NAV Cadet Matrel

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Cadet

NAV Cadet Matrel

Postby Jae Lee » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Stardate 11511.16

Cadet Matrel entered the USS Bremen’s sick bay, in order to deal with a medical check-in required for each new crew member of the ship. Entering the sick bay for the first time, he looked around it for a moment. Soon nurse McConnell, a female Terran, spoke with him.

Nurse McConnell asked “How can I help you today?” Cadet Matrel answered “My name is cadet Matrel, and I’m a new crew member of this ship. I would like to check-in medically” Nurse McConnell said “I can certainly check you in. Do you have your transfer order?” Cadet Matrel said “Yes. Here is” Cadet Matrel gave the nurse a PADD containing his transfer order.”

Using the PADD, the nurse downloaded the cadet Matrel’s vital statistics into the medical database. Nurse Matrel said “I would need to download your health records from the Starfleet Academy Medical files. We should have your health records very soon. In the meanwhile, You must undergo a physical examination in compliance with the Starfleet medical regulations.”

Nurse McConnell said “Please sit down on a biobed” Cadet Matrel went to a biobed, and he sit down on it. Soon the nurse came to cadet Matrel to perform a medical check-up. After scanning cadet Matrel’s body with a medical tricorder, the nurse compared the scan result with the “norms” for Deltan men. Each species is different respect to heart beats rate, body temperature, blood pressure, etc.

Nurse McConnell continued with the medical exam until it was finished. Then the nurse shared the result with cadet McConnell. Generally cadet Matrel was healthy, although he had an elevated level of Deltan stress hormone in his blood. That wasn’t unusual, because Starfleet personnels usually have elevated levels of stress hormones in their blood.

Nurse McConnell said “Now we have to discuss species specific issues. Since you’re a Deltan, you are likely aware of the Oath of Celibacy. According to the regulations, all Deltans serving in Starfleet is required to comply with the Oath of Celibacy at all times. Thus you as a Deltan are prohibited from entering any sexual relationships with non-Deltans. Any violation of the Oath of Celibacy will result in a disciplinary action that could even lead to a dismissal from the Starfleet.”

Cadet Matrel said “I swore to comply with the Oath of Celibacy as long as I serve in Starfleet.” The nurse entered his swearing of the Oath of Celibacy into official ship records. The nurse said “We are done with your medical check-in. Do you have any questions?” Cadet Matrel said “No.” The nurse said “Thank your for your patience. You are now free to go.” Cadet Matrel got up from the biobed and headed for the sick bay’s entrance door. He left the sick bay.

Cadet

Re: NAV Cadet Matrel

Postby Jae Lee » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:03 pm

(( Previous post had some grammar errors. This is a corrected version ))

Stardate 11511.17

Cadet Matrel entered the USS Bremen’s sick bay, to deal with a medical check-in required for each new crew member of the ship. Entering the sick bay for the first time, he looked around it for a moment. Soon nurse McConnell, a female Terran, spoke with him.

Nurse McConnell asked, “How can I help you today?” Cadet Matrel answered, “My name is cadet Matrel, and I’m a new crew member of this ship. I would like to check-in medically.” Nurse McConnell said, “I can certainly check you in. Do you have your transfer order?” The cadet said “Yes. Here is.” Cadet Matrel gave the nurse a PADD containing his transfer order.”

Using the PADD, the nurse downloaded the cadet Matrel’s vital statistics into the medical database. The nurse said, “I would need to download your health records from the Starfleet Academy Medical files. We should have your health records very soon. In the meanwhile, you must undergo a medical examination in compliance with the Starfleet medical regulations.”

Nurse McConnell said, “Please sit down on a biobed.” Cadet Matrel went to a biobed, and he sit down on it. Soon the nurse came to cadet Matrel to perform a medical check-up. After scanning cadet Matrel’s body with a medical tricorder, the nurse compared the scan result with the “norms” for Deltan men. Each species is different respect to heart beats rate, body temperature, blood pressure, etc.

Nurse McConnell continued with the medical exam until it was finished. Then the nurse shared the result with cadet McConnell. Generally cadet Matrel was healthy, although he had an elevated level of Deltan stress hormone in his blood. That wasn’t unusual because Starfleet personnel usually have elevated levels of stress hormones in their blood.

Nurse McConnell said, “Now we have to discuss species specific issues. Since you’re a Deltan, you are likely aware of the Oath of Celibacy. According to the regulations, all Deltans serving in Starfleet is required to comply with the Oath of Celibacy at all times. Thus, you as a Deltan are prohibited from entering any sexual relationships with non-Deltans. Any violation of the Oath of Celibacy will result in a disciplinary action that could even lead to a dismissal from the Starfleet.”

Cadet Matrel said, “I swore to comply with the Oath of Celibacy as long as I serve in Starfleet.” The nurse entered his swearing of the Oath of Celibacy into official ship records. The nurse said, “We are done with your medical check-in. Do you have any questions?” Cadet Matrel said “No.” The nurse said, “Thank you for your patience. You are now free to go.” Cadet Matrel got up from the biobed and headed for the sick bay’s entrance door. He left the sick bay.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am

Very nicely done, Jae. The first of many :D

For future reference, there is an option to edit an existing post to correct for spelling/grammar. There should be a button in the upper right-hand corner that just says 'Edit'.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 am

Oh. I guess there isn't in the Stardock section. My mistake!

At any rate, you can go ahead and make a new thread in the Bremen's forum for your character. Just follow the template set by the other threads: POSITION Rank Name
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:30 am

well done Jae! Liked that introduction, and I look forward to meeting this interesting Deltan :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Really fantastic first log, I'm looking forward to seeing this character progress. Good work, Jae :)
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Return to Spacedock