U.S.S. Sentinel - 11501.05, Mission #24

"The Endless"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The Sentinel has been struck by some sort of energy dampening field which has left the entire ship without power, crippled in the orbit of a Klingon planet with the USS Artur along for the ride. The crew are in different sections of the ship, cut off and unable to communicate with anyone else. It's up to the ingenious crew to work on getting things up and running once more, hopefully

 

<GM_James>

in time to stop whatever caused this from happening again.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Looks obviously puzzled at the predicament they're in:: Self: Hmmmm, blasted technology, why've ya gotta shite oot?

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::standing next to The Big Chair(tm) on the Bridge::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: Picks her way between cargo containers and asks individual crewmembers how they and their colleagues are doing, all while trying to figure out a way to get the doors open enough to move the more seriously injured people to Sickbay ::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: I am not much of an engineer, sir, but if there is still some power left down in engineering, maybe there is a way to do...something with that. Draw what little is left elsewhere, jumpstart the ship? ::shakes head::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

ALL: Does any'ne have a phaser? I wanna try and power the sensor console a moment, see if they picked up anythin'.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::turns to SCI:: SCI: Check the locker by the Ready Room. ::points in the dark::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Nods:: CO: Thank you Cap'n. ::Plods off to the ready room::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

OPS: I agree, Lieutenant. Until I can locate where our XO headed off to, take point on interfacing with Engineering to get these systems back online. Do the best you can.

 

<GM_James>

<ENG_Ens_Shoa>

::winces as she stumbles over, clutching her obviously pregnant stomach:: MED: S-sir? I...I hurt myself during the crash, and I'm getting pains...Please...::tears glisten in her eyes under the light of the torch::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Opens the locker, and checks for a phaser::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: looks up and silently curses:: ENG_Shoa: It'll be alright. This should help for now, but we're working on a way to get to sickbay :: loads a hypo of painkillers and injects it :: There. Are you feeling a bit better?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::has to wonder if the XO isn't severely injured or dead. but he'll keep those thoughts to himself:: CO: Aye. With communication down, we cannot get in touch with whoever is down there, but perhaps we could throw a few more batteries at a station to tap in. Or go down and coordinate ourselves. ::which he wouldn't look forward to::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Wouldn't want to waste them all, though.

 

<GM_James>

<Ens_Shoa>

::continues to wince and shakes her head:: MED: A little...but it's been hurting every few minutes since the accident...I think....n-ngh...it feels like I'm in labour.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Grabs a phaser from the locker, and dashes off to the sensor console:: OPS & CO: I'll just use the one. We may need them other ones for their intended purpose.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::nods in the dark:: OPS: See if you can get a console up. Work with Ensign Hamlet.

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

ENG_Shoa: The doors will be open soon and you can get to Sickbay. :: smiles and turns to confer with a crewman who thinks he can lever the doors open, all the while keeping her tricorder open and scanning anyone in the vicinity, including Ensign Shoa ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Pries open the panel and begins inspecting the inside of the console, looking for the correct nodes to try and connect the phaser's power unit to::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::starts to sigh but winces and makes his way over to Hamlet:: SCI: Need me to take a look? We do not need you to shock yourself unnecessarily.

 

ACTION: The power unit sparks a little as Hamlet connects it to the wrong node, a burst of acrid smoke gushing from the conduit.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Coughs:: Self: Bollocks! Knackers! And Bloody Goolies!

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

Self: Shite and Arse! And all the colours of the pissin' rainbow!

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::looks around the dim bridge, finally locating the XO, slowly srouching his way over to her and checking her pulse::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Or poke around until you happen on the right one. ::a mild chuckle turns into a pained cough::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Coughs again:: OPS: Sorry Lieutenant. Sometimes, it jus' has to happen!

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Even if we get a glimpse of what happened...do you suspect that will help us fix our power situation?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: If I kill myself, tell my family I love them. ::Continues searching for the correct node:: Console: Come on little fella, where ar'ya?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

<Before OPS>

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Well, if we know what happened, we may know where to start. And thats a damn sight better then bumblin' aroond in the dark.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

ALL: XOs okay, but unconscious.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: the crewman managed to get the lid from a cargo container, but is having trouble getting it wedged between the two halves of the door. A few people move to help him and Sarissa continues to scan people and treat who she can ::

 

ACTION: The crewfolk manage to get the cargo bay doors wedged open enough for people to get through, and it seems lodged open safe.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Seems like our luck. ::it's good luck, he means. she could've been dead, after all. a lot of people could have.:: SCI: The nodes you're looking for should be in the back if it is set up anything like mine. Once you have it hooked up, it might do us good to keep this station lit. Something better than nothing. Might be able to spread some sparse power around the bridge systems...

 

ACTION: With another spark from inside the console, the entire thing lights up and shows the engineering readout and MSD.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::turns to the MSD, taking a look::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Aye, I'd thought of that. But, one step at a time Lieutenant.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

ALL: Okay, some of you grab the unconscious people and lift them, gently! Everyone else, if you can walk, come to Sickbay if you need to. If you don't, check with your superior officers. :: turns to Ensign Shoa and gestures to the door in a poor attempt at humor :: ENG_Shoa: Shall we?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

SCI: Excellent work, Ensign.

<GM_James>

<ENG_Shoa>

:;grimaces, but nods and clutches to one of the other crew for support as they work their way through the door slowly, the corridor outside looking just as dark::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

ALL: Well, at least we have light, but this doesns even running low. We need to figure a way to get the warp core and some sensors online first, I think.

 

ACTION: The XO's comm badge crackles with static

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

OPS: Thank you sir. I dunno how long it's gonna last. You take engineering, I take sensors? Divide and conquor?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::studies the readings with a frown:: SCI: Sounds like-- ::distracted by the combadge::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: makes her way down the corridors and stops to provide treatment to the injured she sees along the way. Thankfully, most aren't injured too badly, but some are injured just enough to need the resources in Sickbay, so she directs them that way ::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Notices Baudin get distracted, nodding at him, hastily accessing the sensor reports before the power unit fails.::

ACTION: Soon enough, a small squadron of crew are following the young Doctor's progress through the ship.

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::taps his commbadge:: *MED*: Captain to Ensign Sarissa. Test!

 

ACTION: The test fails, but the XO's comm badge crackles again briefly.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: turns to the people in the corridor behind her :: ALL: I'll need some help to get this door open.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

Self: I bledy hope these sensors saw somethin'....

 

ACTION: A couple of burly security officers move over and take a look, hitting at the panel for a minute before trying to force the door open. They spend a little while at it before shaking their heads, a little flustered. It isn't going to move.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Comms should still be down. Perhaps her badge is just busted. ::not like he's keen on moving from this spot if he doesn't have to, trying to see what he can do about engineering from up here on the power they've got::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

OPS: Yeah.. more just hoping. But Ire okay on the bridge. Priority is power.

<CO_Capt_Parker>

::hands the badge to Baudin::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: climbs out of the Jeffries tube a bit away and finds herself in a corridor similar to the one she just left :: ALL: Does anyone need medical treatment?

 

<CEO_Kerman>

::lets out a sigh of relief:: *CO*: Finally! Captain, we have a tiny bit of power down here. Whatever it was drained everything from every single system, and in the same of a few microseconds. We've managed to route one of the gravity batteries to a console in engineering, and I rigged up this little radio transmitter to the Commander's comm badge Ess Tee Ay but that's the best we have

 

<CEO_Kerman>

right now.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

Self: Explains why it's her badge...

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*CEO*: Give me some news, Chief. Estimates on power?

 

<CEO_Kerman>

::scratches his head as he looks down at one of his girls tinkering under the console they have running:: *CO*: We're pulling power where we can, I'm hoping to have enough to cold start the warp core within the hour. But we've got bad news and worse news. External pressure sensors show that we're falling out of orbit....

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: a few people need help, but claim they can wait. A tricorder scan confirms a few broken bones and one case of internal bleeding. All the more reason to get that door open. As she turns to it, she speaks over her shoulder :: ALL: If you can stand and walk around, would someone mind giving me a hand with this door?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

*CEO*: How long would it take to modify the deflector dish or somewhere on the hull into some kind of solar capaciter, try and eek anything oot, or would that be wildly unfeasable?

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

*CEO*: Do what you can, Chief. I have faith. Ill do what we can from here.

 

ACTION: One firm pull on the release lever opens the doors just a few inches, but it's enough for the security guards on the other side to grab and start pulling. Shortly after, it's back open again.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

::Trails off:: Self: Torpedo warhead.....

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

Self: Got to be somethin'....

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

ALL: Okay, if you're wounded, get to Sickbay. If you can't walk, call for help and keep yelling until someone helps. I've got to keep moving and see to the other sections. :: stops long enough to provide a hypo to the case of internal bleeding ::

 

<CEO_Kerman>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage