"Child's Play" - Prologue, Mission Arc #2

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

"Child's Play" - Prologue, Mission Arc #2

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:36 pm

"Don't worry about it, Lena, it's just a phase," he replied soothingly as he reached across the double bed he was sitting on and squeezed his wife's hand. "I did the same for a while when I was her age. It's a perfectly normal part of growing up a Starfleet brat."
Lena huffed and shot him a look. "I hate when you call her that."
Guillaume smiled over at her. "Having an imaginary friend is no big deal. Hell, she's 6, and she lives on a starship with only a few other kids her age. I'd be more worried if she didn't spend all day making up her own adventures. Just look at all the raw material her little brain has to work with..."
"Then maybe it's time we move to a planet, Gill', just for a few-"
"-I have to go where I'm ordered. They need me here, sweetheart."
"I'm not saying it'd be ideal, but we could find a place, settle down, and when you're done with this rotation you could join us..."
"That could be a year, two years from now!"
"I said I didn't think it was ideal... but we'd have subspace, and you could visit on leave..."
"Lena, that's so far from 'ideal', it's laughable!"
"More laughable than your little girl's mental health?!
"I'm telling you, it's just a phase!"

---

"And then, on Monday, we are going to decorate the school room for Federation Day..." Laney explained as she sat alone on the floor of the living area, colouring on a child's play PADD. "We will use blue, and white and we'll sing songs. Can you sing? I'm very good at it. Momma says so. Poppa sings, too. He sings with people on the Bremen. Sometimes Momma and I get to watch them. It's fun. Can you sing?" she looked up from her colouring, examining a patch of empty space a meter or so away from her. "Don't be silly!", she giggled happily, "How can you sing when you have no mouth?"

Commander

Re: "Child's Play" - Prologue, Mission Arc #2

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Mission Orders

To: CO Griffiths, USS Bremen
Cc: XO V'Lor

Captain Griffiths, we have received your report on your mission to Kalandra 4, and will review your findings in due course.

For now, we have an urgent matter for you to attend to. A prisoner has been apprehended on Science Station Scion. It appears that the prisoner in question is Romulan and was caught accessing data concerning sensitive astronomical research. He now requires transport to the nearest tactical facility for questioning, and subsequent trial.

You are to proceed to Scion at your best possible speed. Scion is not equipped to handle prisoners and this disruption is causing countless difficulties for them. In addition, the presence of this Romulan so far inside Federation space adds a note of careful urgency to this mission.

Remember, Captain, your conduct towards this prisoner is to remain exemplary. He is innocent until proven guilty, and he should be afforded every consideration, within the bounds of his temporary captivity.

Godspeed and good luck,
Admiral Elsbeth Bantree,
Starfleet HQ

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11403.19

TO: Senior Staff, U.S.S. Bremen

We've been ordered to rendezvous at Science Station Scion for the collection and subsequent transport of a captured Romulan intelligence operative. The Romulan in question was caught accessing local astronomical research for unknown purposes, and refuses to talk. Our mission is to see him safely to the closest Federation Starbase equipped to handle prisoner debriefing.

This is a touchy situation. The remains of the Romulan Star Empire are keep as quiet as ever, and until we know more about the captured operatives motives we're running blind.

XO: I want us running at Yellow Alert from the moment we have the prisoner transferred onboard. We've not been given any orders to question the prisoner ourselves, but that doesn't mean we can't be inquisitive while he is onboard.

TAC: Full security. No compromises. I want teams stationed on every deck and posted at ALL critical systems, and Deck 15 is to be locked down until the prisoner has been safely transferred to the Starbase.

SCI: Request copies of the data from Station Scion and see what you can make of what our 'guest' was looking at. On top of this, fun a full sensor diagnostic and continual tachyon sweeps. I don't want any surprises in the form of cloaked Romulan ships to impede our progress.

ENG: Work with science on piecing together the information that our Romulan operative was looking at, see if you can figure out some purpose for stealing this data in particular.

Good luck, everyone. Call me overly cautious, but i'd rather take every precaution and arrive without incident and with our Romulan guest in perfect shape.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11403.26

TO: Senior Staff, U.S.S. Bremen

We've detected some microfractures and damage to one of the Bremen's nacelles, and are stopping for repairs. Obviously due to the sensitivity of the situation and our guest onboard, we're taking every precaution plus a few more to be safe.

XO: Lieutenant V'Lor, please update me with anything you've learned from the prisoner. The more information we have, the better equipped we're going to be.

SCI: Cadet, keep working on the data collected from Scion station.

ENG: The nacelles can be looked at by the damage control teams. I want you to cannibalise some of our gaseous anomaly probes and modify a batch of our photon torpedoes to detect exhaust and heat emissions. Get me eight to start with, but i'd like 24.

TAC: Ensign, i'd like you to work with Engineering on modifying the torpedoes, then meet me up on the bridge.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11404.02

It appears that this area of space is pocketed with quantum fissures that are causing damage to the ship and, on top of that, keeping us firmly held here. From current accounts, it seems like whatever race of people inhabits this part of space is in trouble and are doing their best to make sure we stay and help.

SCI: Cadet, this one is on you. See if the 'friends' that this child is seeing as in any way related to the telepathic voices you picked up.

XO: Lieutenant, lead up the damage control teams and start patching the holes in the hull.

ENG: Ensign, see what you can come up with to break us free of their hold, if need be. You said they seemed to be attached to the Warp core, perhaps powering it down and moving out of their sphere of influence is an option? Investigate.

TAC: Just in case this is all a Romulan ruse, I want an even closer eye kept on our Romulan friend. Let me know anything you've found out.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11404.23

We're close to getting ourselves out of this mess and back on track. You've done well under the pressure, just a little longer and we'll be out the other side. Our attempts to break free of this quantum snare are damaging or hurting the other vessel that's also trapped with us, and I don't think any of us would feel good trading their lives for ours.

The warp field modifications exerted too much pressure on their vessel, or home, or whatever it might be, so we need a counteracting force if we're to do it again.

ENG: Get ready to initiate another warp bubble, and make sure that every scrap of power left over is pushed to the structural integrity fields.

SCI: We need to communicate our intentions to these aliens, and we need them to understand what we're doing and emit a polarising force from their side. A similar broad-spectrum pulse of the same wavelength should do it, counteracting pressure from this side and "pushing" the two ships apart.

TAC: Slave a tactical console down to the Brig, keep an eye on our prisoner but also make sure that the Romulans don't take this moment to get their operative back.

Return to U.S.S. Bremen