OOC Naming Suggestions

Forum for the Sigma Rho, running every Sunday at 1900 PST/Monday at 0300 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

OOC Naming Suggestions

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:34 am

I'm creating a space to discuss possible names for the Rho's OOC, as outlined in James' welcome email.

My suggestion:

#DeadBrewersSociety

A friendly, if shy, Lurian has opened a specialty lounge on the station. It serves only real, semi-traditionally made alcohol (no on-duty officers allowed). It's a lot more expensive than most places, but with luck, it'll become known sector-wide as the best place to obtain liquor, and keep alive the brewing traditions of scores of Federation worlds.

Any other ideas?
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Re: OOC Naming Suggestions

Postby Jack Lucas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 pm

I like it.

Or

#Qaplah

A small, dark restaurant and bar that was first opened after the armistice with the Klingons was signed at Khitomer. Now, its original owner long dead, it's run by some enterprising Rigelians. Though it claims to serve "traditional Klingon" - the Gagh and Racht are more palatable to non-Klingon Humanoids - and serves more "Humanized" versions of traditionally live dishes. Known for a good "real" Raktajino - it's speculated that Qaplah just has more finely tuned replicators. Qaplah has 6 holosuites for rent and personal use. Late nights at Qaplah will offer Domjot and free Orion dancers, ensuring a good time.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 pm

I like yours better :D
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Jack Lucas wrote:I like it.

Or

#Qaplah

A small, dark restaurant and bar that was first opened after the armistice with the Klingons was signed at Khitomer. Now, its original owner long dead, it's run by some enterprising Rigelians. Though it claims to serve "traditional Klingon" - the Gagh and Racht are more palatable to non-Klingon Humanoids - and serves more "Humanized" versions of traditionally live dishes. Known for a good "real" Raktajino - it's speculated that Qaplah just has more finely tuned replicators. Qaplah has 6 holosuites for rent and personal use. Late nights at Qaplah will offer Domjot and free Orion dancers, ensuring a good time.

What if it's run by enterprising Rigelians who want to turn it into a franchise and call it...."Qaplah's" :fingers: :haw:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:18 pm

James Greenman wrote:
Jack Lucas wrote:I like it.

Or

#Qaplah

What if it's run by enterprising Rigelians who want to turn it into a franchise and call it...."Qaplah's" :fingers: :haw:

:master:

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:25 pm

:^5:

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Though I love #Qaplahs, I think the ooc lounge should just be called #promenade - we can still have the Blues Bar and Qaplah's on the station though.

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 pm

This has to be a thing, now. That's fantastic :allears:

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Okay, Qaplah's is now a thing. That is just too awesome to pass up. :D

More ideas for OOC names are welcome, though! How do we feel about #Promenade?
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Next

Return to Sigma Rho