U.S.S. Bremen - 11411.13, Mission #34

"The Second"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen - Stardate 11411.13 - Mission # 33


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Second, Part 3.


<GM_Aoibhe>

The crew of the Bremen, currently on shore leave are about to join their Captain on his new (well, second-hand) ship for an adventure in civilian anthropology and hopefully, discovery.


<GM_Aoibhe>

The B'rel Class Bird of Prey Griffiths has tracked down has long ago lost that “new ship smell”, but it seems to be sturdy enough still.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::looking at the bird of prey, somewhat disdainfully:: Self: Why do I always get the good assignments?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::spins his chair lightly, having given it a liberal dousing with the sonic inducer, it now made no noise:: Self: Perfect.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::hoists his rucksack further up his shoulder:: Self: Well, here goes nothing.....::starts on his way to the gangway::


ACTION: CO's chair lists a little to once side, making it spin a tad further than he intended.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Firmly marches towards his assigned rendez-vous point, large backpack flung on his back::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::aware of someone marching somewhat purposefully behind him::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Pauses for a moment to look at his handwritten note, then looks up, and down again, and up again:: Self: They've got to be joking...


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::turns round to see Harlan:: TAC: That's what I said.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::grabs it to stop it listing and mutters quietly, getting back down and grabbing the biggest wrench he can find before whacking the stupid hinge as hard as he can:: Chair: You. God. Damned. Piece. Of. CRAP!


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sees Tomesu turn and acknowledges with a nod:: MED: Doctor. The things they keep digging up, eh.


ACTION: Hinge breaks, chair wobbles to once side, spins and creaks over onto its side, still half attached to the floor mounting.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

TAC: Unfortunately Klingon history was never my strong point. And how did you know I was the CMO when I'm dressed in civvies?


<AUX_Ens_Wren>

::goes to one of the communication rooms and requests a link to Captain Griffiths:: *CO*: Captain, Are you there?


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Waves his little bundle of paper notes:: MED: Crew profiles. Want to know who'd need protecting, eh.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

TAC: Fair point. ::extends a hand:: Ren Tomesu.


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Readjusts her clothes, having added a little piratical styling::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sighs, standing up and putting his hands on his hips before tapping his comm badge with a muttered curse:: *AUX*: Griffiths. Go ahead.


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Walks onto the bridge of the BoP, looking around to see who else turned up::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Puts his notes in his left hand and shakes Tomesu's hand firmly with his right:: MED: Andrew Harlan, Chief Warrant officer, Ordnance.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

TAC: I guess we'd better get aboard and report in. I have a feeling you know where to go.


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Starts to move forward, as if to take the XO position, but stops, and holds back::


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around for an empty console to try and make her appears less awkward::


<AUX_Ens_Wren>

*CO*: Captain. My name is Wren. i was sent my Admiral Bantree to tend and assess your team, but by my knowledge, you are not even in orbit.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

MED: Good plan, doctor, let's head in. ::Eyes his notes, then puts them in a side pocket and strides forward::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*AUX*: Nope, got a landing pad about six hours ago. Starfleet really needs to keep up to date on its records of my whereabouts, or nothing will ever get done. ::gets back down and begins fixing his chair once more::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::follows Harlan into the Bird of Prey::


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Stays quiet, to try and avoid Griffith's notice, and instead begins to assess the crew who have agreed to go on the expedition::


<AUX_Ens_Wren>

*Co*: Was leaving me behind part of your plan Captain?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*AUX*: Maybe. Depends on where your loyalties lie, Ensign. I don't know you and this is a purely volunteer, outside-the-scope-of-Starfleet mission. ::grabs the plasma torch and begins re-welding the joint struts::


ACTION: MED and TAC are held back by an automatic door that slides open only part of the way and refuses to open further.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::sighs:: TAC: Typical. I'll be spending the entire journey handling stupid injuries caused by a jinxed ship.


<AUX_Ens_Wren>

*Co*: Then may I request transportation to your ship, Captain Griffiths?


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Stops and blinks at the door, then pushes the large red button next to it::


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Notices some familiar names, but also unfamiliar names, and then starts to feel more apprehensive as she overhears Griff talk with an additional counsellor::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

TAC: Probably. And people say duranium won't rust.. ::Huffs::


ACTION: Large Red Button only serves to close the door again.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sighs softly, scratching his nose and leaving yet another smudge on it:: *AUX*: Permission granted, Ensign. Get yourself onboard within the next hour, then we're leaving. Griffiths out.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

Self: Of course... ::Briefly looks at Tomesu and hits the button again::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::frowns at the shut door:: TAC: Do you think we should just go back to the bar?


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Self: An Hour. An hour to get my head back in the game and show i'm still cut out for this::


ACTION: The door opens fully second try. It seems "Turning it off and on again" even works on Klingon ships!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::tilts the chair back into place and finishes plasma welding it back together:: Self: Good as new. Better, even.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

MED: I brought my own. ::Shakes his backpack, which clunks a bit:: Ah, there we go! ::Steps forward::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::scoots back out from under the chair and stands up with a muttered groan, knuckling the small of his back before packing away the tools::


<AUX_Ens_Wren>

::disconnects communication and heads to a transporter room, adjusting her cut fringe before stepping up, requesting the coordinates and, gripping her PADD, requests beaming::


ACTION: AUX_Wren beams aboard the Bird of Prey, directly onto the bridge.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::lets out a sigh of disappointment:: TAC: After you.....


<AUX2_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks up from her console as someone appears in blue sparkles onto the bridge::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::enters the bird of prey::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Stops at a door in the corridor, having walked a few yards and ducked a few loose pieces of hardware:: MED: Bunks, apparently. ::Tosses in his backpack and overcoat::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::purses his lips tightly:: TAC: I'd sooner sleep on the biobed.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Attempts to do some research on Wren, to get some background information::


ACTION: The quarters TAC has entered are small, cramped and smell like a targ had eaten month-old Camembert and thoroughly enjoyed the digestive distress that resulted.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::turns and jumps a little as he spots Jameson, biting his lip to keep from calling out:: AUX: Yeesh, Commander, you scared the crap out of me. I thought I was the only one up here.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::pokes his head round the door into the quarters and nods:: TAC: Definitely biobed.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks around in the room and takes a deep breath:: MED: Well, I've seen worse. ::Shoves his pack underneath the lower bunk bed::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shrugs slightly:: CO: You know me, I like to stay out of notice and trouble ::Gives him a droll look::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: once on the ship, Wren stepped up toward the Captain who appeared to be fixing his chair:: Co: I assume you are Captain Griffiths?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

TAC: Lucky you. We should report in.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles softly, scratching behind his head for a moment:: AUX: It's good to have familiar faces here, at least. Our list of volunteers seems to be from a Starfleet transfer order rather than the Bremen - I don't know if I'm disappointed by that or not. ::turns to Wren as she speaks, giving Jameson a knowing glance briefly:: AUX2: I should change out of my uniform.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks over at the Ensign, wondering how Griffiths will react::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

AUX2: Welcome onboard, Ensign. You might want to grab a good bunk. Off the bridge, preferably.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Gives Griffiths a look back, which, if she hadn't tempered it, would have been more accusing::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

MED: Indeed. Let's head forward. ::Checks the locks on his pack one last time and heads out::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::continues to follow Harlan to the bridge::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

Co: That would defeat my purpose here Captain. And I will not require exceedingly comfortable qaurters as I do not require much sleep.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Stops at another closed door, labelled "K'Tach" or something similar:: MED: Bridge, I suppose?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles, packing away the last of his tools:: AUX2: Good, because nothing on this ship is exactly comfortable.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Thinks that she's glad she picked the least smelly and least uncomfortable bunk she find before heading to the bridge::


ACTION: Door screeches on its hinges, but opens fully.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

TAC: Search me. I have a feeling the word "sickbay" is probably similar to "bilge".....


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks at the door:: MED: Hey, not all is lost, this one actually worked. ::Steps through onto the bridge::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::self:: All not lost. Only you bloody think so. ::follows Harlan onto to the bridge::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances up with a smile, leaving Wren where she stood as he walks over to greet the new arrivals:: MED: Doctor, glad you could make it. ::grabs the hand of Harlan in a firm shake:: TAC: And you must be Harlan! I've looked forward to meeting you, it's good to have an enlisted man back on the Bridge.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::she gave him a quick nod:: Co: It is, never the less, a pleasure to meet you Captain. We will be seeing much of each other. ::she awkwardly extended a hand to him. she really had to work on that 'bed side manor'::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Returns the Captain's handshake and stands at attention, comfortably:: CO: Thank you, sir. Chief Warrant officer Harlan reporting for duty.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Perks up at more people on the bridge, but they are also ones she is not acquainted with::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::she only smiled and took back her hand, stepping back to look at the other team members who had arrived::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

TAC: A pleasure, Chief. You'll need to get your station working, but otherwise it's all yours. ::gives the man a grin and another firm shake before letting go:: MED: Doctor, have you had a chance to see Sickbay yet?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Not yet, sir. I'm still trying to guess the word for it. But I'll let you know the situ as soon as.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles and nods:: MED: It's not going to be Starfleet-spec, but it'll be good enough for setting bones and healing wounds.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods at the Captain and proceeds to look around the bridge for the correct Klingon sign for Tactical::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::smiles wryly:: CO: Something I think I'll be doing a lot of, given the state of our ride. I'll get on it right away, sir.


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around the bridge at the faces, and realises that she's actually glad of Griffiths being there::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::grins, patting Ren on the shoulder:: MED: Perfect. Once everyone else gets onboard, we'll be ready to go. I hope.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Noticed a station with lots of red, dust covered buttons. Walks over to it and nods at Jameson on the way::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Captain. ::makes his way out from the bridge, tricorder in hand - who knew it could double up as google maps....::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles at TAC as he passes her, thinking at least some of the new faces are being friendly::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Wipes most of the dust off of the console, causing something of a cloud, then hits the main menu button, which seems to sputter a bit::


ACTION: Some of the consoles come to life, lights flickering on and off, before becoming more steady. The whir of energy begins to course through the jagged bulkheads as Engineering manages to fix some of the energy distribution damage. TAC's console is revealed as one of the largest on the bridge.


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks around the bridge and flexes her jaw slightly as he spots Jameson. She approaches:: Counsellor Jameson?


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks up as she hears her name, with her temporary designation:: AUX2: Ensign...Wren, was it?


<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Is impressed by the relative size of this station:: Self: This'll do just fine. ::Cracks knuckles::


<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

Aux: That is me. ::gives her a smile and a nod:: I recognise you in my reports. How are you? ::a question in her job she was required to ask::


<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

AUX2: From your reports, huh? Then I don't think I need to answer your next question.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause Mission>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage