U.S.S. Sentinel - 11501.12, Mission #25

"The Endless"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The USS Sentinel remains without power, although there is a plan in motion to regain it. For now, however, it seems the the various parts of the ship are cut off and the Chief Engineer Kerman has let the Captain know that the ship is falling out of orbit, as is their counterpart the USS Artur. Can the Sentinel crew save themselves and the Artur? Only time will tell...

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Any luck figuring out what might have caused this?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Is still using the console powered by the phaser power cell, trying to get some lights on:: OPS: Not as of yet sir. Sensors didn't get nout, and we're still isolated.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: ducks around various people who are going back and forth through the now-opened door as she tries to find another Jeffries tube ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::Checks status of panels across the bridge:: Self: Damn..

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: I'd say we're pretty shagged to be honest..... But fear not! We will think of something.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

Self: Just need some real pissin' power.....

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Just words for now, I'm afraid.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

SCI: Have you tried depolarizing the energy cell? It should give you a good burst of power.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: manages to find one by complete accident and crawls in, following it wherever it went, which turned out to be Sickbay. ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Pulls out a tricorder to scan the power unit, to gauge how long it will last::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

TAC: It may work, for a brief flash, but we need something more stable and reliable.....

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::Smashes a phaser on the floor, sifts through the pieces and grabs the power cell:: SCI: Maybe if we chain a few of them together and then patch them through the beam emitter it could give us a more reliable source. ::Tosses the Cell to Hamlet::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Looks over at Baudin at another dismantled phaser as he catches the power cell::

 

ACTION: The young Doctor and her retinue pour into the Sickbay, which has at least some portable generators and a lot of sick, hurt people.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

Self: Well, there certainly aren't enough beds... ALL: Someone start booking non-critical patients into the morgue. If they can walk, they can prop up the walls. How many teams are there right now? :: takes and breath and goes right into the fray. Literally ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Plants the power cell on the console, and begins accessing the database::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS & TAC: We need to find out what can cause us to completely lose power in this manner and match it to what ever little information we have and were able to take up to the moment.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

SCI: Any chance we can do a sensor burst? And maybe get a read out?

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Console fizzles as a link is established to the external sensors. Hamlet stands gobsmacked, patting the console:: Console: Thank you. We ask and we do recieve....

 

ACTION: Some of the crew place Commander York down gently on a biobed.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::Smiles momentarily:: ALL: Ha! SCI: What do you see Hamlet?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Begins as extensive an external scan as the power supply can survive::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

Self: Right then. Time to get to work. :: finds the most severely injured person and moves to help. The patient is a crewman who managed to incur a ruptured spleen. Thankfully, that's the worst ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Anything on where we and the Artur are and how rapidly the ships are going down would also be very nice. Whatever you can give us.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

OPS: Baudin, If Im not mistaken this planet is very similar in mass to Earth right?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

All: Well..... the bad news is we have 90 miutes left until we start aerobreaking on the atmosphere. And the really shite news, is the Artur has at most 65 minutes.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::sighs and winces:: SCI: Well, I asked for news...did not ask it to be good.  TAC: I believe so. What do you have in mind?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: I'll try and get anything out of these sensors that I can find sir. I just hope whatever we're looking for CAN be detected by our sensors.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

OPS: If the planets density is similar to Earth, we could try to rapidly depressurize the cargo bay. Maybe it would be enough to blast us into a geosynchronous orbit. But there is no way to tell for sure

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

TAC: But that is not something we could do without power. Or at least communication with anyone in the cargo bay.  And that does not help the Artur, either. Still, a better idea than nothing at all.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Throws the second power cell to Rilu:: TAC: Can you try and get power to another console, so we have some bridge controls. Perhaps the command console, for a worst case scenario and captain or the lieutenant here need it.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Anything else, Mister Hamlet? Are we severely damaged, or was it an EMP-like burst? Did something perhaps sap us of all our strength?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Still looking sir.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::Nods his head at OPS:: OPS: It was worth a shot. ::Catches the cell:: SCI: You got it. ::Goes over to the command console and hardwires in the cell::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: I'm scanning for spatial anomalies, energy disturbances, subspace dampening fields... hopefully I'll have something in a moment sir.

 

ACTION Sarissa's patient's lifesigns begin to fluctuate - there's heavy internal bleeding.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

Self: Damn. Okay, this is going to have to be done the hard way. :: reaches for a trauma kit to stabalize the patient. ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Goes over the sensor scan again:: OPS: The sensors are indicating that our power reserves are drained. I'm getting more from internal scans on the state of the ship though, they will not fill you with joy sir.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: That does not surprise me.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::The console flashes to life, Begins to swipe through the data display:: OPS: Ay, I'm reading the same thing here L.T. Reserves are drained, all power aboard the ship has been.. Well sucked away. Still no read on the cause.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI/TAC: Someone needs to tell me what CAN cause the power of two Federation starships FILLED to burst with power, and backups, and backups of backups, to blink out of existance in a matter of seconds.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Half the neural relays between the various sections of the ship are basically dead...pretty sure engineering must have patched us back in to the network somehow. Good news, is all of the shielded systems are fine; artificial gravity, life support, y'know... but they're at tertiary power levels....

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Let me guess - that will not last long. Can you access databases that might give us any clues? A point in the right direction?

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

SCI: Are you suggesting there was an intelligent force behind this?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: I'm bloody trying sir. Could be sodding anythin' at the moment, whilst scanning I had the parameters of our experience searching in the database... it's got alot of material to look through with not alot of power between us and the main computer.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

::Scanning thew console:: OPS: L.T.! I've got something!

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

TAC: Am I going to like this even less?

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

OPS: No sir, It's a lead!

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: the patient's life signs are still erratic, but at least stable enough for surgery. She steps aside for a moment to tie her hair back before returning to the patient ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

TAC: At this point, Ensign, I will take whatever good news we can get. What is it?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Keeps searching the database for probable causes::

 

ACTION: The lifesigns of the patient stabilise, but there's now a lot more blood on the biobed that before.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

OPS: Whatever hit us was definitely a Plasm-electric wave that originated from these coordinates n the planets surface. ::Motions for OPS to look:: OPS: It seems to be some sort of structure, origin unknown, No read on lifesigns either.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

Self: What's the old human phrase... "It gets worse before it gets better" or something like that. ::continues to work and hopes that everyone else is doing fine ::

ACTION: The Sickbay is a buzz of activity, crewmen limping in from nearby supported by others or just stumbling through the doors on their own.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

TAC & OPS: Well isn;t that peachy...

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::comes over to see over Rilu's shoulder:: TAC: So you're saying this wave was manmade. Deliberate.

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

OPS: Not certain. All I can tell is that it was artificial.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Turns around in his seat:: OPS: Could be bloody Iconian....

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

SCI: Do you think so? Some sort of planetary defense system?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

TAC: I'm just spitballing... but that does sound like what they do from the experiences of the Enterprise....

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

Self: But when they encountered an Iconian Outpost it infected them with somekind of computer virus....

 

<TAC_Ens_Rilu>

SCI: Possibly automated and abandoned? OPS: L.T. What do you think?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI/TAC: Does that help us figure out how to keep from falling out of the sky? Let's leave the speculation for when we have the tools to confirm or deny and focus on our ships. But good work in finding the leads you have. We ahve something to work off of.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: as she continued the surgery, she noticed more and more people walk in, so she turned to the nearest crewmen :: Crewmen: Hey, can you guys organize the patients into something resembling a triage system?

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage