U.S.S. Sentinel - 11411.17, Mission #21

"Layover"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The Sentinel crew searching the station have managed to find what appears to be Ensign Hamlet and Cadet Rilu, trapped in some sort of stasis pod with their lifesigns dropping in and out, unable to get them open. In the meantime, stuck in some sort of simulation or creation of their minds, the two officers continue to experience death after death, each time feeling more weakened and

 

<GM_James>

pained. Who is this mysterious figure that appears to be toying with them? All we know is that time might just be running out...

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Opens his eyes, dazed, tired, confused....Really really pissed off::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::places the battered Tricorder down on an active pod's panel:: NAV: I'm trying to get an interface going..Tom I have never seen anything like this before.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Gasps for air as water sputters out of his mouth::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

<Test>

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::looks at York:: CMO: Should I get an engineering team in here, or do you have a way to get them out?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

::Stands on the bridge, waiting to hear word on the two crewmen.::

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

#::sitting in Starbase Operations, reading reports on the Sovereign-class ship docked with the Starbase::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: in transporter room with away team ::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@:: Sits up. Water still coming out of his lungs:: SCI: Hamlet? ::Coughs:: SCI: Hamlet are you there?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Get the teams, but I'm afraid to just crack these open....the readings I'm seeing are very complex, I can barely distinguish between brain patterns and all the other readings....positronic circuitry maybe?

 

<GM_James>

<TR_Chief>

::nods to the team on the pad before locking in coordinate:: MED: Ready to go on your order, ma'am.

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#*XO*: We need some Engineering teams here, Commander. We canm sure our Engineering teams will bring them. Suggestions?

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::frowns:: CMO: This is nowhere near my area of expertise. Can we beam them all to a holodeck outfitted as a larger Sickbay or triage unit?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::takes a deep breath:: NAV: I need to think....::looks as the team materializes:: MED: You, intern, get over here.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#:: steps into the quarters :: All: What needs to be done, sirs?

 

ACTION: The two officers stand in a circular ring, some sort of coliseum with empty bleachers all around. No entrances, no exits, only bare stone. It feels real, and cold.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Not yet, we need to hook up portable power units...I have no idea what cutting the power will do to the people inside.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#MED: See that open pod with the dead body inside, see if you can gather any useful information on how these pods affected the body whilst it was alive.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Feels tired, his chest hurts, and everything seems a bit off. Looks around himself, sees Rilu.:: TAC: Another round by the seems of it.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

XO: Whatever's happened to them, someone or a small group of someones did this to our crew, and to others.  They cannot have just left them there with all that equipment.  They have to still be hanging around somewhere.

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::nods, ushering in the Engineering teams:: Eng_Teams: Do whatever the Doc says. Right now, get portable power hooked up to these pods so we can move them.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#CMO: Aye sir. :: pulls out tricorder and begins scanning the body ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::tries to get the interface working, hoping to make some sense of these controls::

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::steps past the Engineering and Medical teams into the corridor:: *XO*: Ire possibly positronic in some nature.  Not sure who did this, but our men and some others are locked away in there. Theres what Doc is looking into now. It see him:: *XO/OPS*: Acknowledged. Marsland out.

 

ACTION: A voice rings out in the arena. "The testing is almost complete, you have been most wonderful subjects. Strong! Yes....yes this is perfect, you have saved everyone! Now.....fight!"

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::transmits the readings to the Sentintel::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#:: notices an abnormality on the scans :: CMO: Sir, these reading are making it seem almost like his cerebral cortex was tied into this machine somehow. Almost as if he was in a very conscious dream...

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@TAC: That will be the continuous adrenal pulse clocking into your heart.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@Sosheth: Would you just fook off!

 

ACTION: At the final command, a mixture of Hirogen and Breen warriors materialise out of nowhere, charging towards the two officers in the middle. An assortment of weapons lie scattered around the floor as if intended to be used.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

*CMO*: We'll get right on that. ::Moves over to a console and starts to separate the readings:: OPS: I don't quite trust the station either. Something is far too shady.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::looks up:: MED: That gives credence to my hypothesis....we're dealing with some sort of a neural interface.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#*XO*: Can't really be bothered now, just work on those readings. York out.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#MED: Question....how do we sever that connection?

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::steps back into the room, looking at York and Sarissa work:: CMO: Any progress?

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@Self: For fook sake! ::Grabs what appears to be a large mace::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#CMO: I have no idea. Are there any Vulcans on Sentinel that would be willing to meld with anyone affected, just to see what's going on?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Damnit Tom, I'm a miracle worker but give me some time alright?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#MED: Could be very dangerous.....I like it.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

OPS: Send a report of everything that's happened so far to Starfleet Command...If other groups are involved and not just the Federation, this station really needs to be scrutinized.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#CMO: You like it... because it's dangerous? :: feels very confused here ::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

::Sees a pike and kicks it up with his foot:: SCI: Once more shall we! ::Charges in with pike raised::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::snaps his fingers:: NAV: Tom, something this big would have registered on passive scans....there must be a scattering field in place. Get on that.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::waves her off:: MED: Sometimes the craziest ideas are the best ones, see if we have a Vulcan trained in the field.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

::Keeps working on separating the crew's readings from the computers::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#:: suddenly has a rather wild idea :: CMO: Sir, isn't Ensign Hamlet's wife a Vulcan? I keep thinking that she works in Sickbay... I might be wrong, though.

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::gathers up the facts as quickly as he can, adding in some healthy speculation, and marks it URGENT to send off::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Smiles at the lads exuberence, raises the mace in his hands, then follows him in:: TAC: Once more into the breach!

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Lunges and strikes a Breen Warrior in the chest and drives him to the ground::

 

ACTION: The warriors are brutal, attacking with cruelly hooked and bladed weapons, no finesse simply blind rage.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#MED: Remind me to tell you one day about the time I saved a ship from a nightmare eating gaseus lifeform by getting them drunk.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#MED: Get here down here, now.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#CMO: Sounds like quite the story, sir.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::smiles:: Self: It was.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::shakes his head and returns his attention to the controls:: NAV: These readings make no sense.....there's no external locking mechanism, because it's on the inside. For the occupant.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Picks a few Hirogen to play with:: Hirogens: You think you're hunters extrordinaire eh? Lets dance then, fookin' posers!

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@:: Takes a slash across his right arm:: Breen Warrior: Not so fast! ::Snatches the hooked blade from his hand and drives it through the bottom of his helmet. Spins and pulls the blade free and hacks another's arm off::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#CMO: Aye sir. :: taps commbadge :: Sentinel Computer: Computer, page Doctor Cre'el and inform her that she needs to come to the station, now. The transporter operator will have the coordinates.

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#*SB_OPS*: Operations, we have two of our crewmembers along with several from other ships held hostage in crew quarters here. Scan my comm location, tell me if therell take care of this one. Keep doing that with the think so? ::tap tap:: *Sentinel*: Wem sure I donve gotta find out who or what is controlling these pods, Commander. All the men are still wired up - we.!

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

#:: scrambles to pull emergency medical gear out of bag she brought :: CMO: Here, sir!

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Jumps to feet and in a ready stance:: Sosheth: You want to dance?! Arghhhh! ::Charges at Sosheth::

 

<Sosheth>

::swings one huge fist at Rilu, hulking and brutish:: TAC: It's just you and me now!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

*NAV*: We don't see anything from our end. Whatever's controling this thing is in the room with you. Or an AI of some sort.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::grabs the kit and applies it to Hamlet's chest:: All: Clear! ::looks down at himself sitting on the Klingon and jumps out before pressing the button::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Ducks and rolls out of the way:: Sosheth: Well I guess it's even now!

 

<CO_Capt_Parker>

#::frowns:: CMO: Doc - I think the thing controlling them might be in the pods with thems stasis pod::

 

<Sosheth>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage