U.S.S. Atlantis - 11411.05, Mission #1023

"Azure-Te"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Lieutenant, how's everything looking under plain warp drive?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Everything seems to be operating within normal parameters, Sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns to T'Kirr :: See if Engineering is ready for slipstream flight.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: initiates internal comms :: +CEO+ Bridge to Engineering.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: watches the helm readouts carefully, but Atlantis seems to be humming along nicely ::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: keeps an intent eye on the sensor arrays, checking to make sure none of them malfunction again ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: running diagnostics on the power systems... again. ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*XO*: Engineering. Illaihr here commander.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: recognizes Ilaihr :: +ENG+ Ensign. Is Atlantis ready for slipstream flight?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*XO*: We're still doing a few systems diagnostics down here at the moment. We felt it was better to be safer rather than sorry, even though if everything went wrong; we wouldnt really have much time to be sorry.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Seated at his new desk, finishing up some number crunching.  He doesn't require peace and quiet for much, but it is occasionally helpful for in depth concentration, and he's finally just finished chasing down that software hiccup in node 47.  Gave him an excuse to sit down with a cup of coffee anyway. ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

+ENG+ How long do you estimate until your diagnostics are completed?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Uploads the patch, and resets sensor node operation to reflect the newly and properly plugged hole in its coverage.  That done, he noted by the blinking light that a comm line to the bridge is open., and taps in to the conversation. ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*XO*: Five - Ten minutes tops. But before they do, I'll run the results past the Chief and you for final confirmation.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

+ENG+Thank you. T'Kirr out.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: glances at CO ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Reaches for the button to contact Ilaihr, but stops at the last minute. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods :: Check and re-check all related systems in the meantime.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Five to ten, eh?  Okay, let's see it.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods and gets to work at her terminal ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: When we get the clear from engineering I'll give a final go/no-go poll to all bridge stations.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: If you find even a hiccup, you let me know.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Grins and settles back for his somewhat uncharacteristic waiting game.  He's still trying very hard to gain some level of expertise when it comes to Ilaihr and his quirks.  And it's the worst kept secret in the galaxy that some engineers take liberties when offering time estimates. A valuable insight! ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Yes, Sir.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye aye.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Instead, he makes a mental list of the shirts in his closet, and tries to select the best one for shore leave. :: Something bright.  Goes without saying.  

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Thinks to himself:: Self: Where is the chief....? I dont feel comfortable running his show.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Engineering: What have we got ladies and gentleman? Give me the full unabridged run down of the diagnostics and their results, so we know where to focus our attention.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: checks the structural integrity field and inertial dampeners ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: The slipstream drive is being installed in a third ship. I'd hate for the Discovery to have to come all the way out here to fix us in the meantime. This technology needs to mature.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: focuses primarily on her work :: CO: I agree. What are you thinking?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Engineering: I'm not an expert on Quantum Slipstream; but I know if any sensor node is out of alignment, any structual intergrity field loses power, or the harmonics of the deflector dish waver, we will be hurting. So what good and bad news do we have to show the senior officers?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: I don't want to give it a black eye by having to be towed home from the beta quadrant, but I will if necessary.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up at Blackthorne ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: doesn't quite get the figurative nature of the Admiral's statement, but says nothing ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: It's still quite dangerous and I have to be sure we'll survive the flight.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: wonders how to give a slipstream drive a black eye ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*~+SCI+~* Wright to T'Lira.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

*CSO* T'Lira here, sir.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Monitors the diagnostics as the results come in.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: more quietly :: CO: What are you suggesting?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SCI* T'Lira, now that all of the sensors have been repaired, I'd like you to put them through their paces and make sure everything is functioning as it should be before we attempt Slipstream.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

*CSO* Aye sir. I will proceed to do so immediately :: begins testing the sensors by having them scan for comets and other space debris. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Just that I'm anxious to see this become as commonplace as warp drive, and as... casual.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: perks eyebrow and resumes her perusal of technical checks :: CO: It is indeed a...fascinating age we live in.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: To even find warp drive casual is rather absurd, but that's where we are.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: halfway listening to the Admiral wax philosophical ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: After about FIVE minutes, Quinn's own workaholic nature gets the best of him, and he decides he's let Ilaihr sweat enough.  Exiting his office, he leans out over the second level railing, and addresses the engineers from above. :: Engineering: I have just completed my own personal fine tuning of the sensor grid.  It has my own seal of approval.  

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Smiles as the diagnostics are green across the board:: CEO: Well sir, the diagnostics just came in.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Green lights. I'll let the bridge know.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*XO*: Ilaihr to commander T'Kirr.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Nods :: ENG: You do that.  Excellent work.  All of you.  Lost track of how many miracles we pulled out of our butt this time.  That's the kind of lackluster math I wouldn't mind suffering again in the future.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Indeed. When one takes into account our combined histories, warp drive is fairly new technology. However, once achieving such a method of travel and knowing how it works, it's a simple thing to...what is the phrase? Take it for granted.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

+ENG+ Go ahead.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods as the comm opens ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*XO*: Diagnostics are showing green light across the board ma'am. I'd say we're good to get this literal and metophorical show on the road.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

+ENG+ Thank you, Ensign. Good work.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CEO*: We're engineers lieutenant, it's in our job description. So are the rounds of drink later in the mess.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: taps a quick few strokes at her console :: Engineering is ready, and my checks are complete. :: looks to CO ::

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: notices that the sensors seem to perform quite well at their tests ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods to T'Kirr :: Yellow alert, shields up.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*XO*: Not a problem commander, I'm also sending the results to your console in case you want to look over them one last time. ::transfers the results to the commander's station on the bridge::

 

ACTION>

Atlantis goes to Yellow Alert.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SCI*  T'Lira, how does everything look?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

+ENG+ Very good, thank you.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: Configure the shield geometry for slipstream flight.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

*CSO* Very well, sir. The sensors are performing as well as can be expected. Node 27 was off by a point on accuracy, but I have corrected the error.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SCI* Very good, thank you.  Wright out.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: quickly checks all systems one last time just to make absolutely certain ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: You've all earned it.  Just make sure you can put your head back together in a hurry if needed.  Ask anyone who's been here a few years.  These systems offer more surprises than you'd think from time to time.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: OK folks, give me a go/no-go for quantum slipstream flight! CSO: Operations?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  :: takes a deep breath ::  Operations is go.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Tactical.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*CEO*: Well then, I see I came to the right ship. Its boring if everything works correctly all the time.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: quickly checks the flight solution the computer has for the route ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

McKnight>

Shields at full strength, control begrudgingly turned over to the computer.  Weapons power shunted to structural reinforcement.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

McKnight>

We're good, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods :: NAV: Helm.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: checks one more time :: Helm is go. Guidance computer has a solution and nominal power is available through all flight modes.

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Agreed.  But I think I'd be okay with a little bit of boring after this, wouldn't you?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up from her reports :: Go for slipstream, captain.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*ENG*: Wheres your sense of adventure sir. Theres all the possibility we could end up the other side of the galaxy is something goes wrong. I think that would be incredibly fun.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Shipwide* All hands, stand by for slipstream flight. Secure yourselves and all stations!

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: discreetly puts PADD away before it goes flying ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: secures herself and her station ::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Engage the quantum drive launch sequence, target the slipstream to open in one minute.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: grips her chair ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Senses the tension as the QSD is activated, braces on the console accordingly::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO:  Aye sir, initiating launch sequence, slipstream opens in one minute from..... :: beep boop bop :: now.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: One minute folks, speak up if you see a problem.

 

ACTION>

The slipstream drive itself in engineering hums louder and louder as it powers up...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Thirty seconds.

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches sensors intently ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Ten seconds.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: watches the main viewer ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Slipstream forming in five... four,  three... two... one.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Basks in the QSD hum, like music::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: watching critical systems with laser focus ::

 

ACTION>

An ethereal tunnel forms on the viewscreen around Atlantis, and there's a bit of shaking as we transition flight modes, but it smooths out.

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: Is taking notes over her first experience with quantum slipstream ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: turns from his console to watch the viewscreen ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: checks and checks again :: Stable slipstream flight achieved.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: her first slipstream experience while awake, anyway. ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Holding on to the rail a little tighter and planting his feet.  And some anxiety is to be not just expected, but hoped for.  But he trusts this machine.  He DID know one of the women who helped make it a realit, of course. ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Gets all crazy professor at the drive:: QSD: Its alive....ITS ALIVE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: lets out a calming breath ::

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Start the celebrations a little early, ensign?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: imperceptibly relaxes, at least imperceptibly to most ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Good work, all. Keep an eye on those readings.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Not at all, we got her working, we are in slipspace. Every use of her is a marvel, of which to bask in the glory of. We'll have transwarp before you know it.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: making minute adjustments to the structural integrity field and inertial dampeners ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: And most importantly sir. You have a fine team down here.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Another one of those, huh?  Well, optimism never hurt anyone.  For now, let's just stay alert the next few hours.  Make sure this step toward that is on solid ground.

ACTION>

A few uneventful hours pass. Well, if you call hurtling through slipstream space at ridiculous speeds relative to normal space uneventful.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Approaching the terminus of the slipstream.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Shipwide* All hands, stand by for return to normal space.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: Now if remember rightly, this is where it actually gets bumpy.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Normal space in ten seconds.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: holds onto the chair arms ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Normal space in three.... two..... one.

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: diverts more power to inertial dampeners ::

 

ACTION>

Atlantis emerges from the slipstream with a KA-CHUNK, throwing things and people around a bit.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Slipstream flight has ended. Calculating position.... Torae Einx system. Drift from target coordinates... just under 20 AU.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Rubs his shoulder that took the impact as he was thrown against a bulkhead.  No real harm done, though. :: Heh, well there's your fun, Ilaihr.  Ow.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Nicely done. CSO: Signal Alexandria for docking clearance. NAV: Take us on in.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Louder, to everyone :: Everyone okay?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

ENG: Well sir, I think we'll have to find a remedy for that. Despite how exhilerating it was.

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: shakes head slightly to clear it from the impact against the head of the chair she was sitting in :: Self: That was not a... fun experience.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: signals for docking clearance as instructed ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

ENG: Reminds me of the severly antiquated warp engine I had aboard Betty.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: resumes regular warp flight toward Alexandria ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Alexandria Dockmaster>

*CSO* Granted, and welcome back to the alpha quadrant.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: drops warp flight once they've arrived in Calaphaltra orbit, and angles Atlantis for the spacedoors, matching sidereal velocity with the starbase's rotation ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Alexandria*  Thank you.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: And Commander... thrusters only. :: smirks ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir. :: cuts impulse and slowly glides Atlantis through the spacedoors ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: does a yaw rotation and back Atlantis into her berth :: Station umbilicals and moorings in place.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Transfer Atlantis to starbase power.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: I've yet to run into anything that does NOT remind you about Betty.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: tap tap tap ::  Transfer to Starbase power complete.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

ENG: You should know what its like. Your first love. Can never really let go, and I was with her for so long.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

<CEO>

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: taps both hands on the chair arms as he stands :: Bridge: Brilliant missions everyone! Secure all stations and power down.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

ENG: Do you think I should invite the bridge crew for those drinks sir?

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: sees only a few reports of minor injuries coming in and decides he's not going to be necessary in Sickbay ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: begins the power down sequence and secures her station ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Docking bridge in place. :: powers down the helm ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage