Anthony 'Tony' Adalberto, AWOL

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Re: CEO LtCmdr Anthony Adalberto

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Wow, I really enjoyed that and I'm quite intruiged now.. :-)
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Commander

CEO LtCmdr Anthony Adalberto w/ TAC CWO Harlan 11507.30

Postby Einar S » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Tony glanced around to see if Antonia and Mac hadn't strayed too far away. If anyone suspected them the biosignatures would only work in
close proximity. "Chief, I'm glad to see you....how did you get out?"

Harlan took a deep breath before he spoke. "I'm not sure. They scanned me twice, then took me to Dio, who apologised and let me go free. I'm guessing my gene damage from back on Utopia Planitia misled their bioscanners, somehow..." Andrew glanced at Sumner's... cage... and frowned.
"I tried demanding the crew be released, but they completely fail to grasp how essential the concept of freedom is to us. We might have no diplomatic options here, Tony."

Still somewhat surprised at Adalberto's disguise "What's your plan, and where do you need me?"

Tony glanced around and smiled at a child passing by before turning his attention back to the Chief "We are looking into locating and disabling whatever is preventing transport." he fished around in his tunic and retrieved a small button and handed it to Harlan "An emergency transporter. As soon as we disable the countermeasures everyone will transport back to the ship which has direct orders to start a warp core breach....don't worry, it's just for show"

With a slight frown, the chief quickly slipped the familiar miniature device into his pocket. He knew to trust Adalberto's often unorthodox ideas, so he didn't ask and just nodded.
"I'm no use in any covert ops, standing out in the crowd like this, but maybe I can set up some kind of distraction, get attention away from where you need to be. By the way: who is "we"? Who else is here with you?"
Andrew looked around, trying to spot any other crewmembers, but their dusguise must have been nigh perfect, to his eyes at least.

"That... that's hard to explain... See if you can use your free pass to access any information on how we can take down their countermeasures. If
you sense danger, get out. Is that clear?"

With a nod, Harlan acknowledged, then looked around, checking the area for data points.
"I'll keep talking to those trapped inside" - Tapping near his badge - "that ought to keep one or two guards occupied, spying no doubt, while we nose around."
Having seen something that resembles an information terminal across the square, he began to take slow steps towards it.
"As soon as I find something, I'll return here and... Yeah, well, you'll find me."

Tony nodded, then glanced back at Antonia. "One more thing" Tony fished out a handful of transporters, one for each member of the away team "You
get these to the away team...I have more chance getting into restricted areas looking like this"

Accepting the buttons with a nod as he walked away, Andrew was surprised not to be drawing as many gazes as a strange offworlder should. The Su present were all still fixed on the ongoings in the Captain's holding pen.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

CEO LtCmdr Anthony Adalberto 11508.20

Postby Einar S » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:36 pm

OOC: Thanks to Aoibhe playing Antonia and Mac

Tony’s head was still spinning from the after effects of a stun beam shot in close proximity…in the back, his own daughter. He rubbed his temples then set about plugging the portable power unit into the deflector controls. The dish was beyond repair, but he was not going to limp back and have those starbase engineers take all the credit. The system would be up, as well as the warp drive and weapons systems.

He plugged in the unit and charged the station, and one by one the controls came to life. “Computer, activate a level 3 diagnostic on the susbsystems and report to me when it is finished”

“Affirmitive. Might I remind you that the Captain left clear instructions for you to see her when your schedule allowed”
“Postpone”
“Affirmitive”

Tony shook his head and sat down, opening up his toolkit to retrieve a sandwich and a bottle of water. Replicators were down, but at least Chef owed him a favor. He unwrapped the sandwich and stared at the PADD in his box. OPS had sent him the transmissions hours earlier, but he knew what it would say….and he was still hurting. He bit into the sandwich and smiled. He hadn’t eaten all day, and for once no one was yelling at him…..they had made it, and he would get to see Nia soon….a pregnant Nia….he glanced back at the PADD, then grabbed the device and accessed the recording.

The screen crackled with digital static, warped and eventually coalesced into an image. Antonia was looking directly out of the screen. "- don't have long..." she spoke urgently, her words garbled and masked in waves of interference. She looked behind her, back down at the console below the camera's view and tapped a few buttons. "Tony..." she glanced up out of Tony's screen once more, "Dad... I'm sorry about what I did. It was the only way I could think of to get you back to Mom. That is more important right now than anything. I -" the static grew in strength. She spoke on anyway, her lips moving without sound, "-to be together. And I need you to promise me something..."

Distant shouts could be heard over the PADD's small speakers. Antonia physically flinched, but she stayed where she was, fear in her young, green eyes. "You have to convince Mom to give me away. Find a nice fam-..." her lips moved as her eyes filled with tears "... -one who can't have kids, maybe, I dunno... I just know Mom isn't ready. I know that first hand, Dad. I love her, OK? And show her this... I love her more than I can say. I know her and I love her so much that I know this is the right decision. She's not ready, and it's not fair on either of us."
Shots rang out and Tony flinched, his heart racing.
"I have to go..." she punched a few controls, ducked and returned fire with the phaser she'd beamed over with. "Look me up when I'm older! Tell me about this!" The recording continued for a few seconds more, phaser fire and static filling the screen from several directions before cutting off.
The silence that followed was heavy.

Tony just sat there in silence staring at the bulkhead, his appetite long gone. Meeting his daughter, and losing her…could he lose her again?
Mac ducked her head around the broken door. "Got an update for you, Boss," she said, breezily, the pressure of the last few weeks having lifted from her shoulders as all the engineers settled into a blissfully regular routine. He looked up at her, and she saw his eyes brimming with tears. “Tony…you okay?”

Tony just swallowed and wiped his eyes “I’m fine….hand me that report”
"It's ok...it, er, can wait?" Mac replied, even as she stepped closer to him. "I can deal with it, it's no problem," she added uncomfortably.

“Yeah…maybe do that? Can you also just….” He got to his feet, leaving his half finished lunch and toolkit on the floor “…take over here. Thanks”
Mac squinted at the open conduit. "Sure thing." She shifted from one foot to the other. "If you er, need to talk...?"
Tony just glanced over his shoulder as he stepped out into the corridor “I’ll be at the bar”
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Quit playing games with my heart!

Excellent work, you two!
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

CEO LtCmdr Anthony Adalberto 11508.20 Supplemental

Postby Einar S » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:47 pm

"Nia...OPS told me you were planetside so I didn't want to bother you, seems like you have a lot on your hands....just wanted to tell you we're back. We're safe....I know we were listed as MIA, but we're fine....but I'm not really....I want to see you when we can, we have a lot to talk about...." he ran a hand through his hair and reached for the bottle of rum and took a sip before continuing "Just know that I love you and I've missed you......" he took another sip and placed the bottle back on his desk "Nia...this might seem strange but.....you're not pregnant are you?"

Tony glanced at the monitor, showing a fuzzy image of Antonia from a damaged visual scanner in Engineering. Goodbye kiddo.

"Transmit message"

The computer chirped and transmitter the message to where ever the Hyperion was located at the moment. "Computer, music.....something classical.....Pink Floyd"

He grabbed the bottle as the music started blasting in Engineering and walked over to his couch and laid down. They were still a day out from base and he had a bottle to kill.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Well, someone's gonna get a hell of a shock when she checks her mail.

Really sweet, Einar. :)

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:15 pm

I approve of you FINALLY telling her you are alive!

Commander

CEO LtCmdr Anthony Adalberto 11508.27

Postby Einar S » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Breathe in.....breathe out...

"Goodbye Kesh. "It's good to see how some things never change"
"If you want my advise... the universe is a cold place without friends, and a sincere apology can go a long way towards staving off that cold."
"I have plenty of friends Kesh. Perhaps you should take your own advice"
Her back straightened at his words, but she didn't respond. Instead she thumped the release on the door with the heel of her hand, and disappeared.

That was the last time they spoke....and barely an hour later she was dead. Once his closest friend...before Taemin...

Taemin was still serving a 20 year sentence at New Zealand back on Earth after impersonating Kesh, her prime counterpart. Kesh had hated him for taking Taemin under his protection....he had seen the good in her, he had protected her against Keshir's wrath...he had even gotten close with her. And Keshir never forgave him for that.

"Do you even know how difficult it was for me to work with you after Kymar and I were rescued? Do you have any idea what it's like to waste away in a cell for over a month with no idea what was happening to my crew, to my friends... only to come back and find out that one of my closest friends was... what? what was it Tony? What made you think that harpie was worth championing? What exactly did she do to make you think she deserved more of your care and time than me? Are you really that easily swayed? Did she bat her eyelashes, smile at you, show a little skin? It disgusted me how easily you turned."
"I didn't turn....I saw what she was capable of. I put my neck out to help her" he almost spat the words, feeling a burning anger in his stomach.
"You saw what she was capable of..." Kesh repeated flatly. "So did I..." She leant a hand on his bed. "I saw she was capable of stalking into my room at night, drugging, abducting and holding me hostage. I saw her capable of impersonating me well enough to fool my crew and my friends. I saw her capable of manipulating you, holding your attention, showing you the type of Kesh you were most likely to feel pity for... that poor, broken soul."
"Get out"
"Not until I see some sort of remorse from you, Commander. Not until you understand what your high morals and lofty ideals did to me. It's easy to give someone a second chance, and I know you felt very proud of yourself for standing up for her. I know how you felt because every single emotion you had for her, she felt... and I felt, too. We are the same damn person. Her strong connection to you transferred to me. When I got back to the Hooke, I sensed your interest in her right away. Your begrudging respect..." she leant in a little "... your reluctant attraction..." she let her eyes flicker over his face, her gaze landing briefly on his lips "...your ego telling you how grateful she'd be..."
"I am not under your command, these are guest quarters and I am on leave. I asked you to leave. Should I call Security now?" he sighed and looked deep into her eyes.
"I'd like to see you try..."
"Get over yourself Kesh. I liked her because she was honest. I do have feelings for her, I probably always will. But just because your wires get crossed doesn't mean I have the slightest care in the world for you any more"
"You liked her because she was accessible, there's no shame in that." Kesh laughed, remembering the several times early on Adalberto had tried to ask her out. "What I can never forgive though, is how little thought you put into stepping over me to get to her, despite everything she did to me, to Kymar, to our crew... and how in the year since, you never once thought to apologise... it makes me feel unwell to think I ever considered trusting you."
"Goodbye Kesh" he said and laid back in his cot, placing his arms beneath his head. "It's good to see how some things never change"

Kesh was alive. He knew Taemin intimately, that was not her. The way she stood, walked and spoke....he learned the hard way to know the differences. He hadn't spoken to Taemin since he broke the news.

What do you need to hear?"
"That she didn't die hating me". He could feel his eyes brimming with tears.

Taemin felt the raw sincerity of his request hit her like a fist. She thought for a moment, rested her hand on his cheek, and closed the tiny gap between them. "She didn't hate you," she said, fighting back the blanket of emotions she felt covering Tony's mind. "She didn't hate you, she hated me. She blamed me for corrupting you..." she bit her lip. "She was a little jealous that you let me corrupt you, too..." She smiled with something akin to pride, and rested her lips gently on his neck. "It's ok, Tony," she breathed onto his skin as her arms snaked across his back.

"Taemin, not now."
She looked up at him, saw she could probably win him around if she tried, but something stopped her. Maybe she was developing a conscience of her own. "Fine," she pouted. She took half a step back and composed herself, saying, "Look, handsome, you're a good man... mostly. You stood up for me when no one else would. You have that pesky thing that so few people in my reality were burdened with... 'morals', I believe they're called?"

If Kesh really was back, why and how didn't matter anymore. He could tell her that he missed her and that he was sorry....just like he had imagined their last meeting in his mind every night for weeks after her death.

But could he know the truth? Did she hate him?
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:59 pm

How quick we all are to believe :)

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:38 pm

Fantastic summary of a turbulent time, Einar. That really brought back memories.
Thank you for rooting all those logs out. Can't wait to see what Tony does when faced with her properly, now. :)

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen