Anthony 'Tony' Adalberto, AWOL

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Aaaaaaaw, that was really sweet, you two.
I was expecting a fist fight, but I'm pleasantly surprised by this twist in the tale.

:)

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto w/ EO Ens Raazni 11601.01

Postby Einar S » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:46 pm

With Andrew James as Ensign Raazni and Captain Idrani

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=311&p=4952#p4952
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto w/Hyperion's LtCmdr Danann 11511.

Postby Einar S » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:07 pm

a few weeks ago...

"Finally!" she groaned as her final transport docked. It had been a long trip, she had been days traveling. When she was younger, this kind of travel wouldn't have knocked a feather out of her, but now...?
"Pregnant lady, coming through!"
At least this bump was useful for something, she smirked as she rushed past her fellow travel companions and onto the station.
Her eyes scanned the assembled crowd for a familiar face. But Tony was nowhere to be seen….she told him she was coming on this transport, he should be here. Then she felt it, hands sliding up behind her, resting on her pregnant belly and embracing her from behind. “Hello there”
"I swear... that better be you, Tony. I've had it up to here with people manhandling my belly," she said, turning to check. She surveyed his face, a smile cast across her tired face as she noticed the return to the beard. "Hey, you."
Tony kissed her, his hands still on her stomach. “It’s good to see you two”
She leant her body against him briefly, enjoying that simple pleasure for a moment before turning in his arms to face him. "We missed you too, gorgeous." She kissed him, her lips curling into a hidden smile.
"Get a room!", a disgruntled voice cut in as the pair found themselves jostled to the side, away from the busy airlock entrance.
Tony chuckled and grabbed Nia’s arm and led her away from the airlock and towards the nearest service lift. “We’re docked at Level 3… how was the ride?”
"You do not want to know."

Minutes later Niamh stepped into the Bremen, Tony at her side.
Minutes after that, she had him all to herself in his quarters. She threw her bag in a corner and pulled off her jacket, her belly more visible than before now.
“You’re huge!” he said, a big grin plastered on his face, then took a step towards her and grabbed her by her sides and kissed her, running his right hand up her side and into her hair. “I told Mac to run things while you’re here, nothing is taking me away from you two.”
"Good. I've been without booze, coffee and zero-G since this all started. I'm not willing to do without you, too," she said softly, peeling his jacket off in one smooth motion and letting it drop to the floor behind him.
Tony grinned and led her over to the sofa “First, you rest and drink something with loads of vitamins!”
She plonked onto the sofa with a huff of impatience and looked up at him with incredulity. "I didn't come all this way for prenatal care, you know. Vitamins later," she ordered, "naked now!"
Tony pointed a finger at her sternly, his eyes gleaming with humor. “Don’t test me Nia…Computer, orange smoothie three with mint.”
Niamh watched him curiously, unaccustomed to having her demands ignored like that. She wondered at his attempts to delay what she'd traveled sectors for. As he handed her the glass though, she saw a look on his face that answered her private question.
She had lived with this pregnancy for months, he hadn't. She had been given time to get used to her changing body, to the idea of having a daughter to care for, he had known it only in theory. Suddenly, now, for him it was real. It must have been a shock, however well he covered it.
"Thanks," she said softly. "I'm parched," she lied, smiling broadly.
Tony smiled and sat down next to her with the smoothie and handed it to her, placing one hand on her stomach “I know you’re lying, but… just drink it okay?”
She nodded with grace and brought the drink to her lips. "I'll just imagine it's a scotch," she quipped, then took a mouthful.
"So, haven't seen you in almost four months, and you have me for four days..." she absently placed her hand over his, "what's on the agenda, hm?" She drank more, rather enjoying the sharp flavour now that she'd started.
Tony reached over, placing his arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer. She leaned against him with an inaudible sigh as he continued speaking. “Who knows how much time we have when Antonia’s born… I just want the two of you close by” he said smiling, then kissed her cheek. “I’m not leaving you two.”
"Then let's talk about Earth. Cause I'm not gonna lie, Tony. I need you closer for this and that damn planet seems like our best option." She rested the glass on a side table and looked at him. "I can't do this on my own."
“I know, and I already contacted my old professor at the Academy, they might have an opening for me again. I could finally get back to teaching for a few years”
She embraced him, burying her face in his neck. "I'll talk to Roj' when I get back, request a transfer planetside immediately. Antonia should be born somewhere she can call home."
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto w/ TAC Harlan 11602.11

Postby Einar S » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto 11602.18

Postby Einar S » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Tony felt something warm trickle down his head and reached up, feeling the pain in his shoulder as he did. Dislocation. His fingers came into contact with something warm and sticky, but his eyes weren't working....he was blind. No, wait. There. In the darkness somewhere, a blinking red and green light.

Tony slowly but surely crawled towards the light and reached for it, grabbing the cool metallic casing of a standard tricorder. His tricorder. He flipped it open and the brightness almost made him flinch. He set it for a medical scan, it wouldn't have access to medical records or detailed scanning subroutines, but it would work well in the field. He held the device towards his head and moved it down slowly, all the way to his toes. "Small cut on my forehead, dislocated shoulder....could be much, much worse. He switched the device back to Engineering preferences and scanned his leg. "Oh meno male"

"Computer, rapporto sullo stato"

He waited for a reply, but none came. "è cattivo....."

Tony accessed the Tricorder's survival mode and accessed the torch setting, lighting up the surrounding space, giving him a view of the room. Deck 4, section 9 C. Ofcourse, he was working on the computer grid to bypass the locks on matter replica......Kesh. If the power was off on the whole grid...."Manache!"

He looked over at the main system's display. It was dead, everything completely silent.....that meant life support, radiation shielding....sickbay's backup generator would hopefully still be working. If not, anyone on life support....Kesh's brain, would not survive much longer or at all. But his first priority was the ship. For some reason the batteries were not kicking in, and that meant damage to the power distribution grid.....and thankfully, that's just where he was located.

He tapped his commbadge "Tony al ponte. Ponte, mi stai ricevendo?"

No reply, and no indication his message has been transmitted. He plucked the commbadge off of his jacket and held it up against the tricorder. Circuitry is damaged....the casing was buckled, must have been the same impact that had dislocated his shoulder. "Figlio di troia"

He pulled himself to his feet and walked over to the door and hit the activation pad. Nothing, servos were down. He grunted as the realization hit him. He needed to set the shoulder if he was to have any chance of using the actuator. He took a deep breath as he set his shoulder against the cool metal of the bulkhead. "Puoi farlo, Tony"

He bit down, locking his jaw and thrust himself against the wall, screaming in agony as the shoulder popped into the joint with a sickly crunch. He slid down to the floor as the pain almost blinded him, taking in gulps of air as the pain slowly subsided. This day was going to be a long one. But he had seen worse. Much worse. But he would fix this, the ship needed power. Kesh needed power, and the people on this ship needed help..and he had been waiting days on the latest baby pictures from Nia, and that's the last thing he remembered before waking up now. Her on the screen, then boom. He would get back to that message, it's what kept him going.

He turned around and flexed arm, it was painful but the arm worked. So he set to work, opening the access panel next to the work and grabbed the actuator with both arms, pulling the extension out of the wall. A spark flew and the air stank with ozone. "Merda..." the whole circuit was fried. The solar flare must have completely fried every circuit on this ship.....but there were backups, he just needed to get them online. Somehow. But until he did, this door was stuck closed.

He glanced over at his shoulder at the tricorder. The krellium power cell would only fire up the diagnostic console for a short time, not long enough to prove useful. He had access to tools and equipment here that could possible restore some backup computer functions, but no power.....

Tony grinned and glanced down at his leg, of course it would not come out of this unscathed. Never did.

Tony grabbed the lose panel on the floor beside him and used it to cut through his pants, revealing the near perfect skin underneath and ripped at the cut to reveal the rest of the leg. Somewhere right below the knee.....there, he pushed and a patch of skin rose up swiftly, revealing a circuit board, a small ODN plug and access to the power cell.

He pulled himself to his feet and straightened his leg before pulling the power cell free, locking the limb in place. It wasn't comfortable, but he didn't need it. This console needed power, and now it would.
Last edited by Einar S on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Aw, not the leg?!
And it wasn't even my fault this time, either!!

I loved that you used Italian, Einar, it's a great touch, and I hope, inspiration for the rest of the crew in this mad silly mission I have planned.

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Really nice!
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto 11603.03

Postby Einar S » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Tony yawned and grabbed his coffee mug behind him and took a long sip of the now cold coffee. He had managed to restore emergency power to almost all primary systems, including life support, gravity and waste management....following a very disturbing incident, but now almost four hours later he was on the verge of collapse from exhaustion. Never in his career had he had to deal with so many crises at once.

Sometimes he felt like the Cap'n did this on purpose to test him.

Tony emptied the mug and sighed as the last drop fell on his tongue, wishing that replicators were back online, but for now he had to deal with instant coffee from his own office, hidden in his emergency kit. If there was ever a time.

He placed the empty mug back in his kit and pulled his knees up to his chest and turned in the Jeffrey's tube to get a better look at the burnt out fuse junction. The whole relay was shot and needed replacement at every junction, and it was painstakingly slow work, but unless it was done this ship was going nowhere fast.

Tony grabbed a plasmacutter from his kit and lit it before cutting through the scorched housing. He would have to place temporary seals all along this tube and reroute the power through the secondary manifold. And just maybe they would get plasma flowing again. Maybe.

Tony sighed as he cut through yet another bolt, then looked over at his kit and retrieved his PADD. If he was going to be here all day, he could at least hear the latest message from Niamh and maybe see some new holographic images of his daughter.

He grabbed the PADD and magnetized the back, placing it up above his head and brought up the message he was about to listen to just when this disaster hit.

He pressed play and leaned back, starting work on the next bolt.

"Tony... " Niamh started, sobbed, and pushed on. "I need to tell you something..."

And his world collapsed.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:52 pm

:aaa: I'm not sure I want to be in mission with Tony tonight

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Poor Tony.
First the loses his leg, then his unborn foetus.
What on earth could he possibly lose next?!

I'mma start a poll. Get your bets in, folks.

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen