CMO Lieutenant, Junior Grade Ren Tomesu

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander

Re: CMO Lieutenant, Junior Grade Ren Tomesu

Postby Einar S » Tue May 05, 2015 8:03 pm

C. J. Short wrote:Don't worry, the Captain won't take much convincing :D

Good log, Nick!

See! Rome's not the only mad Captain!

Great log Nick :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sun May 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11505.07

What a difference a few blinky lights makes. Despite the fracas in sickbay resulting in the removal of the Tzenkethi to one of the cargo bays, we are now in the process of attempting to rescue the Autarch's foeti which we have discovered in her stasis pod. It transpires that that vial on the side of her pod is her uterus, and the biomass contained within is her progeny; seventeen of them, no less.

Power levels on the vial is currently at 11%, causing me to contact both security and the captain; I had originally thought that the embryos were potentially more Tzenkethi soldiers in an embroyinc state, however after discussion with Captain Sumner we are both in agreement that these are, indeed, her progeny and that the best solution to the problem of the loss of power in the vials would be to discuss the situation with the Autarch. The computer's referral to the manufacturer upon asking for a solution to the problem was most likely the kick we needed.

Needless to say, the Autarch is understandably concerned and we are now in the process of working with her to resolve the problem. Hopefully the result will be seventeen newborn Tzenkethi in a newly-converted nursery next to sickbay and the resumption of cordial relations with the Autarch and her people.

They can still go to hell when this is all over, though.

Computer, end log.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun May 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Haha. Very diplomatic, Nick.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue May 12, 2015 2:55 pm

diplomacy has no place in sickbay!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sun May 17, 2015 8:44 am

Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11505.14

While we have notched up two noteable achievements, we are by no means out of the woods. Thanks to Captain Sumner's intervention, as well as her superior engineering skills, the Autarch's progeny are alive and well, and Commander Adalberto, who had been injured whilst on duty on a shuttle, is recovering in sickbay from both a brain and lung injury.

I say we are not yet "out of the woods". You would think that, given the victories we enjoyed in sickbay, all would be well. Not quite. Due to the damage we sustained during out encounters with the Tzenkethi rebels, we are suffering from intermittent power-outs. While the Autarch's vial is powered by a specially-modified tricorder, Commander Adalberto's biobed is not, and his recovery is being significantly hampered by the lack of constant power. Engineer McKenzie assures me that they are doing all they can to keep sickbay powered, but cannot give me an estimate of how long it will be before full power is restored.

Given the complexity of Commander Adalberto's injuries, I am unsure of how long it will take for him to return to full health, however we will continue to monitor his situation and I have ordered an around-the-clock watch to make sure that his condition does not deteriorate due to the power outages, most particularly in his brain. I hope that we are able to return either to full power or to another ship where we can give the Commander the care and treatment he so desperately needs.

Computer, end log.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Thu May 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Awesome logs lately, Nick. Us doctors have all of the fun!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Mon May 25, 2015 10:15 am

Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11505.21

We are docked and undergoing repairs after what appears to have been a successful mission. Well, I think it's been successful; given the looks on the faces of our senior staff I'm not entirely sure. The Bremen was badly damaged and lost its warp core during the encounter with the Tzenkethi, however we have delivered their Autarch safely and her progeny are alive and well. Hopefully this means that their internal schizms will be healed and a slightly less fractious relationship with the Tzenkethi will resume.

In addition to our warp core, we have also had our fair share of personal loss. The unnecessary loss of one of the marine corps, in addition to numerous staff during our battles, the near loss of Commander Adalberto, my own injuries. Sickbay has been a busy place of late; not something I want to see in the near future, if at all.

Our new captain has, however, kept the majority of us alive and safe. For that I am grateful. The chances were slim, the odds stacked against us For now, the chance for us all to reflect and consider the future as a team, a crew, a unit.

A starship.

I, for one, will enjoy some down time. And I am looking forward to letting someone else stock the sickbay drawers for a change. Hopefully our leave will be long enough for everyone to get over the excitement of the past few days and allow us to be ready for whatever the galaxy has for us in store next.

Computer, close log.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 am

nothing like near death to shake a crew together :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sat May 30, 2015 6:27 pm

Personal log, Stardate 11505.28

Our shore leave continues. I have been able to enjoy the comforts of our temporary new home and have even managed to relax a little. I don't see much of the rest of the Bremen's senior staff, although the fault lies mainly with me as I have attempted to keep a relatively low profile.

The reason; I guess that, as I've not been a serving officer for particularly long, I've been using the time to reflect on whether or not this is how all of our missions will go. I mean, quite so spectacularly. And with such a constant risk to life. And whether or not that sits as comfortably with me as it had when I first started at the Academy.

I have always wanted to serve in Starfleet. It's prestigious, it offers a chance to explore in a way no other profession offers, it's a perfect way to actually serve the Federation and make a difference as a citizen. But no amount of lectures and simulations can possibly prepare you for exactly what is to come once you graduate.

While I am enjoying my role as chief medical officer, I have spent much of the time "fire-fighting", rather than on actual medical research or even running a department. Ensign Wren performs her duties well, albeit without much personality, but I feel that some form of normality might just give us a chance to bond as a department and a team. Who knows? Maybe our next mission will involve this type of work. Failing that, I guess I can look forward to more triage and emergency transporting.

Well, for now, I guess I should make the most of the time I have and enjoy the break. I might not get another one for a while.

Computer, close log.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:20 am

Let's hope so, too.
I'm itching to do a more thought provoking mission, but in the middle of a war, those are difficult to do.

But soooooooon!

PreviousNext

Return to Spacedock