CO Captain Sara Sumner

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant

Re: CO Captain Sara Sumner

Postby Andrew James » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:30 am

What? I thought Sara was wearing that

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:15 am

Sara's wearing the white leather bustier and knee-highs.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:08 am

I will throw Smurfie the best bachelor party, there will be Klingons and sharp bat'leths!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:32 am

Because that worked out so well for you last time :D

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:50 pm

I have a different end in mind this time :black:
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Einar S wrote:I have a different end in mind this time :black:

This.. is gonna be fun!

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:34 pm

SD 11511.05

Sara sat in her ready room, head in her hands and her mind buzzing. She was in a significant amount of pain; her head and neck were particularly sore after being throttled and tossed around like the waif she was. She was long overdue for combat lessons.

The diplomats had been secured, with the help of their new Klingon friend. That was a victory in itself, and Sara's first instinct was to take them back to a starbase, and rally a larger force to try and dissuade House Durak. Starfleet's orders had troubled her, though. She wasn't completely naive; she knew these kinds of decisions had to be made on occasion, with a larger goal sometimes being more important, but the coldness with which the order came had been unsettling. And, if she was being honest, it had felt like a personal challenge, like Starfleet believed it was impossible for Sara to do both, which brought back all her earlier feelings of inadequacy regarding her early tenure as Captain.

Not this time. She would show them that it was possible to both secure the hostages and successfully defuse the situation. She would remind them that you didn't always have to make that sacrifice. She would also remind them that she had reached Captain for a reason. It was time to stop feeling sorry for herself, and diplomatically kick K'Tor's ass.

It was time for Sara to remember who she was.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:30 am

SD 11512.02

Sara stared out the window of her ready room at the starbase, slumped lightly in her chair. By all metrics, the previous mission had been as successful as it could have. Not only had they secured the captured diplomats (as well as a Klingon defector), but the situation on Oragania had been resolved as well. In truth, it had been the least-messy mission of her tenure as Captain of the Bremen. In addition, it would be mere hours before she was reunited with Thalev. She had every reason to feel on top of the world, and yet, here she sat, thoroughly vexed.

The situation with Mr. Harlan was troublesome, in that none of the information she'd gotten about it was satisfactory. It would require immediate attention. Still, that wasn't quite the problem. No... this was something deeper.

She knew exactly what it was, of course. She was too reckless. Always too reckless. It was simply part of her personality, and a part she'd become rather fond of. And it was an argument she'd had with herself before, too; she was a Captain now, and needed to be responsible, and if she wanted to keep to her chaotic ways she needed to find a new line of work, and what would Captain Rome say, or Thalev for that matter, and on and on.

With a huff, she spun herself around in her chair, frustrated. She would have to change. There was simply no way around it, and there was little in this life that Sara hated more than an inescapable truth.

Once she stopped spinning, she got up from her chair, stumbling only slightly as she made her way to the small rest room. She fetched the styling device from a drawer near the sink, and looked forlornly at her mohawked hair.

It didn't seem fair. If being herself had gotten her this far, it didn't make much sense that she suddenly had to change. She was a good officer... but that wasn't enough to be a good Captain, Rome's voice echoed from deep in her subconscious. With a deep breath, she activated the styler and shaved away what hair remained, so that it could grow out evenly into a more respectable style.

Sara Sumner was a good officer, and a good member of any crew, but she was an irresponsible leader. Captain Sumner would need to be something better. Something more. And she would be. And she would start with Mr. Harlan's mystery, right after she met an old, blue flame.

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:26 pm

::starts to shake a little::
Don't be too harsh on him, the poor guy.
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:32 pm

wow this Captain Rome guy seems like a total dickwad
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion