think you blew the emitters.  But we raised her 10km, slowed her some.  I estimate she's at 45 minutes, which is a damn sight better than before.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

::taps his comm badge, reading off the diagnostics:: *CO*: It looks like it worked sir, although the tractor is useless now. We have 5 or 6 seconds of reliable contact.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::claps Davies on the back:: Crewman: Good work, Davies. Come find me when all of this is done. ::starts backing his way out the Jeffries Tube:: *OPS*: Thatll get, it appears.

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<Crewman_Doyt>

XO: She's all yours, Commander. I just fix 'em. ::grins sheepishly::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: Then it is up to the shuttles to do the rest of the work. Until the Artur is back on her feet. And until we have control of our own ship.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: reads the PADD of info and realizes that this is about to get complicated ::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Rolls her eyes and unstraps to seat herself in the pilot's seat:: Self: This is what happens when you put a doctor in a pilots chair....here we go. ::Starts to launch the shuttle::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Looks sheepishly at the commander:: XO: If you drive anything like my wife......

<XO_Cmdr_Stradiot>

::Glares at the SCI::

 

<CEO_Lt_Kerman>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage