U.S.S. Sentinel - 11411.10, Mission #20

"Layover"


 

<GM_James>

Summary

 

<GM_James>

The USS Sentinel remains in dock at Starbase 157, and a search party is getting ready to beam to the station to begin looking for their missing colleagues. Meanwhile, somewhere else, Ensign Hamlet and Cadet Rilu continue to go through some kind of 'test' or 'game', each time one or both of them ending up dead at the end of it.

 

<GM_James>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Just laying there, next to Birdasaurus. nursing his chest wound::

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*NAV*: Just give me the word to beam you over when you're ready.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@SCI: That was one hell of a fight huh Hammy. When we get back you better tell everyone how I saved your tail.

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

::readying himself for transport to the station:: *OPS*: Ill keep an open comm-link. ::holsters his phaser and slings the strap of his phaser rifle around his back::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Yes,

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

<delete that>

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

*NAV*: Try not to get into too much trouble. ::beams away team to the station::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@SCI: Yes...Yes it was. Now I'm just going to lay here for a bit. I'm getting old now, I tire easily.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Stands next to the Birdasaurus. Gives it a kick:: SCI: Old? That's no excuse for a klingon!

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::materializes on the station, taking his tricorder out and scanning for the SCI or TAC officers::

 

ACTION: The two officers stand next to the bird, although nothing much seems to be changing around them now that they've slain it.

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::He sits up:: SCI: No, but I'm going with it.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: looks around the otherwise quiet Sickbay :: Self: I've never been on a holodeck before... Computer, directions to the holodeck? :: starts thinking of a program she once heard about ::

 

<aCO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

::Sits in her chair on the bridge wondering if we'll find our missing crewmen.::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@:Crosses his legs and closes his eye, appearing tomeditate on thespot:

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

aCO: I will continue to get in contact with the other ships in case someone's seen anything.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Grins:: SCI: Just wait till the crew hears that one. Hold on for a second.. Don't you think the scenario should have changed?

 

ACTION: The Computer flashes up a map on a panel closes to Sarissa's location.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::He opens one eye:: SCI: It will lad. Give it time. I'm trying something.

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::smacks the side of the Tricorder:: Self: Damn this thing.  *Station Computer*: Locate Ensign Hamlet of the USS Sentinel.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

Computer: Thanks! :: begins to make her way to the holodeck. ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::retrieves his old battered Tricorder:: NAV: This thing usually works. Science officer, remember ?

 

<aCO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

OPS: Thank you Lieutenant....Do you have any ideas on where they are?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Scanning for Klingon lifesigns. ::taps a few buttons on the bulky old tricorder::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Is taking deep, controlled breaths::

 

<GM_James>

#<Computer>: NAV: Ensign Hamlet is not onboard the station.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@SCI: Hmm, you're not going to play along. That just might work. ::Sits down and crosses legs and lets out a sharp breath:: Self: Jia'kaja, tre'nu'tol'a rem... La'por i'lanu kos... I'nar tan'a'tali nor

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

aCO: Unfortunately, not in the slightest, ma'am.  That we can't scan them out is worrying, and the heavy traffic of the station at the moment means they could still be here or they could be lightyears away.

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#CMO: Well, what do you think? The computer doesns possible for us to work together.

 

<aCO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

::Stands up, but holds back the urge to start pacing while waiting for a result.::

 

<Sosheth>

@::cackles quietly to himself as he watches the two subjects, tapping out commands on his device, hidden from view::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: It's possible if you can shut your mouth for more than 10 seconds at a time. ::keeps walking::

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#CMO: We have a job to do, Commander. Lets the next one?

 

<Sosheth>

#<Nurse_Stach>

::harrumphs and turns back to her biobed, giving the Klingon male lying on it a hypospray::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::shakes the tricorder::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

Self: I see her, I hope you can hear me my dear.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Habitat section, 140 meters east. Section 4A. Chop chop.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Becomes tired of focussing, and breaks the link.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::walks towards the next lifesign::

<aCO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

::Frowns:: Capt Lek: What are your thoughts then? A kidnapping? It would make little sense unless a ransom was being asked.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@SCI: Any luck Hamlet?

 

<aCO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

<add * * to last>

 

<Sosheth>

<Capt_Lek>

::shrugs, sighing:: *aCO*: I'm not sure, Captain. But I know the man who was taken, he was a good fellow and I don't believe he'd ditch us. But I have fifty cases of Altarian winefruit that can't wait another day, so we've got no choice but to take what Station Security have said.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Sighs:: SCI: I hope so lad. I hope so.

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::trudges along behind the CMO:: CMO: I hope youve found them in some weird stasis pods in crew quarters on the station.  Request ship security and medical teams here, time now.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::walks over to the nearest pod not showing any lifesigns but showing signs of operation and looks for a way to open it::

 

<Sosheth>

@::steps out of thin air with a slow smile:: SCI/TAC: Yes, yes, you're boring me now. How about something a little more scientifically relevant?

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::jumps on whipping together a Tac and Med team to beam over::

 

ACTION: As Sosheth taps out some information on his device, the very plants and trees around Hamlet and Rilu begin to slither and curl, lashing out and grabbing or hitting at the two men.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Bat

 

<aCO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

*NAV*: Good to hear from you. Even better that you've found them. I'll send the teams immediately. Send your location and we'll beam directly to you.

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Tries to bat them back, whilst growiling at the stranger:: Sosheth: Who are you?

 

<Sosheth>

<Computer>

MED: Ensign Sarissa, there is a message waiting for you.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::opens the active pod with no lifesign and hopes he's wrong::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Pulls the knife from his boot. Slashing:: Sosheth: Where are we? And where is the Sentinel?

 

<Sosheth>

@::smiles and ignores them, engrossed now in his device, tapping at the display::

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: groans :: Computer: Play message.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Find out whose quarters these are.

 

<Sosheth>

<Computer>

MED: Report to transporter room 1 for medical team duty.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

Self: Damn. Computer, replicate dry uniform. Hopefully I can work fast... ::looks down at dripping wet uniform ::

 

ACTION: The pod opens up, and inside there's what appears to be something humanoid, although the wounds covering it's entire body don't show much. Burns, slashes, cuts, it looks like this person was almost tortured.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::closes his eyes and sighs::

 

ACTION: More and more plants attack the two, long trunked clubs smashing, smaller vines whipping and attempting to strangulate.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::walks over to the stasis pod containing the Klingon lifesigns and attemps to access the controls::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@Sosheth: Answer me coward!

 

<TAC_Cdt_Rilu>

@::Continues to slash at the plants::

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#::transmits his coordinates over to the Sentinel::

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Damnit....I can't get these opened.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::bangs on the pod:: SCI: Klingon! Can you hear me?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::runs over to the one with the Bajoran lifesign and tries to open that one::

 

ACTION: There's no response from either pod.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#NAV: Don't just stand there and look stupid, help me get these things open!

 

<OPS_Lt_Baudin>

::starts beaming teams over to the coordinates provided::

 

<SCI_Ens_Hamlet>

@::Is being choked by the vines:: Sosheth: We'll get you next time then.

 

<MED_Ens_Sarissa>

:: runs into the transporter room at the last minute :: All: I'm soo sorry I'm late!

 

<aCO_LtCmdr_Stradiot>

*CMO/NAV*: Would a power surge or shut off bring them out of it?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#*aCO*: Don't you dare, we have no idea what these things are doing to their neural network.

 

ACTION: With no pomp or ceremony, the vines snap both Hamlet's and Rilu's necks, just one twist breaks them both as easily as snapping twigs.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_York>

#::looks at his tricorder as it starts beeping:: NAV: Lifesigns are gone!

 

<NAV_LtCmdr_Marsland>

#CMO: What if we lock onto the lifesigns and beam them to stasis....

 

<Sosheth>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage