U.S.S. Hyperion - 11410.13, Mission #24

"The Patrol"


<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

Summary: OK... so! Suicide bombers... more than one. Oh no! We have one in custody, a Kivan, who seems more like a pawn than a ring-leader. He seems to have a certain reverent awe for the "genius" behind these bombings. Who- or whatever he is, appears to believe that blowing Mizarians up is the only way to wake them out of their pacifist lethargy.

 

<@XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

Meanwhile! The Hyperion is trying to find a way to stop, or at least minimise the damage the subspace bombs could do to Mizar and the surrounding regions of space.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::stands on the bridge, looking around:: CTO: Jo, I want you down with Kivan in the brig. See what else you can get from him about this "leader" guy he mentioned to me.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::turns and trots up to CTO's console, resting a hand on her arm:: CTO: Take it easy with him. He's not the shrapest. Amd bring Douglas with you. I think he needs to learn how to extract information wihtout yelling. ::winks::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: Easy? That just seems boring. ::Raises an eyebrow at Danann::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::looks around the transporter room:: Miller: Well, our stuff should be beamed directly to the Cargo Bay. Let's get to the bridge. ::nods to the transporter chief and heads out the door::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::steps off of the transporter pad, feeling the adrenaline rush from earlier starting to fade, heading towards TL:: TL: Deck Seven, main sickbay

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: Well, by all means, keep yourself amused... ::looks at CTO for a moment, before breaking her gaze and dropping her hand:: CTO: Just find out what you can.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Ensign Tavy leaves the security office, and Soule stood there, looking rather dumbfounded and dizzy:: Self: W...whaa...What just happened?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gives her a proper smile:: XO: Course I won't break him. I know how to interrogate. ::Leaves the bridge, heading to the brig::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::pauses outside the TR and looks left and right::: Miller: Love, which way to the lift?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: I should go to the Brig, and grill me some pacifist, whilst pondering what just happened.....I'll that....

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Cmdr_Miller>

::chuckles and points to the right:: OPS: That way. ::steps around his husband and heads for the lift::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Heads down to the Brig::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::raises an eyebrow:: Self: I bet you do... ::trots back to the command circle::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::TL opens, she steps out and enters Sickbay::

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Overhears the XO as she leaves the bridge, spinning round and giving her a look as the doors close::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sighs and follows:: Miller: You're never going to let me forget that, are you? ::the question is just answered by an evil chuckle:: Thought so.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Nurse Wotesh: How did things go while I was gone?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks down at aNAV's console:: aNAV: You wanna correct our position, Ensign. I don't want us entering the atmosphere, remember? ::taps a few buttons and corrects the error herself::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Hides the fact the XO made her flustered as she exits the TL and walks to the Brig door::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Wotesh>

MED: Lt. Flixiprax is close to budding, sir. He seems really excited.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Leaves the security office in time to catch Feyna walking to the brig. He looks confused at her, with no less than half a dozen lipstick stains on his face:: CTO: Hey leftenant.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::steps off the lift after a short ride:: XO: Commanders Lyon and Miller reporting for duty, albeit kinda late.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks up, double taking at Douglas:: TAC: Looked in a mirror lately Ensign?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CTO: Uhhh, nooo? Why?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::turns, spots the two rather handsome men entering the bridge. Contains her smile:: OPS/Miller: Welcome on board, boys! ::points at OPS: Lemme guess... you're the brains, and he's the flyboy?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Wotesh: That's wonderful! Is there a hatchling nursery prepared?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::grins:: XO: Got it in one, Commander.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: Before you go in there ::Gestures with a tilt of her head:: Sort out that ::Gestures with a circlar motion in the direction of his face::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Wotesh>

MED: We just finished it. ::grins:: MED: Even have those little brushes for detangling their wings. They are... ::grins again:: MED: So cute.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Miller>

::groans:: OPS: You got lost on the way to the bridge, remember?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::laughs:: OPS: Great. Well, I need you to help me figure out how to contain... several subspace explosive devices, and you ::turns to Miller:: Miller: Wanna keep us from crashing into the planet below?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Follows Feyna's gestures, looks at a reflective computer panel to see the state he's in:: CTO: Oh shit..... ::He begins to vigorously wipe the stains off his face, standing straight and trying not to blush:: Sorry Ma'am.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Miller>::nods:: XO: Aye, aye. ::walks down to helm control and taps the aNAV on the shoulder::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Wotesh: Excellent, and how's the father doing?

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: That looks like oil based lipstick, you might need more than scrubbing to get that off

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::goes to check on the hatching pond, and the parent::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::walks over to the XO:: XO: So, subspace explosives, huh?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

Miller: Brilliant. I had no plans to go back to that planet today. ::turns to OPS:: OPS: OK... We had started to work on the theory that a limited warp bubble might help invert the effects of a single explosion, but... then we discovered ::walks over to OPS's console, pulling up the data:: OPS: That there were more than one bomb strapped to more than one mindless idiot.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Grimaces:: CTO: Ohhh man. I do not make a habit of this ::Points at his face.:: May I ask Leftenant...Why are women crazy?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: And we have no idea where the rest of them are. Jo is working that angle. We need a way to halt the explosive process or contain it. ::leans on his console like she's known him forever:: OPS: Go!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

MED: I've changed my mind!!! ::winces as another series of pains hit him::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Tilts her head at him in contemplation:: TAC: Not the right person to ask.  Go sort yourself out.  ::Heads into the Brig::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Hangs his head as he runs off to a bathroom:: CTO: Be right back ma'am.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Flixibrax: Breathe, you're doing great. ::mops his forehead, if you can call it that, with a cloth::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: And they are all down on the planet? ::settles at his console, flashing a smile at Ethan::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

::sits silently and worried in the brig::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: That, we can't even be certain of.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Walks in, and looks silently over a Kivan, before quietly pulling a chair to in front of the forcefield::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: Oh, joy. Mind if I read up a little more about subspace weapons?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: By all means. ::hops her hip off the edge of his console:: OPS: But the clock, literally, is ticking.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

::looks up gingerly:: CTO: I don't know you.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Gives his face a thorough scrub, whilst looking at himself in the mirror chittering to himself:: Self:I do hope Feyna or Danann dont give me a colonoscopy for this....wasn't my fault this time.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: Thank you for not putting any pressure on me. Crash course coming up, pardon the pun. ::ignores Ethan's snicker and reaches over to slap him lightly on the arm without looking::

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Smiles at him in a friendly way:: Kivan: Nope, but hopefully we will know each other soon.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::notices the first one starting to emerge:: Flixiprax: I see a head! keep up the good work, push!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

MED: YOu have no idea what this feels like! My back is on fire! ::shudders, his wings flapping in pain. Knocks over a medical trolley:: MED: Ouch!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::winces:: OPS: I see you two are gonna be a hoot...

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Miller>::looks over his shoulder:: XO: Fifteen years together does that, ma'am.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sits ion the XO's chair, looking over that the empty CO's chair, frowning:: Miller: Keep an eye on the main port thrusters. They've been giving us a bit of hassle recently.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Finishes un-tarting himself:: Self: Better? Better. Right, back to work. ::Leaves the bathroom and jogs to the brig::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Miller>XO: Aye. I noticed that.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Wotesh: rub his back and give him 10 ccs of Asinolyathin, that should take the edge off

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

::swallows:: CTO: I won't tell you anything, you know. ::shakes::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Stands, as if to shift her chair, and takes down the forcefield:: Kivan: I didn't ask anything. I'm just here for you to talk to

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Wotesh>

::jumps out of the way of another wing swoosh:: MED: Yes ma'am. ::grabs the meds and gives them to Flixiprax... the spelling of whose name I am beginning to regret, here::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Stops before he enters the brig, composes himself, slaps himself across the face to get his moodiest expression, and finally enters::

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::attempting to keep flixiprax from knocking over anything else and injuring himself and emerging infants::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::pulls up the relevant information, scouring the databases for anything with relevance::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Turns her head at Douglas' entrance, and tries to convey with a look, that he keep quiet and unobtrusive::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

MED: aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

 

ACTION: Flixiprax's first hatchling pops out of his chest cavity like a cork from a pop gun.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Rools his eyes as he walks to the corner of the room, watching Feyna interact with Kivan, leaning up against the wall with his arms folded, just staring at Kivan::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::catches the crowning babe before it hits the floor, checks if its boy or girl::

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

::eyes widen at he sees TAC:: CTO: Raise the forcefield! Raise the forcefield! Please! ::backs away::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Keeps quiet, sitting in her chair, with a friendly open expression::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Kivan: Good day Mr Kivan. Enjoying your stay?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

::looks a little recovered::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Tries to bite down her impatience at Douglas::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

::is still sore all over from the take-down a few hours earlier:: TAC: Please don't hurt me.

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks down at OPS and Miller:: All: You guys always get the same assignment?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sighs, knowing that Douglas has ruined her interrogation plan:: Kivan: I won't let him touch you.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

::burps::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Wotesh>

MED: Here's comes another one!

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Walks over to the cell, places his hand on the back of Feyna's chair:: Kivan: If you tell us what we want, there'll be no need will there?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Kivan: I, and my very sturdy chair, are between you and him. I won't let him hurt you

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::without answering they both lift their left hands, the wedding bands clearly visible, Rojer briefly glancing over his shoulder:: XO: They tend to send married couples to the same ships.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Brushes Douglas' hand from the back of her chair, giving him a hard look as she does so, suggesting silently for him to back off::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>>

::eyes, if possible get even wider:: CTO: That's not what he's saying...

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Flixiprax: Congratulations, it's a girl!

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Miller>::jabs at the thruster controls:: XO: Besides, if I'm not along he'd get lost all the time.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::smirks::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::hands off the babe to Wotesh to clean up and brush wings, check vitals, etc::

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Leans into Feyna as he whispers in her ear:: CTO: Just run with the good cop bad cop routine. We need to weaken his resolve.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

MED: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- ::takes a breath:: aaargh!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Turns, and gives Kivan her most trustworthy look:: Kivan: I am his boss. He will do what I say

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::gets ready for next baby::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Flixiprax: keep it up, you're doing great!

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::mutters to himself about subspace explosions::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks back at Douglas, and gives him a genuinely pissed off look:: Douglas: No. You are following my lead, not the other way round, ENSIGN.

 

ACTION: The next baby pops out, landing perfectly in MED's arms, it's teeny tiny little wings already fluttering like mad.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gestures to the exit::  TAC: Out. ::Murmers:: If you feel the need, you wan watch through monitors

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::checks over the babe, this one's a boy::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: I- ::shudders and watches TAC's face at CTO orders him out::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Turns her back on Douglas::  Kivan: He's gone.  It's just us. We can talk about anything you want.  ::Takes her seat again::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Shakes his head:: CTO: Fine leftenant. You know where to find me if you need me. ::He stares at Kivan's eyes:: Or if this one gives you trouble. ::He leaves the room::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

CTO: Tell me what everyone is saying about the bombers. What do people think?

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::flicks through screen after screen of information::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Kivan: On the planet? They don't understand why or who.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::tries to remember how many hatchlings Vilix'prans have, on average...::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

CTO: So he hasn't stepped into the light yet? ::looks worried:: CTO: I must have displeased him. ::starts to fret, picking at his nails in agitation::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Miller>::softly:: OPS: Breathe.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Watches the interrogation on the monitors::

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Kivan: Maybe you need to contact him, to give him an update as to the situation. I can help you with that.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

#Flixiprax: Breathe, 1, 2, 3, deep breaths...

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Wotesh>

::hands MED a PADD, showing Flixiprax's last prenatal scan. It shows three little hatchlings::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

::burps really, really loudly::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: Good, get him to open up. He needs you as his ally Leftenant.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

CTO:Oh, no, no, no... I never speak to him... he contacts me. ::keeps an eye on the exit, assuming TAC will be back any minute::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Flixiprax: Just one more, you're doing really well.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Kivan: You must feel so honored, to have him contact you! How did he do it?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

MED: Oh, thanks, doc ::sounds incredibly sarcastic:: MED: I'd like to see you squeeze three hatchlings out of YOUR chest cavit-aaaaaarghh!

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gives a small sigh and keeps searching::

 

ACTION: The last hatchling pops out in a graceful arc across Sickbay.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::notices the 3rd baby beginning to crown, smiles, tries not to react to the sarcasm, keeping up her bedside manner...::

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

::looks at CTO:: CTO: I have a... ::frowns, stops speaking::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::dives across sickbay, attempting to catch the baby before it falls on the floor, hoping it can learn to fly very quickly...::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: Anything? ::tries to make the question sound cool and calm.::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Smiles invitingly at him, keeping silent to encourage him to keep talking::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Hatchling>

All: weeeeeeeeeh!

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Grabs himself a cup of tea and a raktajino from the replicator as he continues to watch:: Self:: Come on Joanne, just a little more of a push

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::keeps looking at the screens:: XO: A lot of information that I'm trying to parse into something coherent in very short time, ma'am. I'll need a few more minutes.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::catches the baby just in time, and knocks over a rolling cart in the process::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

CTO: ... When he- ::shakes and almost sobs:: CTO: I can't! It's too important, his work, his ideas! I will die before I give anything away!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Wotesh>

::gapes in awe:: MED... nice... catch, doc.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Frowns and rolls his eyes:: Self: So close

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Flixiprax: It's a girl! ::stands up, brushes self off, hands the babe off to Wotesh for cleanup and vitals..::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Kivan: No you won't. ;You won't die. You'll make your cause more widely known.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

::looks desperate and angry:: CTO: Rolan says our deaths will speak louder than words ever could!

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::glances over at Ethan:: Miller: This is one of the more exciting first hour on any ship, huh?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Takes a big sip of his tea.:: Self: More widely known to the butt of my phaser rifle.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

<Miller>OPS: Understatement, love.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Opens her arms out wide:: Kivan: How? The planet doesn't even know why you are doing what you are doing ::Feels a frission of excitement at having gained a name::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::frowns at the new boys:: Self: Hell, if you wanted excitement, you should have been in that hut with us earlier... ::sends the OPS and Miller a note, "2100hrs, drinks, my quarters."::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Kivan>

CTO: In time, everyone will know!

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: Rolan... ::Starts looking for names that match in the database::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<Flixiprax>

::falls asleep, floating happily in the tub of water::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Kivan: How?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sees the note pop up, reads it and sends a reply "Scotch on us. We have the good stuff." ::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::smiles broadly::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

<<<Pause>>>

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::smiles at the new papa and the new babies::


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage