CMO Lieutenant, Junior Grade Ren Tomesu

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander

Re: MED Ensign Ren Tomesu

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:24 pm

I see the wibbling has commenced.
Excellent...

Ensign

Re: MED Ensign Ren Tomesu

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11503.26

So much for Starfleet being about exploration and discovery. Halfway through a major thesis on Caitia I'm suddenly recalled back to the Bremen in preparation for what appears to be potential war. More specifically, the extrication of the allegedly recently-deposed Tzenkethi leader, which will, most likely cause said war to come to fruition.

Despite leaving sickbay on the Bremen what I though were capable hands, I appear to have returned to utter chaos, courtesy of a disproportionately large number of marines. Quite what they think we need so many of them in sickbay for I have absolutely no idea. Although they may come in handy applying tourniques if we keep shuddering about the way we are right now. I'll have to arrange for Wren to give them some basic bandage training.

Might actually keep all of them suitably occupied, actually.

Computer, end log.

Ensign

Re: CMO Ensign Ren Tomesu

Postby Nick Beckwith » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11504.02

And, just like that, I'm Chief Medical Officer. No pomp. Mercifully. No ceremony. Just a quick announcement from the Captain over the comm.

Actually, that's quite how I like it.

And at least it means that Ensign Wren gets to do all the medicals from now on. And I get to head the research. My favourite part.

If it weren't for the fact that we're in probably the biggest danger I've ever been in during my time in Starfleet. From the sounds of it, we're either under attack, or about to be. Maybe having the marines here wasn't such a bad idea after all. Add that to the fact that it's clearly irritating the human part of Wren and I'm a happy man. Providing we get out of this alive.

To that end, sickbay has been prepped and is ready to receive casualties should it come to it. The marines are at least out of the way for the most part and our triage teams are on standby.

I'm not quite sure what else I need to say as Chief. I guess it'll come as time goes on. I just hope there's not a lot of bad news to report after this mission.

Computer, end log.
Last edited by Nick Beckwith on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commander

Re: CMO Ensign Ren Tomesu

Postby Einar S » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Nick Beckwith wrote: Add that to the fact that it's clearly irritating the human part of Wren and I'm a happy man. Providing we get out of this alive.

hahahaha
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Re: CMO Lieutenant, Junior Grade Ren Tomesu

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:55 pm

Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11504.09

I am currently in sickbay, extremely puzzled.

We have successfully beamed four Tzenkethi pods aboard the Bremen. The occupants, three males and a female, all of whom are alive; however I am uncertain as to the exact details of their physical conditions due to a lack of complete information on their physiology.

In addition to the pods, there is some form of device attached to each of the pods, which has something to do with the Tzenkethi but again, due to limited information from the ship's computer I am unable to determine their exact purpose, or indeed if it is the devices that are keeping the Tzenkethi alive.

Oh, and we also don't know if the pods actually contain the Tzenkethi leader or not. It could be a Trojan horse, for all we know.

So I am very, very puzzled. And not entirely sure who to call down to sickbay to help. Maybe sh'Hruvek, although she's busy with her own problems from what I can gather. Especially as I ordered the computer to open the pods to no avail, even though the computer did not exactly hypothesise that the Tzenkethi would be harmed in the process. I foresee a lot of headscratching over the next couple of hours.

At least it will give me a chance to get my new second pip attached to my collar correctly.

Computer, end log.

Lieutenant
IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Character Name: Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Postby Shawna F » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Gosh tho when they have a second to breathe (hey maybe next mission) she would love to come down and ponder over Tzenkethi biology and see if miss autarch (IF THAT IS WHO IT IS) would like to say hi.
CSO Lt Raqiin sh'Hruvek - USS Bremen NCC-12428
XO LtCmdr Vikram Baudin - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 / S.T.A.R. Taskforce Sigma

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11504.16

I am pleased to announce that we have successfully rescued and revived the Tzenkethi Autarch and we are currently en route to the rendez-vous point she has given us. The success of this part of the mission is good news and I am glad to have played a part in it.

Given that we do not know a lot about Tzenkethi physiology I am not as surprised as I thought I would be at seeing them face to face. Their atmospheric requirements are, however, going to cause many of us on board some discomfort, although I think it is, at this point, worth noting that command officers should advise their departments that a loosening of the collar is not unduly disrespectful of Starfleet regulation dress code at this point. Computer, send note to all department heads advising.

The Autarch herself is....well, quite regal. And has the attitude to go with it. To the point of being obnoxious and condescending. Especially given that we've just rescued her and are en route to try to return her to power.

I will continue to keep an eye out on all our guests' medical conditions and report on their progress as we continue to our destination.

Computer, end log.

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sat May 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11504.30

I am in sickbay. While this may sound unusual for me to report as Chief Medical Officer, I am in sickbay as a patient, unhappily, having been badly injured by one of our own marines during an engagement with one of the Tzenkethi guards assigned to protect their Autarch. My team have performed well and I am pleased to report that I am recovering well from my injuries. I am told - and I expect to be - that I should be able to return to work presently.

Computer, end log.

Personal log, Stardate 11504.30

From my own personal perspective, I have to say that I can't work out exactly what went wrong back then. Although one thing is clear; once this mission is over, the Tzenkethi can go to hell. They're rude, pompous and downright condescending. How the hell the Federation sees fit to assist them with their domestic struggle is beyond me. Maybe it's for the best that my job is confined to sickbay. And that poor Marine had nothing to do with it - he was simply doing his job and died because of some pig-ignorant arrogant dickhead security grunt and his ridiculously unhinged perspective of a threat. I'm even considering submitting a full formal report with playback evidence to the Captain to prove it was the Tzenkethi who started it. If only politicians and ambassadors showed the same concern about the death of military staff as we do.

I may have to reread the Hippocratic oath; see if there's a section there that says forget the saving a life crap and let the bastards rot.

Computer, end log.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue May 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Ooooh, cranky doctor.
More of him, please! This crew needs to be kicked into shape. Hehe

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Tue May 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Don't worry, the Captain won't take much convincing :D

Good log, Nick!
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

PreviousNext

Return to Spacedock