"The Right to Fight", Mission Arc #9

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

"The Right to Fight", Mission Arc #9

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Mission Orders
SD 11503.12

To: CO Commander Sumner, USS Bremen

Captain Sumner.

Once more let me congratulate you in the warmest possible terms on your new posting.

That now done, I am pleased to inform you that Starfleet HQ have seen fit to return you and your crew to the newly refitted Bremen, awaiting your arrival at Utopia Planetia. Please see that you give your crew ample time to familiarise themselves with any alterations to ship systems that may have occurred in their extended absence.

In addition, a contingent of 50 Marines will be joining your staff. This is a precautionary measure I expect you to comply fully with, Captain. These Marines are assigned to ensure that all ship personnel and auxiliary crew are vetted and monitored in light of the upsurge in hostilities along the Tzenkethi border. Starfleet takes the defense of its crew and its technology seriously.

These marines will be housed in enlisted crew's quarters, with the current compliment of enlisted personnel currently two-per-berth increasing to three- and four-per berth to accommodate.

I have attached details to this comm of the bigger alterations to the Intrepid's standard layout. A full list of smaller changes will be yours on your arrival. I expect you to take the Bremen on a shake-down cruise around the Sol system, and to test the Slip-stream drive as far as Alpha Proxima.

Once done, report back to me. Assuming all goes well, I have further orders for you.

Godspeed,
Admiral Elsbeth Bantree,
Starfleet HQ

<<<<<<Attachment Below>>>>>>

Accommodation: 168 [218] (42 officers, 126 enlisted) [plus bunking for a contingent of 50 marines.]
Classification: Light Explorer/Convertible Heavy Defence
Length: 342.5 meters
Width: 144.84 meters
Height: 55.42 meters
Weight: 700,000 Metric Tonnes
Cargo Capacity: 35,750 Metric Tonnes
Hull: Duranium-Tritanium composite, ablative armour on upper decks
Number of Decks: 15 Total

The refit employs the standard variable geometry warp nacelles, bio-neural gelpaks and an updated Emergency Medical Hologram system (more on her later). It also features the standard warp core for its class, refitted with a new dual engine slip-stream drive. The QS assembly is located on the second tier of Main Engineering, and is connected to the warp drive's base assembly via a series of nodes designed to regulate and channel power through the warp drive's power distribution mechanism to the nacelles.

Warning:
The QS drive is a new feature on Intrepid refits and must be used sparingly. It's overwhelming power consumption can cause bleed-through into other systems, limiting sensor and telemetry readings, and interfering with conn control accuracy after engagement. It is advised to set a course and use the QS drive in short bursts as course correction during use could be detrimental to ship and crew.

Advanced shielding and updated Type-XII phaser arrays equip it admirably, while visible phaser pulse canons have been added at fore and aft on dorsal surface for added repulsion and defence.

Alongside the eleven original phaser emitters – two dorsal fore, two dorsal aft, two ventral fore, one ventral aft, two pylon, two dorsal fantail – and four photon torpedo launchers – the two phaser pulse canons may seem overkill, but when given the opportunity to fire directly at a target, the pulse canons pack a higher yield than a prolonged burst with a regular phaser.

Phaser Array Output:
Each phaser array takes its energy directly from the impulse drive and auxiliary fusion generators. Individually, each type XII -emitter can only discharge approximately 7.1 MW (megawatts). However, several emitters (usually two) fire at once in the array during standard firing procedures, resulting in a discharge approximately 14.2 MW.
Phaser Array Range: Maximum effective range is 350,000 kilometers.
Primary Purpose: Defense/Anti-Spacecraft
Secondary Purpose: Assault

Pulse Canon Array Output:
Each canon array is powered by its own generator that continually leeches power from non-essential systems while ship is idle. This gives it a burst of power when needed, typically about 25.5 MW per pulse. A fully charged canon can let loose 15 – 20 shots before being completely depleted. Recharging can take anything from 5 minutes to 3 hours, depending on the ship's condition and tactical situation.
Phaser Array Range: Maximum effective range is 150,000 kilometers.
Primary Purpose: Defense/Anti-Spacecraft
Secondary Purpose: Assault

Auxiliary Craft:
The Intrepid class Main Shuttlebay is equipped with the following auxiliary craft:

Two Mustang Mk II Impulse fighters.
Two Type-9 Medium Short-Range Shuttlecraft
1 Type-9A Cargo Shuttle
2 Type-18 Shuttlepods
2 Work Bee Maintenance Pods.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Mission Briefing SD 11503.26

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16 pm

TO: All Senior Staff, USS Bremen NCC-12428

CC: Maj. Evan Deiter, MACO

As you all know, the Tzenkethi have launched attacks against Starbase 621 and Sigma Rho Station; we are now at war. We will be at Yellow Alert at all times, until it becomes necessary to engage the enemy.

CEO: I need warp power ASAP, Mr. Adalberto; we're going to be needed on the front lines, I suspect. Until further notice, the QSD is not to be used, barring extreme emergency. I don't want us to have to rely on it until we can be sure it won't leave us crippled. Once we have warp drive, your priorities are shields, weapons, and sensors, in that order.

OPS: Do what you can to assist Engineering in getting us back on our feet. Additionally, pipe all fleet communications through my Ready Room console. I need to know what happens, when it happens.

CSO/TAC: I'd like you to go over everything we know about Tzenkethi ships and biology. Find me weaknesses, conventional or otherwise.

AUX2: We'll likely be heading into combat soon. Prepare Sickbay accordingly.

MACO: Major Deiter, please see me in my Ready Room at your earliest convenience.

That is all.

Commander Sumner
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Re: "The Right to Fight", Mission Arc #9

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Mission Orders
SD 11503.26

To: CO Commander Sumner, USS Bremen

Starfleet has received an encoded message from someone we have confirmed to be the Tzenkethi Autarch.
She claims she has been deposed and that this war was started against her will. She has requested an extraction with a view to ensuring she can be reunited with forces still loyal to her and her less outwardly aggressive regime.

I can't tell you how tactically important this may prove to be, Captain Sumner.

If we can save the Autarch, and allow her to rejoin her forces, this could result in the attacking Tzenkethi troops having to split their resources, attention, and troops along two fronts.

With this in mind, SFHQ feel it is in our best interest to attempt a rescue mission.

The co-ordinates the Autarch has transmitted are included in this transmission. She is located within Tzenkethi space, hidden in a small, secret complex within the Zenzukz asteroid field.

You are to proceed there at your best possible speed, and see to her recovery.

Godspeed, Captain.
Admiral Elsbeth Bantree,
Starfleet HQ.

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11504.02

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:59 pm

For those that don't know, our orders are to exfil the Tzenkethi Autarch and reunite her with loyal Tzenkethi forces, in the hopes of putting an end to the coup that seems to be behind the Tzenkethi attack. Needless to say, this is a vital mission; we will all need to be at our best.

Regarding MACO forces: MACO presence in secure and at-risk locations on the ship is mandatory. I expect all department heads to learn to cope with this; you are professionals. Find a way to cope.

CEO: For now, the QSD is to be taken offline until you and your department are able to run proper tests and simulations and find a way to precent systems loss. I don't need to tell you how little we can afford such loss, given our mission.

TAC: We are effectively operating in enemy territory; we are to remain at Red Alert at all times, and I want all security personnel running anti-boarding drills.

OPS: We are silent running; internal comms only. In addition, monitor for any external comms or other artificial transmissions. We're swimming with sharks, Ensign; we need to know if we're about to be eaten.

CSO: That goes for you as well, Lieutenant. I want constant scans for *any* vessels in the area, enemy or otherwise. In addition, keep an eye out for any anomalous readings; I don't want any surprises regarding Tzenkethi stealth technology.

MED/AUX2: Maintain casualty readiness. With any luck, this will be a smooth pick up, but we can't count on luck.

I'm proud of the way you have all handled this situation. A lesser crew might fall apart, especially with a new Captain. If we all maintain our composue and remain the professionals that we are, we'll get through this in one piece. When we do, the first round is on me.

That is all.

CO Commander Sumner
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11504.30

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:16 pm

CEO: That nacelle is of paramount importance, Mr. Adalberto. If it can't be fixed in a timely fashion, we'll need another solution. I know that's easier said than done, but it's what needs to be done.

CTO/TAC: Keep your eyes open for enemy ships. I doubt that one will be the last looking for the Autarch.

OPS: Get me the latest war reports. In addition, work with Commander Adalberto on a solution to our lack of warp drive.

CSO: While I would prefer to keep moving, we may need a place to hide. Look for a nearby nebula, or asteroid field. If there's nothing, try to come up with a way to mask our signature.

CMO/MED: I want an update on the rest of our guests. Also, if you could find a means of keeping them warm without having to heat up the ship, that would be fantastic; a suit of heating blankets or something. We're kind of dying up here.

That is all.

Commander Sumner

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11505.07

Postby C. J. Short » Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 pm

CEO: I need an update on the nacelle, Mr. Adalberto. I don't want to be stuck in Tzenkethi space with no friends at all.

CTO/TAC: Yellow Alert; I want shields and weapons at the ready. Once we've delivered the Autarch, we're on our own. Again, it's imperative the MACOs aren't allowed anywhere near the Autarch.

OPS: Monitor comm traffic. If we've got trouble on the way, I wanna know about it beforehand.

CSO: Do what you can to hide our signature. The harder we are to find, the better; I want to see the Autarch's forces before they see us.

CMO/MED: Send me a report on the deceased MACO, please. I've a letter to write.

That is all.

Commander Sumner

Commander

Debrief SD 11505.07

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu May 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Lapse is 15 minutes.
The ship is becalmed after its dramatic journey at Warp 1.5 and equally dramatic exit from warp. Nowhere near anywhere of significance.

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11505.14

Postby C. J. Short » Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 pm

TO: Senior Staff, USS Bremen

All: Well, this has certainly turned into an adventure. I things don't look great right now, but keep your heads, and we'll get through this fine.

CEO: I could use some updates, Tony. Are you alive? How many pieces is the ship in? A summary of what is and isn't working would also be nice. I know you're doing your best, so if an update has to wait, that's fine.

OPS: I'm recording a distress message and sending it to you. I need you to give it a Federation encryption and send it on all Federation frequencies; we could obviously use a little help.

CMO/MED: Be prepared for injuries. I'm sure my busted lip is far from the worst result of that mishap. Aside from that, care for the Autarch's unborn offspring is your top priority. This is out best chance to salvage whatever relations we might have with her.

CSO: We need to think outside the box a bit, here. Give Engineering whatever assistance you can in that regard: solar sails, towing, or getting out and pushing are all on the table.

CTO/TAC: As always, keep an eye out for unfriendlies. We're in a vulnerable state, to say the least.

Commander

Re: "The Right to Fight", Mission Arc #9

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri May 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Lapse is a day and a half.

Commander

Mission Briefing SD 11505.21

Postby C. J. Short » Thu May 21, 2015 7:50 pm

TO: Senior Staff, USS Bremen

All: The Autarch is away, so that portion of our mission is concluded. However, after receiving some intel about the enemy fleet, we are now moving to intercept the 20 Tzenkethi vessels that splintered from the main force. This is both to cover the Vonnegut and the Autarch, and to assist the fleet holding Lamemda.

As for our part in the battle to come, we're still not mobile, but Starfleet put enough weapons on us for that to be a minor inconvenience. With a tow from one of the portions of the Bremen, we will serve as something of a weapons platform in support of the rest of the attack wing.

ENG: Lieutenant Mackenzie, it's imperative we keep our weapons firing. We won't need to worry about shields, as the Hyperion will be covering us with their regenerative shielding.

OPS: Keep the tractor beam at the ready. Should the Hyperion lose theirs, we'll need to grab a hold quickly.

CMO/MED: Prepare for casualties.

CSO: Assist OPS with tractor control. In addition, be prepared to transfer power to the Hyperion, should it become necessary.

CTO/TAC: Work with the rest of the fleet to prioritize targets, and give them every ounce of hell we can muster. It's time to make use of these weapons.

Good luck. That is all.

Commander Sumner

Next

Return to U.S.S. Bremen