U.S.S. Hyperion - 11409.29, Mission #22

"The Patrol"


 

<GD_CJ>

SUMMARY: After hitting a dead end at the interstellar cloud, the Hyperion filed a report and continued to Mizar II, where the Vonnegut is investigating 'an incident.' The beleaguered Caldik outpost was non-specific as to what it was.

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::has the bridge::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sits in the XO's chair, watching her crew work around her::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Has Tactical, and also has a cup of spearmint tea::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Is doing diagnostics of the weapons systems, and preparing the MVAM as ordered::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Preparing to jump out of warp::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::is busy briefing the roaming medical team after brow-beating the EMH into cleaning up sickbay::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: What the? ::Notices a communique from the Vonnegut:: XO: Ma'am I'm getting a transmission from the Vonnegut.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gives the defensive systems a once over, as they prepare to exit warp::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

NAV: Let's get this show on the road. Engage.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: We are receiving a hail from the USS Vonnegut.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

TAC: On screen. ::stands up and looks at the main viewer::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Puts the hail on screen::

 

ACTION: The handsome young Captain Harris appears on the screen.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::smiles broadly::

 

<Capt_Harris>

*Hyperion*: Hyperion, welcome to Mizar II.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::looks up, and gives the man on the screen a cursory glance::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*Harris*: Thanks, visiting here's been on my bucket list since before I owned a bucket. ::smiles:: I'm Commander Danann, the Hyperion's first officer.

 

<Capt_Harris>

::grins at Danann:: *XO*: Udonis Harris. Nice to meet you. How much did Caldik tell you about the situation here?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::steps forward a little:: *Harris*: Somewhere between none and... none. ::folds her arms:: *Harris*: I assume you are better informed than we are?

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::sends their latest report to Starbase 621 and closes his console, then stands up and grabs his jacket::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::rather thinks Harris looks young to be a Captain already... resolves to look him up when she gets a chance.::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::realizes EMH is still on, as she's tuned out his complaining by now, and deactivates him::

 

<Capt_Harris>

::chuckles:: *XO*: You could say that. Poor Caldik's swamped, and a little incompetent. Don't tell 'em I said that, though. Long story short, there was an attempted suicide bombing at an event in Kovik, a regional capital. The suspect is in the wind, and we're having to wriggle our way around some jurisdiction issues.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#<EHM>MED: The nerve! ::disappears::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Puts in the cords for the route around Mizar II::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::steps out of his Ready room and quickly notices Captain Harris on the screen::

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Perks up at the words Suicide and Bombing::

 

<Capt_Harris>

::nods to Captain Rome:: *CO*: Captain.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Thinks that Harris seems a little too good to be true, and that his beaming good nature towards them is probably hiding something::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*Capt*: Captain. ::takes his heat:: *Capt*/XO: Continue, please.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*Harris*: I see... ::steps a little to the side, still in charge of the comm conversation until Rome chimes in:: *Harris*: Any idea what point the bomber was trying to make?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::gives the disappearing EMH a sigh, and rolls her eyes::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::activates his console and starts bringing up the reports from the ground::

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

Self: Suspect in the wind..... by Kahless the Unforgettable, this may be my time to actually shine....

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Continues to ensure that the ship's defenses are at their peak::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::rolls her eyes after over-hearing TAC::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#NAV: Mr. Gunn, set a course for Mizar II at full impulse then establish a geo-synchronous orbit.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Looks up at the screen to take a glimce at Capt. Harris::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Engage´s command::

 

<Capt_Harris>

::shrugs some:: *XO*: Eyewitness reports claim he shouted 'It has begun' before tryng to set off the explosive. The detonator failed, and the bomber escaped, mostly because the Mizarians didn't try to stop him.

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::opens the comm:: *Sickbay*: Sickbay, prepare for casualties.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::turns back to the medical teams:: Teams: OK, Team A will take Decks 1 through 3. Team B will take decks 4 - 6..

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Merely senses Danann's eyes roll and sighs::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CTO: Joanne, full tactical scan. I want eyes on the system and the ground.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

*CO*: We're on it, Sir

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

*Harris*: They didn't try to stop him? Are you kidding me? ::gets a hold of herself:: *Harris*: Can you send us any data you have, Captain? We'll see what we can track down.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::steps out of his office at the sound of the alert:: MED: Prep the beds, you're here with me for this one. Make sure that the triage centres are stocked and the roaming teams are on alert.

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Checks her screen::  CO: It was initiated as soon as we came to a stop, Sir

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::gives her a silent thumbs-up::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*Capt*: Harris, did the Mizarians ground all ships and disengange transporters?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::turns to CMO:: CMO: Yes, Sir

 

<Capt_Harris>

*XO*: Pacifists; they felt he didn't actually commit a crime, so they let him go. Fortunately, there was a Federation delegate attending the festivities as a goodwill gesture, so we're able to investigate. I'll send you what we've got. ::looks to Rome:: *CO*: They did not, but there hasn't been much traffic. We've marked the ships that have left, and Starfleet is watching them closely.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::twists at the hip, looking over at Rome::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*Capt*: That's not good enough Captain. I want those ships apprehended and searched.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::steps over to OPS and whispers something to him about getting those files from the Vonnegut right away::

 

<Capt_Harris>

::frowns some, checking something on his char console:: *CO*: If you want to take over the investigation here, we should be able to get to nearest ship in about... four hours.

 

<Capt_Harris>

<aOPS_Fales>

::glances to the XO and nods, prepping the transfer::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Becomes almost noticeably excited, and stares at Danann::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*Capt*: Then those are your orders, Captain. ::hates to pull rank but as much as he admires Harris' guile when it comes to battle...the young man has less experience than he does::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*Capt*: Keep us appraised of your progress. We'll see what we can find out planetside.

 

<Capt_Harris>

::nods some, relaying the order to his NAV:: *CO*: Understood, Captain Rome. Good luck.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::glances up and sees TAC looking... what? confused? constipated? hungry?... shrugs and steps over to him to see what is up::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Has one ear on the conversation, and prepares for some forensic digging through the documents, at a security level::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::checking inventory on the triage centres::

 

ACTION: The comm switches off.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#XO: Who's in charge down there?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Clears his throat as the commander approaches:: XO: Commander

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::waits for the influx of patients patiently, fidding with the biobed readouts before finally tapping his comm badge:: *Bridge*: Bridge, this is Sickbay - Where are our casualties?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

TAC: What have you got, Blondie?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::checking systems on biobeds::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

XO: I was wondering if I could get a look at that report. Specifically anything on the explosive device.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: A Counselor... Mol. Not sure how he pronounces it.

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*Sickbay*: False alarm Commander, I apologise. Suits me for barging in on Danann's calls. There was an attempted suicide bombinb on Mizar II, however it seems the device failed.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: That's good news..

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::sighs:: TAC: Wait in line, kid. ::throws him a wink and steps back to the Command centre::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods to Rousseau, letting her know to stand down:: *CO*: Understood, Captain. Sickbay is standing down. ::cuts off the comm and sighs:: MED: A lack of casualties is always good news. If boring news.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Receives the files, and starts looking through them, seeing if she can find anything atypical, or a thread that can be unravelled::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#XO: Get me what the Mizarian's have on the situation, then prepare an away team.

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Ship is in route to orbit Mizar II

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::adjusts his uniform and crosses his legs:: NAV: Very good, Cadet.

 

<Capt_Harris>

<aOPS_Fales>

XO: Files received and sent to tactical, Ma'am.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CTO: Joanne, any anomolous readings?

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

XO: Commander! ::Straightens his back and takes a deep breath:: I was trained in special operations at the academy, including assest aquisition and explosive ordinance. If the assailant is in the wind, that device could tell us who he is; A bomb can tell us a lot about the person who made it, and where he's gone to ground.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

CO: Fales is on it. Feyna should be getting the bulk of the data soon. ::clears her throat and taps her comm badge:: *MED*: Grab a med kit and a smile, Ensign. Away Team duty. Meet us in Transporter Room 2.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sighs, as she can't find anything in the documents and investigation. Just a little on the explosive, and the intention to run a scan focused on the residual tricobalt signatures::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Checks his screen for anything out of the ordinary::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Not really Captain. It would be good to know if the Vonnegut ran their scan for the weapons residue

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::nods up to OPS:: OPS: Nice timing. TAC: Well, you can stay here and read through documents, or you can accompany me, Gunn and Rousseau to the surface...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CTO: Check their logs.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

CMO: at least if there's another one, we'll be ready...

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Smiles:: XO: I'll grab a PADD, I can read it on the way. ::Smile gets bigger::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Stands up and gets ready for the away mission::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::chuckles quietly, nodding:: MED: At least there isn't such a thing as being 'too prepared'. Keep up the drills, Ensign, you're doing a good job.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::with that, he steps back into his office and goes over the performance reports from this morning::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*CMO*: Commander Kymar, if you have the time, please report to the Bridge. I'd like your input on this investigation.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

NAV/TAC: C'mon boys. Let's not keep the doctor waiting. ::trots up the bridge, gives the CO a nod and steps into the turbolift::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::smiles, nodding at CMO::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::puts the PADD back down seconds after picking it up, tapping his comm badge as he stands:: *CO*: Acknowledged. On my way, Captain.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Checks the logs:: CO: No scan recorded Sir. Might I recommend that we perform it ourselves?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

XO: Ready sir.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Follows the commander into the turbolift after he transers the report into a PADD::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CTO: At your discretion, Lieutenant.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::steps back out, heading for the Turbolift with a smile for Rousseau:: MED: Good luck on the away team, Ensign. Have Nurse Wotesh run the drills. ::lets the doors close and heads for the bridge::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Smiles over at Rome, and their formality, before beginning to set up the scan::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::Grabs a medkit, heads over to Transporter room 2 for the away mission::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

TL: Transporter Room 2.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::steps off the Turbolift and walks over to rest his hands against the railing, watching out at the Viewscreen:: CO: A long time ago, I imagined suicide bombing missions would be a distant memory by the time I was an old man. Either I'm not old enough yet, or those were the thoughts of a naive young soldier.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Senses humor and relief from his shipmates::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::steps into the turbolift to Transporter room 2::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::looks from TAC to NAV:: ALL: So... no running off, understood? If we all get back alive, I'll buy you guys ice-cream, deal?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::looks over his shoulder and smiles:: CMO: Let's hope this was a one time thing, Doctor.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods slowly:: CO: What happened, do we know?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

*Nurse Wotesh*: Please run the emergency drills while I'm gone

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Glares at the Danann:: XO: How about I buy you a drink instead?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::steps off the turbolift and onto the Transporter pad::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::shrugs:: TAC: Beer floats, then. ::steps out of the turbolift and trots towards the transporter room::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Initiates the scan, hoping for some successful results::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: Very little. There was a poitical gathering of sorts in the capital. The suspect apparently said...::reads from the console:: It has begun.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Is so ready on the transporter pad::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

XO: And there, I took you for a spirit lass.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: The Mizarians....::sighs:: let him run off. Honestly, those people...

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

TAC: I got spirit up to my oxters... sometimes, you just gotta go for a nice, warm beer. ::steps onto the transporter pad::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Checks phaser again, better have it on stun::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::checks her tactical belt, making sure she brought her phaser::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::settles her own phaser into her holster. Looks up and seed MED:: MED: Doc, good to see you. C'mon.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Follows the Commander onto the pad, whilst reading from the PADD:: XO: Fair enough, I'm sure I have some Guinness hanging around somewhere

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::shakes his head sadly:: CO: A shame. Did they keep the device, anything like that, or is there a chance that the suspect is planning another attack somewhere?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

TAC: What is this Guinness thing?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::waits for transport, gives a quick smile to the Lt.Commander::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

NAV: Irish Bitter

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::winces:: TAC: Guinness? That stuff does not travel well. ::turns to her team:: ALL: Everyone set? Good... ::turns to the Transporter Chief:: Chief: Hit it.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: That is what the away team is about to find out. The reports are sketchy at best.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

XO: Good thing I take care of it then

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: See if you can access the Mizarian transporter database for the time of the attack and the couple of hours after, perhaps we'll get lucky.

 

ACTION: The Away Team disappears in a shimmer of bluish light, appearing on the outskirts of a kind of grand fair. Mizarians and other species herd about, pondering various exhibits and demonstrations. A few official-looking Mizarians stand nearby.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

CO: So we could be looking at more casualties? That's great...::holds back a few choice, muttered words about the Mizarians::...If we had some scans of the device from their reports, we might be able to pinpoint a location from here. What was it - Thermolyte, tekasite, sorium?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::looks over at Joanne to answer that::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Scan is still running Sir, no results as yet

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@::looks around::

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::takes the Captain's suggestion and rolls with it, finding the nearest console and logging into the public access system on Mizar::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: I doubt the Mizarians have any restrictions on their records. If someone wanted to let them use their transporters to invade, they'd probably give them the codes.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

@::Checks surroundings for activity::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Looks around, sniffing the air, and feeling the atmosphere::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

@::looks around the area, taking in the view::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@All: Smells like pacifism

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::looks up at the massive sky above her head, and shudders. Hates being planetside:: ALL: OK, let's go talk to the natives... ::steps forward, towards the official looking Mizarians::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: There are some traces having been picked up, but we won't get a clearer picture until the scan is complete

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::chuckles at just how easy it is and starts sorting through the logs:: CO: The only problem with that is that there's a lot to go through.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::nods to Joanne::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

@TAC: not a bad thing, the problem is when there's wolves amongst the sheep

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: Let's hope Joanne's scans come up with something, then perhaps we can cross-reference it with the transporter records.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

CO: There are few explosive devices that don't leave a trace during transport, we should be able to find something.

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: Keep at it, Doctor.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Gives a twisted smile over at Rome::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::starts typing up a report::

 

<Counselor_Mol>

@::gives a pleasant smile to Danann:: XO: Welcome to Mizar II. I am First Counselor Mol. You've come at a wonderful time; the Unity Festival has just begun.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::nods to the Mizarians in front of her:: ALL: Hello. I'm Lt. Commander Danann, of the Starship Hyperion. I'd like to speak to whoever is in charge around here?

 

<Counselor_Mol>

<put mine before XO's because I'm special>

 

<Counselor_Mol>

@::nods:: XO: That would be me.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@MED: It is far too easy to blend in with a crowd of pacifists, you just have to look happy-go-lucky, and gurn like an idiot. I like the air of suspicion you get from; I dunno, Klingons, Romulan, Cardassians. You dont have to worry about a wolf, they are all wolves.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ Mol: That's wonderful, but I'm afraid we're not here to sight-see, Counselor. ::glances around at the merriment surrounding them:: Mol: Is there somewhere we can talk in private?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

@:: Senses that Danann is not 100% which makes him more on high alert::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ Mol: Preferably indoors?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

@ XO: Everything alright Sir??

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

@TAC: very true.. ::listens to what Danann and Mol are saying::

<Counselor_Mol>

@::Grins:: XO: Certainly. Right this way... ::walks off towards a smaller building on the outskirts of the festival::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::looks over at NAV in surprise, then remembers he's telepathic::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CTO: Joanne.....the bomber. He said "It has begun"....can you see if you can find any mentions like that in the criminal database?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks up from her tricobalt scan, and nods:: CO: Of course, i'll start the database search alongside that of the device

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::waves her Away Team to follow:: NAV: Don't you ever get the feeling that you're not standing on the ground, but that instead, the ground is pushing your feet up into the sky? ::walks on as she talks::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Initiates a search with the tag "It has begun"::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

@ XO: Could that have something to do with the size of this planet here, I bet the gravity here is more than on Earth.

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@XO: Commander, I'd like to go to the exact spot the attempt was made. Get a lay of the land, see what 'he' saw:

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

#ST_MissionRoom1 @::scans the crowd with her eyes for possible suspects.. Maybe someone a little off kilter..? Then follows Danann::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CMO: Just for your information, the report states that the device explosive base was tricobalt.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ NAV: I grew up in a series of increasingly small space stations. I prefer to have a roof over my head. It feels less... infinite. ::grins despite her mild unease::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::looks up:: CTO: Tricobalt? That's highly regulated.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks down, and notices something:: CO: Captain, the scan has found something. A definite trail, circling back to the festival

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::stands up:: CTO: Send the information to Danann immediately.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

@:: Looks at XO Danann and understands::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sends the report to the XO immediately::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: Definitely tricobalt

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#CMO: See if you can lock onto him.

 

ACTION: The Counselor leads the Away Team to a small auxiliary building, away from the festival. Upon opening the door, they're greeted by a small, frightened Mizarian, holding a phaser of some kind.

 

<Counselor_Mol>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage