U.S.S. Bremen - 11411.20, Mission #35

"The Second"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen - Stardate 11411.20 - Mission # 35


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Second, Part 4. Featuring Guest GD, Tom Marsland


<GM_Aoibhe>

The crew of the Bremen, currently on shore leave have joined their Captain on his new (well, second-hand) ship for an adventure in civilian anthropology and hopefully, discovery.


<GM_Aoibhe>

The B'rel Class Bird of Prey Griffiths has tracked down has long ago lost that “new ship smell”, but it seems to be sturdy enough still. All systems are either on the verge of repair, or are too far gone to contemplate fixing.


<Tom>

<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Is standing at her self-designated console, reading through the scientific reports on the flickering screen::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps out onto the bridge after having changed out of his uniform, sporting a comfortable pair of pants, a black t-shirt and a dark brown leather jacket - looking very much like the civilian explorer::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps onto the Bridge, wearing his Engineer's coat and holding a bulky red Klingon tool kit and looks around the Bridge in disgust::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::sat in sickbay, finishing his report::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::makes her way eagerly to the bridge, having chucked her bag in her temporarily Klingon quarters. maybe grinning like a loon. maybe lightly jogging her way there.::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks up at Adalberto:: CEO: Oh come on Tony, surely you must be enjoying making this ship your own


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Stands at the TAC console, cycles the cloak powering procedure and waits for a readout::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::turns over his shoulder as he sits in the centre chair, giving Tony a nod:: CEO: Commander.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::reaches into his pocket and retrieves his standard issue tricorder, looking at the blueprints for the Bridge module in an attempt to locate the main power distribution grid access hatch:: CO: Cap'n.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

AUX: Ma'am, all the rum in the world won't make me miss my shiny Engineering back home.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CEO: Missing her already?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shrugs:: AUX: I left my albums.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::steps up onto the bridge and hug her PADD to her chest as she looks around::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks right into Wren::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::all but bursts onto the bridge in much more civilian clothes and loose hair bouncing about:: CO: Sir! AUX: Ma'am! ::cheerily moves over to the science console::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Gives him a lopsided smile:: CEO: Let's hope this adventure will distract you enough from her


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::fumbles to keep hold of his tricorder, then looks up and smiles:: AUX2: Hello there....we haven't met.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Briefly looks up to see what's causing this noise, then refocuses on the panels below his fingers::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Grins over at shHruvek, at the console next to her:: CSO: You found anything interesting in these records from your friend?


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: she staggers a little and almost drops her PADD:: CEO: No, I do not believe we have.


ACTION: A blinking light appears on the Operations console, indicating an incoming hail.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins, then pockets his Tricorder and extends his hand:: AUX2: Tony.


<OPS_Ens_Mor>

::Looks lazily over from his console at the awkward exchange of pleasantries chuckling::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::taps at the console on his chair, getting the final few reports collated::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: 'Interesting' barely covers it. I can see why Dori was so excited. And I can also see why Starfleet hasn't been chomping at the bit to follow up on it.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: glances at his hand, shuffling the PADD into one arm, accepting his hand with the other:: CEO: Wren.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: I won't lie that I went to sleep last night, reading some of the documentation. Nothing really solid enough for starfleet, but enough to tantalise!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::waring a coy smile:: AUX2: Welcome aboard Wren...I'll be seeing you around. ::motions towards the back of the Bridge:: Duty calls.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks at the readouts and sighs:: CO: Captain, apparently our cloaking device has been permanently disabled.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks up:: CO/TAC: Yeah....been meaning to bring that up.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::turns in his chair and looks up at Tactical:: TAC: Disabled? You make it sound purposeful, can you 'un-disable' it?


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: she bares an awkward smile and bows her head, tucking her hand under her arm:: CEO: Of course.


ACTION: The blinking light blinks a little faster.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: I'm afraid not, most of it seems te have been removed, sir.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::winks at Wren before turning his attention back to the Captain and the enlisted man::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::mutters under his breath:: TAC/CEO: Kal never said he'd removed it, he'd have told me if he had. Anything we can replace?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shrugs:: CO: I can't tell yet Cap'n, I've only read about these devices and studied them in the holodeck. They omit a lot of parts there.....but I Can tell you this, it's one hell of a puzzle.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Well, I was looking at what crew records managed to survive, and I find them very...curious, even or especially for what initially was just an anthropological study.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Makes you wonder if there was something else, just under the surface


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::places his toolkit down and extracts what looks like a long dagger with a red light on the end of a blade:: Self: This should work....


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods slowly, accepting it for now:: CEO: It's a puzzle I'd like you to work on, if you can. It's a useful bit of kit, and I'd much rather run than fight if we hit any snags along the way.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Aye Cap'n.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Turns his head towards Adalberto:: CO/CEO: I've only installed a cloak once before, but without parts I don't think there's much to fix here.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

TAC/CEO: We have a hold stuffed to the brim with spares, there should be something there. We're supposed to be miracle-workers, right? ::grins slowly, then turns back around to fae the viewscreen::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Meet me in Engineering after your shift, Chief. I could use a pair of hands on this.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: The cloak....on the cloak.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::finds herself useless on the bridge while the ship is still undergoing maintenance so she headed down to the sick bay::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::attempts to bring up said records on the screen, though it seems angry at her for a moment until she thumps it:: AUX: It does. I wonder if it was so much reasearching a colony and more...I don't know, colonisation instead? ::shakes head:: AUX: We can barely speculate what was going on hundreds of years ago.


ACTION: Multiple lights begin blinking on the neglected Operations console, one reminding Ensign Mor of the incoming hail - the others indicating diagnostics failures.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Eyes light up:: CSO: But just think what we might find when we get there! I was think that we should focus on these 2 co-ordinates ::Points them out on screen::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods:: CEO: Check! Good plan.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sees status lights on the power distribution grid turn teal..:: Self: Teal? What does that even mean?


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::finally finds Sick bay and steps inside:: CMO: Doctor?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::prods the archaic power node with the....some kind of a tool that looks like an ODN decoupler::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::looks up as the door squeaks open:: AUX2: Can I help you?


ACTION: The power node emits a shower of sparks at the CEO, sending him scurrying back a couple feet.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Fuck!


<OPS_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: Incoming hail, shall i open the channel? Anyone interested in a chat?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::gulps and looks over his shoulder at the Captain, forgetting to use his 'Bridge voice':: CO: Sorry sir.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::dreamy sigh:: AUX: If only I'd specialised in anthropology... But in the meantime, yes, coordinates. Plan of action! Obviously we should be cautious and use all sensor sweeps available to us before getting too close, just in case.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::kneels down and retrieves a portable diagnostic unit and attaches it to the node::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles, glancing back at Tony before turning his attention once more on the viewscreen:: OPS: Put it through, Ensign.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::frowns at the awful noise that the door makes before smiling at the Doctor:: CMO: I came to meet you. They seem to be exhibiting some problems on the bridge, So i wondered If I could be of assistance to you.


ACTION: A rather irritated looked Bolian appears on the viewscreen.


<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CO: On screen


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Starts to re-read the bios on the expedition::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::wonders where the cute Vulcan lady went::


<OPS_Ens_Mor>

::In a whispered tone:: CO: I hope you didn't mean audio only sir...


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Noticed the screen blink, err, stutter into action and looks up::


<aGD_Tom>

<Starbase Operations>

*CO*: Captain, good day. Thanks for finally answering us. We've got a few other starships coming in today, Captain. I trust you're ready to get that... ::scowls:: … “starship” under way?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Problems?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sits back comfortably in his chair:: *Operations*: We are ready to go as soon as you give us clearance on our flight path, Operations.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::attempts to make sense of the readout on the diagnostic unit:: CSO: I don't suppose you read Klingon, kiddo ?


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::smirks:: CEO: Didn't specialize in xenolinguistics, either, unfortunately.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Ugh, useless noobie.


<aGD_Tom>

<Operations>

*CO*: Clearance granted. Good day. ::closes the connection::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::brings up his Tricorder and accesses the Universal translator app::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: Something wrong with the cloaking device?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles quietly, shaking his head:: Self: Some people are so impatient. ::turns around to face the Operations section:: OPS: Confirm our flight plan and begin pre-launch checks, Ensign.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::flicks the communications switch on his chair:: *Shipwide*: This is the Captain. We are preparing for departure, all departments report in.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: We could do sensor sweeps, and, dependent on the composition of the soil, maybe some kind of subterranean scan as well.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::reads from the screen:: Self: Duotronic? What is this, the dark ages?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Oh, I see. Not something you or I can help with then. ::briefly goes back to his reports, then stops and looks at Wren slightly inquisitively:: I saw you on the bridge with Captain Griffiths. I have to say you intrigued me.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: Status green, torpedoes locked down. Tactical ready, sir.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

NAV: Thomas, please don't go above warp 3 for the time being.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: How so, Doctor?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: If that's okay with you, Cap'n ?


<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CO: The aul girl is ready to roll Captain. Course laid in and waiting on the department Chiefs to report in, and your command sir.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::settles back in his chair with a smile:: NAV: Engage thrusters, Ensign. Take us out.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: You're not as Vulcan as you like to make out, are you? ::smiles ever so slightly, calculating his comment::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: If we find anyone, we need to be able to assess their technological level first. Wow, what if we DO find someone? We could crack open a mystery lost to time!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::picks up a pair of duotronic circuits that look like square playing cards::


<NAV_Ens_Thomas>

CO: Engaging thrusters ::Does as instructed keying in the required instructions::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::she smiled slightly and adjusted her PADD in her arms:: CMO: Nothing gets past you does it,Sir. No, I am half human. I myself was raised on earth.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

OPS: Lock S-foils in attack pos-...I mean, engage flight mode.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::reads the manual::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Throws her a crooked smile:: CSO: I honestly hadn't considered anyone still being there. I was thinking ruins and gravesites!


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: If there are people there, the prime directive comes into play before anything else


ACTION: The as-of-yet Unnamed Bird of Prey creaks and groans as clamps release about as fast as an old lady getting up from a comfy chair.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: It shows. And I'm pleased. It gives you a better bedside manner. And I'll bet it gives you a good head start as a counsellor, too.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: I have to imagine that's why the team brought low-tech supplies with them. I think they were going to try and live alongside whoever they thought was on the colony. Maybe they thought it was only going to be a one-way trip.


ACTION: The IKS Wotsit limps away from Spacedock and lists a little to the starboard side, starboard side, starboard side...


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: I believe it does. But Sir, I do not wish to talk about me. Excuse the cliche, but how are you?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::clears his throat as he watches the starfield:: NAV: Correct the listing, Ensign. Then take us out, one-half impulse.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::replaces the duotronic disks in the power node::


<NAV_Ens_Thomas>

CO: Yessir. ::Keys in the necessary commands after a breif pause to consider the corrections,::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs a POST::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Me? Um, apart from being a bit stressed out by a combination of broken consoles and having to perform surgery in Klingon, I'm fine. Why do you ask?


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Part of my hopes that they thrived. Otherwise it's all rather depressing


ACTION: The STILL UN-NAMED ship levels out, for now and moves ahead at half impulse. The entire ship is over-come with a deep humming, pulsing sound unlike anything a modern ship possesses. Every console appears to glow in time with the pulse.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: I know about Suder. Excuse my role on this ship, I ask on a person curiousity, how you are after that.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CEO: ...Is the ship supposed to do that? I don't think it's supposed to do that.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::tilts his head, listening to the sound:: CEO: Is that a phase imbalance in the induction coils? We're barely ticking over...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks up from his test:: CSO: Kid, space flight wasn't always replicators and holodecks.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::sits back a little in his seat:: AUX2: Ooh, no interest in holding back, I see.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to face the Captain:: CO: Sir we're having trouble adjusting the power grid, it will take us a few hours....trial and error you know.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles, nodding:: CEO: Copy that, Tony. Carry on...


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

NAV: Lay in a course and take us to warp 1 on the Chief Engineer's command, Ensign.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods, then turns back thinking he better check the phase imbalance in the induction coils...::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: Is there any point. would you rather i skirted around asking? or asked you with certainty.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Starts to write her own notes on the data, not realising that the she's typing in rhythm with the pulsing::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Keeps an eye on the alternating red an teal indicator telling him the torpedo clamps have power, have not, have power, have not...::


<NAV_Ens_Thomas>

CO: Will do Sir,


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sighs and rubs his forehead:: CSO: This is all your fault, sh'Hruvek.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CEO: I'm not the one who got this ship. I just...nudged us in its direction.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks over to the Engineering console and brings up the warp drive controls:: NAV: We're showing all go here, Ensign.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over his shoulder:: CSO: You basically begged me to come join your little band of treasure hunters....I had a nice thing going back at my family's cottage.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: I'd rather you didn't ask at all. ::sits forward in his chair, considering his reply:: Then I won't skirt around my reply. Suder died. Horribly. On my watch. It was the biggest knock I've ever faced in my career. It nearly caused me to consider leaving Starfleet. But do you know what happened, my dear assistant counsellor? A second captain ended up on my biobed, badly injured and near death. And I wasn't goin


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Bangs his hand on the panel, thereby stopping the blinking::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: I buckled the hell up and treated a dying man. I forgot what the consequences could be and I saved his life.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at TAC:: TAC: Problem?


<NAV_Ens_Thomas>

CEO: Ok then going to warp 1 ::having already typed in the command sequence to ease into warp 1 presses what can only be described as a start button and hopes it works::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks up from her writing at the hard banging, before getting back on with it::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::unconsciously grips his chair tighter::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::grins:: CEO: A nice thing, sure, but an old Klingon ship going on an anthropological mission that might be a wild red bat chase? How could you ever refuse?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: You did that thing with your nose, of course I couldn't refuse.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::keeps his eyes on the matter/antimatter reaction::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: Well sir. As i once heard said, I take my hat off to you. It takes a lot of guts to man up so soon and so heavily. I wish I did not have to ask, but you must understand that I must.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: Nah, faulty torp clamp indicator. I checked both bays and they're locked tight.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::leans over to AUX, whispering:: AUX: Do I really do a thing with my nose that people think is cute?


ACTION: The ship jumps to warp, creaking and groaning as she does. A loud clang is heard to the far right of the bridge, where the ship’s dedication plaque is still rattling to the deck-plates.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: I'll add it to my list.....


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::turns his head with a frown:: All: I didn't even know Klingons used dedication plaques.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles apologetically:: AUX:Why do you think you were the one I wanted to get drunk with at the memorial?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Adjusting forward deflector......::works the controls, trying to get the shaking under control::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Yes, of course. You're the counsellor and you need to know if I can carry out my duties without cracking up. But you're forgetting one tiny little detail.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: and what might that be?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: I'm a Betazoid. I'm probably more aware of my state of mind than you. I just never liked the idea of taking the "logical" option in my career, if you'll pardon the pun.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods:: CEO: Thanks.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Of course, the list is about five kilometers long now.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: And here I thought it was because I'm such a good listener and a joy to be around. ::shakes head with a smile:: AUX: Clearly I have to start abusing my nose powers whenever I want something.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::she raises her hand as if to excuse the pun:: CMO: of no offence to me, sir. and if that is how you feel, then I am happy to leave it that way. As long as you promise that should any problems occur, you will come and see me. I will be happy to talk, off the record.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Snorts with laughter:: CSO: It can be your superpower. I have telepathy and you have....nose-crinkliness!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Don't get any ideas, kid.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Cap'n, things look good on this end. We can attempt warp 3.


<ENG_Lt_Mac>

::sitting on her feet on the grubby floor, trying to figure out why this damn inner airlock door won't open on command::


<OPS_Ens_Mor>

Himself: Warp 3 my arse


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::stops a little in his tracks, and smiles introspectively:: AUX2: Oh, don't worry, I've had counselling sessions for a VERY long time. And they're all on record, so feel free to check up on them. Consider it a bit of light reading whilst we get underway.


<ENG_Lt_Mac>

*CEO*: Commander, I don't think it's got anothing to do with the computer, sir. Or power distribution. I think it's just... stuck fast with something. I can't tell.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: He's just worried I'm going to nose-crinkle at him. Maybe it's my version of batting my eyes at pretty people. Next time there are drinks, I'll see if I can't get us some for free.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::taps his badge:: *ENG*: Probably eroded, see if you can get some WD40 in there?


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

AUX: I'm loving your superpower more and more! Power over Adalberto AND the potential of free drinks?


<ENG_Lt_Mac>

::looks up at the roof over her head:: *CEO*: Who's Dublyou Deefortee?


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: You are yet to know me Sir. ::she returned him a small smile:: I like to make my own assumptions. I'll refer to the notes when I feel I can't get enough from you. Besides. Talking is better for bonding.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Glances around briefly, then quickly enters a short series of commands on a secondary input panel on the lower left of his console::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::smiles:: *ENG*: Top notch lubricant, just settle for what we have at hand see if that works.


<ENG_Lt_Mac>

::gives the airlock a solid kick, and wedges a federation issue crowbar into a small gap::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to Jameson:: AUX: No, no power over Adalberto.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Spare me the psychobabble, Ensign. I appreciate the chance to say hello. But just be ready for my turn to ask the questions.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: He's lucky I can't do it on command.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::winks at sh'Hruvek::


<ENG_Lt_Mac>

::gets the door to pop a crack, and then yanks it open:: *CEO*: Got it! ::peers into the gloom::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Throws a grin over at Tony:: CEO: I'm afraid there's evidence to the contrary


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::chuckles at Jameson:: *ENG*: Good job Mac, now see if you can close it. It might come in handy....being in space and all.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CMO: Oh I'm not referring to therapy bonding. A girl has gotta have friends. ::she jokes and nods:: If that makes you trust me, then any time. Do ask.


ACTION: The door pops the rest of the way open, and an innumerable number of baby Targs bolt past Lieutenant Mac down the corridor.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: I will. Thank you, Ensign. I'll see you later.


<aGD_Tom>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Pause Mission>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage