"The Right to Fight", Mission Arc #9

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Mission Briefing 11506.04

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:43 pm

TO: Senior Staff, USS Bremen

All: Starfleet has ordered a full assault on the Tzenkethi forces stationed near the wreckage of Starbase 621. Due to our need for repairs, we're a bit behind the main fleet, but we will be joining the reserve forces. I have no doubt we'll be needed before all is said and done, so put your departments through their paces, and make sure we're battle-ready.

I want you all to report to the briefing room at 0800 hours with your readiness reports.

That is all.

Commander Sumner
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Re: "The Right to Fight", Mission Arc #9

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Lapse is the 5 minutes or so it takes to get to the battlefront.
The ship is currently bolting towards a breach in the Federation line on the starboard flank. They, and a contingent of 20 starships, have been called up from the reserve force to staunch the flow of Tzenkethi craft through the breach.

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11506.11

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:30 pm

All: A gap has opened in the Federation's line, and it's our job to fill it. No enemy vessels can be allowed to pass.

OPS: Coordinate with Fleet OPS and keep me appraised of the situation.

aCTO/TAC: Time to earn your pay. Coordinate your fire with the rest of the wing; nothing gets past us. Mobilize the MACOs.

CMO: Prepare for casualties, Doctor.

CSO: We're outnumbered, Ms. sh'Hruvek, which means we'll need to think outside the box. Look for any possible countermeasures we could use outside our traditional tactical methods.

CEO: Keep us in one piece, Mr. Adalberto. This will be neither an easy or brief fight.

Stay sharp, everyone. We can't afford to fail, here.

Commander Sumner
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Re: "The Right to Fight", Mission Arc #9

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 pm

The battered Bremen has back tracked to the border.
They have discovered the Dreadnought that is releasing all these fighters into the battle field has had it's hangar door closing mechanism damaged by one of the Bremen's fighters. It's stuck open.

Lapse: 5 hours.

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11506.25

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Out of the frying pan, into the Einstein-Rosen Bridge. Let's all catch our breath and figure out what happened.

CEO: I know it's a long list, but let's get a damage report, Tony. We seem to be near an inhabited planet, so we might get some assistance, but don't plan on it.

CSO: We need to know where we are, and, if necessary, when we are. I won't pretend to know exactly how to do that (probably star charts and such), so I'll leave the hows to you.

OPS: Try and locate a Federation comms buoy. If you can't, look for any recognizable government's buoy. We may get lucky.

CTO/TAC: I have no idea what our defensive systems look like, but keep what we have ready.

CMO/MED: I imagine we have injured. Continue to look after them. Dr. Tomesu, I may need you for an away team, depending on what this planet turns out to be. I'll let you know.

That is all.

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11507.09

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:35 pm

All: While the situation is unusual, it seems we've landed in good hands with the Su; they've offered to help repair our vessel, and have hinted that they may know a way to get us home. They have also offered to help care for our wounded.

While this may seem too good to be true, let's avoid making any rash assumptions, and do our best to be courteous with our hosts.

CEO: I get the sense that the Su dockyard will be more than adequate for our repair needs. Nonetheless, please liaise with the repair crews so we can get underway as quickly as possible.

CSO: Please put together a copy of our cultural database to share with the Su, namely the Federation races and their customs, as well as a historical summary. In addition, see if we can get access to the Su's star charts; that might help us figure out where we are.

CMO: Liaise with the Su medical facilities. While our Sickbay is adequate, it wouldn't hurt to get some additional care for our wounded.

CTO: I want security teams deployed around the most sensitive areas of the ship, specifically the weapons systems and torpedo magazine, as well as deflector control. Gently inform any Su repair teams that they cannot access those areas with accompanying personnel from Engineering. If they ask, explain to them why we're blocking those areas off. We don't want to look like we're trying to hide something.

NAV: Work with Ms. sh'Hruvek on figuring out where we are.

There is a party to attend, and you all have my permission and encouragement to do so. This is an opportunity to not only learn about a new culture, but also to unwind. We'll get home as soon as we can, but it won't be immediately, and we've all had a hell of a month.

That is all.

Commander Sumner

Previous

Return to U.S.S. Bremen