U.S.S. Bremen - 11411.16, Mission #33

"The Second"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen - Stardate 11410.30 - Mission # 32


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Second, Part 2.


<GM_Aoibhe>

The crew of the Bremen, currently on shore leave (some taking advantage of it more than others...), have gathered for Kesh' Suder's memorial. The speeches were heart-warming and heart-breaking in equal measure, and as usual at these things, the food is bland and the drink is weak. Nonetheless, it is a fitting send off for a respected Captain.


<GM_Aoibhe>

We join the crew as the entire gathering make their way outside into the evening light, to watch the 21 phaser salute.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Stands by a window, looking out, with a PADD in one hand, a poorly made cocktail in the other::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::stood near the back of the group, nursing a drink and trying to keep himself to himself::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::watches Jameson's reflection in the window for a moment: LtCmdr: Are you going to watch from inside?


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks up at shHruvek, and gives her a weak smile:: CSO: I supposed so Lt. Let's head out.


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

<suppose>


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

LtCmdr: If you'd rather not, there's no pressure... ::looks around for the rest of the crew::


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Makes her smile a little stronger, and unexpectedly links her arms with shHruvek:: CSO: No, Let's go give them a show. Suder would appreciate it.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::adjusts his uniform with one hand, shuffling about to get it comfortable and considers bringing a tailor onboard for their next foray while he nurses the small glass of synthahol::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::stalks stand a little straighter in surprise, but...she manages a little smile of her own:: LtCmdr: I'll have to take your word for it.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<Admiral Bantree>

::nods her consent to start the salute from the side of the small crowd of mourners. Fewer people than one would expect for a Captain's memorial. Seems Suder didn't make that many friends along the way::


ACTION: The 21 Phaser salute begins, streaks of phaser energy streaking across the sunset sky.


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: I can tell you about her. About the real Kesh, not the fluff from the Admiralty. And to do that, we need decently made cocktails!


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

::looks across the crowd and spots a pair of pale antenna::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::tries not to look queasy at the idea of even more drinking and instead focuses on the light show:: LtCmdr: I think I'd like that, ma'am.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

::works her way across the small crowd towards the antenna.::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::watches the salute and tries desperately not to think about how Suder looked the last time he saw her::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::notices someone coming toward them...wait, that's familiar... she gives a wave with her non-linked arm::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<Waitress>

::walks past MED with a tray of nibbles, watching the light show, rather than where her feet are going, trips up::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

::antenna straighten at CSO's wave. Is relieved to see she remembers her::


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks over to where shHruvek was waving, before finishing her drink and leaving it on a nearby table::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::sees the waitress trip:: Waitress: whoa, whoa, steady on.... ::tries to help her from falling::


ACTION: The waitress's plate tumbles and some of the bland, but oddly colourful Betazoid fingerfood on it fall over MED's head.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::stops for a moment, partly in embarrassment and partly in annoyance, as the food falls over him:: Waitress: And there we go.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::she's trying to remember a name, been a while...something with a couple of D's, it'll come to her in a minute:: Nex: I didn't expect to see you here. Shouldn't you be off on some kind of archaeological dig on a far flung planet?


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<CSO: Raqiin, right? ::shoulders in beside CSO and Jameson, squirming around a Bolian who seems ill-inclined to shift over::


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Feel forced to unlink with the CSO, due to the lack of space::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<Waitress>

MED: Oh, god, I'm sorry! First day, and they put me in a memorial. ::reaches ovcer to try and brush all the crumbs out of MED's hair:: MED: I'm so sorry.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::brushes the food off:: Waitress: It's fine. Honestly.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::gives Jameson a pat on the back, no hard feelings. drinking later!:: Nex: That's the one. Didn't know I was that memorable.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<ADM_Bantree>

::steps over to CO's side.::


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Listens into the the conversation with Nex::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances over at Bantree, giving her a respectful nod and taking a sip of his drink:: ADM: Admiral.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

CSO: There aren't many hybrids like you in Starfleet. Jameson: Dori Nex. ::nods in greeting:: CSO/Jameson: I heard about your last mission on the News Network. It's been one thing after another for you, hasn't it? ::looks at CSO, judging her silently::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<ADM_Bantree>

CO: Captain. ::holds on to some finger food in a napkin, unenthusiastic about eating it:: CO: How is your shore leave progressing?


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

Nex: It hasn't exactly been a bed of roses. I think this very event is proof of that. ::Gives Nex a look that shows her slight distaste::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::shrugs, glancing away:: Nex: One thing after another. But we keep rolling on. ::hopefully. depending on when this 'shore leave' ends::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<Waitress>

MED: No you're not. You're covered in crumbs, and they show up so much on that white uniform. Here. ::takes out a cloth::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

ADM: Quietly. It's only been a day though, give it time. ::he refrains from saying more, still a little perturbed that his crew is being controlled so thoroughly by the brass::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::tries to brush off the waitress's attempts:: Waitress: No, please don't. You're just creating a scene now. Stop. Please.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

CSO: I er... ::leans in, eyeing Jameson briefly, before shrugging off the look she gave her and carrying on:: CSO/Jameson: I'm sorry to do this right now, but... seeing you is an opportunity I can't pass up. ::pulls out a data chip:: CSO/Jameson: I'm at my wit's end with this. We have all this data, but no-one will listen. Will you take a look? Maybe bring it to your Captain?


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::glances at Jameson, then back to Dori, and carefully takes the chip:: Nex: What's on it?


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

Nex: At a memorial? It had better be bloody important data. Which i doubt if the rest of the brass are ignoring it


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<ADM_Bantree>

CO: And it will continue until such time as I am convinced you and your crew are fit to return to active duty. ::nods politely to an officer in the crowd:: CO: I'm no tyour enemy, Captain Griffiths. And I'm not cold-hearted. Losing Suder is... difficult for us all, but some of us haven't the luxury of blowing up at the nearest Admiral as a way of dealing.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

CSO: Evidence of a possible... ::looks uncomfortable even saying it aloud:: CSO: unknown human colony...


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

Nex: Sounds far fetched. Where, and what kind of evidence?


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

::eyes flick over to Jameson::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::well that absolutely gets her excited attention:: Nex: REALLY?! ::covers her mouth with a hand, embarrassed::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods curtly:: ADM: If you felt my calm statement of facts was 'blowing up', Admiral, you'd likely not appreciate seeing me actually angry. Keep us here as long as you like, your reasons are arbitrary to begin with, and the reasoning that lets us return to our actual duty will likely be arbitrary as well. Until then, Admiral. ::he glances at her and raises his glass before walking off to find someone less abrasive to talk to


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

Jameson: Historical. The data on the ship has written evidence that they set out, but the archives are patchy... and nothing concrete has ever been heard of them. We, that is my boss and I in Archives want to track them down, find out what happened... fill in the gaps. But with the Tzenkethi threat becoming more real all the time... no-one will listen.


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

Nex: And your boss is.....?


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<ADM_Bantree> ::watches CO go, doesn't stop him. Shakes her head:: Self: If that is the way Starfleet is going... ::nibbles on her hors d'oeuvre, realises it's not worth eating and puts the rest of it on a side table::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

Jameson: Lt Ned Eisenberg, Head Archivist. He's around here somewhere. I just spotted Raqiin, remembered her from the Academy... ::trails off:: Jameson: Look, Commander, I'm sorry if I butted in, I am, but I had to take the chance that you'd bring my findings to your Captain. There could be people out there we know nothing about!


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

LtCmdr: Come on, it's exploration into the unknown! Even if it's not what they think it is, we might find something or someone else instead.


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shrugs:: Nex: If you had to interrupt me talking about Kesh, you at least are distracting me with a great story


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps quietly over to the Doctor, having spoted Tomesu in the crowd:: MED: Doctor. How's shore leave treating you? I understand you're being transferred to the Bremen Medical department once it's over?


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

shHruvek: You want to do this during shore leave? Use our free time to search for the colony? ::Starts to get the thrill of excitement::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<Waitress>

::looks up from picking crumbs off MED's uniform, sees a CO approaching and scampers off::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Thank you, Captain, shore leave is.....restful. And yes, thank you, I appreciate your approval of my transfer request.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

LtCmdr: Well...we can't exactly take the Bremen and wander off, but we can at least take a look at the data, do a little research as a head start.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: I take it you have healed well? No remaining pain or discomfort?


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Beams over at Raqiin:: CSO: Let's do it. Better than moping around here!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

MED: None at all, you've done a fine bit of work. My eyebrows even grew back evenly. ::chuckles quietly, taking another sip of his drink::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Despite my best efforts.....::smiles wryly into his drink::


ACTION: The crowd finally starts to wander back inside, where the food is more plentiful, and a big picture of a younger, smiling Kesh Suder is set beside the podium.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Nex: Sounds like thanks for giving us this chance. Are you needed elsewhere? We could always use someone who knows what they're doing. It's your research, after all.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::laughs softly, giving the Doctor a grin:: MED: Perhaps I'll lose an arm next time, we'll see how that grows back.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

::looks from CSO to Jameson:: CSO/Jameson: Excellent! All you need is on that data module. Any questions, you know where to ffind me. ::smiles:: CSO/Jameson: I better go pack.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Yes, sir ::breaks out into a more genuine smile:: Do you have any idea when we'll be back on board the Bremen, Captain?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::lets out a quiet sigh, staring into his drink for a moment:: MED: Honestly? I'm not sure. Starfleet seem set to keep us grounded for the time being, whatever their reasons we can't exactly steal her away and get back to work - however good that sounds.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::nods:: CO: Aye, captain. I wish - ::suddenly stops, realising he might have overstepped the mark::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::notices the pauses and looks up, giving the man a disarming smile:: MED: It's okay, Doctor. We'll find something to occupy us down here, I'm sure.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Yes, sir. Permission to speak freely, Captain.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

::hesitates, it not being in her nature as an Andorian.. but... reaches out and hugs Raqiin awkwardly::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

MED: Always, Doctor. What's on your mind?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: It's just....if I could understand why we're stuck here......


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::blinks, then a little less awkwardly hugs back:: Nex: What's that for?


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

::stpes back:: CSO: That's the first "yes" we've had in some time.


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Realises she's still clutching the PADD awkwardly in one hand::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

MED: Starfleet seems to think that we need settling down, for whatever reason. ::he shrugs lightly:: I honestly don't understand it myself.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Nex: Well...hopefully we'll actually be able to find some answers for you. No promises, but I'll make sure at least someone gets to the bottom of this. ::and by 'someone' she mostly means herself::


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

CSO: Absolutely. ::smiles:: Jameson: Commander. CSO: Lieutenant. ::smiles again and goes off to find Eisenberg.::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::loops her arm back around Jameson's:: LtCmdr: Maybe drinks while we see what all's on this mysterious data chip? And a few stories in between?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::takes a swig of his drink:: CO: And there was me thinking that Starfleet's ethos was to "boldly go". Just a thought. Sir.


<LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Grins:: CSO: a mystery AND drinks? You're spoiling me!!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles quietly, finishing off the last bit of synthahol in his glass:: MED: Well said.


<Lt_Dori_Daru_Nex>

<<<Pause>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage