U.S.S. Bremen - 11411.27, Mission #36

"The Second"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen - Stardate 11411.27 - Mission # 36


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Second, Part 5.


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Bremen crew, aboard the lyrically-named “Vergh'mej” are en route to the Tau Ceti system. The ship is... well, “functional” is a kind way of describing it, but Adalberto and Harlan are working to improve that description.


<GM_Aoibhe>

Meanwhile, the bridge crew have been settling in, getting lost, getting cozy ;), and getting acquainted with the B'rel class BoP's systems.


<GM_Aoibhe>

We join the crew 30 minutes out from the Tau Ceti system.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::gives his chair and little shake back and forth as he sits, staring out at the viewscreen and the stars flowing past::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::sat in sickbay, trying to keep from being bored::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands next to the cloaking device, makeshift wires and connections threading Engineering and spare parts made to custom fit dangling about, as if some Frankenstein's cloak:: *CO*: Cap'n, Tony here. I've done what I can with Harlan's assistance, but I have no idea if this will work.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::clicks the comm:: *CEO*: Well, if we turn it on, is it going to blow us up? Can I get clarification on that, at least?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at one part, where one Klingon and one Starfleet parts are connected with a mesh of wires from a power coupling:: *CO*: I can answer that clearly after we turn it on?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*AUX2* Sickbay to Ensign Wren


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::frowns slightly:: *CEO*: Anything a little more definite, Tony? I'm fine with testing it, but I don't want it to phase shift us into another dimension or something equally absurd.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes a step back:: Self: This thing is going to give me cancer...


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Carefully monitors the energy readout of the cloak, which seems remarkably stable:: CEO: So far, all of this seems to hold up.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::taps com:: *CMO*: Come in Doctor? I hear you.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods to Harlan:: *CO*: Cap'n, I am almost certain that it will not blow up......and since I knew you'd ask, I did install a circuit breaker. ::looks at an actual hand made circuit breaker leading to the warp core::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles quietly, getting up from his chair and moving around the Tactical:: *CEO*: Alright, that sounds good enough to me. Power it up and we'll activate the cloak.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*AUX2* I'm assuming you'll be going on any away team in your capacity as counsellor, or diplomat. Please liaise with Commander Jameson to ensure you are fully briefed.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<OPS_Wrangley>

CO: Captain, we're twenty minutes out from Tau Ceti... Either that or... ::squints:: CO: we're entering an ice-cream nebula... I think I'm reading this wrong, hang on.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Notices the half empty bottle of whisky sat in the corner of the room and pinches the bridge of his nose::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks over to Harlan's station and reads over the report on his screen:: *CO*: For us to actually bring it out, we need to shut down all major systems besides life support and gravity.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::looks up from his console with a smile:: OPS: I'm going to go with twenty minutes, Ensign. Thanks.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::lowers his voice:: TAC: Right there with you buddy...


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

*CMO*: absolutely. If i make it from the briefing alive, Doctor, I refer to your expertise.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*CEO*: Does that include engines? That...kinda makes it useless for an escape, Tony.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Doesn't it just, Cap'n. However I mean for the test run. We can try engaging engines if it works.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*AUX2*: Erm, right. Tomesu out.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods slowly, then flicks on the shipwide comm from here:: *Shipwide*: All departments prepare for a power shutdown to test the cloak. ::flicks back to the CEO's channel:: *CEO*: Alright, Tony, let's give it a test. I assume you're monitoring from down there?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: I don't want to overstep here sir.....but we did just build half of this from scratch.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::frowns at the power down, but maybe they might need a cloak...::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: Wren grabbed her PADD from her bunk and headed to bridge::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Hovers his right hand over the panel switch that says either "engage" or "flush"::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*CEO*: I trust you. Besides, if it breaks, I know who to blame.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Yes sir, Chief Harlan. We're ready when you are.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Briefly smiles and shakes his head, before realizing the shaking wasn't a great idea::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::winks:: TAC: Ready?


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: Sure, let's hit it.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::accesses the main power controls and powers downs the engines::


<GM_Aoibhe>

ACYION: The BoP powers down beautifully, humming to silence like a sleeping kitten.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::glances up as he notices the power down::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Watches the needles drop until they stand still, and the idle power needle rise to nearly a hundred::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::feels his heart beating:: TAC: Start powering it up....slowly. I'll monitor the transfer.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks up as the power goes down::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::monitors the cloaking system from the Tactical console, keeping a close eye on everything::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Perhaps we should have put on hazard suits..


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: Alright, here goes... ::touches the panel and gently glides his fingers upward::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::bites his lower lip::


ACTION: The Vergh'mej phases out, flickers into and out of visibility and eventually settles for half-invisibility, leaving the ship and its internal structure, walls, floors, bulkheads, invisible... but the crew very much visible, standing on nothing in space.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::looks around him as the room starts to disappear around him::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::tries to settle his stomach and grabs onto where he remembers the console to be:: TAC: So.....not a great success then.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks around in shock:: self: what on earth.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Power down.


ACTION: TAC can't see the console. Invisible.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks and makes sure to not let go of the panel, as he probably won't find it again if he did:: CEO: O..Kay


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::does a facepalm::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Hopes he's still touching the right buttons as he slowly lowers his hand::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::grabs hold of the chair she's still sitting on, just to make sure it's still there, and shuts her eyes:: Aloud: Really isn't going to do us a world of good, there, is it.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::tries not to throw up::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::decides to sit still for the time being::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<OPS_Wrangley>

::Stands up in surprise and fear, bangs his head badly and knocks himself out::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, then starts in the direction of where he remembers the circuit breaker being::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::looks around at the sound source, disorienting herself, but sees OPS out cold on the space. floor. spacefloor.:: *MED*: Medic to the bridge, please. If...you can find your way.


ACTION: TAC's console makes a sickening "fttzzz!" sound.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::reaches out for the jumble of wires, hoping he didn't fail to insulate anything::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*CSO*: Sir?


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks again:: CEO: Not sure what fttzzz means, but this panel seems to react. Sort of...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grabs what feels like the glass container he used for the breaker and pulls::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::tried to feel her way to the bridge::


ACTION: CEO's destructive tendencies pay off. The ship flickers back into visibility again.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

*MED*: Looks like OPS has knocked himself out with a bump to the head- ::visibility begins to fitz back:: -oh good, that'll make this easier.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::wipes sweat off his brow and looks at his handiwork:: Self: Damnit....took me ages to build that.


ACTION: As the ship reappears around them, the cloak ftzzzz'es once more, and a burning smell fills the room as a component fries.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::notices the floor come back into view:: *CSO*: That was my point, sir. I'm on my way now that I can find you ::gets his medkit and makes his way to the bridge::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: as soon as everything was visible again she runs to the bridge:: CO: What happened?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: NO no no no! ::runs to grab a portable fire extinguisher::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sees the broad stellar vista disappear, being replaced by very worn bulkheads and a smell of... of melting coils::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::taps his comm badge:: *CEO*: Call it off, Tony. You're done breaking the laws of physics.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::aims the nozzle at the coil and covers the area in a white mist::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::enters the bridge and makes his way to OPS::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: One thing off my bucket list then!


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: Hopefully we won't be needing to cloak anytime soon...or at all.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Turns away to look for a second extinguisher, which isn't there. He quickly grabs the leather jacket from the chair behind him and throws it over the fire, right before being blinded by mist:: Self: Aww cr*p..


<GM_Aoibhe>

OPS_Wrangley>

::is totally unconscious, with a nasty wound to his cranium that is oozing blood all over the not-so-clean carpet.::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sighs and looks at the mess of burnt wires and broken components:: TAC: Well.....at least we didn't blow up the ship, right?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::quickly scans OPS, although he can see what the problem is, and starts to treat the bleeding with his dermal regenerator::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

MED: How's he looking?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain...I think we need to go back to the drawing board here.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sighs, moving back to his chair and sitting down:: CSO: I don't like not having options at my disposal, Lieutenant. This isn't the Bremen we have around us.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Turns his head towards Adalberto:: CEO: True. I think it did cure my hangover, though.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins:: TAC: So, a great success after all.


ACTION: The burnt cloaking devise sets off a chain reaction. Smoke begins to billow out of a secondary console, setting off a series of hooting and squealing alarms.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::mutters quietly:: *CEO*: Just make sure I have weapons and shields, Tony. That's the best we can obviously hope for.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::is happy that the bleeding has been stopped, but looks up suddenly as the alarms go off:: AUX2: Wren, help me get Mr Wrangley here to sickbay.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Damnit! ::runs to the warp core and starts powering everything down::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Yes.....about that.. I'll give you an update in a few minutes sir!


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: steps to the doctors side and helps him hold up Wrangley::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: Out, quick! ::Runs out of the room with the cloak, hits the emergency seal and hovers his hand over the venting controls::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Isolate all main systems!


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: This might be a more dangerous mission than we thought merely because of the ship around us. Sorry, sir. This was supposed to be easy.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::physically, and slightly clumsily, takes Wrangley to sickbay with Wren's aid::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Let's get him on the biobed ::moves towards the biobed::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Hit the button as soon as the door shuts, hoping to kill the fire in there, then rishes to a functioning console next to Adalberto:: CEO: On it!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

CSO: Not your fault, Raqiin. This should have been something Starfleet looked into itself, rather than having us haring off on our leave. But...we have to make do with what we have.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: helps get him onto the biobed and steps back:: CMO: What happened to him?


ACTION: Atmosphere in Engineering vents into space, the fire and all the smoke going with it.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::starts to prep:: AUX2: Dural swelling, pupils are fixed and dilated. Get me 10ccs inaprovaline.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: nods head and looks around the unfamiliar sickbay before going to where she thought she might find it, bringing it back to Tomesu::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::takes the inaprovaline and injects::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes a deep breath:: TAC: So.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Keep an eye on his vitals and synaptic functions.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::starts running a diagnostic on main systems::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: nods and stands by the biobed::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::frowns down at his console:: *CEO*: Alright, Commander, what's going on down there?


ACTION: OPS_Wrangley makes a little mewling sound.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sighs and shakes his head:: CEO: Yeah... ::frowns::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks at him::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

OPS: Can you hear me?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<OPS_Wrangley>

MED: Mother?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Cap'n, the cloak overloaded but we managed to isolate all main systems before the power surge hit them. Engines, weapons and shields are all operational....though I will have to fix some minor issues with secondary systems for the rest of the day.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::smiles wryly:: OPS: Not quite. We'll have you up and about in no time.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<OPS_Wrangley>

MED: But it's too early for school. ::frowns in his sleep:: MED: I don't wanna go to the prom!


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Taps the shipwide temperature indicators on the environmental panel:: CEO: That might have blown the heating again, I'm afraid...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::bangs his head gently against the warp core::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

OPS: You've taken a bit of a knock, Ensign. AUX2: Get me the sub-dermal regenerator.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

:: takes the regenerator from Wren and starts to treat OPS::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks up:: TAC: I have an idea actually. Shut down the heat release valves on the fusion reactors for a few minutes, let's crank up the heat.


ACTION: The bridge retains fill power and can now, fully visible and mostly functional, proceed.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::checks OPS's vitals::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<OPS_Wrangley>

::opens eyes and looks up at AUX2:: AUX2: You have pretty ears.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sighs softly, glancing back up at the viewscreen and briefly - just momentarily - considers turning them around and going back home:: NAV: Ensign, resume course for Tau Ceti.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: Sure we can get turn 'em on again?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over at Harlan:: TAC: Yeah....you're right, let's not tempt fate.


<NAV_Ens_Thomas>

CO: On it sir ::Keys in the instructions to resume course::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::smiles:: OPS: That means you're well, but not well enough. Not if you're complimenting a Vulcan. We'll need to keep you here for some observations.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods in relief:: CEO: We can make blankets if absolutely needed. Enough targ fur in the lower cargo hold... albeit still alive.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::chuckles::


ACTION: The Vergh'mej jumps into action once more, and continues on its fateful voyage towards Tau Ceti.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::locks in the settings he implemented and walks over to Harlan:: TAC: We can draw up new plans later, we still have some scotch left.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<OPS_Wrangley>

MED: OK, doc... ::reluctantly, unable to focus on anything:: MED: But I'm not gonna dance for you.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Swallows:: CEO: Eh.. that bottle was in there... ::gestures at the vented room::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::continues to monitor OPS's condition::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: You're just full of good news today, aren't you Chief ?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause Mission>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage