U.S.S. Hyperion - 11410.20, Mission #25

"The Patrol"


 

<GD_CJ>

Summary: The Tactical department has finished interrogating the prisoner, by which I mean he clammed up after finding some semblance of a spine. With little more than a name and a crazy belief system, the Hyperion turns its efforts to defusing the explosive devices on the planet below.

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::steps back out onto the Bridge, giving everyone a silent nod then heads for his seat::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::stands, getting out of the CO's seat and moves to hers::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#OPS: Commander...Lyon was it?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::wishes for a cup of coffee or perhaps something stronger, but his previous captain had strong convictions against beverages on the bridge:: CO: Aye, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#OPS: Have Engineering prepare 20 portable subspace isolation field units immediately, independant power source and easily attachable to a moving target.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::addressing emergency medical teams:: MED Team A: You're in sickbay 2, deck 7 MED Team B: You're in sickbay 3, deck 10. Any questions?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Starts to make the necessary preparation for emergency warp out of here::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#NAV: Mr. Gunn, after your preparations are complete, take us into stationary orbit over the main continent, I want us within transporter distance of every bomb down there.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::taps on the console in her armrest, calling up SFHQ with CO's warning message::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Is waiting in Transporter Room 1, equipped with a phaser, a backup phaser, a phaser rifle and his usual assortment of knives and sharp things, whilst checking the results of his reference search of 'Rolan':: Self: There are a lot of people called Rolan out there.... ::Scrolls through the partial list of results:: But not the one we're looking for.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Of course, sir. ::his fingers are moving across the console before he even finishes speaking. He had read across them in his research, and quickly sends the orders to Engineering::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Yes Sir.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: The units will be with the away teams before they depart.

 

<GD_CJ>

<MED_Hiller>

MED: Are we really expecting casualties on the ship?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#OPS: Thank you Commander.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Sir, when you have a moment, I've come across something in the schematics of the detonator.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#XO: Danann, those units might be all we have to contain the destructive force of those devices. Please inform the local government to start evacuating the areas....even if they won't listen.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::steps out of his office with a quiet frown on his face:: MED_Hiller: Expect the worst, then all of your surprises are good ones. We prepare for casualties always in the hope that our preparations aren't required.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::pushes himself off out of his chair and walks back to the top of the Bridge:: OPS: What do you have ?

 

<GD_CJ>

<aENG_Mingna>

::hurries into the transporter room, loaded down with equipment:: TAC: S-... sorry I'm... late...

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::thinks long and hard about how to word the CO's warning. Goes with "SFHQ, XO Hyperion reporting. Restrict all ships, repeat, all ships from Mizaran sector. Possible subspace damage imminent. Subspace comms may become impossible, will keep you informed while I can"::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Checks the Transporter Room chronometer, wondering where his team is::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Yessir... ::presses send on the last message, and starts into a new one:: Self: I should probably just put a big-ass comm unit in my ear and go sit at the back of the bridge...

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::points to the detonator itself:: CO: Sir, if I know things that go boom, and I have some knowledge, these things are shoddy. Like an afterthought. Frankly, it looks like they could fail if you sneezed too hard.

<GD_CJ>

<MED_Hiller>

::nods to the doctor:: CMO: Yes, sir.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Looks Mingna up and down:: aENG: Its cool. I aint a stickler.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::rubs his forehead and leans forward onto the console:: OPS: So pinning a subspace field unit on one of these assholes might set it off? In theory?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::look sup to order OPS to open a channel, but sees he's busy with the CO, so stands up, and does it herself on a console to the side of the bridge::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: I've been working on isolating the exact frequency to block it, but it's proving more elusive than anticipated. I can deploy probes to cover the entire planet with the signal once I have it which should prevent the detonators from working.

 

<GD_CJ>

<aENG_Mingna>

::quirks an eyebrow and hobbles up onto the pad:: TAC: Ready, sir.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::hands each med team a set of medkits and supplies::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::knocks his fist against his console:: OPS: Make it your number one priority, Commander.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Nods at Evans and Mingna as they step onto the pad:: *CO*: Douglas to the captain. My team is assembled and we're ready to depart on your orders sir.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Possibly, but I can factor the units into the equation and use them to enhance the signal.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods:: CO: Aye, sir. The computer is already working on it. I'll add the isolation fields to the mix.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::Taps comm badge while she's trying to get through to the planet:: *TAC*: Affirmative. Beam down, Ensign. And remember... stay calm. No haring around, got it?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::taps his badge:: *TAC*: Deploy as many teams simultaniously as possible, if they are in contact with one another, we don't want to tip them off. As soon as you materialize, I want that unit attached to the person and him subdued.....you know the risks, make sure your people do also.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::gives OPS a thumbs up while he talks to Douglas::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

*CO*: Aye Captain. I'll make it so.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::turns from the screen and trots the short distance over to the CO::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods and steps over to Rousseau:: MED: How're preparations actually looking, Ensign? Do we have all three primary sickbays on alert?

 

ACTION: A second team enters the transporter room, ready to beam down as quickly as possible after TAC::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*TAC*: Then engage when ready. Keep an open comm link with Danann.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::starts typing on the console again, adding the required variables, only pausing a moment to release a series of probes to cover the entire planet once he sends out the disruption signal::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks at CO horified, mouthing "oh, thanks::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

*XO*: You do not have enough faith in me commander. This is serious shit, I've got my big boy trousers on.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::rubs his forehead again, thinking it's good Lee's not around::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: Yes, Doctor, all sickbays are staffed and ready.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

*CO*: Thank you sir.

 

<GD_CJ>

<TAC_Evans>::glances to Douglas::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*TAC*: Ensure they stay on, Blondie. ::pauses:: *TAC*: Good luck down there.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sits back and waits for the computer to crunch the numbers, idly playing with the ring on his left hand::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#XO: Ready?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Meets Evans gaze and smiles:: *XO*: See you later for that drink ma'am. Trans-Chief: Cheif - Energise

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: We have reached stationary orbit Sir ::Thinks he is so ready to get out of here::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#NAV: Thank you Cadet.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: The planet has responded... pretty much as expected. Some reaginal leaders have taken the message to heart and are issuing a suggestion that their people evacuate... I swear, I- ::shuts her mouth, not a conversation for the bridge:: CO: They're as well prepared as they are ever likely to be, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::nods:: XO: You have the Bridge then.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::walks towards the TL and steps inside::

 

<Milo>

<Trans-Chief>

::nods, and does the energize thing::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#TL: Brig.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods, smiling slightly:: MED: Let's just hope they're not required, eh?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::ponders the universe::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::frowns, turns with CO as he leaves:: CO: Aye sir...

 

ACTION: TAC's team disappears in a shimmer of light, appearing in a lightly-populated city street below, near a housing complex.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Walks onto the bridge, having assigned and equipped all of the ATs::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::taps his fingers on his console, very impatient::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::steps into the Brid, then looks at the Operatior:: Operator: You're dismissed.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Heads straight to the tactical station, and begins monitoring the lifesigns and comms of all 20 ATs::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Has a good sniff of the air:: Gamma: Right guys. Tricorders out, we needa scan for those tricobalt signatures.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

Bridge: All right, folks. I wanan know the second any of you spot anything you consider odd or noteworthy, got it? OPS: Commander, keep a lock on our Away Teams. If things go shouth, I want them back up here in a flash. ::folds arms nervously, realises her choice of words and cringes::

 

<Milo>

<TAC_George>

::furrows his brow some, but nods, giving the Captain the brig::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::smiles over at her:: XO: Aye, Commander. All teams targeted and ready to be beamed back at the twitch of a finger.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::waits for the TAC officer to leave, then walks over to the occupied cell::

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::sits quietly in his cell, seeing to have calmed considerably::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#Kivan: Hello.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Begins scanning for the nearest device to Gamma's position::

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::looks up to the Captain, saying nothing::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Wonders if the Captain will have more success than just the name she got from Kivan::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#Kivan: I need to speak to Rolan...I think he may have the right idea.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: I hope you're known for your twitchy fingers. ::steps back to the command circle and sits down::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::can only snicker:: XO: I twitch with the best, Commander.

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::frowns some in surprise, looking to the Captain::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::looks tired....because he is:: Kivan: It's time we fight back.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: Sir, Would you prefer I stay here or go with one of the teams?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::The tricorder chirps as it indicates a device on around the third floor of a housing complex adjacent to them. Points the Gamma in the direction and takes point, with Evans up the rear::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Twitches slightly, as she hears a familiar voice, and hopes that she just misheard someone else, focussing back on the away teams::

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::ponders the man for a moment, thinking:: CO: You're tired of the status quo.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::almost said she should ask his husband, but that might be a bit much::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::chuckles despite the tense atmosphere:: OPS: Lucky husband. ::smirks::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::barks a laugh despite himself::

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::slaps his hand against the bulkhead:: Kivan: I'm tired of beaurocracy! I've lost countless friends keeping the peace. And always I have to stand back and watch, while....animals like the Tzenkethi invade and slaughter planets!

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Hears the laugh, and looks up for certain, looking around the bridge::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sees the new OPS officer, and curses very low to herself::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::taps on his console, urging the computer to hurry up::

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::nods some:: CO: Rules get in the way. Traditions, values... they keep us from getting things done.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::scratches his chin as he picked up a PADD and goes over the last few details:: MED: Stay here, take any priority cases and anything from the Bridge or Main Engineering. Otherwise, you're in charge in Main Sickbay here.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Looks at the building, visually scanning it, trying to find the best point of ingress. There are lots of windows, and several doors, which hostile forces could be watching from::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

NAV: While things are calm, I want you to run simulations. If those bombs do blow, I want to know exactly how long we'll have warp available to us, and how far you can get us, understood? If we only have a few seconds, I want to be sure we aim in the right direction...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#Kivan: And I've had enough...recently I've had to 'sit back and wait' while the people that hurt me get to KEEP hurting others. But....I think there's a way to strike first. But, I can't do it alone.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::turns towards Tactical to say something looking right into Joanne's eyes, giving grin:: CTO: Good to see you, old friend.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: Yes, sir. Understood.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Keeps her head down a little, wondering how best to handle the unexpected situation of having Lyon, of all people, on the bridge with her, but the situation is taken out of her hands::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Returns his grin with a small uncomfortable smile:: OPS: Commander.  It's been a while

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::accesses the console on the bulkhead and types in his Command codes, overriding the security systems and shutting down all recording devices::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Starts running simulations on every possible scenario:: XO: Aye

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CTO: Too long. ::hears a beep and looks down at his console:: XO: Commander. A moment please?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::smiles lightly, looking up from his PADD:: MED: You're a fine doctor, Isabelle. I know you can handle it.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::glances back at CTO, sees her expression and stands, moving over to her:: CTO: What is it, Jo?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::murmers to herself:: Self: Or not long enough.

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::stands up, nodding more, seeming relieved:: CO: There's a better way. Rolan showed us.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Shakes her head as Danann approaches:: XO: Nothing Commander. Just getting my head in the game

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::glances over at OPS:: OPS: Yep?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::glances up at her:: XO: There are multiple detonation frequencies, we've only isolated five of them so far.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#Kivan: I've disabled the feeds...::motions for the holorecorder:: Tell me how to reach him.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: Thanks, Commander :: smiles in return::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: Looks like we can be out of here about 2 and half second after we beam everyone out, that is if we do get everybody.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@Gamma: Evans, you get the door on the south side, take Mingna. I'll take one of those first floor windows.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::reallocates some of the computer resources to work on the problem::

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::frowns some:: CO: It's not easy... he's very careful about making contact with anyone. But... I know a subspace channel to monitor.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: Can we assume for the entire range of the frequency band, and neutralise them all? Broad spectrum, take them all out at once, even if they're not being used.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::looks over as one of the babies wakes up and cries a little bit, the father reaching over to comfort it:: CMO: let's hope all this casualty prep comes with minimal to no casualties...

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Notices something on her console::

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::shuts off the forcefield and looks at him eye to eye:: Kivan: Help me.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: Commander, a word?

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO: Unknown, looking into that now. ::turns his attention back to the console::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::As the other two move to covertly access the south side door, Soule takes a run up and climbs a rain pipe to the first floor, and jimmies the window open::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::follows her gaze with a nod, and a tired sigh. How long had he been up now?:: MED: That's always the hope.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: You'd be my new favourite person if you can make it work... ::turns to CTO:: CTO: What's up, Jo?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: It appears the Captain had just deactivated all recording equipment in the Brig. Was that planned?

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::bites her lip:: CTO: Check with engineering, it might be a glitch.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::taps a few buttons, frowns, taps some more, frowns again, grumbles a bit and taps on his console again::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: I take that as a no then.  I'll see who I can get hold of in ME

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::glances about nervously:: CO: Will you return me to the planet?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

*ME* Have you, for some unknown reason, recorded a glitch that would affect the recording systems in the Brig?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::looks up at the holorecording for effect, then back at Kivan:: Kivan: I'll figure something out....I can't be implemented in helping you escape, but I think we can trigger a...cascade failure in the security systems. ::Smiles::

 

<Milo>

<ENG_Tavers>

*CTO*: Lemme check...

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Criss-crosses the first floor, just to make sure that nobody is down there before comm clicking for Gamma to follow him up the stairs::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::taps some more before sighing:: XO: You will have to find another favourite person, Commander. The probes' emitters won't be able to emit a blanket signal. They just don't have enough juice, but with reallocating computer resources, it will take about 20 minutes to isolate the rest of the frequencies.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: Do it. We'll call that Plan B, yea?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Senses the Captain isn´t in his right mind and looks at the XO::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

OPS: Just leave us with comms and essential systems.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: They were born shortly after the away mission, I just finished entering their birth records in the computer

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods:: XO: Plan B it is, and I already reallocated computer resources. Some of the squints down in the labs might have complaints later on.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::As the others catch up, he starts moving up to the second floor::

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::Grins in relief:: CO: Subspace frequency 129.7. He uses it to send short, coded messages.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Taps the top of her console, whilst waiting for Eng_Tavers' response::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#Kivan: What can I send so that he will know I am one of you?

 

<Milo>

<ENG_Tavers>

*CTO*: Negative. The system was shut off manually.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

ENG: Thanks

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::notices NAV's look, tilting her head with curiosity:: NAV: You OK there Cadet? If you need to go, go now. We won't be stopping once we've gone to warp.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: Manually done Commander. Rome turned them off himself.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::looks at the console, seeing an admin query in progress:: Kivan: Quick, they're onto me.

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::frowns some:: XO: I don't know... He's always been the one to initiate contact. But I'm sure you could get his attention.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::looks hurried::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::After a check of floor 2, they begin to covertly move up to the third floor, weapons up. Soule and Evans putting a subspace module close to hand::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::frowns at the information from Joanne, knowing this is not what should happen::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::steps back out of the cell and engages the forcefield:: Kivan: Just sit tight...I can't get you out now without being implicated, but...I'll come back. Trust me.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::nods to CTO, taps her comm badge and stands up, heading over to CTO's side:: *CO*: Captain, we're experiencing a few system glitches, sir. I'm going to send an engineering team to take a look at the holorecorders down there in the brig... They appear to be offline. ::looks at CTO with concern::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::clears his throat and taps his badge:: *XO*: Everything fine down here Commander, there seemed to have been a small glitch but I am fine..how are you?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Nods silently:: XO: Want me to go down? I'm not sure if he is actually compromised or hatching some dasterdly plan ala Rome

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Signals Mingna to determine which unit the bomb is in::

 

<Milo>

<Kivan>

::swallows and sits tight, trying not to look nervous::

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: We are ready to go if something start to happen down there. ::Looks back at his console and trusts the CO's judgment::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::nods knowingly at Kivan then steps out of the Brig:: TAC: All yours.

 

<Milo>

@<ENG_Mingna>

::brings up a layout and points to the flashing unit::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*CO*: All's quiet sir, I'm gonna send that team down to make sure- ::hears a lot of shouting on one of the AT comm channels. Turns waves to OPS to order an engineering team to the brig and turns to CTO:: CTO: Status of that Away Team, Jo.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods and dispatches the engineering team to the brig::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::feeling the calm before the storm...::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Listens in:: XO: There is alot of shouting, I can't make much out.. And phaser fire

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*XO*: Have...the handsome one, start a passive scan for a subspace frequency 129.7. Just passive.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@:Nods at Mingna and raises rifle, as he and Evans move into position to go through the door::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: Isolate and prepare to beam them back if you deem necessary.

 

<Milo>

@::nervously fiddles with the vest, trying to find the detonator:: Self: Shit, shit, shit...

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*CO*: Er, which one's the handsome one, sir? ::rather thinks it's a good-looking crew all round::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: I already have locks on them, and am monitoring lifesigns::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::walks towards the TL and runs a hand through his beard....worried that most of what he said to the poor kid was the truth:: TL: Bridge!

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

XO/CTO: Transporter locks on the ATs are stable.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Shares a tentative glance with Evan, before they boot the door down::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*XO*: The new kid on the block. I'm on my way.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::smirks:: OPS: Run a passive scan for frequency 129.7. Be sneaky.

 

ACTION: The Hyperion's sensors light up as one of the devices detonates, cutting the AT channel to static. A mild subspace ripple is detected, though it's not enough to affect warp travel.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Beams back whoever she can::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: There are some mild subspace ripple that I detected on sensors but it wont affect out ability to get out of here ::Checks on console again just to make sure::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sees the detonation and checks to see if his subroutine managed to pull the AT out before the detonation:: CO: Passive scanning, aye.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Evans shoots the target with a stun blast as Soule charges module in hand to secure the device::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::steps onto the Bridge as the TL doors part and sees the look on the faces of the Bridge crew, then closes his eyes for a moment before striding towards his seat::

 

<Milo>

@::shouts in surprise before falling to the floor, stunned::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::speaks softly:: Self: Rolan.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::starts the passive scans on the subspace frequency:: XO/CO: We are getting the last of the frequencies for the detonators.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

NAV: ...Just... scan the area, Cadet... I want to know all we can about the effects of that detonation. ::voice is flat, shocked::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: How many did we get back?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Places the subspace module over the device, breathing a sigh of relief at Gamma::

 

<Milo>

*CMO*: Medical emergency in Transporter room 2! Beaming them to sickbay!

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Has his eyes locked on the console testing every reading and double checking everything XO: AYE

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::..and the storm hits::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::watches CO::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

XO: One...I think

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@*XO*:Commander we have a device secure. ::sounds angry as he felt the explosion in the distance::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CTO: Tell the other teams to pick up the pace.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Yes Sir....::Gives him a look before sending out the communique to the remaining 19 teams::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CTO: One, you... think? ::taps comm badge:: *CMO*: Danann to Kymar, report, doctor. How's your patient looking?

 

ACTION: A badly charred, screaming man is beamed onto a biobed. An arm and leg are missing, as is half of his face.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::speaks softly, still stunned by the event:: CO/XO: Sirs, we have all nineteen frequencies isolated. Sending the jamming signal now.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::straightens his jacket and squares his jaw:: CTO: They have their orders, Lieutenant. 18 devices left.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@Gamma: We needa pick up the pace. Next nearest device Ming

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::Stands up and heads for OPS:: OPS: Transmit. Then give me an update on your scans of the frequency reported.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Murmers again:: CO: Not what the look was for, Captain

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::ignores Joanne's jab, knowing full well what the look was for::

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::finishes programming the transmitter and sends the signal to the probes circling the planet, to blanket the entire surface.::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::scans the man, with tricorder, examining the extent of his injuries, administering Lectrazine to stabilize him::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Moves double time out of the building, whilst feeling a mix of emotions at the explosion.:: *XO*: Commander how many did we lose?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO/XO: We are ready to warp out of here, the ripple does not affect the warpdrive

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

::straightens up from his console, turning around to face the captain:: CO: Transmitting the jamming signals, and no activity on the subspace frequency, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#OPS: Then keep looking, Commander.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Nurse: Radiation meds, cortical stimulator!

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*TAC*: Keep your head in the game, Soule. ::voice cracks:: *TAC*: The faster you get done, the better.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::turns on his heel and heads back to the center of the Bridge:: All: This is not over, we can mourne later.

 

<OPS_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Aye, sir. ::turns back to his console without another word, his head bent to the task::

 

ACTION: One by one, the detonators are deactivated, but one has to wonder if the damage isn't already done.

 

<Milo>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage