Mission Arc #2 - Underpowered

Forum for the Sigma Rho, running every Sunday at 1900 PST/Monday at 0300 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Mission Arc #2 - Underpowered

Postby James Greenman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Mission Orders, Stardate 11403.22

TO: Lieutenant Commander Sara Sumner

Commander Sumner, congratulations on your posting to command of the Sigma Rho. I'm sorry that it couldn't be under more reasonable terms, but Captain Idrani was needed...elsewhere. You've been briefed on the situation around that, and I hope you understand the need for secrecy where it is concerned.

On a more positive note, your handling of the Minotaur situation was well done. It is a shame when we lose a ship, but you rescued as many of her crew as it was possible and you brought light to the New Kai Order operating out of Bajor. The Bajoran Government have distanced themselves from this terrorist cell as wholly as possible, and it hasn't affected out relationship with the Bajorans in any discernable way, but as you're one of the closest Federation Starbases to Bajoran space I would like you to keep a very careful ear open for any more whisperings about his elusive organisation.

The U.S.S. Xiphos has completed it's refitting and is on it's way back to the Sigma Rho at a leisurely pace. Onboard is a detachment of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, and your first assignment. The U.S.S. Serene has just finished a lengthy excursion into the Taurus Dark Cloud and uncovered what appears to be an ancient Vulcan civilization in a system they've designated Gamma Iota. One of the most startling finds is what their initial scans suggest is a type of Quantum Singularity Generator.

Complete final checks of the U.S.S. Xiphos and then study this artifact. The Vulcan Science Academy is keen to discover more about this ancient Vulcan colony so far from their current space, and Starfleet R&D is keen to delve more into Singularity powered applications.

Good luck,

Admiral Ren Tolar
Starfleet Command
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Re: Mission Arc #2 - Underpowered

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:07 am

Mission Briefing SD 11403.22

To: All Senior Officers, Station Sigma Rho

ALL: The USS Xiphos has completed its refit, all personnel should familiarize themselves with the vessel. It's operation will be integral to our duties going forward. It's also bringing an ancient Vulcan artifact for further study.

CTO/TAC: Take stock of the Xiphos' upgrades, and get a sense for what this ship can do. We'll be the first ones called for any nearby disturbances.

CSO/ENG: I want you two working together to analyze this device. Peliminary analysis suggest this may be some sort of quantum singularity generator. Interesting, and also potentially dangerous. Mr. Sutak, I understand you have a background in Vulcan archaeology; any insight you might have on the Vulcans who made this device would be invaluable.

When the two of you have some free time, please familiarize yourselves with the Xiphos' science and engineering systems.

CSEC: Mr. Animim, please see to the security of the device while it's on board the station. Given recent events, I wouldn't mind a little extra caution.

That is all.
Last edited by C. J. Short on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11403.29

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:13 am

CSO: Go over everything you did with the Vulcan device prior to Mr. Animim's disappearance. I want to know exactly what happened, how it happened, and why it happened. In the mean time, the device is to be quarantined; no one is to interact with it until we understand what it is and what it does.

ENG: Unless Mr. Tegan has need of you, please assist Mr. Sutak in discovering what this device did, and how we can reverse it. I need to know what happened to Mr. Animim, and if he's still alive somewhere.

CEO: We need to know everything we can about where this device came from. Please go over the data from the Serene's survey, and try to find out what this device might be. Any insight we can glean might help us find Lt. Animim.

CTO/TAC: I want this station searched top to bottom for any sign of Mr. Animim, or, worst-case scenario, his remains. We don't know what exactly we're dealing with, so keep an eye out for any suspicious occurrences or anomalies.

CSEC: If you could reappear, that would just be fantastic.

That is all.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11404.05

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:49 am

CSO: I'm on my way to the lab. I want an update when I get there: what we know about what happened, how it happened, and how we might reverse it.

CEO: Please assist Mr. Sutak; he's an expert both on Ancient Vulcans and transporter technology, which seems to have been the purpose of this device. Any insight you might have on finding a way to communicate with Mr. Animim in the meantime would be helpful.

ENG: Assist Mr. Sutak and Mr. Tegan.

CTO/TAC: Keep track of Mr. Animim. Hopefully he stays in one place, but if not, don't lose him. Try to talk to him, if you can; let him know we're working on the problem.

CSEC: Really, any time now, Lieutenant.

That is all.

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11404.19

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:16 am

ALL: Mr. Sutak and Mr. Tegan have created for us a method to unphase Lt. Animim. In addition, it seems there are over a hundred others similarly phased out of our reality. We will attempt to rescue them, as well.

CSO: Let us know when we can start transporting. We've singled out what we believe to be Mr. Animim's signature; please ensure he is in the first group you return. If anything goes wrong, abort the transport.

CEO/ENG: Keep a close eye on the transporter systems. We need to react at a moment's notice if something goes awry. If we have the computing capacity after Mr. Sutak's modifications, I want the transporter beam to disable any weapons they might encounter, just in case.

CTO/TAC: I want a small security team in the transporter room on the Xiphos. We suspect the others we'll be transporting have been trapped for perhaps thousands of years, and we have know way of knowing their mental state. We'll have a medical team standing by as well, should sedatives be required.

CSEC: Hold on, Mr. Animim; we'll have you home soon.

That is all.

Return to Sigma Rho