U.S.S. Atlantis - 11410.01, Mission #1019

"Azure-Te"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: answers T'Kirr's quiet statement about no hands being lost :: Aye, we did it.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  Telthis is rising at a steady rate now.  My projections show it leveling out around... :: taps several keys ::  1.4 bar with the current hardware in play.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Not quite up here, but close enough for proper repairs, I should think.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: nods ::  CO:  Affirmative.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Is stood at the computer station, having a conversation about the complex equations that he's working with, trying to eek any assistance out of her::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

*conversation with the computer

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: powers down the crush can and climbs out after Miraak ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Send out a bulletin to all nearby ships to look out below.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  I propose repositioning Atlantis at the 1.4 bar level to meet Telthis.  Communication to all ships, aye.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Self: Oh mathematics, why do you forsake me!

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*All Vessels*  All vessels, this is Atlantis.  Telthis will be rising from below us to the level of approximately 1.4 bar.  Look out below.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  Telthis has risen past the storm strata.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: That we can do. :: still sitting at helm since Harper isn't back, so with a grin, he engages the engines and begins a dive ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: glances up momentarily from her data screen at Ian with some concealed amusement ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: won't pass up an opportunity to fly ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: 0.5 bar and descending.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Telthis approximate ultimate location is 30 km off our starboard bow.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

0.8 bar.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: emerges from the crush can next to Miraak and pats it affectionately :: Good little ships, these.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

1 bar and I feel fine.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: is anxiously awaiting visual range so they can watch Telthis slowly loom upward from the clouds below ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

1.2.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

::Smiles::  I don't think I ever fully appreciated the design up until now, honestly.  Nice to know we had something on hand that could impress even you.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Permission to activate visual display focused on where Telthis will be?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: By all means. :: levels off and settles into a holding pattern :: 1.4 bar.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Begins feeling a small increase of pressure in his inner ear represented by a screeching sound::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns on the screen ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Miraak: They are a feat of engineering.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: watches with anticipation ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  Telthis is at 1.6 bar and rising.  The rate of ascent is slowing somewhat.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: That makes sense. :: once satisfied with the holding pattern, he too looks up at the screen and watches ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes a look as the get closer ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  1.5 and climbing slowly.

 

ACTION>

After a few more agonizingly long minutes, the balloons break a layer of clouds, followed by the rest of Telthis as it slowly rises to meet us.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

Well, we'll have them and Telthis back to work in no time.  Not that we don't appreciate the retrofits.  You work fast.  

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: taps keys ::  Bridge:  Looks like she's a little banged up from the storm, but not too badly.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

If any of you ever want to consider a change of profession, you'll all have no end of guaranteed references.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Miraak: We try!

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Finishes with the calculations, doesnt feel 100% positive about them, so stares them down, hoping they make sense:: CEO: I've completed the calculations sir; needless to say, they are not my best work, and I definetly require someone to check it.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks back down at his readings, then up :: CSO: Would you say she's safe to dock with?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes a closer look at the new, clearer readings ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Miraak: I must return to the bridge. I am sure the Admiral would like to see you, if you would wish to accompany me.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: stares intently at her screens ::  CO:  We'll have to get closer to be sure, but I think so, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: It would likely be safer to use the transporter anyway, since many of the ships put quite a strain on those docking connections before disconnecting.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO: :: Nods ::  You are correct, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns to T'Kirr :: Have engineering return the crush cans to their original state so that we can get our shuttles back aboard.

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: monitoring Telthis status from a console and privately marvels at how some plans can be carried out perfectly and with no fatalities ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Walks over to Ilaihr's seat, newly replicated mug of iced coffee in hand, and begins peering at his work. :: ENG: Where's the main difficulty?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

NAV: I'd say obliging the Admiral a little is the least I can do.  Lead on!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

+CEO+ T'Kirr to Engineering.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: leads him into the TL :: Bridge.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: I just need someone to look over the equations, I'm not the best mathematician. And the computer can only help so much sir.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Shakes his head a bit at the comm chime. :: ENG: Honestly, I can't see that any of the heat convection plans will be necessary at this point.  The station's risen to the point that Atlantis can reach her.  And so can the locals.  Rehabilitating Telthis the rest of the way may be something we can delegate.  But I'll happily have a look if it'll...give

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

closure or something. In a minute.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

+Bridge+ Engineering here.  This is Quinn.  Go ahead, Commander.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*CEO* Mr. Quinn, you're clear to begin returning the crush cans to their previous state.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: exits the TL with Miraak :: CO: We have a guest, Admiral.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: relenquishes the helm to Harper as he stands to greet Miraak :: Glad to see you back up here.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns, excited to see Miraak, and gives him a little wave ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Hears the comm Quin is recieving:: CEO: Sounds like we dont need it anyway sir. I'll get started on the cans sir.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Mouths a silent "Oh joy, just like Christmas" before following up with actual words :: +XO+ Acknowledged.  We'll get right on it.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches Miraak's entrance ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

Not half do glad as I am to be back up, I expect.  I suspect this is a debt I'll never be in a position to repay.  But if you ever think of something, you know where to find us.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: No need to repay us. Telthis looks safe to dock with, but we recommend transporters at first. At any rate, it's your call now. Shall we signal the rest of your ships?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: has her hand on the "signal the rest of the ships" button ::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slides into the helm's chair and checks everything out ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

In a moment, absolutely.  But first, I understand you also turned up some information on what happened to my our station to begin with?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Indeed. Colonel McKnight has someone in custody that you'll want to meet.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Begins working on a crush can, converting it back to its original form. He is also pondering as to whether the calculations he had made were a waste of time or an efficient technical exercise::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: the Admiral left everything as it should be, of course, but checked anyway. Trust, but verify. ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

So this was one of our workers, then.  Not sure I'm entirely looking forward to my next evaluation.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: To sum up, they wanted to make it look like the Red Sun did this with technology we inadvertantly gave them. Which is, of course, ludicrous, but you may evaluate for yourself.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: listens intently to Miraak ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Starts talking to the crush cans again:: Can: What do you think friend? Did I waste my time on an idea we never used, or did I spend it wisely sprucing up my maths and familiarising myself with the shuttle systems?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

CO: Who precisely is 'they'?

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: overhears Ilaihr talking to the cans and lifts an eyebrow, but continues working without comment ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

Can: Mhm, your right. I'm better informed. And I did get to rest my back. ::Pats the can:: Your advice on this matter is well appreciated.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: The Jarfa captain, and the culprit himself. We were to be scapegoats to start a war.

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: taps out a text message to T'Lira ::   Are you in the middle of something right now, or can I re-task you?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

CO: That...that is a headache I will happily pass right back up the ladder.  Do the League representatives know about all this?

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: recieves message and replies :: Just filing reports, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: No. We haven't disclosed any of that yet, since it's not really our business except to assure you that we didn't give the Red Sun any tech.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: to T'Lira, in text ::  I'm sending you a list of non-functioning sensors.  I'd like you to look at each one of them and determine whether they can be fixed remotely or whether Engineering will need to do an EVA to physically repair them.  Can you do that?

 

<SCI_Ens_TLira>

:: replies :: Yes sir.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slowly flies the ship around Telthis, adjusting for winds ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

CO: It sounds like some up there won't want to take that for an answer.  But I've had my fill of worrying for today.  Consider me assured.  I suppose it's not my business what you share either...but if you could slow that down just a little longer until I've had a chance to speak with my man...ex-man, it would be one thing further I'd appreciate.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: No problem. As our liaison, I was planning on turning all of that information over to you to do with as you please.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Turns out, putting the Crush Cans back together is actually more arduous and time consuming than it was to take them apart and modify them::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

::Nods slowly...then, specifically toward the view screen. :: I see.  Well, I have some thinking to do, then.  In the meantime, I suppose I should make that announcement.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: Lt. Wright will patch you through when ready.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

::Sighs, and contemplates if he might want to go just buy a fishing boat somewhere after all this is finally over. ::  Ready, then.

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: taps a few keys, then nods at Miraak ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*League ships* Whoever's up there still, this is Miraak.  Supervisor, Second Shift, Telthis Mining Company.  Happy to report all assets and personnel recovered.  And mostly intact.  I stand ready to give a report when and wherever the assembled League wishes.  But first, we request the deployment of any ships and mechanics who can assist with repairs.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

I'm passing on a recommendation for transporter access to the station for now, but you'll find it at an approachable altitude again.  Telthis, out.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: Well, there you are, I guess. I trust you'll be able to handle the repairs. We have our own to do, but need to be in space to do them.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

::Scowls:: Normally, I'd offer our help with that.  Again.  But at the moment...

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Finishes working on the crush can, gives it a quick polish:: Can: It was a pleasure to work on you, and nice talking to you. I hope that you endeavour to save more lives and be as faithful a work horse as you have been. ::He moves off to start on the next can::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: We completely understand. At least, ours aren't as bad as we initially thought. Not that it's any consolation to you right now.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks from Blackthorne to Miraak ::

 

ACTION>

Ships start coming down from above and cautiously approaching Telthis.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: If we can be of any more assistance, however, we're happy to help.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

Eh, I think we've got it from here.  No question, your ship's a marvel, and so are the people who keep it running.  But as you've seen, my people build our equipment to hold up.  We'll be back up to regular production in a week or two, mark my words.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: silently appreciates Miraak's resourcefulness and resolve ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: I don't doubt it at all.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: extends his hand for a handshake, hoping Miraak will get the gesture :: Been a pleasure working with you.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: stands and approaches Miraak and Blackthorne ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

::Manages to complete his half of the greeting, albeit with some uncertainty and need for a bit of extra guidance. :: Yes, well...visit again.  I can't speak for every League member, but I think my people will be rather curious about this Federation of yours.  When there's no looming threat of cataclysmic war, I mean.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Miraak: :: offers classic Vulcan hand gesture :: May you live long and prosper, Miraak. Until we meet again.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Miraak: We'll certainly leave you our contact information.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage