U.S.S. Bremen - 11410.23, Mission #31

"Overhaul"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen - Stardate 11410.23 - Mission # 31


<GM_Aoibhe>

Overhaul, Part 6.


<GM_Aoibhe>

So, Griffiths has no eyebrows, now. Worse than that, his crew tried to blow him up in order to save him. Apparently.


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Bremen crew are all back on the Bremen which currently has the beleaguered USS Belligerent floating in space alongside.


<GM_Aoibhe>

Silvia's whereabouts is currently unknown.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*Bridge*: Captain Griffiths to the bridge, I need an update.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods to the nurse and makes his way out of the Sickbay, ignoring the pain in his side and his tired muscles::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::in his office in sickbay, hearing the Captain getting up and trying to leave:: CO: Captain!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::running around Engineering putting out brushfires after his little sabotage earlier::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::runs over to Griffiths and takes him by the arm:: CO: Oh, no you don't.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::scrolls through one of the many padds he's been handed lately:: *CO*: We've regained control of the ship for the time being. How was your nap?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::presses the other hand to his side, putting pressure on his ribcage to alleviate the pain as he turns around and stares down the Doctor:: MED: Let go or lose it, Doctor.


ACTION: Smoke starts billowing out of a Jeffries tube in Engineering, fire suppression protocols not kicking in.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks up as the alarms go off:: Reed: Reed, fire extinguisher!


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: I may not be the Chief, but until you get one, I'm in charge. Get back on that biobed. Medical order. Do it or lose more than your eyebrows. Sir.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::smirks at the exchange over the comm::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grabs an oxygen mask and an fire extinguisher from a locker and runs over, spraying fire suppressant foam into the Jeffries Tube::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::shrugs off the man's hand:: MED: I need a better reason than that, Doctor. I'm up, and my ship is falling apart at the seams. You can fix me up if we're all still alive in an hour, right?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: And you can run your ship from somewhere other than that big chair. Ever hear of teleworking? Or remote computer access? I'll have you patched into the medical console. You can run the whole ship from here.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Lynch: Lynch, shut it down. Shut it all down!


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs after hearing a report, tapping his combadge:: *CEO*: Everything under control down there, Tony?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::mutters under his breath and stiffens his spine, making his way back to the biobed and sitting down on the edge, giving the Doctor a stare:: *CTO*: Henry, there's an energy being in the computer core, it was her that had control. She's still in there somewhere, information on it will be under a file titled 'Silvia' in LCARS.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::perks up at the mention of Silvia:: CTO: Did he just say--? She's still HERE?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::starts to continue his treatment of the captain::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::thinks for a moment:: *CO*: The naked silver lady? I read up on her when I was reassigned. ::glances to SCI:: Do you want us to purge her from the system, sir?


ACTION: The fire in Engineering subsides, the smoke replaced by steam and finally nothing. Engineers cough while the environmental systems work to remove the smoke from the air.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::watches the Doctor warily:: *CTO*: No! Prep a memory module, I want us to work on a way to get her out of the main computer core and into that. She wants to live, but she can't outside of the system. She won't listen, but she's not evil....This is the least we can do.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::pulls his oxygen mask off and leans against the bulkhead with one arm:: *CTO*: No, not really. I feel like I never left the fucking Belligerent. But we're working on it, but I've had to take the mains offline while we work on redistributing the power.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::scoffs:: *CO*: Not evil my ass... but I'll get Tony on it. ::switches comms:: *CEO*: We've figured out the source of the problem; an energy being named Silvia has housed herself in the ship's computers. Captain wants us to isolate her and load her onto a memory module.


ACTION: A single power unit behind CEO shorts out, sending an arc of harmless sparks over his head and shoulders.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Lieutenant Mackenzie is already on it, I had her report to Computer controooooly shit!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::clears his throat and pats his hair a few times, making sure nothing caught fire::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::frowns some:: *CEO*: Do you need some more hands down there?


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: I don't think it'll be a problem to make it. The problem is going to be getting her into it. I don't know that it'll be as easy as downloading a file. Maybe the captain can convince her to go quietly? She seems to like him.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::lifts up his arms for the Doctor, holding back a wince:: MED: How long is this going to take, Doctor? I need to know what's happening.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: I have the Belligerent crew working damage control...just a little hectic down here...what I was saying is that Mackenzie is already on it. We're working on isolating the program, or do a completely wipe if needed.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Not too long, Captain. Although it does depend on one thing in particular.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

MED: If you tell me my physical is due, I'm walking out.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::turns to sh'Hruvek:: *CEO*: Captain says no go on a purge, but if we have no choice... I can't say I'd be sorry to see her go. Standby. ::gets out of the chair:: SCI: Do you think you can create a convincing replica of the Captain's lifesign readings?


ACTION: OPS console registers mysterious increased computer activity in the computer core.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::glances up from his tricorder:: CO: No, sir. It depends on you. Sitting still. ::looks back at his tricorder:: CO: STILL.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: I don't even know who 'she' is, but she's messing with my ship and that means she's nothing more than a corrupt file to me. If I have to wipe her, I wipe her.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::tries not to outwardly, audibly, grumble, and sits perfectly still. The faster they're finished here, the sooner they can get back to work::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: That shouldn't be too hard. But if she sees two of his lifesigns, she's going to know something's up.


ACTION: All power is cut in Engineering. All the primary lights go out, plunging everything into relative darkness.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::closes the channel and turns to face Lynch:: ENG: Lynch, start rerouteing all power through secondary systems. We need this warp core online.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sighs:: All: REALLY?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::continues his treatment:: CO: Lie down.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods some:: SCI: Indeed... ::taps his combadge again:: *CEO*: Tony, I need you to cut the sensors in Sickbay.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

All: Someone get the torches!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: No can do, Henry. Main Engineering is down. Reroute Engineering controls to the Bridge.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::grips his ribs tightly, grunting only a little as he swings his legs up and lies down on the biobed::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs in irritation and runs a hand through his hair:: SCI: Reroute the controls.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::starts working with the dermal regenerator on the Captain's ribs::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::accepts a torch from Reed and heads straight for the access panel next to the warp core:: Reed: Reed, get me a portable power unit stat.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: Sounds like we're not going anywhere for a while. ::rerouteing:: CTO: Are we that damaged, or do you think it's her?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::grits his teeth, moving his hand as the doctor works:: MED: Are we on painkiller rations, Doctor?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

SCI: My money's on the energy being... ::looks to NAV:: NAV: Cadet, you took your engineering courses, right?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Only my more irksome patients. There, you should start to feel some relief in your ribs now ::stops the dermal regenerator::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::plugs the power unit on, hoping to get the console online::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Reed: This isn't coincidence, it's that bitch that's riding my ship.


ACTION: Console CEO is working on flickers to life.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::lets out a slow breath, the repaired muscles feels tight but a lot less painful:: MED: Much better. Good enough that I'll forget the comment. ::glances up at the Doctor with a very brief, rueful grin:: Are we finished?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::accesses the main power controls and starts rerouteing all reserve power manually to secondary systems::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: Yes, sir. Thank you for your patience. Come see me when you're done ::manages a small reassuring nod and grin::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CTO: Yes sir I took the engineering course sir. I only just passed but I took them


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::attemps to restore emergency power to ME::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods and slips his legs back off the biobed, standing up a lot easier. He gives the doctor a nod before heading out the door, turning for just a moment:: MED: That was good work, Ensign. It takes a lot to stand up to an angry Captain. ::he flashes a slight smile, then disappears around the corner and into a turbolift:: TL: Main Engineering.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods some:: NAV: Good enough. Take the engineering console, please.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs some:: SCI: If she's in the computer, then she's probably been listening to comms, right?


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CTO: are you sure?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks to NAV:: NAV: Did I stutter, Cadet?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps off the Turbolift into darkness, his feet guiding the way:: CEO: Tony! Give me an update, have you managed to root out Silvia from the systems?


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CTO: No sir. ::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: We can't rule anything out at this point. ::shakes her head:: She's been with us this whole time. Why would she deliberately attack us? She knows us...


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

::Moves towards the engineering console, a bit uncertain but steadily::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::makes his way to the flashlights moving through the dark::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CTO: what now sir?


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

Self: Thank you, sir.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::doesn't take his eyes off his work, having to do this manually:: CO: Captain, no. She's stalling me, but I have....someone on it. I can't say more, she seems to be listening in.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::flips the switch to bring lights back on::


ACTION: Engineering remains dead, no power.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::shrugs lightly:: SCI: I neither know, nor care. ::looks to the Cadet:: NAV: In a moment, I want you to try and isolate the energy being and prep her for removal to a memory unit.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Fu----


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods, kneeling down next to the open panel and keeping his voice barely above a whisper:: CEO: Are the lights her doing? Can we bring the secondary computer core online and isolate it for a few specific functions like life support and power management?


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CTo: Yessir. Just tell me when


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::glances at her console:: CTO: Hold on, the captain's moved. He must be in engineering; just about everything's out down there.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: All main systems are on manual override, so the Bridge has limited control over all necessary functions. However I can't get anything else to work, and she's just killed Main Engineering for good. Every time I reroute, she undos my work. She's faster than me.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::opens a shipwide comm:: *Bremen*: Attention. I am attempting to speak directly to the energy being known as Silvia. We are giving you a chance to leave our computer core unharmed. In a few moments, a memory module will be attached to the core. You will enter it, completely. If you do not comply, you will be purged from our systems. Believe me when I tell you that I will not hesitate to remove you from this ship with prejudice


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to face the Captain in the dark, seeing the damage he did to him:: CO: But I have Mackenzie in Computer control...she's attempting to isolate her programming.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::frowns, looking down at the floor:: CEO: She's had months to integrate herself into the systems, it must be second nature by no- ::looks up as he hears the comm and curses::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

CTO: Looks like Henry is working on it too.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands up and motions for Reed to take over::


ACTION: Gravity on the bridge disappears.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: ...Do you think threatening her was really-- ::and now everything's floating. really, AGAIN?::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: I'm sorry for roughing you up, sir.


ACTION: Replicators ship-wide start malfunctioning, streaming with bloodwine, all spooky-like.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles, glancing at Adalberto in the dim torchlight:: CEO: Trust me, it was preferable to what was happening in there. Let's see if we can get her out of these systems once and for all.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods and walks with him towards the exit:: CO: You should be on the Bridge, sir. I'll go to Computer control and see if we can't catch her.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::shakes his head with a smirk, grabbing onto the chair:: *Silvia*: I'm not impressed by your tricks. I read the file on you. How you wanted to be solid. To live. If living is so precious to you, why would you endanger others? Why would you harm them? Why would you kill people who never meant you harm?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

<impressed>


ACTION: A voice crackles through over the ship's comm channel, and every active comm badge, half-broken, barely audible at times, but always there repeating the same phrase over and over. "Get out...".


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: That's not creepy at all.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps into the TL with the Captain:: TL: Computer control.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods:: CEO: Let me know once you get there, see if you can isolate a few comm channels for us to use safely. ::ignores the voices, smiling lightly:: Don't get too scared. ::steps out of Main Engineering and finds the nearest Jeffries tube access, not trusting the turbolifts right now::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::rolls his eyes:: *Silvia*: You have two minutes to isolate yourself and prepare to move into the module, or you will be purged.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at the CO as the doors close:: CO: Shit...he's right.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::hanging onto her console:: CTO: Are you really going to purge her?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::stops along the way to grab a phaser and tricorder from the wall-mounted locker, then begins the short climb and crawl to the bridge::


ACTION: The voice over the comm continues, "Get out...", despite CTO's attempts to be reasonable.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks to sh'Hruvek, his face dead serious:: SCI: She murdered a decorated Captain who happened to be one of my best friends. I will tear this ship apart if it means getting rid of her.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::taps his badge:: *CEO*: Is the memory module in place?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::floats through the last bit of jeffries tube, kicking open the hatch and sliding out:: CTO: No you won't, Lieutenant. Tony is in computer control, we're going to do this right and we're going to exhaust all of our options before we resort to more needless death.


ACTION: The turbolift the CEO is in starts to shake dramatically as it moves along.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: I'm on my way to Computer control. I haven't heard from Mac....oh shit....


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::tries to grab onto something::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::starts at the sudden appearance but sighs in relief:: CO: Captain! Think you can talk to her?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks to the Captain:: CO: I have given her the chance to do so, Captain.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::moves slowly across the bulkhead, pulling himself hand over hand to make sure he doesn't go spinning off:: SCI: Ensign, see if you can isolate some key systems, gravity and life support for one, comms and turbolifts another.


ACTION: CEO's turbolift spits him out at his requested destination.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances back towards Henry:: CTO: A chance? A barked order over the comm? No, we push her out if we have to, but I'm done with killing for today.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::narrows his eyes:: CO: And if she doesn't go quietly? Are you prepared to do what's necessary to save the ship, or are you going to let your history with this creature murder more Starfleet officers?


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::works one-handed so she can still cling on while her legs are floating off, but tries to isolate systems nevertheless::


ACTION: The replicator to the side of the bridge has been producing blood wine along with all the others, CTO get's splashed in the face with a load of it.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::tumbles into Computer Control:: Mac: I hate roller-coasters.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

CTO: As a last resort, Henry. Last typically means once everything else has been exhausted or the situation begins to lost control. We're not there yet, so stand down - you have your orders.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::taps his badge:: *CTO*: Henry, we're almost ready here.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs and wipes his face:: CO: For now. One of these padds around here has my resignation on it, effective once the ship is no longer in danger. ::he looks around ruefully:: CO: You have the bridge now. I'll find something useful to do. ::pulls himself along towards the Jeffries tube:: *CEO*: Captain's in charge, now.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks around the large room, in awe of the main processing core::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Then tell him! I don't have time for your tantrum right now.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

*CEO*: I'm sure he heard you. ::looks back:: CO: They're almost ready.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs a scan on the main processor and nods to Mac:: Mac: She's there alright, clocking up almost 74% of our processing power.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::starts typing away at a console standing out of the core:: Mac: We have the module ready.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::looks up from the controls in alarm:: CTO: You don't mean that! Hen--Lieutenant-- ::bites her lip and goes back to doing as ordered. this can get sorted when tensions aren't as high::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

CTO: I got it, Lieutenant. Go find a place to hide. ::turns away and pushes himself along:: *CEO*: Tony, push everything into the module if you have to, no need to be neat about it.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::activates the transfer::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Don't worry sir, I won't.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::checks to see if his side-arm is still there::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::gives sh'Hruvek one last, slightly apologetic look before disappearing into the Jeffries tubes::


ACTION: Comms cut, crackle and are replaced by one word, stretching out and getting distorted and deeper as its frequency lengthens. "Nooooooooo!".


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::grits his teeth and swings himself around to make sure his feet are going to be planted down when gravity resumes:: SCI: Any luck with the gravity, Ensign?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Shut up.


ACTION: Gravity returns to the Bridge, causing NAV, CTO, SCI and the CO to come bumping back to the floor like drunken geese.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::bends at the knees as he lands, grunting as his ribs creak slightly with the twisting:: SCI: I guess that's a yes...


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CO: Almost got-- ::drops back down with a squeak, landing sprawled on the floor awkwardly:: CO: ...Yeah.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::taps his comm badge:: *CEO*: Tony, status?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::catches himself on a ladder, mostly, though he bumps his shin pretty hard:: Self: Ow! Damn it all... ::hobbles down the ladder::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs a scan to confirm:: *CO*: I have her Captain.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at the Delete button::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*CEO*: Alright, isolate it and bring it to the briefing room. We have to decide what we do next - Get your teams working on repairs, have up warp capable and able to tow the Belligerent.


ACTION, the red light on the module in CEO's hands pulses at him gently as he stares at it.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes a deep breath, then grabs a kit and stuffs the module in and closes it:: *CO*: Aye Captain..


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Mac: What he said. ::enters the TL:: TL: Bridge.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::dusts himself off with a sigh:: SCI: Alright, Ensign. Top on the list of priorities is running a full sweep of the computer core and making sure we didn't miss anything.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::crawls onto the crew quarters deck, limping slightly towards his:: Self: Fuck this bullshit. Build my own Starfleet. With blackjack. And hookers.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::taps his combadge:: *CEO*: So are we out of danger, or what?


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::rubs her arm as she settles herself back into her seat properly:: CO: Every scan I can think of that will help and a full diagnostic to boot, sir.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Are we ever?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::thinks:: *CEO*: Immediate danger.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::smiles slightly, patting her lightly on the shoulder as his own slump with tiredness:: SCI: Sounds like a plan.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Ask someone else, I'm just the janitor here. ::smiles and steps out onto the Bridge::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::rolls his eyes:: *CEO*: Sure... at any rate, it's been nice working with you, Tony. Think I'm gonna bug out of here.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Screw that. ::lowers his voice:: Tonight, my place.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::pauses at his door:: *CEO*: Sure.



<<<transcript prematurely cut off>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage