U.S.S. Bremen - 11410.16, Mission #30

"Overhaul"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen – Stardate 11410.16 – Mission # 30


<GM_Aoibhe>

Overhaul, Part 5.


<GM_Aoibhe>

On Jameson's orders, the senior staff, with Tomesu in tow, are beaming over to the Bremen from the battle-damaged, stricken Belligerent. The unconscious crew on the Bremen, thanks to Sumner's quick thinking, are starting to regain consciousness.


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Captain has been located on the holodeck, but that fact that he's technically on a date right now.. has yet to be revealed to the crew.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Takes one last look around the Belligerent bridge as she disappears in blue sparkles across to the Bremen::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::steps out of Sickbay, giving his eyes one last rub before heading to his quarters::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands on the Transporter pad on the Bremen, his uniform charred and burned and his hair dishevelled, a blank look on his face::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Appears in the TR at the same time as Adalberto, giving him a sad glance as she steps off::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

XO: Commander...


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

::manning the transporter controls on the Bremen:: CEO/XO: Welcome back, sirs. ::still looks very dozy::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CEO: We will mourn her properly. I promise


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

XO: Commander. I don't think I can continue...not right now.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::fishes around one of his dressers for a PADD he was saving::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shamefully averts his gaze from Mackenzie::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CEO: Continue? In what sense Commander?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

XO: Pick one.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Lt_Mac>

::watches CEO without a saying another word::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::doesn't know what to do with his hands::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::roams the corridors with a tricorder, trying to check on anyone she comes across. directing some to sit, others to head to sickbay, making sure nobody's too out of it or ill. makes sure they're taken care of.::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::scrolls through the text briefly, making sure nothing needed to be changed::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CEO: I want to be able to give you time, I really do Tony. But I need an assessment of the Bremen. I need to be sure she's safe for us to use


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Speaks in a hard tone, with no emotion at all::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods:: XO: After that....I'm done.


ACTION: The last of the crew on board the Belligerent are beamed over, SCI included.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

<Move SCI's after action?>


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps down off the pad::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CEO: After that, a short leave of absence. Not done.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Heads out of the room, and towards the bridge::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::steps out of his quarters and heaves a sigh, trying to keep himself together as he taps his combadge:: *XO*: Sumner to Jameson. Where are you currently, Commander?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Lt_Mac>

CEO: Tony...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::heads for the exit:: ENG: I'm sorry Mac...I need to go to work.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

*CTO* Heading towards the bridge to find out ship status. Maybe you can help me with that in transit


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

*XO*: Alright, I'll meet you there, I guess.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Lt_Mac>

::moves out from behind the control unit, a little wobbly, and grabs CEO's sleeve, pulling him into a hug::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::works her way in the direction of engineering as she goes. nobody seems to be having any unforeseen side effects yet...::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::accepts the hug tentatively, then returns it in force::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<aENG_Siree>

::is sitting on the ground near the entrance to Main Engineering, half-conscious::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

::leans close to CEO, her voice soft:: CEO: I can't tell you I know how, or when, but... it'll be OK, Tony. ::squeezes him again:: CEO: We're all here.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::makes his way to the Bridge::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::crouches in front of, giving a quick scan:: Siree: Hey, are you with me?


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Walks onto the bridge, glancing around to see who is present::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Siree>

SCI: Mmmmhm. ::scrunches up face in annoyance::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grabs her hand:: ENG: Thank you....now, can you get me up to speed? And a new uniform?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::watches Silvia across the table:: Silvia: Are my crew safe? Can I see them, talk to them?


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

Siree: How about we get you to sickbay, okay? You can lay somewhere comfortable and get looked over.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::steps onto the bridge from the opposite turbolift:: *XO*: Most of the main systems are locked out. Not much use to being on the bridge. The Captain is currently locked on the holodeck, presumably with whoever took control of the ship.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

CEO: Uniform, we can do... up to speed... whooo, tall order, sir. ::steps back a little, thinking:: CEO: We have control of secondary systems, and, some control of primaries, but they seem to cut in and out at will. we lost environmental in ME for a minute there. It was pretty scary.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CTO: Where has the most access?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

::reaches for CO's hand once more:: CO: You have no need to worry. We are here and it is pleasant, there is no more to think about.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::clears his throat:: ENG: Coffee....then I'll come up with genius plan to make the systems work using my wit and calloused hands.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CTO: And do we know ywt who, or what, it is that does have all the control?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Siree>

SCI: I'm not ready to get up... s'too early.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::frowns some:: XO: Main Engineering has access to some of the secondary systems. That's where I cleared the anesthazene from.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::shakes his head slowly:: Silvia: I have work to do, a job, people that rely on me. I can't spend my life here in the holodeck. ::he glances around for a moment, trying to remember the last time he'd actually been in one of these::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::arrives in Main Engineering with Mackenzie in tow::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CTO: But the main? Where is being controlled from?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::shrugs some:: XO: Presumably, the holodeck.


<GM_Aoibhe>

CEO: Coffee, right. I'll meet you in Main Engineering with a coffee and a jacket. ::squeezes his hand tightly and lets go:: CEO: As soon as my head clears a little more. ::smiles weakly::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks curious:: CTO: Why there?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods and steps inside Main Engineering....his Engineering:: All: Can someone tell me what the hell happened to my systems while I was away?


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::grabs a passing crewmember--looks like Belligerent:: aENG: You there, give me a hand. Siree: I know it's early, but it's time to rise and shine. Don't worry, we'll help you along. We'll be very gentle.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::suddenly gets a fleeting feeling that he's going to have to rely on his crew to get him out of this one::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::raises his arms briefly in exasperation:: XO: Fuck if I know, Commander.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

::stand sup:: CO: But... you must. I have scanned this ship's data banks, I know how romance begins. They typically start with a chance meeting, and Paris is a favoured destination. I have chosen this form to be pleasing to you. ::pauses:: CO: Do you wish for another form?


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks blankly at Sumner:: CTO: Not sure cursing will improve the situation. And the Captain is in the holodeck, presumably with whatever it is that's controlling out primary systems


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CTO: Can we monitor his lifesigns? Ensure he is not in any danger?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<EMG_Siree>

::squints at SCI:: SCI: You are pretty. ::nods off again::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs in frustration, at his wits end:: XO: I don't know. I've been busy.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CTO: I already have Adalberto working in engineering to get what control we can back


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes off his burned uniform jacket, revealing a charred and slightly bloodied golden tunic underneath. The cut was already healing, there would be time to get it seen to later:: Computer: Computer, perform a level 3 diagnostic on main processors.


ACTION: Computer chirps and begins its diagnostic


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

::hands CEO a jacket and a cup::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::looks taken aback for a moment, his eyebrow raising:: Silvia: R-...Romance? Romance isn't something that you can just start, it's not a program that you can turn on and off like this holodeck. It takes time, commitment, passion and desire...Lots of things go into the makeup of a romance, a relationship, not just pretty settings or forms.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods some:: XO: I can head to the holodeck, see what I can do from there.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::puts the jacket on and accepts the cup and takes a long sip::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Gives him a small, tired smile:: CTO: Sounds like a plan. I'll do what I can from up here to establish communication with the Captain.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

Self: Let's start with the obvious ::Taps her comm badge:: *CO*: Captain, this is Jameson. Please confirm your current status


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

ENG: We need to find out what is disrupting the main processors.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

ENG: The Computer is running a self diagnosis as we speak.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::hands the PADD to Jameson:: XO: I'm giving this to you, since the Captain's indisposed. ::heads for the turbolift::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks down at the PADD, wondering what the hell it is, and sits in the CO chair as she reads::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

::thinks:: CO: Then where do we begin? I am solid, I have lived and learned all I can from your computers. Those people tried to damage me, my fear and pain made me stronger, and now, I have you back to share life with. I am full of joy, but I want more. I want to live, and experience. I want you to teach me everything.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

Self: I'll keep that in mind. aENG: Be gentle, get another person if you need, she could just be very sensitive to the anaesthazine. ::pat pat. can't stop now. too many sleepy, dozy people. a lot of confused emotions.::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

::smiles brightly, her shining silver teeth catching the light of the Parisian sun::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::frowns thoughtfully:: Silvia: Can you live outside of the computer? Do you have form, function, anything like that beyond the computer core?


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Reads it, and silently curses to herself, wondering if it's herself that's cursed.::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

TL: Holodeck 3.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac CEO: OK, I'll go wake up whatever's left of Gamma shift and get them combing the processors for errors.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

ENG: Thank you.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

::gives CEO one last, heartfelt and sympathetic glance before heading off to work::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

CO: Why would I wish to? Here, I have control over all, I have you. I can change the setting... perhaps this?


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::enters ME a little tentatively, like she's looking for someone but doesn't want to get in the way. and gives anyone looking a little dopey a scan for their troubles.::


ACTION: The holodeck scene shifts to a sunny hilltop, a picnic basket is laid out, strawberries, champagne, two glasses.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Gives a glance to where Sumner just left the bridge, and sighs, before tapping on the panels by her chair, trying to get a comm link to the holodeck::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::leans forward and taps the comm:: *Bridge*: Bridge, I have the computer running a diagnostic on it's processors in an attempt to find the fault, but we could bring the main systems to manual command. Emergency Procedure Alpha Two. Do you have the hands on deck to man the systems?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::approaches the holodeck, taking readings with his tricorder::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

::twirls and spins like an acrtress in a 50's musical:: CO: Dance with me!


ACTION: CO's comm badge works while Silvia is distracted, XO can get through.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around the bridge at who she has available, and makes a judgement call:: *CEO* Just, only just


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps back:: Silvia: I don't dance. But listen to yourself, what life is this? You want to experience things you said, you want to go out and explore, live a life. In here, this is photons and technology, this isn't life it is just the illusion of it. A cheap fake, a mockery.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Shows a frission of emotion as she looks at her console:: *CO*: Captain, this is Jameson. Please give me an update to your status


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*Bridge*: Alright, what you need to do is bring all Bridge systems to manual override, then I can initiate the procedure from here.


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Nods at the bridge crew around her, ensuring they are aware of the manual override about to occur, and switches the systems over:: *CEO* you should be able to initiate the procedure now


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::frowns some at the readings, and moves to the access panel, checking the holodeck's status::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*Bridge*: Standby, Commander.


ACTION: Holodeck door is locked


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods some:: Self: Well, yeah... ::sighs and tries to think::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::inputs his command codes and initiates the manual override:: Computer: Computer, Emergency procedure Alpha Two, engage.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::scratches his stubble and taps his combadge:: *CEO*: You around, Tony?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

::turns and stares at CO:: CO: A fake? A mockery? ::looks confused:: CO: This can be anything we wish! We can live happily here! We can-agh! ::doubles over:: CO: What is happening? I have lost control of the ship! Your people, they're trying to hurt me again!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Go for Tony.


ACTION: Computer chirps at Tony, working on releasing all systems to manual bridge control.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sees the procedure engage and smiles::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

*CEO*: I want to cut power to Holodeck 3 in the messiest way possible. Suggestions?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::holds up his hands:: Silvia: They can't reach me, talk to me, they don't know what's going on and they're just trying to regain control of their ship. Look, let us help you, let us try and save you this time! Let me talk to the crew and we can see about moving you to another system, a place where you can do anything you wish, BE anything. Let me help you, please!


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

CO: Aaargh! ::waves a hand, struggling to regain control:: CO: Tell them to stop!!!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Normally we would cut the feed...but it's out of my hands, the system doesn't respond to manual commands. Not an emergency system......we could try overloading it somehow, but from what I'm hearing we can't have that woman find out what we're planning.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::taps his comm badge:: *CEO*: Tony! Tony are you out there? There's an entity within the main computer core, I need you to isolate it and this holodeck, understand?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Standby Henry.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

*CEO*: Sure... ::ponders a moment::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain! We're trying to wrestle control from the entity, but....I'm not sure how, she's integrated into every part of the core. Nothing short of a purge comes to mind.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::snaps his fingers:: Self: Manual isolation.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::curses:: *CEO*: Dammit, not the answer I need. Is there a way to reintegrate her and dump that to an external memory core?


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

::stares up at CO:: CO: No! ::waves a hand, cutting comms:: CO: You want to trap me! ::struggles to her feet:: CO: No more! ::squares her shoulders::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Henry....use your phaser and sever all ODN and power couplings leading to the hologrid, they're in the access corridor marked ZY-55...something.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain, I can't tell you what you want to hear, but I'm working on a plan.


ACTION: Silvia waves a hand, and gravity all over the ship disappears. Officers not holding anything lift off the ground, floating in mid air, and bouncing off the walls.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

*CEO*: Um... sure. ::heads for the nearest jeffries tube, phaser in hand::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::curses a little louder this:: Silvia: I'm trying to HELP you! Why do you not understand? You bring me here, try to start a...a....romance! Like it's no big thing! But when I offer you the chance to have whatever you want you throw it back in my face! You don't want help, you want control, and you're not going to get it over me or my crew!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

<Move that one before the action>


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::starts floating and grabs a hold off his console and pulls himself downward:: Self: Oh hell you don't. ::accesses the manual controls and restores gravity::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

Self: Aw, hell... ::lightly bumps against the bulkhead, but pulls himself to the jeffries tube::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::pulls himself into the narrow passage, looking for the holodeck's ODN connections::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: Mackenzie, get to main computer controls. Prepare the core for a full manual purge on my orders only.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

CO: Enough! ::storms towards the CO, arm out stretched, and grabs his throat, squeezing::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sets his phaser to minimum, and starts cutting through the connections::


ACTION: A voice, not unlike the computer's regular voice sounds all over the Bremen. "Stop hurting me, or your Captain dies!"


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks up from the job at hand:: *CEO*: That sounds bad. We need to cut power to the 'deck now, Tony.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::bites his lip, then looks at the warp core:: Self: Forgive me beautiful.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::pulls himself over to the warp core controls and accesses the main power feed and bypasses all main systems, dumping all the raw power into the holographic projection system::


<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Hears the shipwide voice, and wonders what the wonder twins have got up to now:: CTO: Update, mainly on why a strange voice is ordering us around


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

*XO*: We're trying to kill the holodeck. Stand by.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::crawls out of the jeffries tube::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::flips the switch and disables all failsafes and shorts::


<GM_Aoibhe>

<Silvia>

CO: aaaaaaargh! ::squeezes harder and harder on his neck:: CO: Tell them to stop!


ACTION: The holodeck blows up, sparks and smoke billowing from every holoprojector.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage