Anthony 'Tony' Adalberto, AWOL

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: CEO LtCmdr Anthony Adalberto

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Sophie Wakeling wrote:How quick we all are to believe :)

And vice versa, missy!

Commander

CEO LtCmdr Anthony Adalberto 11508.27 Supplemental

Postby Einar S » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:18 pm

2am, and she was finally settling down. Suder stepped out of the sonic shower, her curling blonde hair framing her regal face and trailing down her bare back. She dressed in a simple, black string t-shirt and Starfleet issue under wear.
Her head was still pleasantly fuzzy after drinking with Jameson, and the tension she had experienced when first beaming aboard was starting to abate. If Anya believed her, maybe this wouldn't be the hell mission she had been expecting.

She hardly even noticed the chime when it rang the first time, so caught up in her own thoughts was she. The second ring grabbed her attention. Her eyes widened. She knew who was at her door already.
"Enter! ", she called, trying to hide the anticipation in her voice.

The door parted to reveal Tony, his white dress uniform buttoned down to his undershirt and his hair unkempt. Kesh stared at him, unsure how to react, her emotions pulling her three ways at once. Her eyes quickly took in Tony's state of undress. She could smell the drink on him as a draft carried his ‘cologne’ into her quarters. He didn’t say anything as he stepped into the dimly lit quarters, his eyes were not showing the usual glee she remembered, but uncertainty and….sadness?
“Kesh….I’m sorry”
"Tony... " she managed to say, the strength of his emotions mingling with hers. She could almost feel his drunkenness herself. "It's, em... it's late, Commander."
Tony just put up a hand “Shush, no wait…” he walked over to her, and grabbed her shoulder – his face close to hers. “This can’t wait any longer”
Kesh planted a soft hand on his chest, feeling the warmth of his skin radiate through. "Tony, please, don't do this...", she whispered, her voice shaking. "Not now..."
He gazed into her eyes, trying to glean some clue into whether this really was Keshir Suder, and not his Taemin….Taemin who had fooled him before. When he only saw apprehension instead of her usual tease, he took a step back “It really is you, isn’t it.”
"Yes," she croaked, keeping her eyes firmly on his, refusing to look away. Tears piled unbidden in her eyes. Watching him in such a state was not easy. She hasn't expected it to be, but the impact, of his feeling the loss so deeply after such a length of time stunned her. She wasn't sure she understood how he'd held on to this grief so long.
“The universe -is- a cold place without friends Kesh… I’m so sorry… it’s so good to see you and tell you that”, his eyes were almost brimming with tears, but he cleared his throat and looked down, gathering his composure. “I missed you.”
Kesh bit her lip, then made a decision. She stepped close to him and gingerly wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pulling him nervously into an embrace.
Tony stiffened in an awkward pose as the woman he had mourned embraced him, then returned the hug. She buried her face briefly in his shoulder, needing the moment to collect herself, caught up in the heady smell of whiskey and the emotional maelstrom that was Tony. He stepped back after a few moments. “Your death made us better”

Kesh found she had no idea what to say. She simply looked away.
“We weren’t a good crew….we didn’t trust each other…we were mean and we made a lot of bad choices… after you …died…we fixed that. Your death brought us together…you can be proud of that. We wanted your death to matter”

Her eyes still averted, she shook her head. "You were already good people, Tony." This was making her uncomfortable, and she wasn't sure if that was ok. She forced herself to move to the sofa and sit. "I don't want to hear this, ok? This is... already difficult enough."
“You will bloody well hear it,” he spat back, his hands trembling as he stared down at her. “Just….know that. I know we’re not friends, but….you know, nevermind.”
"You're right, we're not friends, and yet, here you are, in the middle of the night, drunk, half dressed and rambling about my death's great significance...? What am I supposed to say, Tony? Tell me exactly what you need to hear me say, and I'll say it, I'll do whatever you need me to, to settle that storm in your head. I assume you imagined how this would play out, so just... tell me." She was on her feet again, she could feel her own anger boiling in her chest, festering there.
“Some things never change, eh Kesh?” he replied then took a step back “I’ve said I’m sorry, that’s all I wanted… I used to care what you thought of me, but now……. I know I don’t.” He took a step towards the door, but got no further. She was on her feet, moving towards him. Before he knew it she had his under shirt clenched in her first, her face centimeters from his. In the gloom her dark eyes shone with indefinable emotion. "Say that again," she demanded.
"I don't care what you think of me."
"Again." Her voice shook, but she held his gaze as tightly as his shirt.
"I don't care what you think of me."
"Again..." her attention flickered, taking in the rest of his face, alighting only briefly on his lips as he spoke once more.
“I don’t care” he said, his eyes filled with sorrow. He had come here to finally apologize to the woman whose death had kept him awake for months. A new chance at ridding himself of his guilt, but now seemingly out of reach once more.
"Then, why are you still here?" she asked, her voice quivering as the pain he'd caused her showed clear on her face.
“Because.....” he paused. Taking a step back and removing her hand from his shirt “I need to hear you say it.”
"Say what?" she asked, unsure suddenly what to do with her hands.
“That you forgive me”
"Fine, I forgive you." Simple as that. She cocked her hip and rested a hand on it. She stepped back, her bare feet making no sound on the regulation carpet. She stood and waited it see what he'd do next.
Tony looked crestfallen… it would have to do. “Captain” he said, nodding, then glanced at the door. “I should… retire.”
"Damn right you should..." she breathed, annoyed by how much Tony had changed. "But do me a favour, Commander? Next time you decide to disturb me this late to apologise for something, then tell me you don't care what I think... then wait for my forgiveness... Maybe reconsider your plan of action till your head is on a little straighter, understood?"
“Understood….I won’t bother you again Captain”
"See yourself out." She turned away from him without another word and paced into her bedroom. Tony heard fabric rustling softly from the dark room beyond. Kesh had gone to bed and left him alone.
He turned to the door and stepped out into the corridor. In his mind this would play out differently. In his mind he would have his friend back. And she would help him.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:55 pm

::sniffle::
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto 11509.17

Postby Einar S » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:26 pm

OOC: Thanks to Aoibhe for bringing Mac and Vic to life!

Tony’s head was throbbing and he tried to find a drop of moisture on his tongue but it was like squeezing water from a rock. He attempted to open his eyes, but managed to open his left one and took in his surroundings. That stain on the ceiling. His own quarters….that’s a start.

He looked over to his left and saw the back of a woman’s head, her form snuggled up next to him and a blanket covering them both. “Right”. Mustering up all the strength he could, Tony grabbed the blanket and lifted it up. “Still wearing pants”
The woman stirred, mumbled something incoherent and pulled the blanket closer around her.
"Hey!" another female voice piped up from Tony's right. The blanket made a return trip as it was yanked backwards again.
Tony took a deep breath and looked over to his right to see Reed curled up beside him, clinging to the blanket like a lifeline “Reed….what the fuck happened last night?”
Reed raised her tousled head from the fraction of pillow she'd claimed during the night, her eyes remaining resolutely closed. "Shut up, Elinor..." she groaned before giving up and letting her head relax onto Tony's bare shoulder. She wriggled and settled, consciousness slowly creeping in. "You're hairy," she complained, scrunching her nose up as her face got tickled.
Tony sighed and gently removed her head from his chest and rose up, instantly regretting the decision. “Computer…time?”
“Oh five forty two AM. Your shift begins at 0700 Commander”
“Oh god…..” he moved out of the bed with lack of grace, placing his palm on, what he hoped was Mac’s leg, as he rose resulting in a grunt from the woman. “Computer, electrolytes.”
Mac stirred, scooched into the void left by Tony's departure and finally opened her eyes. "Hell of a party, boss," she said, as almost immediately, she found herself the recipient of Reed's sleepy embrace. She didn't bother untangling herself. She lifted her head slightly, and surveyed the mess the Engineering department had made of their Chief's living quarters last night. Bottles, empty glasses, crumb-covered platters, uniforms and streamers lay in chaotic disarray.
"Can't wait to see what happens..." Reed muttered into Mac's shoulder "...what he does when he makes Captain."

Tony grabbed the blue liquid that materialized in the replicator and chugged it down then wiped his mouth with his arm and took a deep breath “Never wearing red”

Mac rolled out of bed, tested her wobbly legs and stepped slowly, and gingerly towards the replicator. "Why is the ground moving like that?" she moaned, concentrating on each step. "I don't think I'm sober yet... Computer, Bacon. Just lots, a pile of crispy bacon, plate optional. And coffee, black." She looked over at Tony. "You know, with Captain Suder around again, you have someone higher up to put in a good word for you. You may not be able to avoid a Captaincy forever..."

Tony averted his eyes to a spot right above her head, then walked over to his right and grabbed a uniform jacket from a chair and threw it her way “topless.”
"Whoa!" Mac yelled, grabbing the jacket and disappearing into the next room. Several cheers greeted her sudden entrance into the living area. Obviously, Tony had more hangers on than he had thought.
Reed choose this moment to sit up. "I'll have her bacon."
“Thought you might” he said as he lazily grabbed the plate from the replicator and placed it on the dinnertable, after moving a few empty bottles out of they way and sat down, resting his head on the table. “Can’t…..human”
"ugh..." Reed joined him at the table with a huff, wrapped in his bedsheet. "If only Elly could see me now," she chuckled, selecting a sliver of bacon from the plate and chewing on it. "You go back to bed, sir. Mac and I can cover Engineering." She got no response from her boss. "It'll give me time to break the truth to Mac gently..." she swallowed, sighed and selected another piece. "Seems she missed the memo about Suder somehow."
Tony lifted his head up slowly “Suder? What did she do now?”
"Mmm..." Reed swallowed and took up Mac's cup of coffee. "The scuttlebutt from Sickbay is that that's not Captain Suder at all." She swirled the contents of the cup and took a sip. "Blegh... no sugar."

Tony reached out and placed his hand over her cup to stop her from leaving the table “What?” his voice took on a deeper tone, almost as if he was growling. “That….bitch”
"It's ok, Chief. I'll drink it anyway." Reed quipped, confused by Tony's reaction.
Tony let go and stood up, his feet wobbly. “I can’t believe she did that to me…..I trusted her!”
"Who? Mac?"
"Suder, Vic. Keep up."
Reed's eyes widened. "What did she do to you?" she asked, anticipating a saucy tale. "... 'cause Sickbay have a poll going. First officer to do the nasty with Suder. My latinum's on the Captain..." she sipped at her coffee. "... I get a vibe off her, you know. And yes, I know she's shacked up with some Andorian hunk or whatever, but that doesn't mean she's beyond temptation, if you know what I mean..." Reed chuckled and went for more bacon.
“She lied to me”
Reed froze mid stretch, her fingers mere inches from the bacon pile. She thought twice and reluctantly pulled her empty hand back. This was new. Adalberto was confiding in her. Suddenly she didn't know what to say to him.
Tony just stood there, his mind racing and his head spinning. She had done it again….she promised she wouldn’t. He had trusted her, and she had made him believe that his friend was alive. Even if that friend had rejected his peace offering, at least he had been able to extend the olive branch…….but he hadn’t, had he? She had abused his trust again…..for a while he had perhaps even cared for her….maybe even loved her. But she had done it again. Taemin Suder had betrayed him, after everything he had done for her.
“I….I need to shower”
"... Sure..." Reed replied, standing too. "I'll get that lot out of here, sir." She shifted her bedsheet covering and stepped in the same direction Mac had disappeared. "And I meant the offer, chief. Mac and I can handle Main Engineering. You deserve, you know, a quiet morning..."
“See you at 0700” he said as the doors to the refresher shut close. “AND BRING COFFEE!”
Last edited by Einar S on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:36 am

What would your unborn daughter think of you? :(
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:23 pm

C. J. Short wrote:What would your unborn daughter think of you? :(

that her old man sure knew how to party?
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Einar S wrote:
C. J. Short wrote:What would your unborn daughter think of you? :(

that her old man sure knew how to party?

I concur.

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto w/ Hyperion aXO Danann 11509.24

Postby Einar S » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto w/ Hyperion aXO Danann 11511.05

Postby Einar S » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:27 am

The comm request came through unexpectedly and made Niamh start. She cast an eye over her office, brief concern at its messy state overshadowed by her excitement at seeing him.
"Computer, holographic display."
She remained seated behind her desk as a second ready room configuration overlayed on top of her own. In successive sweeps oddly angled bulkheads appeared, then a second window showing different stars, a desk, a plant, a sofa that had seen better days, and finally, him.
"Hi... ", she said, suddenly feeling shy. "... Can you see me ok?"

Tony tapped a few buttons to merge his projection into her surroundings rather than overlap the two, then looked up from what she assumed was the XO’s desk on the Bremen and smiled at her. “Hey you”
Niamh saw his lips move and frowned. She raise a finger. "Hang on..." tapping a few buttons, she isolated the issue and smiled with satisfaction. "Try that again?"
“I swear I told Mac to fix this….hey!”
Her smile broadened. "Hey, yourself," she began to stand, hesitated, seemed to talk herself into completing the motion and straightened. "So..." she continued, overly casually as her altered figure became visible to Tony. "How've you been...?"

“Wow you’re pretty” he said, his gaze on her holographic form. He wanted to reach out and touch her, but that wasn’t possible.
"Comes with the territory," she smiled at him. "You've no idea how many men are keen to ask out a pregnant lady," she joked. "I've taken to carrying a stick around with me, just to get through the crowds." She moved over towards his seated projection, pulling a chair with her. "Even Douglas is being nice. It's kinda weird..."
Tony grinned and moved from a sitting position onto the edge of his desk, crossing his arms “Do I have to come over there?”
"Yes," she replied without hesitation, a mock serious glint in her green eyes. "You definitely need to get over here. Immediately. I'm seconds away from giving into his manly advances." She smiled.

Tony chuckled as he stared at her form, his eyes on her growing midsection “You look amazing….I wish I could be there, always.”
Niamh curtsied a little, her smile broadening and her hand resting lightly on the slight curve in her belly. "We wish you were here too, Tony." She felt her cheeks blushing. "You know, I hadn't ever wanted this for myself... But I'm getting to like the idea." She sat down in the chair she'd pulled over with her. "We should really figure out how we're gonna work this, with me here, and you there. Doesn't seem fair on the poor peanut."
“We have time” he said grinning, his eyes barely leaving her stomach. “We’ll figure this out. People have been doing this for millennia”
Niamh smirked. "Not in space they haven't. But, you're right. We'll figure it out." She watched him stare, content to let him ogle, happy to know he was pleased with this whole situation. "If worst comes to worst, I can handle being planetside for a few years."
“My parents own this beautiful cottage in the countryside… I loved being there as a kid.”
"Maybe there, then. If it's not too hot. Beats any of the stations I grew up on, that's for sure." She reached out reflexively to take his hand, needing him close, but felt nothing as her fingers trailed right through the projection. "Oh, right... Not really here...damn."
Tony smiled sadly and raised his hand closer to hers “next time we’ll do this over the holodeck”
"Next time, we do this in person."
"That's what got us into this whole mess in the first place, remember?"
Niamh chuckled at the memory. The Bremen's Engineering office hadn't seen that kind of action in quite some time. "Yea... but it was fun... " she winked at him.

“It really was” he said with an even bigger grin on his face, then his image flickered and went out before reappearing moments later “-ear me?”
Niamh stood up, concern written on her previously smiling face.
"Tony...?" she called, before retreating to her desk and checking the connection. "Problem's at your end, gorgeous," she called, trying to strengthen the connection nonetheless.
"... omms through th... ector...,'ant get a..." Tony disappeared once more.
Niamh leaned on her desk and watched Tony flicker in and out of existence, the intervals growing longer before the connection broke completely.
She stood in resigned silence, eyes fixed on the spot he had occupied.
"... I love you too."
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto w/ Thalev Idrani 11511.12

Postby Einar S » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:26 pm

“It’s not like the repair list isn’t long enough after that little skirmish at Organia, the nacelle…..the one I just had installed is cracked and I have to deal with whatever the Chief thinks he’s doing on deck five!” Tony grumbled as his legs stuck out of the bulkhead, while Mac stood over him reading from the display built into the wall.
“Almost there Boss….a few more microns”.
“No honestly Mac, what the hell? This ship keeps falling apart on me and the crew isn’t helping”
“A few more…….no no, that’s one too many……yes. There, lock it in place!” she said as she studied the readouts and confirmed with her tricorder.
Tony squirmed his way out of the bulkhead and stared up at her from the carpet “And you know what the Cap’n just asked? Slipstream….It’s not like I haven’t tried to get that shit to work properly…had they actually allowed me to take part in the installation and not just study the blueprints I perhaps could find the problem….and Doctor Brahm’s holographic troubleshoot is useless”
Mac just smiled down at him and offered him her hand and pulled him up “You’ll figure it out eventually, you always do, Boss”
“Why are you so cheerful?” he asked as he brushed himself off and retrieved his tools.
“Someone has to be” she said and winked at him playfully.
“I’m not that bad…..it’s just, I have a lot of stuff to do and standing in as Exoh isn’t really helping with my sleep….I keep waiting for this day to get worse, not better”

Idrani recognised the voice before he saw the speaker. Or, rather, he recognised the tone - grumpy. Tony... Part of him wanted to avoid Tony, but he'd been through hell to be with Sara again, and he wasn't going to let anything stop him now. It had been years since the incident. The bar fight Idrani had gotten them into had cost Tony his leg, and Thalev a friendship. Since then, Idrani too had lost his leg, also at the hands of Klingons. Between the two, they had one set of natural legs, and one set of prosthetic legs. Like some kind of comedy duo.

It was amazing how far prosthetics had come along, although Thalev had never been able to walk without a slight limp, and it still ached now and then. He swung his bag over his shoulder again, and stamped hard on his leg to try and wake it up after the long shuttle trip. "I'll see you around, Raazni," he called as they went their own way, Idrani taking a deep breath as he neared the engineers.
Mac turned around the face the newcomer and smiled “Can I assist you sir? Are you lost?”

Before he could reply Tony rose up from his toolkit and locked eyes with Idrani. “He’s not lost Mac…..hey, heard you were alive.”
Thalev managed a polite smile to Mac, then turned to Tony. "All it took was retiring from Starfleet." A pause. "How've you been?"
“Hopping along nicely. Heard you got chewed up by the Borg. Nice accessories”
Mac glanced awkwardly between the two men, then pretended to go review the diagnostic running behind her.
"Mmhm," Thalev agreed. "I'm thinking of getting the upgrade, but you know me and money." He gestured to the walls, indicating the ship as a whole. "Nice gig. I read the reports... it's good to have you all back safe and sound." He was clear in his tone that he meant it. It wasn't just small talk.
“Thanks” Tony said matter-of-factly, then took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Staying long?”
Thalev nodded a reply. "Sara," he said, as if one word explained it all. This was ridiculous, feeling awkward like this. Perhaps a more direct approach. "I was stupid. It was out of character, and there's no way I could have known how far it would have gone. But I was stupid. I let them get to me, and it cost you. I'm sorry." It felt pathetic, just throwing it out there like that, but the elephant in the room took up a lot of space in an already crowded area.

Tony wanted to raise his voice and tell him to go screw himself…but a part of him actually agreed….but it had been seven years since that incident, and he had been angry all that time. But things had happened since, a lot of shit had happened….he had made mistakes himself, mistakes that had cost the lives of dozens of people. And he knew how that felt.
So he extended his hand “Sara”
The Andorian accepted the handshake, overwhelmed with gratitude. It would take a long time, if ever, for the two old friends to become friends again - heck, it might never happen, but the handshake was like opening a new door. At least now they could stop living in the past, in a bar fight seven years ago, and they could finally move forwards, wherever that took them.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen