U.S.S. Hyperion - 11409.22, Mission #21

"The Patrol"


SUMMARY: After a somewhat curt reception at Caldik Prime, the Hyperion is en route to a nearby interstellar cloud to investigate reports of 'reflected' ship signatures. Some of the crew suspect a not-so-old nemesis.

 

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sets up two sensor scans, one a generic, and one a more...specialist scan::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sits in his chair, reviewing the data sent from Caldik prime::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Reporting for duty! ::Shout out running to his post::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::smiles a little:: NAV: Just take your station, Cadet.

 

<aOPS_Fales>

::smirks in the general direction of NAV::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Is checking, double checking and triple checking the offensive and defensive systems::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Wonders to herself when...no, IF they will get confirmation of the presence in the cloud::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Checks the course of the ship::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Status on cloaked ships, Joanne ?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks down at the sensor readings:: CO: No sign yet Sir. If I see h ::Coughs slightly:: anything, I'll let you know.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Give me something, Doc.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::looks up from his console at Feyna:: CTO: You did not hide that well.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Smiles, a little cheekily, at Douglas, and murmers:: TAC: What makes you think I meant to hide it?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Cadet, is there anything on our star charts on this gas cloud? Anything we can use?

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::in Sickbay, prepping for casualties, replicating meds, equipment, extra chocolate...::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CTO: Meh. I am basically your assistant. And I'd be crap at my job if I didn't slightly know what you wanted or how you were feeling.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Looks at the console and tries to see a hole in the gas could:: CO:Waiting on reading Sir.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::checking systems on biobeds::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: You're good at your job Douglas...a little over enthusiastic at times...::Tries not to laugh, at that comment coming from her::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::taps his armrest::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: I don't like this. It's too quiet.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: I have multiple scans running, and it's not showing anything of note.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

CO: But I agree. We really should have seen something by now

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::brings up his sensor analysis :: CO: Not much, Captain. It looks like the readings from the station were wrong, we don't get any sort of sensor echo or reflection. What we do get is the reflection of an ion trail that doesn't actually appear in normal space.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Chuckles to himself:: CTO: I try ma'am. You wait until the fateful say some bastards board the ship, I'll be the most enthusiastic.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: By normal space, you mean... ?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Scan for that ion trail, Cadet.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

CO: If someone is using a cloaking device and moving past this cloud, the reflective properties of the nebula shows up their ion trail despite it normally being hidden from sensors.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Scans for ion trails::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Work with Navigation to see if we can trace it.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Not picking up anything Sir.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: Only if I leave you some to play with Ensign

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sighs::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Has a wide grin on his face:: CTO: You'll have to beat me to them Leftenant.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::runs a few processing algorithms, enjoying the speed at which these systems run at, picking out the reflected sensor information and triangulating a realtime position in spacetime before hooking it up to the navigation sensors::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Smiles at Douglas, and goes back to her sensor sweeps and security preparations::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO/NAV: Impress me, gentlemen.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

NAV: Cadet, I'm feeding you realtime updates from the reflected information we have from the cloud - with luck, it should show up any reflected ion trails and give us a positive fix on its location in normal space.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Joanne, contact our friend on Caldik prime. Tell him we have a lead. See if you can't shake something out of him to shed some light on this whole thing.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Nods, and tilts her head to one side:: CO: How hard am I allowed to shake?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks over at Joanne:: CTO: Behave.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Raises an eyebrow playfully:: CO: Boring

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::stands up and walks over to Science:: CMO: you keep saying 'normal space'. Is this ship we're looking for in some sort of a shape cloak?

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CMO: Current scans show nothing new here Sir. :: Tries to read something out of his console that´s pretty dead::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sends a message to Caldik Prime, informing then that the Hyperion has an update::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: Should I prep the deflector to emit a tachyon pulse sir; see if I can illuminate any ships out there?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods:: TAC: Prepare one.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods:: CO/NAV: Any scans we run of the cloud, if we turn up a reflected ion image we should be able to triangulate a position. It'll probably only work up to about 150km though, after that the results are too skewed.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::nods back at the Captain, and begins the necessary preparations to the deflector array::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Help him. ::motions for Navigation:: Let's hope your plan works.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::checks his console then wanders down to the navigation console, leaning over the Cadet's shoulder and pointing out a few things with a friendly smile:: NAV: You need to engage the primary sensor palette interlock, these new ships use multiple palettes to get a cleared scanning focus...and here, that's the algorithm for the reflection triangulation.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

::Looks around at his shipmates, finding a anticipation in the air::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::taps her comm badge::*CMO*: Commander, I've made preparations in sickbay. Is there anything else you'd like me to do for the moment?

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Thinks to herself:: Self: It feels like her, and if it isn't, that's going to be weird.

 

ACTION: Two crewmen burst into Sickbay, carrying a third, all of them giving terrified yells at the sight of the third's backwards foot.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Completes preparations on the deflector:: CO: Sir, Tachyon pulse is ready on your orders.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CMO: Yes Sir ::Sinks down in the seat and does what needed to be done::

 

<WO_Jensen>

::inconsolable shrieking::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::stands back up and taps his comm badge:: *MED*: Prep two roaming medical teams in case of enemy action, not everyone will be able to get to a triage area. Otherwise, hold the fort; you're doing a good job, Ensign. Kymar out.

 

<PO_Fox>

::also shrieking::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Thank you Ensign.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Tell me if you have the ship triangulated.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

PO Fox: Put him on the Biobed, let me have a look at his foot.

 

ACTION: The two managed to get the third on the bed, their shrieks reduced to worried whimpers. The third holds the foot out, tears in his eyes.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Checks the sensors again, with the anticipation of finding something of note::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::saying in a soothing tone:: Jensen: It's all right, You're going to be fine. ::Scans his foot with the medical tricorder and looks at the biobed readout::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Sir, the ships were about 75,000 km from the cloud, travelling further into Federation Space ::After working out with the things that CMO helped him with::

 

<PO_Fox>

::manages to speak:: MED: We w-were moving probe equipment in the torpedo bay. He got his foot wedged between some crates...

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::holds his hands up:: CMO/NAV: Are we chasing a shadow or is there something out there?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::steps back up to the command circle and leans casually on the railing, watching the viewscreen:: CO: I think we're looking for whatever cast this particular shadow.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::adjusts his uniform:: All: I am in no mood for this game of hide and seek.

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aOPS: Open hailing frequencies, all frequencies and languages.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Gets an unusual sense of impending doom:: Self: Are we chasing shadows, or are they chasing us...?

 

<aOPS_Fales>

::opens the comms wide, like a Betazoid hooker::

 

<WO_Jensen>

::sniffles::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Is on high alert for anything coming there way::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Jensen: Looks like you've got a little bit of a fractured and dislocated ankle. I'm just going to give you a dosage of painkillers, then I'm going to need to set the bone, ok? ::keeping a soothing tone::

 

<WO_Jensen>

::nods, lips aquiver::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Takes the degraded ion trail, and sets the computer comparing any identifying traits with it's database::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::loads the hypospray with a dose of Triptacedrine and doses Jensen with it::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Hail*: This is Captain Jonathan Rome of the Federation Starship Hyperion. We have detected a cloaked vessel in this area without permission from the local governments. Please drop your cloak and establish communication immediately.

 

<WO_Jensen>

::lays back and closes his eyes tightly::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Light it up, Ensign.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sighs, as she notes that the trail is consistent with Adria's ship, but also with hundreds of others, inclusing Tzenkethi scout vessels::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: Thought you'd never ask.... Firing! ::Initiates the tachyon pulse::

 

ACTION: It would be cool if this huge pulse of purplish energy emitted from the ship, like, sweeping over everything in local space. In reality, though, it's all invisible.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: Prepare a tractor beam in case we need to snatch and grab.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks up from her comparison:: CO: Yes Sir

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

All: Find that ship!

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Looks dumbfounded:: CO: Nothing

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Prepares the tractor beam::

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::quickly and firmly sets the bone, popping the ankle back into place:: Jensen: How are you doing?

 

<WO_Jensen>

::looks suddenly pale as he feels his bones grind together::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::gets out the tricorder to make sure that everything is as it should be with the ankle, then mends the bone with the bone regenerator::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aOPS: Repeat my message, rotating frequencies.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: I'll try reconfiguring the frequency and try again if you want sir.

 

<aOPS_Fales>

::nods and does so::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: By all means.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Reconfigures the pulse to emit a high band frequency of tachyons, and fire again::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Cadet, follow that ion trail.

 

ACTION: This time there's a barely perceptible ripple in space.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Has a cross look on his face:: CO:Bah, still nothing.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CTO: That's it, tell Caldik prime they have to spare their own ships. I'm not going to waste my day hunting ghosts.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Puts in the cords for the ion trail::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Cadet, follow that trail for as long as you can on our way to the next destination on our agenda.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Jensen: You did great. ::soothingly:: The worst of it is over now. ::checking the bone alignment::

 

<WO_Jensen>

::lurches to the side and vomits::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Doc. The Bridge is yours.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

Jensen: Let me get you some anti-nausea meds

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::glances around with a 'What, me?" look but tries not to show his distate or reluctance:: CO: Aye, Captain

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Looks up as Rome looks to leave the bridge::

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CO: Sir, based on the data we got both from scans and Caldik, we can get a general heading.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

NAV: Follow it.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Report when....if we have something.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::doses Jensen with an appropriate dosage of anti-nausea meds::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::steps into his Ready room and throws his jacket on the couch:: Computer: Raktajino, tall. Milk.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

:: Slowly engaged the ship forward::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods before Rome leaves, then slips into the chair with a touch of hesitation - wondering primarily where there weren't two or three different ones he could sit in::

 

ACTION: The Hyperion begins to run parallel to the projected ion trail, giving one last glance for the mystery ships before they move on to Mizar II.

 

<NAV_Cdt_Gunn>

CMO: Sir we are heading there at 1/4 impulse.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

NAV: Steady as she goes, Cadet.

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::Activates EMH::

 

<EMH>

MED: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::writes a short report to HQ on their mystery ship and sends it off::

 

<MED_Ens_Rousseau>

::looks at the floor:: EMH: I need the floor cleaned please

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sends a textual report to Caldik Prime, updating them of the current situation::

 

<EMH>::looks to the indicated mess:: MED: I am not programmed to clean vomit. I'm a doctor, not a janitor.

 

<<<Pause Mission>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage