U.S.S. Bremen - 11409.25, Mission #27

"Overhaul"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen - Stardate 11409.25 - Mission # 27

Overhaul, Part 2.


Summary:

The Bremen has been vacated by the senior staff, who are now on the Defiant-class USS Belligerent, Captained by Kesh' Suder, and on their way back to Earth for a hearing. Some of the crew are probably drunk, others are probably nervous about getting to Earth, but one thing is certain, there is no such thing as a dull day on a Defiant.


<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::yells unnecessarily loud as he jogs through the corridor:: Crewman: ON YOUR RIGHT!


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::in sickbay, writing medical reports::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::curls up on the tiny bunk in his cramped quarters, quietly going through the PADDs of data he's decided he'll probably need come the hearing on Earth. Documents, detailed accounts, Captain's Logs, it's all here in neatly ordered piles spread around::


<Capt_Suder>

::Standing on her bridge, her conversation with CEO still going around in her head, presumably because it's likely still going around his, too::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::in the mess, sits down with his coffee and opens his flask to spike it a bit::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes a sip of the pseudo-irish and thinks back to last night....the fight with Kesh still nagging him::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::grins as he leaves the startled crewman in his wake::


<Capt_Suder>

::turns to her science officer:: aSCI: Lt. Bucky, I want a full sweep of the area, long range scans. Let's tread on the side of caution, OK? After our last mission, I'm still a little jumpy.


<Capt_Suder>

<aSCI_Bucky>Suder: Aiy, ma'am.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::jogs into the mess, sweaty arms raised in victory:: CEO: Machine man!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over the brim of his cup:: CTO: Shut up. It's too early.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::marks a few careful passages, a slight smile on his face as he reads through a few of these old accounts::


<Capt_Suder>

<aSCI_Bucky>

Suder: Captain! There's.. someone just at the egde of our sensors. It's registering as a Starfleet vessel. Intel suggests there shold be none witin several lightyears of our position.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::moves over to the table and sits opposite the engineer:: CEO: How's your face?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: Handsomer every day.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes a sip:: CTO: What's up Henry. You're awfully chipper.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs softly, having not been set up for the joke he wanted; he shrugged at the question:: CEO: I dunno... something about being court-martialed just gets me excited, I guess.


<Capt_Suder>

::steps over to Bucky's station:: aSCI: Pull it onto the main screen. ::watches the holoscreen come to life, and squints at it. Frowns, frown deepens:: *CO*: Griffiths... your presence is requested on the bridge. Pronto.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: Yeah...it's a hoot.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::wanders into the mess, a thick coat bundled in her arms and a hint of frost on her face. immediately orders up a hot drink to breathe in.::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::looks up slowly, wondering why she sounds like she's sucking a lem- Oh. Silly question:: *Suder*: On my way, Suder. ::taps his comm badge to close the link, makes sure his uniform is straight then makes his way to a Turbolift::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::raises an eyebrow:: CEO: What are you so grumpy about? You're not the one getting sent to prison.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sighs:: CTO: Long story. And you're not getting sent to prison.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps off the TL and onto the small bridge, glancing over at Kesh:: Suder: What can I help you with...Captain?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::shrugs some:: CEO: Does it have to do with that late-night visit from Suder?


<Capt_Suder>

::turns on her heel and looks back at CO. Waves him forward and draws his attention to the holo-viewer:: CO: What does that dot look like to you?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: You heard that, eh?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::frowns as he squints at the viewer, preferring the old optical systems himself:: Suder: It looks like a ship....Intrepid class. Is there another one out here? The Bremen should be half way to 323 by now.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::notices CTO and CEO and wanders over:: CTO: Was that you I heard making a racket through the halls?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods to Sh'Hruvek::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::smirks:: CEO: You guys weren't exactly using your indoor voices... ::he nods to sh'Hruvek:: SCI: Ensign; have a seat. I was just enjoying my morning run when I ran into this glum bastard. ::points to Tony::


<Capt_Suder>

CO: Intel reports no other Starfleet vessels in this area. Definitely no Intrepids. ::folds her arms and turns at the waist to look up at him:: CO: Why is your ship following us?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shrugs and takes a sip::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: I don't think it's exactly out of place to be 'glum'.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::points at sh'Hruvek:: CTO: See. She get's it.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances at her over his shoulder, one eye on the viewer:: Suder: You tell me, it's your relief crew in command.


<Capt_Suder>

::sighs, nodding the truth of that:: aOPS: Hail them.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::narrows his eyes slightly, lowering his voice:: Suder: If you've gone and dropped hostile elements on my ship, Suder, we're going to have words.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::rolls his eyes:: CEO/SCI: Doesn't accomplish much, except make the line between your fake nose and real face visible...


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::drops the issue and stands just to the side and a little behind the Captain's chair, wanting to hear the result of the hail - maybe there was an emergency?::


<Capt_Suder>

::smiles, remembering her night:: CO: I could say the same, Rhod. You have a Chief Engineer with a serious chip on his shoulder.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::makes a sarcastic smile::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::pulls up a seat, throwing her coat over the back--and definitely might give Tony a glance around the nose:: CEO: It's barely noticeable.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::chuckles quietly, probably for the first time in a while:: Suder: He's on leave - not my Chief Engineer right now, so what you two get up to is your business.


<Capt_Suder>

<aOPS_Kiral>

Suder/CO: No reply, sirs.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::raises his hands:: SCI/CTO: Hey. Cut it out. I think it's quite nice.


<Capt_Suder>

::shudders:: CO: No, I'm done with - ::turns at her aOPS's words:: aOPS: Aboutface. I'm not having my ship tailed like this...


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods some:: CEO: Very dashing... ::glances between the two of them:: CEO/SCI: I still don't think you guys have anything to worry about. I'm the one in trouble, here.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::folds his arms across his chest, watching the viewscreen:: Suder: Are my command codes still active? Let's see if we can tap into the bridge comm system and get a view.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO/SCI: We can at least agree that the kid here is safe. She saved the day.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::proffers a high-five to the Ensign::


<Capt_Suder>

CO: Grab a console. It's worth a try. ::feels a little concerned::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::winks at sh'Hruvek:: SCI: Drink ?


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: They pulled the entire senior staff. If it was just you, you'd be the only person of interest here. ::if there wasn't already a chilled blush on her face, there would be from their efforts to cheer her up, and she lifts her hot drink:: CEO: Already covered, thanks.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::huffs::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::watches her quietly, his hand still raised::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::walks over to the wall panel and brings up the command activation channel, inputting his text code and seeing what he has access to:: Suder: Putting it up on screen now, Captain. ::taps out the command and opens a one-sided comm to give them a visual::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: ...Why do you have your hand up?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::almost spits out his irish::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs, reaches out out to grab her hand and bump it limply against his:: CEO: Aliens...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::laughs::


ACTION: The screen flickers, crackles with digital distortion, but eventually clears to reveal Suder's relief crew all unconscious, slumped over consoles and across chairs on the bridge of the Bremen.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::frowns:: Suder: They weren't like that when we left.


<Capt_Suder>

CO: Damn right they weren't. aNAV: Get us back there, pronto!


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: Hey now, that could be construed as species-ist.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: He's not....trust me. One time, there were these two Denobulan women...


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps back over to the console, tapping out his command overrides again:: Suder: I'm going to see if I can shut down her engines remotely - They might have had a problem, came to find us as the closest vessel, and lost consciousness. There could have been spores hiding in the system somewhere!


ACTION: The Belligerent whines to life and it shoots back the way it came. The whole ship shivers and shudders as it streaks towards the Bremen.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods some:: SCI: It could, if it were not also a joke... ::looks over at Tony:: CEO: And it was one Denobulan and a Farian.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: Sorry.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::feels the shudder of the jump to warp for moment, then returns to his reports::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::feels the vibrations in the deck::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::slams his hand on the console with a mutter:: Suder: Dammit, I don't have access to anything critical, I'm locked out.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CEO: I don't want to know! ...What was that?


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks around to notice everyone else looking around:: CEO: Did we just turn around?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Overpowered engines. A problem with this class of vessel. Don't worry.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shrugs::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

::is turning a little green from the repeated vibrations. As relatively new to space travel decides she need to go to sickbay, without asking permission runs into the turbolift headed to get something to settle her stomach::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods some, for the Ensign's sake::


<Capt_Suder>

CO: What can you gain access to? ::taps her comm badge:: *MED*: Tomesu, prepare for casualties, possibly many. Prep an EVA suit for yourself and a team. We may have to send you over to the Bremen. Be ready on my word.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

Suder: Nothing active, only passive. Engines, Shields, Weapons, Life Support, all locked out - I can get communications, lights, I can even turn on some music in the lounge. Nothing useful.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*Suder* Aye, captain. ::finishes his report and starts to prep for away team duty::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::purses her lips:: CEO: Is that all.


<Capt_Suder>

::frowns::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: They really should get a decent Engineer on this ship to fix that.


ACTION: The Belligerent comes up alongside the Bremen, which has slowed to a halt in space.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps back from the console, seeing the Bremen on screen slowed down:: Suder: See? I didn't do that. There might be someone on board, we should try and hail Main Engineering.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*Medical staff* Right, let's go. Matar, I want three EVA suits and the team to prepare for away team duty. G'reth, prepare sickbay for casualties, and see if you can acquire crew quarters for triage.


<Capt_Suder>

::goes to sit in her chair:: CO: I didn't think you did it directly. I was simply wondering why your ship was trying to sneak up on-


ACTION: The Bremen opens fire on the Belligerent, a strafing run of phaser fire digging into the smaller ship's outer hull.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::spills his coffee as the ship rocks::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::rocks in her seat:: CEO: That isn't the engines!


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::feels the judder of phaser fire and holds onto the table::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::clutches the table as the ablative armour take a hit:: CEO: Oh, good... ::takes off for the tactical systems::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: no....no it's not.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::stumbles hard against the wall, putting his hands up to cushion the blow:: Suder: They're firing at us! Who was on that team?


<Capt_Suder>

*ALL*: All hands! Battle stations!!!


<Capt_Suder>

CO: My best people, and my XO! ::rocks in her chair:: aNAV: Evasive manoeuvres!


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: Where are you go-- ::aaaand he's gone:: CEO: Where does he think he's going? We're not crew on this ship!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shrugs:: SCI: He likes to play the hero.


ACTION: The Belligerent takes another round of fire, consoles spark and fizz ominously.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::reaches for his flask and takes a sip while the ship rocks::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::feels torn between stepping back out of the way - He's not an officer here - and wanting to find out what's happened to his ship:: Suder: Dammit! Dammit to hell, someone has my ship! ::stumbles again as the second hit rocks them::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::stares incredulously:: CEO: You seem extremely unconcerned that we're being FIRED ON, sir.


<Capt_Suder>

<aSCI_Bucky:: ALL: INCOMING!!!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Nope. I'm concerned. There's nothing I can do about it however.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::accesses a comm panel in the corridor:: *Suder*: Where do you need help, Kesh?


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

::Having gotten something to ease her unsettled stomach takes her place at navigation and begins to, finally, initiate evasive manoeuvres::


ACTION: The Bremen releases a mess of torpedoes at the Belligerent's weapons arrays, consoles burn ship-wide as systems begin to overload.


<Capt_Suder>

*CTO*: Get up here!


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods and runs to the nearest turbolift:: TL: Bridge, on the double!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::slaps his hand on the comms button:: *Belligerent*: Bremen crew, this is Griffiths - Find a spot and start fixing it, leave is cancelled!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands up and wobbles over to a console and tries to bring the external sensors online::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::hears the Captain and sighs:: Self: This is not happening.....


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::goes back to his console and starts running through his codes, trying to access the Bremen's systems and shut them down::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over at sh'Hruvek:: SCI: To your station, Ensign.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::watches the screen:: Self: Holy crap....it's the Bremen.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs towards the hallway and bumps into a passing crewman:: Crewman: Engineering! Where?


ACTION: Multiple consoles on the bridge explode, including the one at Suder's side, sending her flying across the small bridge, landing in a heap to the side, unconscious and seriously hurt.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::runs out of the mess, head ducked in case of flying objects or sparking consoles and what not, to get up to the bridge::


SCENE: Half the consoles on the bridge are shot, their occupants are all either injured or breathing their last.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs in the pointed direction::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::stumbles away from his console as it explodes, shaking his head and looking around to spot Kesh on her side, onconscious and bleeding:: *MED*: Medical emergency on the bridge! Get a medical team up here! ::scrambles over to her quickly::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::grunts and tumbles onto the floor, seeing Kesh go down; he steals a passing crewman's commbadge, and moves to an auxiliarry console, bringing up the tactical systems::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*CO* On our way ::picks up his medkit:: *Nurse* Let's go. ::runs out of sickbay::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

Suder: Dammit, Suder, not now! ::he checks her vitals quickly, then looks around at the similar state of the bridge before hitting the comm again with a glance over at Henry:: *Belligerent*: Bremen crew to the bridge, battle stations!


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::begins trying to reroute power to get the phasers online:: CO: Permission to return fire? Weapon systems only, and such.


<Capt_Suder>

::splutters blood as she tries to speak, a nasty hole burnt into her chest and the side of her face badly injured with shrapnel::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::puts Kesh in the recovery position and takes the unfamiliar seat, glancing over at Tactical with a nod:: CTO: Henry, I never thought I'd say this...Evasive manoeuvres, come up on her port quarter and return fire. Weapons and Shields.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::runs onto the Bridge and sees Suder on the floor:: *Suder* Captain!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::arrives in Main Engineering and pushes a crewman out of the way:: *Bridge*: Bridge this is Tony. I've taken command in Engineering....their Chief's...he's not good. Attempting to recharge shields!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*CEO*: Keep those shields up, make sure the ablative generators are at full charge, Tony!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Aye aye Captain!


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::runs to Suder and scans::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shakes his head, trying to clear the effects of scotch pumping through his veins::


ACTION: The Bremen turns to face the Belligerent in a perfectly sweeping arc.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::finishes his reroutes and nods:: NAV: Let's see some fancy flying, er... ::glances:: ... Cadet... ::shakes his head and targets the Bremen's weapons and shield array, firing at will::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::ignores the panic she's picking up on all sides to pile into a lift, nearly falling out when it reaches the bridge, leaping to the science console and not taking a seat before initiating or completing any scans that were being run at the time::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::accesses the secondary power relays and shunts the power into the shields::


<Capt_Suder>

::looks up at MED, mouthing words and she struggles to breath::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::turns to see his crew coming throguh the turbolift:: SCI: Ensign, find out who or what is controlling the Bremen and see if you can get my command access unlocked.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::turns back to the conn:: NAV: Keep up the evasive manoeuvres and stick to their port quarter, weapons coverage is lightest there and we can stay out of most of the weapons fire.


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

::Begins to perform moves that some more experienced navigation officers can't even do, after all growing up all she ever wanted was to be the best- her best and worst quality::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: Sumner, if you get this. Focus your firing on deck 7, starboard side. Those emitter circuits have been giving me trouble for weeks.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

Suder: It's okay, sir. You'll be fine.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks to Kesh before going back to work:: *CEO*: Got it; we also need as much as we've got to the shields. We won't take many more unprotected hits. ::targets the emitters on deck 7::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::covers as a coolant pipe bursts:: ENG: Get that under control!


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CTO*: What do you think I'm doing?!


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::pushes himself up from the seat and steps over to the OPS console with a glance back to Suder, the doctor looking over her:: *Bremen*: USS Bremen, this is Captain Griffiths - Whoever is in command, cease fire immediately!


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: Umm Captain... I'm losing helm control trying to compensate


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

*CEO*: Uh... drinking? ::fires::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

Nurse: We need to get her to sickbay.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

CO: I need help to get her to sickbay. Who can you spare, sir?


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

NAV: Keep on it, Cadet.


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

::desperately begins tapping away at her console getting more and more frustrated::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes deep breaths and ignores Henry, then brings up the SIF controls and reroutes power through the tertiary systems:: *Bridge*: Bridge, I've freed up some power for shields and engines..


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::turns to the Doctor, looking around for a second:: SCI: Ensign sh'Hruvek, accompany the doctor to Sickbay and keep me updated on her condition.


ACTION: CTO's phaser fire impacts on the Bremen's shields.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*CEO*: Good work, Tony, see what else you can get for us.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CO: But sir--::grabs the console and barely stays on her feet:: CO: We need to figure out what's going on with our ship!


<Capt_Suder>

::coughs up blood, hand raising in CTO's direction::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

SCI: Thank you. Let's get her up.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::glances about at the familiar readouts:: CO: Shields at 77%.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs over to the Tactical systems and glances over the shoulder of a Bolian Lieutenant:: ENG: Well done, keep those weapons hot!


ACTION: CO gets no reply from his comm.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances back towards the conn:: NAV: Keep it under control, Cadet. Let inertia do the piloting for you.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

Nurse: Take her legs. I'll need to hold her head. SCI: You hold her body. Just be gentle.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks back to Kesh; he sets the phasers to fire automatically and moves to her side:: Suder: Hey; we gotcha, you're gonna be alright...


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

CTO: They'll stay up, bring down her...her shields. ::turns again and gives Raqiin an apologetic look:: SCI: Don't worry, Ensign, once we're out of combat we'll need you all the more.


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::takes a breath and moves to MED, doing as told, moving her arms under the body to help lift::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: I'm trying Captain, I really am I just... ::She jumps up and yelps as helm finally begins doing her bidding and inertia takes hold::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain! We're losing containment down here if you don't get us out of here!


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks over to the conn:: NAV: Is the Bremen still stationary?


<Capt_Suder>

::shakes her head at CTO, tears in her terrified eyes. Raises a shaking hand to her neck, fumbling with a chain she had hidden beneath her uniform. Pulls at it til a small data chip appears. Tries to pull it to break the chain, but can't.:: CTO: Tell Dremel... I tried... ::falls into unconsciousness::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks around frantically for the containment controls, then spots them::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::curses and slams his fist on the console:: NAV: Break off, move us away and take us out of warp - see if there's somewhere nearby you can hide.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::takes Suder out from the bridge with his "porters" and takes her to sickbay::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*CEO*: Tony, we're retreating. Give me shields and warp!


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: There's a nebula not far off but I'll need warp a little longer sir... there's nothing closer


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::takes the chain from Kesh as she's carried away, looking to it for a moment before pocketing it and moving back to the console::


ACTION: The Bremen fires phasers and torpedoes once more, targeting Belligerent's non-essential systems, weapons, propulsion...


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::heads back for the center chair with a scowl:: CTO: Cover our retreat, Henry, fire a couple of torpedoes to keep the Bremen occupied.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shunts all available power into shields and warp engines::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

NAV: Set a course for that nebula and engage at maximum warp, Cadet.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: You got it!


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: Yes sir


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods, trying to push Kesh out of his head for the moment:: CO: Aye, sir. ::fires a torpedo spread at the Bremen, more for cover than anything else::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

NAV: Engage!


<Capt_Suder>

::shudders and stops breathing::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

:: rapidly types in the commands to get to the nebula which is now closer than her initial reading suggested::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::puts Suder on the table:: SCI: Thank you. Nurse: Get me 50 ccs Hydrocortazine


ACTION: Like a small, rotund, silver rubber band, the Belligerent streaks off in retreat towards the nebula.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::brings up the sensors on his chair console, checking for pursuit::


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::out of breath:: MED: There's something you can do, right?


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: nebula is fast approaching sir jumping out of warp in 5, 4, 3...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes a moment to regroup:: ENG: Start restoring our containment field!


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: we're in the nebula sir at least I think we are


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs back to Shield controls::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

SCI: Of course.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

NAV: Take us in on thrusters only, don't leave a trail.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::almost trips over a fallen crewman but keeps going::


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::tries to keep his attention on the viewscreen::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

::does as her captain commands and they enter the nebula::


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::takes the medicine and injects:: Nurse: Let's treat those burns.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::hits the comm:: *CEO*: Tony, I want you to prep the systems for low power output as soon as we're safely within the nebula. We're hiding.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Aye sir....a completely shut down of the warp core...?


<Capt_Suder>

::fails to begin breathing again, her burnt lips going a sickly shade of blue::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: we're in sir. How much further should I go? If I go too close to the middle it may be too tricky to get out


<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

MED: She's not breathing, she's not breathing, can't you-- ::moves back out of the way of the nurses and leans against a bed::


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances over at Tactical:: *CEO*: Keep it on a slow burn - We'll need weapons, sensors, life support.


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

NAV: Find us somewhere dense to hide, plot a random walk to keep them guessing.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: I'll do my best sir, but these cores burn hot.


<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

Suder: Come on, Captain. Stay with us.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::checks sensors:: CO: She's following us, but slowly; we may have handicapped her.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::activates the antimatter flow controls and starts dialling down::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO:On it Sir. I mean done sir. I mean Course laid in Sir


<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

CTO: Henry, you've served on a Defiant before. See what you can do to minimise our output. We're playing cat and mouse...but I want to be the bird.


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks to the Captain and nods, bringing up a readout of the MSD::


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: I set it to fly us round in circles for a bit and then I will change position slightly and repeat


<NAV_Cdt_Thomas>

CO: just like a drunken bird ::chuckles picturing the aforementioned memory::


<Capt_Suder>

<<<Pause>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage