XO Commander Jameson

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant

Re: XO Commander Jameson

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu May 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Commander Jameson SD 11405.15
So it's offical. We have a murderer on board. And, sadly, it appears it's most likely part of the original Breman crew. The Hooke contingent were too busy transferring across from the old girl to have put the trap in place. Though, coming to think of it, I should confirm the time of death with the Doctor to see if any of the Hooke were already aboard at the time. A dedicated person could always find the time to acheive their mission goal, if given the opportunity.
It has affected my sleep pattern a little, but at least I am sleeping now. I get a little nervous, wondering if I'll wake up again. Until we find a motive for the murder, there's always the possiblity that it was done at random. and I don't like that possibility one little bit. No motive would make it harder to trace the person who caused this. Maybe I am the only reacting to this. Maybe I need to toughen up. Heh. No maybe about that.
Time to put my gameface on. The doctor found DNA on the earring, and i'm going to join Sumner in the interview. My instinct is that she is being framed. But I need to be there, to question her, to listen to her, to be sure. This needs me to be tough. Let's see what i've learnt over the last few months, spacebound again.

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:03 pm

XO Commander Jameson SD11405.29

Romulans. It all came down to the Romulans. Someone trying to cause dissention between the Bajorans and the Federation, and somehow the Romulans were behind it all.
Looking down at her desk, she saw the black armband that had been worn during the memorial, and she felt the guilt and shame that had swamped her then. The flood of sadness and fear from the memorial had merged and warped and taken another form. Somehow she had managed to take on a false sense of personal responsibility for the investigation, despite the fact that she could not have stopped it. The murder itself had been planned and put in place prior to Anya even stepping foot on the deck.
She knew her own weaknesses, as she had mentioned so succinctly in previous logs, but this was a new one. An unpleasant one. One that needed to be quelled very quickly. If she continued like this, she would soon be burnt out. She knew the theory. She had taught the theory, but being so out of practise, it was easy to turn to her softer side and allow the betazoid in her to let loose. But that cannot be allowed.
Anya stood up, murmuring to get over herself. She shook her hair out, and straightened her civilian clothes. It's time to get back out there, socially. No point in hiding. No point in only have cocktails with Suder, and there must be a cocktail bar somewhere on this station. And people to talk to. And myself to find again.

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Lt Commander Jameson 11410.30

Anya stood on the promenade, watching people wander by, sensing their feelings so that she didn't have to acknowledge her own. She sank herself into other people's emotions, taking her outside of herself. If there was such a thing as astral projection, this would be something like it, crossed her mind in a moment of quiet.

She was no longer XO. She didn't have a role on the Hyperion anymore. She was Lt Commander Jameson. She had performed as OPS for many many years at the beginning of her career, progressing to XO, then Captain. 5 years teaching at the academy before an Admiral, she couldn't even remember which, had not given her an option but to take to the skies again, for the sole reason of assisting Captain Suder, who then deserted her shortly after. Anya sighed, realising she was thinking again, and now she had started, she knew that she couldn't stop till a decision had been made.

Kesh. She didn't blame Kesh for having to move on to another command so soon after their working together, but Anya couldn't help wondering if Kesh had stayed, if things would have played out differently. And if Kesh would still be alive, and Anya would still be her XO.

What role can she take now? On the Bremen, she could be in Tactical, or even Medical, but all the knowledge she had of those roles were theoretical. Would she even be good at them? The ensigns in those departments probably have better on the job knowledge than she did. Or she could see if she could start a new department on board. Astronavigation? But would Griffiths agree? And could she really stay somewhere with the stigma of being the disgraced ex-Executive Officer?

Or she could always go back to the academy. But the same question stayed there. Would they accept a professor that had been demoted, no matter what the circumstances. Would they want someone who had disobeyed their Captain's direct order to teach the cadets?

She sighed aloud, and looked back down to the promenade. There was no point in delaying now. She needed to know her options. She needed to start making her inquiries.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 pm

owww. I feel bad for Anya
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

AUX Lt Commander Jameson

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:03 pm

AUX LtCmdr Jameson and Ensign Wren, SD 11411.13

Anya looked down at her console, back up at the Ensign just over to her side, and then back to the console. What she read didn't seem to match with the person in front of her, so she took a moment to double check her information. Everything confirmed as genuine. Now, what a dark horse she would have as a second.....

Wren laid her eyes on the apparent councillor of this team she had now joined. She knew as much as the records said about her but she knew that she would be looking her up. She didn't know what was in her file in Starfleet. She wondered how much of her past was going to bite her. As Jameson double took she realised maybe there was something unholy in her files. This could be a problem....

Anya managed to attach a pleasant smile to her face, one that she felt like she hadn't worn in years, though in reality it had only been since Kesh's death. She closed the information on her console, information already committed to memory, and she approached Wren. As Jameson took the few steps over to her, she made another assessment of the new Counsellor send to assess them, and wondered to herself how long it would take to be able to judge how much human lurked in part Vulcan's character. "I don't think I made you feel suitably welcome earlier. I know this isn't our usual vessel, but I hope that you'll find that whatever ship we are on, you will be able to see how well our team work together"

Wren watched the women approach and made no physical sign of discomfort. Tilting her head curious to her information, already Jameson had actually already given Wren more information that she had extracted from Wren. She could already tell how close and personal the team was to Jameson and the fact that she made effort to still be part of the team, beside her demotion, told her how strong held and determined she still was. She wasn't deterred by rejection. "Yes. It will, but only if that is still the case Counsellor. " she said plainly, placing down her PADD and stood to greet her. "But your concern for me to know that you all work well together is duly noted."

Anya tilted her head in the opposite direction as Wren. "Maybe I'm also trying to start a conversation to see how well WE would work together, Ensign." Jameson wondered what it was that made the newbie so defensive, unless she suspected that Anya already knew more than she wanted her to. "You are part of our crew too, for this escapade at least" She tries to soften her words with her smile

Wren wasn't here to be analysed herself. She was there to analyse them. She saw the look in her eye. She was thinking about why Wren said the things that she did. "For now yes. If you were looking to have a conversation with myself, you would have left it with the welcome. You hope that I allow for you all to return to the Bremen. Regardless of what you think of the crew, or of what they think of you." She said, blinking her thick black eyelashes giving a slight smile. "But if a conversation is what you look for, do continue."

Raising her eyebrows slightly at Wren, Jameson dropped her smile and attempt at the niceties of conversation. “And it appears that despite an attempt to include you, you are determined to set yourself apart. When you start to feel differently Ensign, my door will be open.” She stopped a beat, taking a moment to recollect herself. “My door will be open for the duration of our adventure.”

Anya looked back down at her console, continuing with her work before stopping again and glancing up at the counsellor whilst dropping her voice. “And anything I may have found regarding your history may hard to discover, but it can be found. However it will not be shared by me.”

Wren watched the women with a curious and weathering eye. She had a tendency to rub people up the wrong way, but she did try. Try really hard. "Councillor. Until the end of this adventure. I am not part of this crew. My job here is to watch your crew. I could not include myself as I am not, but should the I need to speak to you, I will take that offer." She stood proper and tucked her hands and her PADD behind her. "Any secret held between us, is simply common ground. Maybe, some time, we will be able to speak on unprofessional terms. "

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:46 pm

brilliant stuff girls!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:06 pm

(ETA: because I wrote this at work and couldn't remember the tow ship!)

CTO LtCmdr Jameson 11508.20

Anya was sitting at the dresser in her room. a soft light illuminated the area, leaving the rest of the area in shadows. A soft musical hum emanated from her throat as her hands rhythmically moved the brush through her mahogany shoulder length hair. The excitement of an evening of social niceties flowed enticingly before her. A Captain’s dinner with Sara. Anya hadn’t been to a Captain’s dinner since she’d been teaching at the Academy. She put the brush down on the dresser once her hair was gleaming, and she stood up. She saw herself in the mirror, in her underwear, covered loosely by an untied dressing robe. She purposely hadn’t focused on the fact that she’d worn her best underwear. Slowly she put on her dress whites, noticing that it was fitting her differently than when it had at the Academy. Ship life, and the adventures that went along with it, seemed to impact not only your mental health, but your physical health too. Though, she wondered, if it affected her mental health in the same positive way than her fitness.
Sitting back down at the dresser, she applied light make-up. She highlighted her eyes, making them the focus point of her face, and some basic gloss on her lips. The image of the delicious looking Captain of the USS Tunisa swam in front of her eyes, and she subconsciously licked her lips, removing the recently applied shiny gloop. The taste of cocoa butter on her tongue made her realise her own actions, and she silently berated herself. “Where is your self-control, woman?” She put more of it on, and tucked it away in a pocket. She took a final swipe of her hair with the brush, and smiled into the mirror. Even if all tonight brought was dinner, it at least came with eye candy and Sara’s company.
Last edited by Sophie Wakeling on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:23 pm

wow this is the first time I actually see the person behind the stern exterior, well written Sophie!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Hehe, someone's in a flirty mood, aren't they? Very nicely done, Sophie.

Lieutenant

CTO LtCommander Jameson, with Keshir Suder

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Steam billowed out of the water, turning their cheeks rosy. Or perhaps it was a combination of the heat and the alcohol that was bubbling as cheerfully as the jacuzzi.

"Humans and bubbles..." Kesh observed, holding her long-stemmed glass over the joyfully agitated water, "I'll never understand the obsession." She leant back against the jacuzzi wall and sighed a happy, relaxed breath. "Sure beats a double shift, though!"

Anya threw Suder a look as she stretched out in the water, hoping that the bubbles would relax her muscles and get rid of the niggling headache she was feeling. "Don't diss human. We both have some human in us." Wiggling her toes, feeling the bubbles flit around between them, "I feel like I've done longer than a double today. It feels like I've gone 20 rounds with a Klingon, and not in the good way."
"Well, this assistant medical officer is prescribing 20ccs of relaxation, stat," Kesh chuckled as she held her glass to her lips.
"Hey, which reminds me. Have you met the new guy in Science? The Vulcan? Nice guy... bit weird..." she trailed off, sipping her drink and studiously ignoring Anya's reaction.

Anya sighed at her best friend's description as she also took her glass. "You could have just called him 'the new guy in science', you know." Draining half the glass, she took a moment to think. "He's a tad enthusiastic, if you can call it that, about the situation. Determined to get into our heads I think. But he will calm down. What are your thoughts? And just a bed-ibility factor isn't enough."
"He's cute. More dramatic than I'd expect for, you know, a Vulcan, but maybe it suits him, I dunno," Kesh said, "Anyway, he's not my type, my heart and mind belong to Starfleet." Kesh gave her friend a sideways glance, her black eyes taking in Anya's dour expression. "Oh come on, that was funny. My heart and mind... belonging to Starfleet."
"It's not funny to me," Jameson replied softly.

Kesh nodded, sensing her best friend's sadness.
"Ok, so," she said, her suddenly lighter tone indicating a severe shift in mood. "Any guy in your life these days?", Suder's young face watched her friend expectantly. "With all the handsome men out there one has to have caught your eye. Tony? He's cute, nice eyes... if a bit of an ass..."
"A bit of an ass?" Anya raised her eyebrows. "Understatement of the century. Who knew you'd been labelled a witch?"
"Screw him," Kesh chuckled "Or don't, actually. It's bad enough that my doppelgänger did... How about Henry?" Kesh sipped her drink and leant back. "Hell of a body, that one... shoulders to kill for... I'll tell you, Anyay, he's a tough one to concentrate around."
"Henry did have some lovely tattoos, but I'm not sure I could have handled the baggage that went along with him. Plus, pretty sure he's taken."
Kesh shrugged. "Someone was bound to snap him up eventually." She bit her lip in thought, trying to banish some of her more sordid thoughts before Anya caught wind of them. "Ooh, how about Kymar Dremel, assuming he's still alive? He was intense..." she nodded at her own memories, enjoying a few sparse recollections. "Good kisser."
"I think he's taken, too."
"Damn. Everyone's moved on since I've been gone. I think need another drink."
Anya filled both their glasses from a bottle that had conveniently appeared near her elbow."If I'm not careful, you'll be trying to pair me with that notorious drunk doctor, what's his name? Leeds?"
"Bork? Dork? Something like that."
Anya sniggered as she took a sip, before tilting her head. "Besides, pretty sure you're the closest thing I've got to a soul mate right now, lodger. Platonically, of course" the snigger turned to full on laugh, and the bubbles from the wine started her coughing.
"Is it me, or is the water getting a little too warm?" She spluttered.
Kesh ignored her observation, lost for a moment in recollections of her own. All those close encounters, all those near-relationships, so many people she was afraid to admit her feelings to, so many electrically-charged moments gone to waste. "Do me a favour, An?" she asked, a little wistfully.
"Anything for you. Pretty sure that's apparent." She put down her glass and focused on her friend, wondering where all this was leading.
"I know I'm losing everything here, Anya. I missed out on so many friendships because I was scared to open up. Being alone and angry was just... easier. Yelling was less complicated than speaking softly. I know now, it all stems from fear." Kesh put down her glass, her young eyes and fresh face earnest, "Just promise me you'll be fearless, OK? I wasn't. I wish I had been."
Anya let out a little laugh, but there was a ring of uncertainty to it. "Of course I will be Kesh, I'll have you here constantly reminding me. It's not like you're going anywhere, right?"
The blonde glanced down at the water, trailing her fingers along its surface, breaking the bubbles as they formed. "Sure."
"Look at me, Keshir Suder. You went away. You're back now. Don't you want to stay?"
She lowered her voice so that she was speaking in the soft way that Kesh had just suggested. "You don't have to come back with me, if you don't want to. You have a choice."
"I'm not entirely sure I DO have a choice, though. I want to live, I'm not ready to go but... what can I do? I can't will myself into a new body, Anya. I'm a doctor, I know exactly how impossible that is, and how very very illegal it is to try." Kesh turned her attention back to her friend. "Let's just enjoy this while we have it, kay? Tell me what I've missed."
Anya had started feeling melancholy throughout her friend’s words, and tried desperately to find something that would make her smile.
“Sara introduced me to a lovely Captain a little while ago. Haven’t seen him again beyond that one night. I would like to though. Other stuff…well, other stuff happened to distract me from realising that.”
Kesh smiled, pleased that Anya hadn't spent all her time swimming in the same sadness she'd been pulled into for years. "Good," she said, simply. Then her expression changed, growing worried, concerned. "Do you feel that... ? I'm- " she asked before the bubbles, the champagne, the jacuzzi and she blinked out of existence, leaving Anya alone in the dark.

The words came out of the darkness, small and lonely. "Kesh, don't leave me again."

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen